[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody here ever used Something Awful or currently use it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sa.png (63KB, 259x211px) Image search: [Google]
sa.png
63KB, 259x211px
Has anybody here ever used Something Awful or currently use it? Was it worth the $10?
>>
Yes and no. Thinking about dropping another twenty on the site to use their search function though.
>>
File: 1428308960276.png (201KB, 317x275px) Image search: [Google]
1428308960276.png
201KB, 317x275px
>>404571
>paying $10 to use a fucking forum
no thanks
>>
>>404571
Content and uses are almost virtually identical, much like how there's almost no difference between a channer and redditor despite "my site is better than your site" bullshittery.
>>
I mainly like it for the vidya and programming discussion.
>>
No. Something Awful hasn't been relevant since 1999.
>>
>>404571
I threw 10 dollars at them once because 10 dollars is practically nothing to me because I'm an adult with a job. It's decent. There are few poor children on the website. That 10 dollar bill is, again, practically nothing, but it's a high barrier for children, which is nice. The only problem is that plenty of grown adults are just as bad as children, but it is what it is.
>>
>>404571
It's exactly the same as 4chan, complete with egotripping mods and "muh board culture"
>>
>>404831
>he's a Games poster

Games is legit worse than /v/. It's Facebook tier
>>
>>404924
Depends which thread. I mainly like 4x and Roguelikes so it's not too bad.
>>
>>404571
I don't blame them for banning me. I would have banned me. I'm better now.

SA used to be hilarious and probably still is.
>>
>Is it worth the $10?

They couldn't even keep viruses off their site the last 3 times I visited, so no.

If you ever see them bitching about not getting enough for what they do, find and beat on at least 1 of them.
>>
10 dollars just to be able to post? Sounds like a joke, but apparently it's not.

This is worse than reddit, tumblr, gaia and Facebook combined. Shameful stuff.
>>
>>405247
If 10 dollars is a problem for you, Something Awful doesn't want you there. Sounds like it's working.
>>
>>405307
What do you mean?
Do SA hate poor people or do they think that people who pay 10 dollars will turn out to be really good posters?
Is SA a place with really good posters?
>>
Read the articles 15 years ago, never joined the forum. It was pretty good back in the day.
One day I want to track down that River City Hacky game they had- it was really well made
>>
>>404571
I'm old enough that I managed to register an account on SA before they started charging $10 for it. The place was a goldmine for a few years in the early 00's but it really went to shit at lightning speed after a few years and has never really recovered. Most of the decent userbase split off and went their own ways and that place is just a shell of what it once was.
>>
>>405574
They hate children. Children often can't spend 10 dollars.

They also hate you. You won't spend 10 dollars.

The system works. The system revealed that some people who are willing to spend ten dollars are just as bad as children, but that problem isn't unique to SA.
>>
>>405598
And in the mean time, SA made 10 bucks.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.