[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writefags Unite! /fic/ for 2016!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

Hey, hey, Hiro, how's your New Year's going? Good? Good.

Want to know why my New Year isn't good? There is no /fic/ board.

Where is /fic/, Hiro?
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
>>399843
That's a literature board, faggot.

Why does drawfags have /ic/ and writefags have no board? /fic/ should be created too.
>>
>>399843
We've been calling for a /fic/ board for the longest time now. Hiro promised he's make one but he never did.
>>
Facfictions are cancer and most of them are made for underage, I don't want that shit here
>>
>>399912
Too bad you're in the minority and always will be. Fanfic threads should have its own board.
>>
I think there should be.
I wouldn't mind it.
>>
>>399912
It doesn't have to be solely fanfic, hence why it'll be called /fic/ and Hiro said last year on the 7th of November that he'll create it and never did. He made a thread on /lit/ discussing the possibility.
>>
>>399909
Writing and drawing aren't equal art forms. Everyone writes because we write to communicate. Drawing is peculiar and requires more exercise in order to even be passably decent at. Should we have a 4chan board about scratching our ass, too?
>>
>>399919
>you're in the minority
[citation needed]
>>
>>400020
Not everyone can write well
>>
>>399910
>Hiro promised

>>399928
>I think there should be.

>>400017
>It doesn't have to be solely fanfic

>>399912
>Facfictions are cancer and most of them are made for underage, I don't want that shit here

>>>/lit/
>>>/deviantart/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>400035
Again with Reddit. Sorry can't take you seriously
>>
It would be nice for original short stories
>>
I wonder how many trip-users it would spawn.
>>
>>400020
>Should we have a 4chan board about scratching our ass, too?
Considering that the average anon are assholes themselves, a scratch board is needless.
>>
>>400035
Fuck off Reddit. Nobody here is going to migrate there.
>>
What's next?
/phil/?
>>
>>400096
You can go make a board for that on Reddit can't you? Why don't you go there?

Seriously anyone against new boards or changes to current boards ARE either Redditors or underage shitposters who hate change because they think it'll ruin their fun and they can't do the things they used to do.

They hate change, they despise it. Hence why as of late many shitposters have been coming here trying to derail and ruin serious threads
>>
File: 1444457915244.gif (1022KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444457915244.gif
1022KB, 500x281px
>>399826

In all reality I think it'll be better if we created a board for community creations, let it be for drawing, writing, music, and all that other shit.

It can also be used to house the 4chin cup/ winter ball threads

Also, much bigger projects like /board/ sings, /board/ makes and album, /board/ animates and other stuff could be housed here as well.

That way, they don't have to crowd up, shill and bother the other boards. And the people who want to participate in those things can do so without their threads being pruned.

Hiro can dissolve /i/ into it if he thinks it's best.
>>
>we need ur own board!
/b/ exist for a reason you know, retards
>>
>>400107
>Seriously anyone against new boards or changes to current boards ARE either Redditors or underage shitposters who hate change because they think it'll ruin their fun
>implying
The older users are the ones against stupid change and the redditors and shitposters are the ones who want change. Adding new boards isn't 'fun', even more so when we don't need them, it'd bring more users to the site and bring more shitposting, We don't need more new boards, we need to fucking revert. Fuck, the site would be better if we could remove boards
>>
>>400254
What? How does /b/ fit into /fic/? Funnel off the drugs.
>>
>>400257
>Adding new boards isn't 'fun', even more so when we don't need them, it'd bring more users to the site and bring more shitposting, We don't need more new boards, we need to fucking revert.
I'd agree. Yet, Hiro either was drunk or sober and forgot when he said he'll create /fic/, he took a ton of anon suggestions on /lit/ said he'll make it and never made it.
>>
>>400257
I'm pretty sure most people, even old fags, want things to change because they got fed up with how moot was doing things. They want new boards, they want better moderation.

I agree in removing certain boards. /po/, /i/, /ic/, /wg/, and /gif/ are all pretty much dead and/or serve no purpose anymore. /gif/ is better off becoming /webm/
>>
>>400257
>it'd bring more users to the site and bring more shitposting
I don't think that's the case, with /fic/ I think the writefags who are on 4chan would simply migrate to /fic/. Like how those who were on /h/ migratted to /aco/.

As for as newfags goes, anons are damn near good at driving them away, although that entirely depend on the board: /a/ have autismal rage fits, /co/ is modest, /tv/ is aggressive.
>>
>>400526
Everyone wants change and to improve things. But new boards isn't one of them. We don't need anymore and any new board should be only added if its fits criteria. Aka, is it Japanese centric, niche hobby, or a nerdy geeky one and is it a singular topic or is it broad? We don't need any more normalfag boards

I'm not against a writefag board completely, but we don't need a fucking fanfic board. If there is going to be a writing board, it's going to be a write board, not a fucking 12 year olds homo furry fetish fanfic shit
>>
>>400542
What's wrong with having both?
>>
>>400629
Because you can make a fucking write board instead and it'll have that too. Don't make garbage board with a incredibly thin topic. Even more so since that topic won't create anything of quality. Don't try pretending otherwise as well. A fanfic board would be raided by people who do nothing but 12 year old furry sonic fanfic tier shit. At the very least, a write board would have a higher change of being more than just low quality garabge fetish material and might be able to create actual good things on a regular basis
>>
>>400632
how about what this guy said then, >>400131, basically an 'OC' board?
>>
>>400635
Yea, that already exist. It's called /b/
>>
File: 1334780567066.jpg (62KB, 606x424px) Image search: [Google]
1334780567066.jpg
62KB, 606x424px
Seems to me, the people who actually create things that a memorable, will just post it in whatever board it's relevant to.

Furfaggy losers, however, want to make a big song and dance about their creativity, but are actually terribly unoriginal and can't take any criticism.
A board like this would just be a haven for narcissistic furfags who want to congratulate themselves endlessly on their own creativity, while producing nothing.

See also: /mlp/.
>>
>>400638
>Seems to me, the people who actually create things that a memorable, will just post it in whatever board it's relevant to.

That's what would happen in an ideal world. What happens in reality is oc getting shitted upon wherever it gets posted, with or without reason or rhyme.

>>400637
Shiposting isn't content, retard.
>>
>>400641
>What happens in reality is oc getting shitted upon wherever it gets posted, with or without reason or rhyme.

If it's any good, people will like it

No memorable shit comes out of "OC" threads. It's pure vanity.
>>
>>400641
>Shiposting isn't content, retard.
You seem to have missed the point of /b/, you fucking retard. It's a random board. A OC board is just /b/, except, without pron being allowed most likely. A oc board is stupid anyway, because it will be dead as hell and filled with idiots. The website has never needed an entire dedicated board to create OC and it has always come out naturally. A oc board is artificially trying to create it instead of allowing it to come naturally. If you want more OC made, you need to clean up the shitposting userbase
>>
>>400644
>you need to clean up the shitposting userbase

Good luck with that.
>>
>>400712
>remove native extension
>return 4chan to its former old format
>hide the catalog into hell, remove it or require a 3rd party extension to use it
>globally allow loli posting
>have hiro announce anime posting is globally allowed
>nazi mod /v/ /pol/ /r9k/
>ban generals

You are pretty much half way there at this point
>>
>>400716
I agree with most of what you said, but realistically, what's the chance of any of it happening?
>>
>>400723
Hiro is too newfag and people keep trying to get him to do things, so nothing good is going to happen
>>
>>400723
None whatsoever. All these "measures" would only reduce traffic; and that's the last thing wanted.

Traffic = money, it's simple as that.
>>
>>401518
And the last thing the person who had to borrow money just to buy the site wants is less money.
>>
>>400542
>If there is going to be a writing board, it's going to be a write board
That was one of the suggestions for when Hiro visited /lit/. That main concern was how would it be classified as i.e., /wrt/, /write/, et cetera.
>>
I wrote a poem about /fic/. It's called "Pedicatus sum"

O what shit is now present
This that is brought on my tired eye
Wherefore bringst me this, thou?
Latine : Autismus Maximus

That which is writ
Hath nought but cunt
that cometh straight from
the bum of thy mum
which hath been mixed
with the seed impote
that floweth so strong
from the scrote elote
of twenty bull black
that hath in their sack
nought but juices.

So please tell me, in honest terms
The whys, wherefores, and all that comes
To let their 'tism run amok?
To let their shit be heard by all?
Do we not have now the facilities
with which all can be fucked and fuck?
O 4chan, wherefore wherefore
need we another outlet that shall be shite?
>>
>>400638
>Seems to me, the people who actually create things that a memorable, will just post it in whatever board it's relevant to.
It's a shame posting writefag threads are banned in /d/ or I'd post stuff there. Is /fic/ intended to be a blue board?
>>
>>401518
>Traffic = money
In 4chans case, that wouldn't apply. Most users run adblockers, even mobile users. A good majority of the ad profit would be coming from people willingly disabling their blockers for 4chans funny troll ads. Hiro would make more money if he pleased the original 4chan audience and the anime/manga crowd, cause most of them would disable their adblockers here
>>
>>401952
Text is SFW. And even then, you can always use google docs/pastebucket/pastebin/...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.