[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's something you're interested in, but you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1374782163623.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1374782163623.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
What's something you're interested in, but you can't discuss it on 4chan because there's no board for it?
>>
Love.
>>
E-celebs. Web shows like The Guild (/tv/ REALLY isn't the right place for it, although they accept it over there). Cruise ships. Gambling. Theme Parks. Languages.

I mean, I don't actually want to discuss any of those topics, but those are some examples.

>>404421
/soc/ and /adv/.
>>
>>404576
>E-celebs

I'd like to be able to talk about these too. In one of the early "board request" threads I threw out the idea of a board for discussing internet media since we have boards for TV, Video games, etc. It's just another medium after all.
>>
Fallout 3.
>>
>>404576
>>404594
An e-celeb board would remove a lot of OT topic from /v/ and /tv/ but at the same time, I feel as though it would devalue 4chan as a website since e-celeb discussion is so cancerous. That is most likely just my prejudices talking though.
>>
>>404813
>OT topic
Sorry for the redundancy, I meant OT discussion*

Polite sage for double post
>>
not even ironic. Furries. I understand the reasons why we don't have a /fur/ but part of my autistic shit brain desires a /fur/ board
>>
>>404813
Well I would have thought of it as like /www/ - internet media, or something. Where you can talk about things like other websites and website-based content.
>>
>>404420
1. Space topics, rocketry and astronomy
2. Conspiracy theories
3. Celebrities
4. Religion & Spirituality
5. Engineering and architecture

inb4 "just discuss those things on /b/ or /pol/"
>>
>>404576
Don't you dare say /soc/, a red/pink board, is a good board to talk about love on. /adv/ is an acceptable answer, but not quite what I had in mind.
>>
>>404919
Making love is love, Anon.
>>
>>404938
Sex is the only kind of "love" that most people here ever seem to acknowledge. It's depressing that so few people bother to show interest in something to do with love that isn't pounding their privates against someone else's. So many say they're so unhappy and that they have never been in a good relationship, or that they will never be in a good relationship with anyone. I believe half of the problem is that most of them mostly think about the sexual interaction (especially from their own point of view) over everything else. Sexual acts and attraction are not the end-all be-all of a truly loving relationship! People are even shamed because they haven't had sex as a young adult. That alone shows what's wrong with modern relationships. Sex is seen as the single most important thing! They want a meaningful relationship, yet sex is seen as such a hugely important part of life during their teenaged years. They are very important years of growth, and it's often used in pursuit of sex. Infatuation is what people are so often mistaking as love, and it's a very sad thing.

I know I'm on 4chan of all places, but I wish people could understand why they are so unhappy with their lives.
>>
>>404957
haha fagger
love is just lust with jealousy added
>>
>>404961
That is an insight that I hadn't considered before. I think that that is much closer to reality than I would like to admit.
>>
I only want people to feel more than a flash of hollow excitement, and I receive denial, insults, and mockery in return. As expected of 4chan.
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Infatuation_vs_Love
>>
>>404970
Go back to /r/love

If you're fed up with 4chan, there are alternatives. Don't stay off of reddit just because somebody on 4chan might meme on you. They meme on you either way.
>>
>>404973
I find it hilarious every time someone thinks I go to Reddit, or even thinks I would want to go there. I only find myself there when I search Google fairly specific questions.
>>
>>404980
I'm not trying to make fun of you. I'm telling you that if you want to have a discussion about the philosophy of love, you should go to a community devoted to the discussion of the philosophy of love. That's what http://reddit.com/r/love is. You might like it there. 4chan's community would rather not discuss love with you. That subreddit would. I hope that clears things up for you.
>>
>>404982
Because 4chan can't keep on a straight track for very long. Still... I like to stay anonymous, so I can do without a love board. It's just an interesting subject that deep discussion of seems to be almost entirely ignored on 4chan. Flashes in the pan are what many people here live for, and they won't be swayed by words on the same website that trolling and shitposting are so common on.
>>
>>404986
My username on reddit is a collection of random numbers I slapped on my keyboard. I consider myself plenty anonymous. Nevertheless, I understand everything about where you're coming from. I have the utmost respect for you and wish you the best.
>>
>>404576
>>404594
Honestly, this. Web exclusive content needs its own board.
>>
>>404851
Are you retarded, or is this your first day here?
1. /sci/
2. /x/ (and /pol/ if you want to deny holocaust)
3. Depends on the celebrity. If it is actor, /tv/, if it is musician /mu/ and so on
4. /his/
5. /sci/
Now fuck off
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.