[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been here a long while (2011 is the earliest I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: _85883757_gettyimages-490896234.jpg (27KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_85883757_gettyimages-490896234.jpg
27KB, 660x371px
I've been here a long while (2011 is the earliest I remember visiting.)

I know 4chans reputation is edgy and people come here to act like complete shit heads normally, but is it just me or are more people than their used to be acting like complete sociopaths? I'm not saying I want 4chan to coddle people or be softer, hell I like the take no nonsense attitude it normally has, but I feel like I'm noticing more of the unpleasant asshole kind of behaviour instead of the good ol' fashioned 4chan asshole behavior.

anyone else echo the sentiment?
>>
>>408886
Yes, of course.
You'd be surprised how much damage one lunatic can bring.
>>
been here since 2006 sporadically.
it's backlash against web2.0, I'd sound absolutely insane if I tried to explain it and you'd tell me to fuck off back to /x/ but it's essentially a certain group of people that are disillusioned with what the internet has become as of late, probably started browsing around 2008-2011, witnessed the last days of 'old /b/' and have spent the rest of their time here trying to recapture that hostility.
>>
>>408892
sounds likely
>>
A certain percentage of any population is going to be natural assholes. I don't think 4chan attracts more than normal, at least not compared to what one would find on facebook or youtube or twitter.
>>
>>408906
I used this on a dumb frogposter once and he actually did it
>>
>>408908
nice blog, fag
>>
>>408909
nice nubs

only oldfigs will remember this memeā„¢
>>
>>408XXX
dubs were removed for a reason
>>
Unless Asians or edgy Americans are posting, /pol/ has the brash attitude of the good old days. If you aren't a shitposter, you will get along fine with everyone, but if you are, get shat on mate.
>>
>>408937
/pol/ gives too much of a fuck, but other than that you're right.
>>
>>408939
We actually care about the shit we talk about senpai. Hop on over. We have an influx of shitposting today but sift through it and get comfy.
>>
>>408943
>We actually care about the shit we talk abou
i know, that's why it's not the same. /pol/ is fun but by no means does it have the same attitude as 'the good ol days' don't pretend it does.
>>
>>408957
I don't really see the difference... Only when we were serious did we get any really stupid shit done outside of the site.
>>
>>408967
'getting serious' and branching off into reality is what killed this site.
>hi fauxnews
>>
>>408967
>Only when we were serious did we get any really stupid shit done outside of the site.
Doing things is one of the very fucking reasons this site is going to shit. Activism isn't needed and should fuck off
>>
>>408886
>I've been here a long while (2011 is the earliest I remember visiting.)

I came here in 2011 and you're full of shit. A long time is from 2003-2008.
>>
>>408980
>he wasn't posting in the /pol/ sticky in 1939

what does it feel like to have missed out the biggest happening thread in the history of 4chan?
>>
>>408886
Since 2011 is not a long time, newfriend.
>>
File: 1421664838520.png (125KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
1421664838520.png
125KB, 1000x550px
>>408886
>I've been here a long while (2011 is the earliest I remember visiting.)
>>
I've been here since 2008 and I think people are far more angrier and mean nowadays.

Disagree with someone - call him a retard. Happens all the time now.
>>
>>408985
why is it that old fags are the only users who feel psychologically compelled to prove their an oldfag?
>>
>>409444
nice trips
>>
>>409444
It gives them an authority.
>>
>>409447
Holy shit fuck off with your overused unimaginative shitty fucking memes. The same utter wank posted in every single thread, do you think you're being clever? Funny? No you're just pathetic. Kill yourself. No, don't reply. Don't act like you've goaded me into being epicly rused, just kill yourself. Do it now. Painfully.
>>
I could say that it's due to a population-increase, but I think it's more complex than that. It's probably due to a lot of little things.
>>
>>408985
>desu
>2003
I can't remember when it started, but wasnt it later than that?
>>
>>409452
Are you ok?
>>
>>408886
it's flanderization, but on 4chan. They probably see 4chan as an epic hate machine and think getting people to kill themselves (or other shitty behavior) is funny, so they gravitate here.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.