[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>knowing anything about reddit is frowned upon >not hating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1449390440042.jpg (49KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1449390440042.jpg
49KB, 470x470px
>knowing anything about reddit is frowned upon
>not hating reddit is frowned upon

Well, then how are people supposed to form an opinion about it?

inb4 /v/ analogies involving shit
>>
>>402030
most people hating reddit are ex-redditors or redditors in disguise
>>
>>402030
The reddit became comical lately with people calling anyone that doesn't agree with him a redditor.
I still don't understand why we hate reddit as a whole, I mean, a lot of subreddit have their own community. It's like hating 4chan as a whole, it makes no sense unless you hate every board.

What makes me really laugh is when people in cancer board like /vg/ frown on reddit despite being way worse than the subreddit who discuss the same topic.
>>
>>403208
>despite being way worse than the subreddit who discuss the same topic
That's literally every board.
The only advantage 4chan still has over Reddit is its capacity for creating dank memes.
>>
>>403213
>That's literally every board.
Not really
I can say for sure that /a/ is still superior than r/anime when you consider all the restrictions and hipocrisy in the latter
>>
Hating Reddit.
Liking Reddit.

The worse thing on 4chan is having no strong opinion of Reddit. Like, what can I say? "Their aid layout is virtually incomprehensible to me and I don't go there because of it" is neither a winner nor a loser on 4chap.
>>
>>403284
You win by virtue of not playing their stupid game
>>
>>403213
Reddit creates memes too. I've been watching OutOfTheLoop for a while to learn various things about the internet and I've learned about a LOT of memes that originated on Reddit. I think at this point they have surpassed 4chan.
>>
>>403286
Reddit doesn't create memes, at least not good ones. They find underground memes on 4chan and start to use it in their own ways, then since Reddit is a hivemind they all spread that shit like wildfire and claim it as their own. Any actual OC generated by Reddit users tends to be unfunny 9fag tier trash.
>>
>>402030
Hello reddit
>>
While I agree that the whole "you can't even mention Reddit at all or else you're Reddit" mentality is stupid and hinders discussion, the bigger problem is the actual flood of Redditors who've been posting on /pol/ and other boards lately. They completely ruin discussions with their constant memeing (and unoriginal memeing at that) and look at 4chan as some type of shitpost zoo where the userbase does nothing but shitpost, so they take their screenshots for r/4chan, post dumb shit, and repeat. Redditors on 4chan are really cancer, all boogeymen aside, so Reddit hate is well deserved, despite how autistic it is.
>>
>>402030

Knowing things about Reddit is not frowned upon.
Openly announcing that you go there, have an account, and whore yourself for upvotes is frowned upon.
Trying to make 4chan be more like Reddit is frowned upon.
Reposing everything on here to /r/4chan is frowned upon.
>>
>>403213
not at all. /mu/ is better than any music subreddit. /r/music is just full of top 40 shit and /r/letstalkmusic is a no fun zone where they go really deep into the subject and don't allow shit posting. /mu/ is the perfect balance of fun and seriousness for me.
>>
>>403327
I literally just said I've seen memes that originated on Reddit. Very well-liked ones too. And trust me, I know my shit. I've done a lot of research into the origin of various memes.
>>
>>403395
I know what you said, and I'm saying that you can't accurately trace the roots of those memes and they're probably either shit memes or taken from 4chan before the meme got big enough that people would know where it started.
Tell me: how do you know these memes you speak of really first were created on Reddit?
>>
>>403396
Because you can in fact trace the roots. Have you forgotten that this is the internet where everything gets archived? You can legitimately trace a meme all the way back to when it was first posted on the internet. And surprise surprise, some of them were actually posted on Reddit first.
>>
>>403400
>>402033
dubs
>>
>>403400
Just because everything is archived doesn't mean it's all easy to find. Some memes start of really small, limited to a few threads, so that you won't be able to find it with a simple search bar on archive.moe.
Which Reddit memes specifically are you talking about?
>>
>>402030
Your acting like 4chan is one person, which is retarded
>>
>>403327
>since Reddit is a hivemind
Nice bullshit bro, maybe some subreddits are but Reddit as a whole surely isn't.
>>
>>403408
Yes it is fagtron. Other than a few fringe subreddits the whole userbase believes the same shit with different names to give the illusion of free expression. They all think the same, laugh at the same jokes, and act the same. It's disgusting.
>>
Reddit is the place where the popular are heard and the minority thought gets swept under the rug.
4 chan is like a giant line up where everyone gets a chance to yell into the microphone.
I like the unfiltered part way better than having to deliberately choose every word and thought only to have every assclown who thinks they're a reddit 'superstar' jump down your throat and tell you why you're a piece a shit.
Better to be called a fag here than to feel like I'm back In high school playing a popularity game.
>>
>>403542
>the whole userbase believes the same shit with different names to give the illusion of free expression. They all think the same, laugh at the same jokes, and act the same.
Yeah no, it's just that there is more people who agree on an idea than people who agree on the others, just like 4chan. If the weight of that majority of users can make you consider that reddit is a hivemind then 4chan is no different.

>laugh at the same jokes
Definitely not like my mongolian mosaic imageboard right?
>>
>>402033
This, made a Reddit account when it started. Used both 4chan and Reddit. The SJW narrative was too strong for me and I haven't been there in a year now. Deleted my account and haven't looked back.
>>
>>404979
>it's just that there is more people who agree on an idea than people who agree on the others, just like 4chan
The difference is that Reddit sports a voting system practically meant to place the popular and mainstream opinions over the niche ones. In 4chan you can post your opinion and if people agree or disagree they'll reply, but it's never sorted by popularity like Reddit
>>
>>405041
>The difference is that Reddit sports a voting system practically meant to place the popular and mainstream opinions over the niche ones
Agreed the system has its downs but it also have his ups. Thanks to it you don't have to browse through all the shitposts in a thread to get to the, eventual, good ones. This system prime objective is to locate the quality posts, though I agree, its unfortunate that quality posts that goes against a popular idea can get downvoted and thus ignored.
>>
>>402030
it's shitposting. it doesn't supposed to sense.
>>
>>402030
Just look at this fucking thread and see what kind of retards browse Reddit. I'm not saying don't go and form your own opinion, but how the fuck can you deny that people from other sites constantly talking about shit that happens on that site on THIS site aren't cancer?
I went to /r/4chan once and was fucking baffled.
They literally just screencap some random anon's post and post it with the title "Anon (does thing)" and they circlejerk and laugh about it in the comments."
What kind of fucking site is this? And they come here only to shitpost like they see in the ebin screencaps they saw on /r/4chan, shitting up the site even further.

It's OK if you aren't into the crazy Reddit paranoia/hysteria, but denying that they're a huge cancer is just plain retarded and ignorant.
>>
>>405075
You browse reddit.
>>
>>405045
Statistically speaking, most people agree with the majority, so the popular mainstream opinion being promoted will make the most users happy.

Honestly, only hipsters should be upset by this, so I guess they go to 4chan to post about how much they hate each other or whatever.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
>4chan is like this
>reddit is like this

lol, no
the sites are remarkably similar

anyone who is not a teen looking to validate his identity as an epic 4channer can admit that
>>
>>406505

this to be honest family
>>
I go to /v/ to shit post and go to reddit for actual game discussion.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.