[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me getting untrusted connection warnings on 4chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (25KB, 589x429px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 589x429px
Is it just me getting untrusted connection warnings on 4chan when using Firefox? Is it a problem with sys.4chan.org itself? Every other website works fine and 4chan works fine on other browsers.
>>
Nope, I have to post this from Chrome. Glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>402417
That's a relief, thought it might be malware. Hopefully this gets attention and is fixed soon.
>>
>>402420
Testing if restarting helped. Firefox in general was being weird(er than usual) today.
>>
>>402432
Alright restarting fixed it for me. I know restarting is the first thing you should try but my PC is so bloated it takes about 15 minutes.
>>
>>402434
Already tried that, didn't work for me.
>>
Yes, just you. I'm using Firefox right now and I don't have this problem.
>>
It works fine.
Though, if it does work for you in incognito mode, then you can try clearing your 4chan history: History > Show All History > Right click on a 4chan domain and Forget about this site.
Enjoy losing your cookies and settings, and filters and whatnot.
>>
>>402461
Nope, doesn't work in incognito mode either
>>
Works fine for me
>>
>>402542
Try in Safe Mode then: Help > Restart with addons disabled > Safe Mode.
>>
Having the same problem here. I had to install Chromium to post here.
Restarting didn't help.
>>
I'm using Firefox and don't have any problems. Could be something to do with your certificate settings. Alternatively, don't use SSL. (HTTPS in the URL)
>>
test
>>
>>402563
Seems like my problem was Avast.
I just added *.4chan.org and sys.4chan.org to the whitelist and it's now fixed.
>>
>>402565
>Avayyyyyyyyyyst
>>
>>402415
Hi OP, I posted this thread >402236

The solution was to turn off my antivirus.

>>402562
>Alternatively, don't use SSL.
I can understand dumping antivirus, because they all operate based on known signatures, as in they can't identify new viruses and such until the program itself is update to recognize them. But SSL should be a standard security feature of practically any website these days. It does far more to prevent MITM attacks and browser hijackings than any antivirus.
>>
>>402568
Oops, >>402236
>>
I understand Firefox refuses t recognize certificate due to some kind of unsafe encryption used in it.

Is there a way around it that doesn't involve blanket removal of all security everywhere?
>>
>>402611
Add an exception for sys.4chan.org
>>
If you see this post, this means disabling scanning HTTPS in Avast helped.
>>
>>402617
>disabling scanning HTTPS in Avast helped.
Sounds like a winner, thanks
>>
>>402643
Yep, it was Avast.

Why did it just start fucking up yesterday?
>>
>>402645
Because Cloudflare renewed certificates.
>>
>>402611
You're more security without Avast than with it.
>>
It was Avast, noticed firefox was all haywire today.
>>
>>402461
>Enjoy losing your cookies
You don't have your browser set up to automatically delete cookies upon closing a browser session?

>>402556
>turning off ad and script blocking by choice
No.
>>
>>402774
spotted the autist
>>
testaroo
>>
I'm attempting to post this in Chrome, I can't make posts or start threads anywhere on the site.

For some reason when I access different boards via internal navigation, or when I use the list of frequently visited sites, there's no issue, but if I type in a board manually it gives me the untrusted connection spiel. Same for sites like desustorage.

I've been getting random connection errors for 4chan for a while, but it goes away after clicking send again. Now it just goes on ad infinitum.
>>
>>402922
Well at least that worked. It's probably avast, piece of shit that it is. Didn't even ask for it to be on this machine.
>>
>>402926
Yep, that was it. Thanks thread.
>>
>>402926
Avast was the problem for me as well.
>>
>>402565
Testing this myself.
>>
I couldn't even get to the front page or view any boards until I reinstalled Firefox and deleted all Mozilla files in my appdata folder. Now I just can't post from Firefox.
>>
>>403068
If you have avast, you may have just wasted a lot of your time.
>>
>>402926
dropped Avast a few months ago, it's paranoid to the point where I couldn't run an application I had was writing in Visual Studio after I began to implement file handling, and couldn't visit the Chocolate Doom home page for months for zero reason because it was blocked by Avast
these days, I use Microsoft Security Essentials and run a scan with Malwarebytes every once in a while (free version of MB has no active protection, that's what MSE is there for, Malwarebytes is a better AV than MSE though)

MSE is also light as fuck in comparison, you hardly notice it's there.
>>
Having exactly the same problem here.
Cloudflare needs to update their certificates or firefox needs to stop being as strict.
Either way the problem is out of our hands.
>>
Test
>>
test
>>
I've been lurking for 3 days due to this problem.

All you need to do is UPDATE Avast.

I restarted firefox as well but I don't know if that made any difference.

But UPDATING Avast and restarting the PC solves your problem.
>>
test
>>
>>402415
Security sux
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.