[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do migrating redditors actually ruin 4chan, or is it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 30

File: Reddit.jpg (151KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.jpg
151KB, 1200x627px
Do migrating redditors actually ruin 4chan, or is it just a lame boogeyman?
>>
>>399992
How would we know? This is an anonymous board.
>>
>>399992
ask moot, he's been a redditor for 9+ years.
>>
They do, but it's blown out of proportion.
>>
Reminder that actual redditors are the ones who spam the word reddit so it lost all its meaning
>>
Reddit represents a sensibility that people on 4chan tend to dislike. Compared to 4chan it's a step in the direction of Facebook, but the awful thing is that Reddit seems to consider itself very significant and influential (they describe themselves as "the front page of the internet") while being totally saturated with highly-celebrated low-quality content. They take any one thing and grind it down to the most accessible brainless pulp you can imagine. Examples of this are "Advice Animals" and "Rage Comics" which they still have massive communities dedicated to. It's like a site full of millions of baby brothers who won't stop laughing at this one joke you told them and keep bringing it up and trying to give different variations on it.

For that reason among others, people from Reddit are obnoxious and also seem naive. Everyone on Reddit acts like they discovered the internet a week ago. It's a stark contrast to the general userbase of 4chan which (on the whole) seems to be more minimal in its structure as well as having a more internet-savvy userbase. Since we don't "rate" each other on our posts the way they do, we also don't fall victim to the massive vote-pandering that takes place on Reddit and has, because of the way the site is set up, come to dominate the visible content on that site.

So yes, you can spot an anon who just migrated from Reddit. They don't know how 4chan works. They think rage comics and advice animals are hilarious. They are shocked at how blunt people are around here and won't invest the requisite amount of time to learn how things work. But another species of Reddit migrant is people who think 4chan is somewhere you can just be an asshole as much as you want because it's this cool edgy underground "deep web" site where anything goes. Those are perhaps the most obnoxious.

Are they ruining 4chan? Nah, they're too rare to do that.
>>
>>399992
They don't really ruin 4chan since it's damn near dead already.
Redditors are however way too militant, you can't have fun with redditors because they take everything so fucking seriously.
Yesterday's joke is today's law in the eyes of the redditor cluster.
>>
Just migrated from reddit funny i should see this post. I know nothing of 4chans structure so i have never commented or participated in anything. I just lurk.
>>
>>399992
No. The idiots hunting Reddit or blaming Reddit are the ones who've done much more damage.
>>
File: 1337796145409.jpg (65KB, 409x441px) Image search: [Google]
1337796145409.jpg
65KB, 409x441px
>>399999
Quints of truth
>>
>>400028
What they don't understand is that they invite more reddit behavior by doing so.
When new people from reddit see that it's "cool" to be against reddit they try their hardest to fit in too by echoing the reddit hate(which to be honest isn't founded on nothing). The whole reddit witch hunt is pretty much just fueled by reddit users at this point, which is quite ironic and counterproductive.
>>
>>400032
>which to be honest isn't founded on nothing
It's founded on nothing but having a convenient scapegoat to blame all the problems on. Nothing more.
>>
File: reddit.png (71KB, 665x760px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
71KB, 665x760px
>>399992
They just do whatever 4chan does because they think it's cool, SA or gaiafags are worse though.
>>
/tv/ is the only board to get ruined by an influx of Redditors thanks to /got/. Their numbers are too few on the other boards to have any real effect.
>>
>>400042
No it isn't, as 4chan changed over time a lot of that change has been contributed to by the rising number of reddit users who in many cases are underage and try their hardest to fit in, which pretty much created 4chan cultism.
Look at /r9k/ as an example, everyone try their hardest to be a "robot" so that they can have some shithole that accepts them, whilst condemning everyone they don't think fit their faux criteria. They made a whining central into a dick measuring contest about who's the biggest waste of flesh, and this isn't caused by the older generation of users, it's the migrators who tryhard in order to fit in, this is what "le sekrit klub" is, it's all fucking redditmade.
>>
>>400047
They've effected /v/ big time and they're trying to take over /pol/
>>
>>400000
>>
>>399992
r/4chan has almost 700,000 subscribers and the most popular screenshots get over 1,000,000 views. They also get spread on Tumblr and other social networks.
>>
>>399992
Reddit hasn't been a haven for SJWs and fedoralords in a while. Even now, unless you go to certain subreddits you still won't see many of those types jerking each other off.

It's just a meme here, and it's exacerbated by the fact people don't know how to express themselves without falling back on the easiest retort - "you don't like my blatant retardation? Go back to reddit!"
>>
>>400018
>Nah, they're too rare to do that.

These days, it honestly feels like it's fucking 50/50.

It's seriously so bad that it's made me consider relocating to cripplechan. The complete incompetence of the mods here certainly doesn't help matters.
>>
>>400083
Cripplechan is just redditors that didn't like 4chan though.
>>
>>400047
/v/, /r9k/, /lit/ and /b/ are fucking infested as well (although /b/ admittedly doesn't matter that much for obvious reasons). /his/ is practically fucking tumblr at this stage; it doesn't even feel like a 4chan userbase.

I know talking about this seriously is pretty difficult these days - especially since, as this guy has said >>400032 redditors are ironically the ones spamming 'hurr back 2 leddit', but it is a serious fucking problem. 2016 looks set to be the year that may finally kill 4chan.

Guys like this

>>400042

Don't help matters, and need to shut the fuck up immediately, since only a genuine neefag wouldn't notice how different the site is becoming.
>>
>>400085
Thinking 4chans purpose has anything to do with memes at all is how I know you're a redditor
>>
File: image.png (491KB, 803x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
491KB, 803x414px
>>400087
Do you have

PROOF?
>>
>>400085
http://strawpoll.me/6410369/r

Sorry buddy, you're still in the minority.

Reddit is where memes go to die. The memes that you guys make yourselves have the average quality of this shit right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6m-9tjhxy8
>>
>>400099
The most insidious aspect of it all is that I see these kind of posts every single day now.

I don't know why they're so fucking desperate to destroy this site. We even explain to them, cooly and rationally, why they're idiotic pieces of shit, but it's like these people lack all self-awareness or ability for introspection.

I hate redditors so goddamn much.
>>
>>400098
Of course it's not all redditors.
However the userboards are a type of cancer somewhere between generals and subreddits in severity.
Insular, inter-board drama, and so many dead threads.
>>
>>400126
I'm looking at it now and besides the fact it's not as fast as 4chan, the posting quality seems vastly superior. People aren't shitting out the worst possible post in order to be seen.
>>
>>400094
>>400099
Denial ain't just a river in egypt. 4chan and reddit have the same userbase. get the fuck over it already.
>>
>>400149
I wouldn't call someone who merely browses some subreddits a part of reddit's userbase.

People who regularly post on reddit are a special breed all their own.
>>
>>400149
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>399992
>Do migrating redditors actually ruin 4chan

yes
>>
>>400149
>4chan and reddit have the same userbase
Yeah Reddit you keep thinking that. Most of the Redditors on here don't understand 4chan culture or are newfags trying to shitpost for fun
>>
4 months newfag here.
Could someone please sincerely tell me what to do in order for the site to get better ?
I really want to because I think this site is (or at least was) really special, but I never know who to listen to because redditors are ruining it and it's hard to know who is who without prior experience. In other words, lurking is no longer a guaranteed way to get good !
Thanks for your honest answers (I hope).
>>
File: 4LrZEol.jpg (151KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
4LrZEol.jpg
151KB, 640x640px
I only post on my local city's subreddit.

Am I a bad person?
>>
>>400162
Now I know you're probably underage at best based on your typing. However I will agree on one point: Lurking is no longer going to help people get better at posting here. If you're new here and you decide to go and lurk /v/, you will see how horrible it is, specially if you're older. But if you're underage, you will think its super fucking funny and will decide to engage in it because you will think "Well that's what /v/'s all about right?"
>>
>>400000
>>
-The clueless chucklefucks who once made Ebaums World popular? They're the clueless chucklefucks on Reddit today.

-The insecure scene girls who used to make up Gaia? Now they're the insecure 20-somethings on Tumblr today.

-The weird kids going through Something Awful and YTMND? They're the weird adults on 4chan today.

The websites may change, but the demographics that get into these fights stay the same.
>>
>>400083
>>I HATE REDDIT
>im going to move to redditchan
Fucking constructive
>>
>>400232
>-The weird kids going through Something Awful and YTMND? They're the weird adults on 4chan today.
That was probably true 10 years ago.
>>
>>400085
Kill yourself, you retard. Lurk moar
>>
>>400246
You only responded with anger because you know it's true.
>>
>>400250
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>400252
Shitposting is okay as long as you sage.
>>
>>400266
A better example would be /lit/, the original inhabitants have been genocide and replaced by liberal teenagers.
>>
>>399992
Posting this baby in /r/4chan
Thanks for the upvotes ;^)
>>
>>400437
I will be happy to downvote to 0 the moment it goes live.
>>
>>400282
>/r/4chan
That's where I think you want to be
>>
>>400437
;^)
Its important to note that anyone who uses this symbol is from r/4chan. Its their calling card
>>
>>400487
But you just used it, poindexter.
>>
>>400053
/pol/ is a lot different now. I don't know if it's reddit or people leaving after pol harbor, but the tone of the threads and the posters all seem different.
>>
File: 1413473029196.png (432KB, 496x562px) Image search: [Google]
1413473029196.png
432KB, 496x562px
People who cant stop mentioning reddit should be ignored.

There's nothing to gain from arguing with retards like that.
They are on the same level as smug anime shitposters who never have an actual argument.
>>
>>400489
As an example faggot. That way you can now tell who is from r/4chan.
>>
>>400504
Except the Reddit arguments keep going strong because Reddit is part of the problem with this site, even if it is blown out of proportion.

The rage against Reddit has ruined threads on /v/ because people accuse each other of being shitposters from Reddit.
>>
>>400505
You seem to know a bit too much about this.
>>
>>400507
That's exactly what a redditor would say.
>>
>>400480
There you go thinking again, for all the good it does you.
>>
>>400507
Reddit isnt the problem with the site, people who cant stop talking about Reddit are the problem.

Thus they should be ignored.
Lets not forget why people started hating on that site: They stole our memes.
Thats the whole reason why this all started and it spiraled out of control.
It has all been orchestrated by faggots who want to get epic reactions from 4chins and the same is happening with queers who bring tumblr and twitter faggotry here.
They go out of their way to visit these sites, look for shit and then spread it here because people get angry.
>>
>>400522
>Lets not forget why people started hating on that site: They stole our memes.
That's not the reason you fucking retarded piece of shit. Good job outing yourself as a fucking newfag or redditor. No one here fucking liked the site, because everything about it is retarded as hell. Them misusing advice animal, rage comics and shit only aggravated peoples dislike
>>
>>400534
Thats exactly the reason.
Reddit took the rage comics and spergs started spamming 4chan about it 24/7 for months until it became the go to insult and kneejerk response.

The site wasnt liked, but it also wasnt as much of a permanent focus.

You are one of those retards who cant make a post without calling people redditors. You are what makes 4chan so shit currently.
>>
>>399992
Migrating normalfags ruin 4chan, and most of them probably come from Reddit.
>>
>>400018
>But another species of Reddit migrant is people who think 4chan is somewhere you can just be an asshole as much as you want because it's this cool edgy underground "deep web" site where anything goes. Those are perhaps the most obnoxious.

This is the problem for me. And it's not just a reddit migrator. It can be anyone from any other site just acting like an asshole. I'm fine with people being dicks on 4chan as long as you make it funny, which they don't.
>>
Don't link to reddit.
Don't complain about racism, sexism. 4chan culture.
Don't post your shitty memes.
Lurk the fuck more.

Follow these rules and you're golden.
>>
>>399992
From what I saw it's indeed a boogeyman.
i mean we use "tumblr" as an insult towards the retarded SJW, feminazi and that HAES movement.
But in the case of "reddit" it seems like people are using it as an insult you just say at any post you don't like like "cuck" or "faggot"
>>
>>400136
That's 4chan's definition of a circlejerk. "People getting along without me."
>>
>>400514
>>400522
>people who bring up one of the most important things wrong with the site should be ignored

I honestly wouldn't be fucking surprised if you WERE genuine redditors.

Kill yourselves.
>>
>68 posts
>71 reddits
>>
I go to reddit every day.

The fuck you gonna do about it?
>>
>>400698
Ooh, you're so scary. You really think that intimidates anyone? Nobody gives a fuck. Nobody will ever give a fuck about anything you have to say.
>>
It's not a boogeyman. People who say that are either redditors being butthurt at getting called out or an uninformed idiot. Redditor crossposters are the biggest problem modern 4chan faces. They say they use reddit for "serious discussions" and 4chan for harvesting memes/shitposting. /r/4chan has almost one million subscribers. These fucks are ruining the site since 2009.
>>
>>400727
The irony is that reddit contains less 'serious discussion' than even 4chan. These people are fucking imbeciles if they seriously believe that they're the 'intellectual' ones.
>>
>>400543
This a hundred times.
The sekrit club times were better.
>>
>>400728
I think you're comparing /b/ to /r/funny.

Try comparing /sci/ to /r/science and see if that thing you said holds true.
>>
>>400698
Thats the cancer I'm talking about.

Shitposters actually think that calling everything reddit will solve any issues.
>>
File: 1446681169463.png (325KB, 763x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1446681169463.png
325KB, 763x1119px
>mfw moot has been a redditor since 2006

>tfw your home board was made by a redditor
>>
>>400831
It 'solves' the issue by exposing you for what you are, so that you can no longer hide beyond your unbearably smug wall of condescension, such as here:

>>400804

Redditors are essentially feminine; they're incapable of arguing anything directly and will just constantly go for one-up manship instead of trying to discuss anything. Your posts are great examples of this; you claim that pointing out redditors doesn't help, but what exactly is your alternative? You have none, because you're blatantly a redditor yourself. Instead of admitting this, you send passive aggressive insults in a pathetic attempt to self-affirm the argument, and when you get called out on this, all you can is say 'oh stop saying reddit so immature :^)'

Fuck off.
>>
File: shiggus.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggus.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>400840
Yeah what a great solution. Look how great things are now thanks to your internet crusades.

You retards have been making the place worse for over 5 years now with your impotent rage and it changed nothing aside from dragging the quality down further.

Basically cancer and the actual issue.
>>
>>400842
How have we made the board worse?
>>
File: embarassing.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>400844
Not surprising at all that cancer like you lacks all sense of self awareness.

Everything is reddit now. Disagree with me? Go back to reddit. Making OC? Go back to reddit.
You're spreading paranoia which shits up the whole place.

People have been shouting reddit for half a decade now and it fixed nothing. You actually think that there's more of them here than ever so what makes you think that shitting your pants and calling everything reddit is going to change anything?

You are the cancer. And you're not even aware of it.
>>
File: 2005.jpg (11KB, 429x56px) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
11KB, 429x56px
>>400842
>>400847
"Go back to Reddit" isn't a magic phrase, of fucking course it isn't going to solve anything. We need moderation support to solve our problems. "Go back to Reddit" is just a phrase to mock, trigger real Redditors. It's a phrase to find real redditors, and apparently it's working, because literally only Redditards get so butthurt for being called a Redditor. I've been here for about 7/8 years. I see "gb2 reddit" everyday and I never got triggered by this, and I don't understand how a true Anon would get triggered by it, so tell me, faggot, why are you so fucking mad? Of course, it's recently being used by shitposters, but this is the moderation's fault. They need to ban these shitposters.
>>
>>400840
Responding to the second half of your post, would you have preferred if I had just called you names and told you that you were wrong without any supporting evidence or reasoning? Because that's what you do. I didn't say, 'oh stop saying reddit so immature :^)' I said, "Here is something that goes against what you're saying." You're not fooling anybody and the choir you're preaching to is teetering on the fence right now. Tread lightly.
>>
>>400847
ironically the only embarrassing thing here is your total lack of self awareness, your posts practically scream reddit

don't you have some gamergate tweets to make instead of humiliating yourself on 4chan
>>
>>400855
You're fighting lead poisoning by trying to burn it.
>>
>>400855
Nobody is getting triggered.
You actively destroy any sort of discussion by accusing everybody of being from Reddit rather than making a quality post.

You might enjoy the shitposts but that doesnt change that its low level garbage deflection.
Shove your true scottsman up your ass.

Its a fucking plague on this board and it changes nothing but make things worse.
I am very fucking sick of reading about reddit every time I visit this site.
This isnt supposed to be reddit but I'm getting reminded of it every fucking second and who would want that? If I wanted to read about reddit I would go there.

>>400857
Quality post.
>>
>>400857
How are you not seeing that nobody's impressed with you right now? You have multiple people telling you to knock it off because you aren't helping anything, and you're the only person in the thread who is actually supporting your feeble attempts to affect change through shitposting.

Imagine if shitposting to affect change actually worked. Wouldn't that be worse?
>>
>>400861
>Nobody is getting triggered
i thought you redditors are le irony masters but you still cant see the irony in your posts?

please just go back to reddit, its sickening watching you desperately wrestle with this cognitive dissonance

>f I wanted to read about reddit I would go there
if anyone wanted to read your meta shitposting we would go to reddit now fuck off kid
>>
>>400865
At least try.
>>
Reddit - Noun - Somebody who makes me feel bad about myself without actually using any curse words like I'm accustomed to.
>>
File: 1184910387840.gif (92KB, 745x612px) Image search: [Google]
1184910387840.gif
92KB, 745x612px
bring back snacks

/thread
>>
>>400861
>Nobody is getting triggered.
Oh the iron e...

>You actively destroy any sort of discussion by accusing everybody of being from Reddit
These are called "shitposters", they use "go back to reddit" as a downvote and "(You)" as an upvote.

>You might enjoy the shitposts but that doesnt change that its low level garbage deflection.
You didn't read my entire post, didn't you?
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 810x780px
>>400866
>gets btfo
>h-haha i b-beat you!!
those snide dismissals may work on reddit but you will find no upvotes here newshit

>>400863
nah, 2 redditors in this thread being triggered by being called out isnt everybody

in fact, the 1000+ people lurking this thread right now arent angrily replying only the redditors are

another classic reddit tactic of pretending you have the support of everyone when the reality is you are only embarrassing yourself even more
>>
>>400874
>1000+ people lurking this thread.

Do you think you coined the term "Delusions of Grandeur" too?
>>
>>400877
average thread on /a/ gets 10k views, so scale it down by 10 and you have /qa/

down to nitpicking numbers reddit?
>>
>>400872
Another issue with retards like you is that you assume that everybody who argues with you is mad as fuck.

There is no difference between the people you call shitposters and you using go back to reddit to "trigger" redditors.

I read the whole post. There's nothing of worth there outside of baseless accusations and true scottsmen.

4chans obsession with reddit is its biggest issue currently and you are contributing to it.
You said it yourself. Mods should do their job. So why are you spamming this garbage everywhere?
>>
>>400880
Seconded. I'm not mad, I'm just concerned and disappointed.
>>
File: whereAmIRightNow.png (312KB, 393x270px) Image search: [Google]
whereAmIRightNow.png
312KB, 393x270px
>>400874
>Accuses other people of thinking everybody agrees with them.
>Thinks everybody agrees with them.

I guess it takes one to know one.
>>
>>400879
>average thread on /a/ gets 10k views
According to whom?
>>
>>400879
It was the first new point you raised in that post. Everything else in that post had already been said before and therefore didn't need to be responded to again.
>>
File: image.png (331KB, 442x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
331KB, 442x532px
>>400856
>Tread lightly.
>>
>>400882
proof is in the pudding mongoloid, if you're saying that everyone is triggered by the word reddit then why do only 2 redditors reply? each thread is the same 4 people while the vast silent majority just look on in amusement as you humiliate yourselves and misuse the word hypocrisy

>>400885
modpost newfag

>>400888
>nitpicks numbers
>replies saying that it was essential to nitpick numbers because he cannot respond to anything else
jesus christ you redditors are dumb

enough pity replies, just reading through the thread i can see you have been btfo enough this is the nail in the coffin for the "hurr EVERYBODY gets triggered by the word reddit" """argument"""
>>
>>400894
>modpost newfag
I highly doubt that. Proof or gtfo.
>>
File: gb2reddit.png (182KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
gb2reddit.png
182KB, 900x300px
>>400894
>replies saying that it was essential to nitpick numbers because he cannot respond to anything else

That's a funny way of wording, "There was nothing else to reply to because everything else had already been said before and replied to before."

You're saying the same thing over and over as if you're saying something new. You lack wit.
>>
>>400880
>Another issue with retards like you is that you assume that everybody who argues with you is mad as fuck.
I'm pretty sure "YOU ARE THE CANCER AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN AWARE, FUCKING RETARD" is triggered.

>There is no difference between the people you call shitposters and you using go back to reddit to "trigger" redditors.
I'll post two examples of "go back to X":
- "WHAT? YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION? GO BACK TO REDDIT".
- "omg guise look at this funny deez nuts pepe I've drawn, AMA :D" - "Go back to reddit".
If you don't see the difference, you're mentally retarded.

>4chans obsession with reddit is its biggest issue currently and you are contributing to it.
Then convice Hiro to ban Reddit, the obsession will go away, everyone is going to be happy. It's that simple.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 125x125px
I think it's hilariously clear that this 'redditor' is a troll. But even if he isn't, he's doing to more to ruin the site than anyone else ITT

I wish really people like this would be banned, whether they're from 'reddit' or not.
>>
>>400900
>Then convice Hiro to ban Reddit, the obsession will go away, everyone is going to be happy. It's that simple.
It doesn't work that way, as has been proven in the past. Lurk moar.
>>
>>400897
>n-nuh uh!!
look it up yourself newshit

>>400899
another deliciously ironic and substanceless post
>>
>>400905
Say something new and I'll reply to it.
>>
>>400904
Are you a sociopath?

I don't think a 'normal' person would put this much effort into trolling.
>>
>>400903
I think it's hilarious that you're assuming 42/43 posters ITT don't go to reddit on a regular basis.
>>
>>400908
Why?
>>
>>400905
Exactly. You just made those numbers up. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>400904
>It doesn't work that way, as has been proven in the past
"The past" was administered by moot. moot sold 4chan, he is gone, there's no moot anymore, forget him. The new admin is Hiro. He has been doing more things than moot did in the last 4 years.
>>
>>400907
>>400909
Protip: most people on 4chan today visit reddit regularly

I have 3 reddit tabs and 2 4chan tabs open right now for fucks sake. This "Either/Or" mentality must be left over from the era before tabbed browsers.
>>
>>400906
but you didnt

>>400910
>wahh please spoonfeed me im so lazy
i dont really give a fuck what you think if you are too stupid to use the archive tbqh
>>
>>400900
Sounds like you're getting triggered because I called you cancer. Which you are.

And both of your examples are the same garbage. You are just looking for situations where you can invoke the boogeyman.

We also had a wordban on reddit in the past and it didnt help.
Retards like you need to stop using it in every post. Then other idiots wont see it as often anymore and it will die down.
But you dont get it, you prefer to make things worse for everybody instead.
>>
>>400911
Hiro has a reddit account just like moot did.

what's your point?
>>
File: image.png (123KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123KB, 612x563px
>>400913
>criticises previous posters for not providing any evidence for their claims
>proceeds to provide no evidence for his claims

Your mask is slipping.
>>
>>400914
You didn't say anything new.

Say something new.
>>
>>400914
>i dont really give a fuck what you think if you are too stupid to use the archive tbqh
Except it isn't in the archive because you made the numbers up. Source: I just checked.
>>
>>400909
>Why?
Claiming that most 4chan users visit reddit is a hot meme that gets you all the replies.

Its almost as effective as calling everything you dislike reddit.
>>
>>400913
>Protip: most people on 4chan today visit reddit regularly
Source: none.
>>
>>400918
>>400923
Providing evidence is something redditors do. /b/tards don't provide evidence.
>>
>>400911
While Hiros additions to the site have been pretty good so far moderation feels much worse.

I wonder whats up with that.
>>
>>400918
It's going to come as a shocking realization to you when it finally dawns on you that you're talking to more than one person who regularly gets on reddit ITT, and furthermore, you would be more than appalled to discover that the vast majority of the 4chan userbase has posted on reddit within the last week.
>>
>>400924
So in other words, you can't actually provide any?

And what do '/b/tards' have to do with this?
>>
>>400928
What is your preferred pronoun for 4chan users?
>>
>>400916
He doesn't.
>>
>>400915
>Sounds like you're getting triggered because I called you cancer. Which you are.
I don't understand how am I the cancer.

>And both of your examples are the same garbage
Yeah, you're mentally retarded.

>We also had a wordban on reddit in the past and it didnt help.
I'm not talking about banning the reddit word, I'm talking about banning redditors.

>Retards like you need to stop using it in every post
As I said, only shitposters use it as a downvote.

>Then other idiots wont see it as often anymore and it will die down.
Then fucking ban reddit, the obsession will go away. Jesus Christ, are you even reading my posts?
>>
File: fisking.gif (200KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
fisking.gif
200KB, 540x400px
>>400933
Fisking. The last refuge of the logically inept.
>>
>>400934
Why aren't you engaging with him?
>>
>>400933
>I don't understand how am I the cancer.
You must be mentally retarded.

You must also be insane if you think that "banning reddit" would change anything.
How can you tell that people are truly from reddit?
The majority of crossposters will not admit that they are from another site. Chances are that most of the people accusing others for being from reddit are reddit.
You cant remove this and it will only lead to more people accusing others of being reddit to get them banned.

You are perpetuating the shitposting with your faggotry. What makes your usage of "go back to reddit" any less of a downvote?
You are part of the problem.

>>400934
It surprises me that people are getting aware of this posting style lately.
Only took years on 4chins.
Didnt know that it had an actual definition though. Its really fucking annoying arguing with people like that.
>>
>>400936
The only thing worse than somebody I disagree with fisking is somebody I agree with fisking. All fiskers on 4chan need to fucking stop.
>>
In other news, someone is still using 4chan images on /r/4chan and imgur to turn 8gag users machines into a botnet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/3lw2g6/imgur_is_being_used_to_create_a_botnet_and_ddos/cv9tzzm

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/someone-was-abusing-an-imgur-bug-to-target-8 (C * H * A * N ) -users
>>
>>400936
Maybe because he knows that arguing like that is garbage and he'd prefer it if people didnt do that.

But then again its people thinking that telling others to go back to reddit is a valid argument so why bother responding at all?
>>
>>400941
thats what they get for letting their shit bloat up like that.
>>
File: image.gif (491KB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
491KB, 480x198px
>>399992
It's borderline impossible to discuss this issue seriously anymore anyway, seeing as, like it or not (I certainly fucking don't), a lot of redditors use this site now; just look at the size of /r/4chan. If you have a foreign userbase this large, of course it's going to be difficult to discuss the issue without them taking offense. Just look at this thread; there's one camp of people pointing out why redditors are cancer, and another half of literal redditors saying 'Well, I think you're wrong' and also blatantly trolling anyone getting angry at them.

There's just too many of these bastards now. Every time we attempt this conversation, they ruin it as quickly as possible with memes and ad hominems so nothing can be discussed. A lot of the people who actually spout 'go to reddit' are redditors themselves, false flagging for the sake of making anyone who criticises that shithole look like an idiot. They did exactly the same thing to /tv/. They're attempting the same thing on /v/, and have also been largely successful there. Other boards are just so different from what 4chan used to be that redditors don't even get called out anymore.

This could have all been avoided EASILY if the mods weren't so fucking incompetent. But, because moot himself was so reluctant to do his job, the mods have adapted the same mentality.

It's a miracle this site hasn't imploded yet.
>>
>>400934
This must be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Greentext was made to quote, not to meme like a shitposter.
>>
>>400952
>It's a miracle this site hasn't imploded yet.

Maybe, just maybe, redditors never were, never will be, and never have been a problem, and it was just the reaction to the redditors that was the problem.

Maybe Gaia never fucking raided 4chan.
>>
I just don't understand why they didn't make r/4chan an 18+ sub. The entire site is 18+ so r/4chan should be too.
>>
>>400953
>This must be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.
You must have been frozen in a block of ice if this is the dumbest thing you've seen in a while.
>Greentext was made to quote, not to meme like a shitposter.
https://www.4chan.org/rules The only mention of greentexting anywhere on this page is in reference to greentext stories on /r9k/, so if what you say ever was true, it isn't anymore. Greentexting is for memes. It's even enforced in the 4chan rules.
>>
>>400941
that was fixed 3 months ago.
>>
>>400954
How can anyone who

A. Isn't a redditor

Or

B. Not a troll

Seriously believe this?

Take a look at /tv/ or /v/.

Shitposting has always been bad there, yes, but you wouldn't see the utter contempt for not only those boards, but the entire site, that these people have nowadays.

A lot of them even admit to being redditors when they're called out, and proceed to shitpost even more.

Look at how many of these threads end up on /r/4chan as well. Only an utter fucking imbecile would believe that this is a coincidence.
>>
>>400961
sure it was.

>Hiroyuki Nishimura, the new owner of 4chan, told Motherboard that “as far as I know, there's no affect on 4chan.”
>>
>>400938
>You must also be insane if you think that "banning reddit" would change anything.
You weren't here before 2010, were you?

>How can you tell that people are truly from reddit?
Let me rephrase it, "ban cancer in general". You can catch some cancer via HTTP Referrers and evercookie ban them.

>The majority of crossposters will not admit that they are from another site
https://4ch.be/qa/thread/388547
https://4ch.be/v/thread/314939969

>What makes your usage of "go back to reddit" any less of a downvote?
The fact that all those cancerous memes are from Reddit?

Also, why are you against banning reddit? We have nothing to lose by banning them.

>>400957
https://www.4chan.org/faq#quote
>>
>>400963
>A lot of them even admit to being redditors when they're called out
Falling for ebin false flags.

Most of 4chans problem children are fucked up older users.
Faggots like Ruggarrell have been around since before 2009.
>>
>>400966
>https://www.4chan.org/faq#quote

Ah, so it is. I guess it's for both then.
>>
>>400963
Survivorship bias. There are plenty of shitpost threads that don't end up on reddit. Most of them.

https://www.4chan.org/bans What percentage of these threads do you think will end up on reddit?
>>
>>400969
This thread is more likely to end up on reddit than any of those.
>>
>>400967
I like how you didn't bother to address the rest of the post.

Anyway, while it's true that SOME of these posts will be false flags, that in no way implies that ALL of them are. Given that, as we've already established, many redditors use 4chan and aren't afraid to admit this, it seems likely that the majority of people claiming to be redditors are probably being truthful.
>>
>>400971
Do you think people are entitled to respond to every aspect of your post and not just the wrong part? If so, I would recommend you go to a moderated forum with rules that try to facilitate balanced discussion. Oh wait, you hate those places. Deal with it, crybaby.
>>
File: digg-12.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
digg-12.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
HEY GUISE, REMEMBER ME!?!?!11
>>
>>400971
If you can't assume they're false flags and you can't assume they're not false flags, then you should either not reply to people or pick a side. "Do I want to be paranoid or gullible?" You chose gullible. That's valid. Be humble about it though. You're not better than the people who chose to be paranoid.
>>
>>400966
>You weren't here before 2010, were you?
I was. Try to make a point next time.

>Let me rephrase it, "ban cancer in general".
Yeah good luck determining who is from the place.
You are linking to two shitty examples which might even be shitty falseflags. You must be fucking retarded if you think that everybody who browses the site openly admits it.

I am not against banning reddit, I just think that its not possible. Sure, you could ban the ones who openly admit to visiting the place, even if they are just shitposting falseflaggers (and you actually should), but you will never catch all of them. Not even most of them.
And it definitely wont stop people from calling everybody reddit all the time anyways.
>>
>>399992
They don't contribute much but hardly ruin it.
>>
>>400971
Why should I respond to every part of your shitty post?

People are claiming they are from reddit because it gets retards like you worked up.
Its really fucking easy bait, just like claiming that most people on 4chan visit reddit which some fag tried in this thread.
>>
>>400977
Yeah, of course we aren't going to catch all of them, it's impossible.
>>
File: image.png (18KB, 780x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18KB, 780x620px
>>400980
>Why should I bother reading my opponent's posts?

You're too fucking lazy to read a paragraph of text, but you'll go through the effort of replying to me for your little ego boost?

This is pathetic. Fine, I'll just ignore you then, since you've established that you're incapable of arguing your point.
>>
>>400966
>You
We're not talking about me. We're talking about you.
>weren't here
If I wasn't here then where else would I be? You are failing to follow through with your logical statements.
>before 2010
Prove to me that time existed before right this instant. You can't. Your memories are unfalsifiable so they can't be used as evidence.
>were you?
Why are you asking me? You're not asserting any points. The Socratic method is for redditors you reddit scum.
>Let me
Getting mighty chummy there for somebody who is accusing people of being a newfag. Fuck you.
>rephrase it,
You can word things however the fuck you want. They'll mean the same thing. We disagree with what you mean, not your word choice, idiot.
>"ban cancer in general".
Why the fuck would you put the period outside of the quotation marks? Furthermore, why do you think a comma follows the "it," earlier in your post?
>You can
You MAY.
>some cancer via HTTP Referrers and evercookie ban them.
You're a fucking idiot. Did you just step out of CS102 and think you know shit about computers? You're literally advocating that 4chan use the same tactics that the NSA uses to track Tor users. What the FUCK?
>The fact
Your opinion, you mean.
>that all those cancerous memes are from Reddit?
Fucking prove it. Reddit has never invented anything in their life. Everything comes from 4chan and is stolen by reddit, then buzzfeed, then 9gag.
>Also, why are you against banning reddit? We have nothing to lose by banning them.
I agree, as we'd lose you.
>>
>>400974
Dude we know you're a troll, you may as well admit it now.
>>
>>400986
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>400985
Why are you trying to dominate the conversation with stale insults instead of refuting his points?
>>
File: 1432607739068.jpg (127KB, 975x971px) Image search: [Google]
1432607739068.jpg
127KB, 975x971px
>>400984
I argued my point but you got hung up on me not specifically replying to all the nonsense you wrote down.

And now you're posting shitty frogs because its clear that you never wanted to respond properly to begin with.
>>
>>400989
Why is it nonsense?
>>
>>400985
I know most of this post is a shitpost, but you've made a good point:
>You're literally advocating that 4chan use the same tactics that the NSA uses to track Tor users
Well, cookie bans are not working, IP bans are also not working, so if you have a better ban ideia that fucking works, tell us, don't be shy. Evercookie bans are not impossible to evade, they are just extremely hard to evade.
>>
>>400990
I thought you wanted to ignore me.
>>
>>400990
>Now, this is a story all about how
Your personal anecdotes are worthless. Cite some sources.
>My life got flipped-turned upside down
Go back to black people meet with your african american vernacular english colloquialisms.
>And I'd like to take a minute
You aren't entitled to my time. Time is the only nonrenewable resource.
>Just sit right there
And let you preach at me? Please. Go back to reddit.
>I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air
Bel Air does not have a monarchy. You're not the prince of anything. You also can't BECOME the prince of anything. You have to be born into royalty or conquer it. Last I checked, a neighborhood in California isn't a country or citystate for you to conquer and if it were, you'd be the King of Bel Air not the Prince.
>>
Providing people with evidence that goes against their preconceived notions usually makes them believe their preconceived notions even harder.

http://bigthink.com/think-tank/the-backfire-effect-why-facts-dont-win-arguments

Feel free not to believe me. I know you won't. I provided a source.
>>
File: 1367981633125.jpg (14KB, 251x244px) Image search: [Google]
1367981633125.jpg
14KB, 251x244px
I like where this thread is going
>>
>>400997
If people refuse to accept evidence then you should simply stop talking to them.
People being stupid about it doesnt mean that you should stop providing evidence.
>>
>>399992
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>401005
I invite you to watch or read any one of these links.

I know you won't because when presented with evidenced that goes against your own preconceived notion, you'll just buckle down and ignore it and believe your own belief harder, but I hope somebody OTHER THAN you might read my post and adopt a more correct early worldview.

http://www.instituteforpr.org/part-two-backfire-effect-change-minds/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0QLjA1GSVI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe5pv4khM-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSmAtPax18A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pn52_RgFCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtOSq0DY6Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPBbWa0dZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtSk03efSqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUOPt1LWBnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zqBPuPx8w
http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/06/10/the-backfire-effect/
http://skepdic.com/backfireeffect.html
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/07/11/how_facts_backfire/?page=full
>>
>>401011
It doesnt matter if they dont convince people.
Your goal shouldnt be to convince people no matter what, it should be presenting a proper argument, and if they refuse to acknowledge it then too bad.

Cant help it if people are being irrational.
Like I took a look at one of your videos and it showed ISIS having dangerous ideas and then wants you to make people explain their way of thinking to make them realize they are wrong.
You think thats gonna work against extremely indoctrinated people?
There's interviews with extremists and they will lay out everything perfectly and they wont get hung up on anything ever.

Only thing I can agree on in that video is that you should agree to disagree if you feel that you cant get anywhere. People are often too thick and stubborn.

There's plenty of people who will accept evidence anyways.
>>
>>401017
You're doing the opposite of convincing people. You're making them believe their wrong opinions harder.

You WANT people to believe their wrong opinions even harder? No? Then abandon this notion that you need say something just because you see somebody disagreeing with you. You are making. things. worse.
>>
>>401017
I understand that you just saw proof that your worldview is wrong and have buckled down and believed your wrong worldview even harder. That's okay. You're a human being. This is what human beings do. Thank you for serving as an example to help prove the point even better.

Also, you're right It's pretty ridiculous that they used ISIS as an example. ISIS is like the new Hitler so they just Godwinned themselves. Honestly, I didn't watch all of those videos before posting them. I just grabbed a whole bunch.
>>
>>401017
>Like I took a look at one of your videos and it showed ISIS having dangerous ideas and then wants you to make people explain their way of thinking to make them realize they are wrong.
>You think thats gonna work against extremely indoctrinated people?

I don't think that'll work against ISIS, no. I also don't believe anything else will.
>>
>>401019
m8 you just admitted that the video I picked is using flawed examples and then you go on about me being contrarian because I was shown evidence.
I could check out another video now but its kinda besides the point Im trying to make here.

I'm not actually arguing the topic in the video as I simply believe that people who refuse evidence dont deserve much attention.

I do question some things though. I do believe that many people go into this mental blockade, but there's also definitely people who will accept evidence.
So whats the deal with them? And is the alternative approach always guaranteed to convince those who would block it out otherwise?
I believe that people sometimes make up their mind and nothing will change it no matter what.
But I also believe that you cant properly argue evidence as long as its proper evidence.

>>401022
They really picked a stupid example there.
>>
>>401026
I agreed with you too early. I watched the video you had a fault with now and the statement about ISIS was part of a big long list of things. "Climate deniers, Vaccine's cause autism, ISIS," and then the method of debate about "Get people to defend their point" used the Climate Deniers, not ISIS. Your point was invalid. Sorry for knee-jerk being agreeable.
>>
>>401026
>them

You mean everybody, right? That's part of human nature. Another aspect of human nature is believing that because you are the one doing something that that something is a good thing to do.
>>
>>401030
If it only applies to a certain bunch of people but not others I dont see how its valid to begin with.
No doubt that some climate change deniers are just as set in their belief as ISIS followers are in theirs.

I read another article from that list right now
http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/06/10/the-backfire-effect/
This one, and I do agree with what it says about selective skepticism.
But it also doesnt come up with solutions or alternatives that help break it up.
It just defines human nature and I agree with it anyways.

>>401034
With "them" I specifically meant the people who accept evidence when its presented even though they disagreed originally.
Looks like the backfire effect doesnt kick in all the time.

I guess it depends on how attached people are to their beliefs.
>>
>>400993
Can't answer?

I'm not surprised.
>>
Redditors ITT need to kill themselves

You know I'm right
>>
>>400930
>>400924

No wonder why you admitted to being a redditor, you can't even hide that fact. /b/ is reddit the board, no serious users of 4chan goes to /b/.
>>
>>401053
That would kill over 45 people
>>
>>401056
Including you
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 279x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 279x304px
>same 5 redditors making these threads being mad about being called redditors
>literally everyone else doesnt give a fuck

Just get some tripcodes so we can filter you. No one gives a shit that you are triggered by being told to go back to reddit. Maybe you shouldn't post like a redditor and bring reddit culture here if you don't wanna be called names.
>>
>>401060
Of course only you and a select few others from your superior home board (the topic of which was the point of the site back in 2005) have the oldfag bonafides to serve in the capacity of The Official Judge of Who is a Redditor and which newfags make the cut.
>>
>>399992

Go back to

>>>/myspace/
>>>/livejournal/
>>>/gaia/
>>>/7/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/baddragon/
>>>/reddit/
>>
Reddit for serious discussion. 4chan for shitposting.

Adapt or be butthurt forever.
>>
>>401077
subtle bait, the redditors will love this one my fellow redditor

to the front page!
>>
>>401079
Good, you're learning.
>>
>>401072
>>>>/7/
I remember when 7chan was wordfiltered. Ahh those halcyon chan war days. Haven't thought about that in a long time.
>>
>>401090
>haha look at me guise i came here when the other newfags did lol im so old xd
fuck off back to reddit please if you werent around for the split itself just stfu about 7chan you insipid redditor
>>
>>401095
What's a reddit?
>>
File: 5688-407713517.jpg (14KB, 318x401px) Image search: [Google]
5688-407713517.jpg
14KB, 318x401px
>>401095
Reddit this, reddit that. What are you guys Reddit Villagers from Reddit Village?
>>
>>399992
I might be late to the thread, but here's my 2 cents:

Reddit doesn't just destroy 4chan, it destroys any last bit OC and entertainment you can find on the Internet nowadays. The did it with Rage Comics, they did it with "Arrow to the Knee", and now they're finishing up with Pepe. Any last bit of new material that is posted on Reddit will be beaten down until it's beating the bloody pool of what used to be a dead horse.

So to answer your question OP: yes, Redditors ruins 4chan. They are what attract edgy normal-fags here to post stupid shit while most of us just want to discuss shit we like. As many anons have said, /tv/ is long gone and is completely infested with Redditors to the point it is practically impossible to have a conversation there. Why type out a thought out post, challenge certain views, and so on, when you can just type "cuck" or "Mary Sue"?

But I think the worst thing they have done to this website is that they were 1 of the main, if not the main, reason why we have lost the way of LULZ. LULZ comes in many forms from politics to religion to comics to cats to porn to race to tv to vidya to whatever... But as Reddit invaded, we know have circlejerk mentalities popping up all over the place. This Red Pill shit in particular is something that undeniably started on Reddit, but has since come over with them. How many threads have you seen on other boards where some sperg starts shouting out /pol/-tard shit? You can blame that on Reddit for trying to make shit here more serious rather than just having fun.

Cancers come and cancers go, but I honestly believe that as long as someone is willing to make something new just because they enjoy it, Reddit will be their to feed off of them and create more and more cancer
>>
>telling someone to go back to reddit destroys discussion and kills threads
Fucking what? What is this fucking thread? How retarded can someone be?

Telling someone to gb2reddit or calling them reddit doesn't fucking kill anything. It's a redirect and can be a insult. Next you are telling me calling someone gaia, faggot, nigger, >>>/out/ or the like is a big cause to thread derailment and shitposting on the site. But you can't, because that's straight up not fucking true. Calling someone reddit and redirecting them to reddit is fucking meaningless and the only people who get upset about it are fucking reddit itself. Being called reddit doesn't even cause fucking drama, the only places it would is reddit infected places like /pol/ /v/ /r9k/ and /tv/, no one else gives a fuck. Fucking leave /qa/ sometimes. Reddit is straight up a problem on the site, that one is obvious, but people calling others reddit and redirecting to reddit fucking isn't. Stupid retard
>>
Migrators in general, yes, but I think they mostly come from places where 4chan content is likely to be shared, typically on Reddit.
>>
>>401412
>Calling someone reddit and redirecting them to reddit is fucking meaningless
When "go back to Reddit" doesn't mean anything anymore (and it doesn't, thanks to everybody saying it to everyone every day for four years) it means that there's simply no way to shit on an actual Redditor without him deciding that you're some sort of shitposting retard who needs to be ignored.
>>
>>401077
>there are people that seriously believe this
>>
>>401083
Why are you so insistent on causing destruction to this site?
>>
200+ posts
why, /qa/?
Do you not see the 20 other reddit threads? Why did we need another?
>>
>>399992
At this point it's mostly just a generic insult used by newfags who don't know any other memes.

However, yes they do ruin 4chan. The /r/4chan sub just tells people that 4chan is a place full of nothing but trolls and assholes, and that everybody who comes here should be a troll and an asshole at all times. The mods there spoiled Fallout 4 and then Force Awakens on their sub, because being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole is what 4chan's all about according to reddit.

Then a bunch of people who have no experience with 4chan and have never been here before see all of that, come to 4chan, and act like assholes on every sub and keep reusing the same memes they've seen on /r/4chan because that's what they think this site is

>>399999
checked.
Where's >>400000
>>
>>400232
I don't know. 4Chan has a shit ton of kids nowadays. Especially on /b/, it's full of edgy 12 year olds.
>>
>>400728
Not really. There are a lot of smaller subreddits good for discussion.
>>
>>400952
have u seen the comments on /r/4chan. a bunch of assholes who talk in "4chan speak" and makes fun of reddit while on reddit.. lmao
>>
>>401560
You don't understand, /qa/ is a post-irony board now.
>>
>>401699
>nowadays
>>
test
>>
>>401699
Not new.
>>
>>399992
They ruin it.
>>
>>401706
>>
>>401872
4chan has always been full of edgy teenagers, anon.

Nothing changed.
>>
>>401017
>Your goal shouldnt be to convince people no matter what, it should be presenting a proper argument, and if they refuse to acknowledge it then too bad.
This is a point of view I also ascribe to however it seems very few people see discussion and debate as an opportunity for exercising reasoning and intellectual honesty. The bulk of people seem to only really care about asserting their world view without regarding whether or not their approach is sound or valid, nor do they appear to care about assessing their own beliefs. It is like most people take to discussing conflicting ideas as some sort of political dog and pony show.

Many people are never going to care about being reasonable and at the end of the day all you can do is present your ideas in the most intellectually honest way possible. At least that way both yourself and others have an equal opportunity for analysis and potentially discovering new insights into the overall thought process.

>>401018
>You're doing the opposite of convincing people. You're making them believe their wrong opinions harder.
No, they themselves are. People are responsible for their world view.
>You WANT people to believe their wrong opinions even harder? No? Then abandon this notion that you need say something just because you see somebody disagreeing with you. You are making. things. worse.
People are capable of forming their own beliefs and assessing them. If anon can do it so can they; stop trying to remove the point of responsibility away from the individual. Not only is it a bullshit double standard but it is also incredibly condescending. These aren't children we are talking about. They have minds of their own.
>>
>>401283
>Reddit doesn't just destroy 4chan, it destroys any last bit OC and entertainment you can find on the Internet nowadays.
Bullshit, and you're part of the problem.
Do you know where this original content came from? People having fun in the moment.
It was never meant to be archived and appreciated for years after posting.
If people are incapable of generating new and interesting content it isn't the fault of other people, it is the fault of their lack of creativity.

Reddit didn't kill 4chan, it was the autistic manchildren who came flooding in during 2007 and 2008 who showed up, took over, and had completely no comprehension of how organic, creative discussion happened. That's why they instead keep recycling the same things dug up from people before them to the point that it made it around the Internet. If it wasn't for these snowflake manchildren with a complete lack of creative drive, places like Reddit wouldn't have known about these things because they would have passed on or remained as an inside joke used in very specific contexts.

You are part of the problem: a braindead snowflake manchild incapable of generating naturally interesting discussion when talking about something you enjoy with other like minded people. That's why you're so pissy about other people reusing the things you yourself NEED to reuse in order to interact. This isn't an issue for those of us who are capable of expressing ourselves as human beings. Fucking autistic genetic trash.
>>
>>401883
>stop trying to remove the point of responsibility away from the individual.

The way you've worded your post >implies that one's saying something has zero affect on the people who are listening to it, and that simply isn't true. In giving responsibility to the person listening, you've completely removed responsibility from the person speaking. It's give and take, but YOU can control what YOU say. I'm advocating that you speak effectively and with purpose and understand what your actions do. You are advocating that your actions don't do anything because it is up to the receiver of the action to decide what happens. Why do ANYTHING then? You really turned the defeatist futility up to eleven with your post, Anon.
>>
>>401894
Stop it. You're just making him believe his wrong belief harder.
>>
This board is shit and this thread is the epitome of that.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.