[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cpsht/-capeshit and star wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (543KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
543KB, 1280x1600px
82/148 - star wars (/tv/) (not counting the pedo threads and non-SW shitposts)
the rest usually die with 10 posts or less.

Usually more pronounced on /co/ during release of a comic book movie because /tv/ comes in. This will destroy these boards.

Take a look at the future release schedule, 2016-2020:
35 capeshit films
29 new capeshit shows
5 (minimum possible number, rumored) Star Wars films.
Also, not counting the various tie-in comics, merchandise, and other things which tie in users from /toy/, /co/, /a/ and /tv/.

Before these movies are released there are three trailers on average for each film, and the subsequent movie bitching threads and then comparison threads. These fill up /tv/ and /co/, and /cpsht/ will be ESSENTIAL if board quality is to be maintained.

/cpsht/ rules:
Allow ONLY capeshit (comics and movies) and sci-fi video media
BAN discussion of capeshit comics and movies from /tv/ and /co/

pic related is missing some movies and tv shows.
>>
Capeshit movies

Release Date (USA) Title Studio
Feb 12, 2016 Deadpool Fox
Mar 25, 2016 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice DC
May 6, 2016 Captain America: Civil War Marvel
June 3, 2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Paramount
May 27, 2016 X-Men: Apocalypse Fox
Aug 5, 2016 Suicide Squad DC
Nov 4, 2016 Doctor Strange Marvel
TBA, 2016 Gambit Fox
Mar 3, 2017 Wolverine 3 Fox
May 5, 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Marvel
Jun 23, 2017 Wonder Woman DC
Jul 14, 2017 The Fantastic Four 2 Fox
Jul 28, 2017 Untitled Spider-Man Film Sony/Marvel
Nov 3, 2017 Thor: Ragnarok Marvel
Nov 17, 2017 Justice League: Part 1 DC
TBA, 2017 LEGO Batman WB
Feb 16, 2018 Black Panther Marvel
Mar 23, 2018 The Flash DC
May 4, 2018 Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 Marvel
July 6, 2018 Ant-Man & the Wasp Marvel
Jul 13, 2018 Untitled X-Men Movie Fox
Jul 27, 2018 Aquaman DC
Mar 8, 2019 Captain Marvel Marvel
Apr 5, 2019 Shazam DC
May 3, 2019 Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 Marvel
Jun 14, 2019 Justice League: Part 2 DC
Jul 12, 2019 Inhumans Marvel
Apr 3, 2020 Cyborg DC
Jul 19, 2020 Green Lantern DC
TBA Sandman DC
TBA Justice League Dark DC
TBA X-Force Fox
TBA Female Lead Spider-Man Spin-off Sony
TBA Superman Movie DC
TBA Batman Movie DC
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1280x1892px
Capeshit tv shows

TV - Currently Airing

Airtime (USA) Title Season Channel
Streaming Jessica Jones 1 Netflix
Streaming Daredevil 1 Netflix
Streaming Vixen 1 CW Seed
Mondays at 8/7c Gotham 2 Fox
Mondays at 8/7c Supergirl 1 CBS
Tuesdays at 8/7c The Flash 2 CW
Tuesdays at 9/8c Agents of SHIELD 3 ABC
Tuesdays at 9/8c iZombie 2 CW
Wednesdays at 8/7c Arrow 4 CW
Sundays at 9/8c The Walking Dead 6 AMC
TV - Upcoming

Premiere Date (USA) Title Season Channel
2015 Preacher 1 AMC
Jan 5, 2016 Agent Carter 2 ABC
Jan 21, 2016 Legends of Tomorrow 1 CW
2016 Daredevil 2 Netflix
2016 Preacher 1 AMC
TBA Iron Fist 1 Netflix
TBA Luke Cage 1 Netflix
TBA The Defenders 1 Netflix
TBA Powers 2 PSN
TBA Static Shock 1 WB
TBA Scalped 1 WGN
TBA Lucifer 1 FOX
TBA Global Frequency 1 FOX
TBA Teen Titans 1 TNT
TBA Hourman 1 CW
TBA Ronan 1 Syfy
TBA DMZ 1 Syfy
TBA Krypton 1 Syfy
TBA Vixen
>>
A. It'd be /vp/ all over again.
B. Wouldn't it basically be recreating /co/?
C. Creating new board is NEVER the answer, newfag. New boards should be opened when a certain subject isn't covered by any other board. In "capeshit"'s case, it's already covered by two. If you truly dislike seeing "capeshit" threads on /tv/ or /co/, how about you simply ignore them instead of coming here to /q/ 2.0 and whining about it like a little bitch?
D. /cpsht/ is 5 letters. At least cope up with a decent name that fits 4chan tradition.

Out of the literally hundreds of retarded suggestions and board ideas constantly being regurgitated here on /qa/ by clueless newfags, /cpsht/ is one of the dumbest. I mean - what's the fucking point? Are you proposing we open a board for every little franchise and genre? Do we open a /rap/ board? And an /rpg/ board? And a /sh/onen board? Where does it end? Do we split it down to literally hundreds of boards? Way to go completely missing the point in how 4chan works.
The one suggestion I can even begin to sort of see the point of is splitting /co/ to separate comics and cartoon boards. But then again - I'm not a /co/ regular, and even if I was I wouldn't be coming to /qa/ to dictate my precious little opinions to the mods.

tl;dr: learn 2 ignore & filter.
>>
>>387240
>12/20/15 New trial board added: /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

kek
>>
>>387260
>creating a new board is never the answer
But this time, it is. What the fuck will I get by filtering if 90% of all threads are related to capeshit on a comics and cartoons- only board like /co/ or if 130 threads out of 150 are reatrded shitposting/ rehashed star wars threads? People make the same fucking thread over and over and there is no new content.

>opening a board for every franchise and general
only those which take the whole damn board over. See WWE and MLP.

>not a /co/ regular
There you go. Confirmed for speaking out of your ass.

>and even if I was I wouldn't be coming to /qa/ to dictate my precious little opinions to the mods.
Way to go completely missing the point in how /qa/ works.

>change le name
/cp/ or /ca/ or /sup/
>>
File: What co rules should be.png (4KB, 384x135px) Image search: [Google]
What co rules should be.png
4KB, 384x135px
You don't need a new board. Just change /co/'s rules to not allow any live action shit. I don't get why is it easier to make a new board than to change the rules of an old board.

Look at how easy it was for me to do it.
>>
>>387311
yeah, but then /tv/ is still in the gutter.

This board eliminates every problem.
>>
>>387317
>but then /tv/ is still in the gutter.
Yeah so? Live action shit is /tv/'s department. Not my fault that it's the most normalfag shit around.
>>
>>387321
Can you read? I just posted thirty-fucking-five movies in the span of five years and over twenty-five new tv shows. ALL CAPESHIT

You don't visit /tv/, so stop talking out of your ass.

Also, mods don't do shit. There's a pedo thread on /tv/ every hour and it gets up to 30 replies regularly.
>>
>>387329
>You don't visit /tv/, so stop talking out of your ass.
Don't need to. You spread /tv/ culture all over the place. You guys made baneposting and pretty much reddit as fuck. Removing "capeshit" will not fix your shitty board as much as removing live action shit will fix my shitty board.
>>
>>387337
>scared of baneposting
>hating memes

confirmed reddit

GO BACK, FAGGOT, AND STAY THERE

*slaps you on the ass, and you drop down to the gutter that is reddit*
>>
>>387340
HAHA SO FUNNY!!!

I KEKED!!!

Is that the response you wanted?
>>
>>387344
no.

reddit confirmed once more, for trying to fit in by meme-orizing lines.

go away.
>>
I also support this idea, solely because I mostly only come to /co/ for cpae comics discussion, so it would be nice to get rid of cartoonfags who think they know shit.

>>387311
Problem here is that cape movies can be argued as pertaining to comics, since they're based off of them.
>>
>>387240
Hiro, don't listen to this nutjob. He's been saying the exact same thing over and over for a year now. And it's just him.
He's an outlier.
>>
>>387416
whaaaaaaat

complete and unfounded bs

plus, instead of saying names, I'd like you to give me reasons as to why a capeshit board is not required. THAT is what you can not do.
>>
>>387419
Because you have the ability to look at other threads and start your own like a normal anon. In the old days there was no filters, no catalog. Something you don't want to see? loli guro or gay superman or furry shit? you had to scroll past it. Why does nobody have this ability anymore?
you're too sensitive.
>>
>>387423
that is no reason.

read the last two lines of my last post again.
>>
>>387240
Hiro, don't listen to this dumbass. Capeshit is directly /co/- and /tv/-related, and there is no reason to create a splinter board.

In this anon's opinion, both /co/ and /tv/ properly belong on other sites such as Tumblr and Reddit, and should be deleted in order to maintain the Eastern focus of 4chan.

Saging politely.
>>
>>387482
>no reason to create a new board

why don't you counteract my points then, instead of calling names?

>eastern focus
newfag
>>
>>387352
>Problem here is that cape movies can be argued as pertaining to comics, since they're based off of them.
Mods can make exceptions when things start to overtake boards. If they can ban cartoons for being posted, they can do this.
>>
>>387608
and they can also make new boards if the problem is not temporary, but long-term. Right now 4 years of continuous capeshit is CONFIRMED, and who knows what the fuck is it gonna look like after that, not to mention the various spoilers about movies beyond 2020 that we're gonna get in the next four years. /co/ and /tv/ aren't gonna be enough to handle this shit. A new board is necessary.
>>
>star wars and superheroes

Fuck no. Give us /cpshit/ and ban Star Wars.
>>
>>387311
Just like superhero cartoons, the movies share a viewer base with fans of the comics. Comic fans are going to want to talk about the movies, and movie fans will want to talk about comics.

The best idea is creating a /sup/ superheroes board, and focusing it on Superhero comics, cartoons, and shows.

You could still talk about comics or cartoons on /co/, just like how you can talk about Mecha on /a/, but now there's a board for that specific niche.

There's precedent for this with /a/ and /m/. It's a logical idea.
>>
>>387240
Why in the fuck would you combine Star Wars with Superheroes?

Star Wars is /tv/
>>
>>387662
>>387664
Then it'd be best to split it into /co/ and /ca/, comics, cartoons. I guess star wars a sould be allowed because it's like cancer on /tv/, and there's going to be a new movie (or two) released every year now.
>>
>>388027
Star wars is cancer everywhere. Don't foster that shit off on us. It belongs on /tv/.

Or else make a general sci fi board and let Star Wars, Trek, etc go there since /tg/s mods delete all threads nowadays
>>
>>387240
I like this idea a lot
>>
>>387663
I don't get why you don't like my idea considering your idea is almost the same thing except mine doesn't need to make a new board.
>>
>>387240

>Shazam is one of those movies

To be fair, I'm almost certain half of those movies aren't gonna come out. And the few that do are gonna flop fucking hard. If the latest Fantastic Four showed us anything, it's that people are either tired of comic book movies, or tired of seeing shitty versions of their favorite heroes.
>>
>>388140
>floptastic showing us anything

It was a shoddy film to keep the rights. Everything else IS going to release, and it's going to be decent.
>>
>>388133
Because your idea prevents people from talking about superhero shows and movies in reference to the comics.

Why all the butthurt over creating new boards? We won't run out of space, and its obvious that there's traffic for it.
>>
>>388146

I don't doubt some will. But to think over half of them are going to be decent sure is very optimistic on your part given what we've seen so far.
>>
>>388147
>Why all the butthurt over creating new boards? We won't run out of space, and its obvious that there's traffic for it.
Because the site doesn't need any more traffic, the traffic needs to decrease
>>
>>388161
oh, so you're retarded. Okay
>>
>>388147
>Because your idea prevents people from talking about superhero shows and movies in reference to the comics.
You can do that in movie threads on /tv/. it is possible to use more that one board if you are actually interested in these things
>Why all the butthurt over creating new boards?
Because the many problems on this site should not be solved by make another hugbox general board for people that annoy others, they should be solved by better moderation and save the making of new boards for things 4chan lacks.
>>
>>388167
No, you are retarded for thinking the site getting any bigger is good for it. The sites popularity is the very thing causes it to turn to shit and become no different to every other site on the net
>>
>>388154
I think marvel already learned their lesson with Age of Ultron. The Russos are doing the major films, and I expect Doctor Strange to be good, because they've been working on it for over three decades. They also distanced Perlmutter from their division, which means less executive meddling. The rest of the directors look decent and I guess we won't get another quip-show like AoU.

I can't say anything about DC, because they're just a film in. I liked MoS, and with all the hype for BvS, and choosing non-traditional casts and having a runtime of 157 minutes, I guess it will be good. SS has a good director, too. Marvel is following a formula and broad storylines, while DC is letting directors and writers choose the stories. That only works when you hire above-average casts and directors, and DC seems to be doing it. Seems pretty hopeful to me.
>>
File: come on now.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
come on now.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>388161

Well, Hiro didn't buy 4chan as a charity. He's clearly not going to cut down traffic and try to lose money. He's desperate enough to add malware ads and you think you're gonna convince him to remove people from the site?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 401x367px
>>388161
>no justification

>>388170
Can you digest the fact that capeshit movies and tv shows are OVERFLOWING /tv/ and /co/? Stop ignoring that fact. Your argument is completely wrong.
>annoy others
then stop replying, faggot

>>388171
>le generic, broad argument #2935
>>
>>387260
/thread

Couldn't have said better myself
>>
>>388182
>Can you digest the fact that capeshit movies and tv shows are OVERFLOWING /tv/ and /co/?
Which is why I suggested this >>387311 for /co/. /tv/ can go fuck themselves for all I care. Let's be honest, this is just another thread trying to remove superhero stuff mainly because you hate "capeshit" and wish /co/ would have more threads about these rarely talked about comics from Fantagraphics because only true fans of comics read this stuff and shun "capeshit".
>>
File: image.png (27KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27KB, 660x371px
>>388236
>/tv/ can go fuck themselves

The board is in shambles, and OP's solution will bring both boards back to order. You're shifting goalposts and then arguing.

>fantagraphics
seems like I found a jelly capeshit reader
>>
>>388236
I like superheroes, and I wouldn't be opposed to a superhero board.

As long as /co/ can still discuss the relevance of Superhero comics or cartoons re:the history of the medium, it would be fine. It might give lesser-known non-superhero works a chance to get threads dedicated to them, and it would give us more room to talk about the specifics of what we like.

It can be equated to /a/ and /m/: /a/ is for anime and manga, while /m/ is for a specific type of anime and manga.
>>
>>388299
>The board is in shambles, and OP's solution will bring both boards back to order.
Until the next movie/tv show with a huge fanbase comes out. Then you will be asking for that to be removed from /tv/. I'm not shifting goalposts. The main complaint is as you said "capeshit" live action movies/tv shows. /tv/ is the place for that and they should be moved to /tv/, not given some special board for them alone.
>>388315
>As long as /co/ can still discuss the relevance of Superhero comics or cartoons re:the history of the medium, it would be fine.
You forget that there is no guarantee that the mods will allow those threads nor any guarantee that people will talk about any other comics outside of Image, comic based on other licensed media, and webcomics that they already talk about.

You guys don't want another /m/ but another /mlp/ or /vp/
>>
>>388329

>Until the next movie/tv show with a huge fanbase comes out. Then you will be asking for that to be removed from /tv/. I'm not shifting goalposts. The main complaint is as you said "capeshit" live action movies/tv shows. /tv/ is the place for that and they should be moved to /tv/, not given some special board for them alone.
>You guys don't want another /m/ but another /mlp/ or /vp/

Except I literally said that I wanted another /m/.

Superheroes are a genre that goes beyond one medium. It makes sense to have a board that encompasses that.

Superhero fans like shows that have their favorite characters in them, and want to talk about them. And they want to talk about them with people who share that interest. It doesn't make sense to shove half of the discussion to one board and half to the other just to toe some arbitrary line.

I don't think you're understanding what we're asking for here- we want a board for ALL superhero related media. That's comics, cartoons, games, shows, and movies. Just like /m/.

>You forget that there is no guarantee that the mods will allow those threads

Mods are fucking faggots. This is nothing new. I agree that something needs to be done about them but that's neither here nor there.

You can't make all decisions based on their faggotry. You have to assume a basic level of competence and a lack of malice on their parts or you couldn't make any suggestions at all.

>nor any guarantee that people will talk about any other comics outside of Image, comic based on other licensed media, and webcomics that they already talk about.
No, you can't. People will talk about what they like. That doesn't change anything.

You would have a board for superhero fans, and a board for general animation and Western comics. Right now /co/ just has too many disparate things competing for the same space.

Fans of Disney Films and modern cartoons are a very different audience than superhero fans, much like how moe fans are different from Mecha fans.
>>
>>388329
bet you don't even browse /tv/ or /co/ or watch capeshit.

Opinion discarded.

You don't even understand how to argue and you shift goalposts every two posts.

First you claimed that comics were not a problem and that I should just "filter and move on". Now you base your whole argument on an unfounded assumption that here will be a bigger medium that capeshit which would then flood the board, hence making it in vain. So, had the board never been created in the first place, wouldn't it still have shitbombed the existing board? You didn't think about that, and just keep giving stupid conclusions based on just one fact while ignoring the rest of the context.

Earlier you were completely confident about the competency of mods, and now you judge their ability to filter posts that belong to ANOTHER, NEW BOARD, as compared to the unified board that we have now, which is exponentially less work than the latter.

Stop picking your arguments on singular facts while ignoring the rest of the context, and then double-backing up when you run out. It only increases shitposting, and makes YOU the cancer you so desperately wish to eradicate.
>>
>>387240
>82 star wars threads
>82
>eighty-MOTHERFUCKING-TWO

WHAT
THE
FUCK
>>
how is star wars capeshit?
>>
>>389386
It isn't.

It's just better to merge with.
>>
>>389386
Since the main capeshit company took it over and turned it into capeshit.
>>
>>389482
at least let hiroyuki comment here
>>
File: 670px-Cure-Hiccups-Step-33.jpg (135KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
670px-Cure-Hiccups-Step-33.jpg
135KB, 900x675px
Easiest way to please everyone for the moment?

>Star Wars
>>>/trash/
>>
>>389622
and how will you let everyone know?
>>
>>387240
>BAN discussion of capeshit comics and movies from /tv/ and /co/

No, capeshit comics are still comics, they should be allowed on /co/, just as capeshit cartoons should be.

Either stop allowing live-action stuff on /co/ or make the new board and make it about nerd & geek shit (capes, Star Wars, toku heroes etc...).
>>
What's really weird about /tv/ is that they've started deleting non-SW threads so there's more room for even more SW threads. I don't fucking understand the logic at work here.
>>
>>389805
because the non-SW threads never get replies
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 800x450px
>>
>>390202
Death of civilization right there. Where the fuck is Looney Tunes when we need them?
>>
>>387664
>Why in the fuck would you combine Star Wars with superheroes?
Because they're both shitty pleb, permavirgin crap that needs to be quarantined so that we can make /tv/ great again. If people want to talk about Star Wars they should go to Reddit in all honesty.
>>
>>390341
>permavirgin crap
out
>>
>>390342
If you want to talk about Star Wars you can go to 90% of the internet. People on /tv/ do genuinely have good taste (proof: favourite films threads) but they get drowned out by shills and retards.
>>
>>390370
this.

/tv/ is like the entry board, where barrier to conversation is extremely low. Literally anyone can argue about movies, and then everyone forgets the patricians.
>>
test
>>
>>387240
I WANT /CAPE/
>>
>>390341
>make (x) great again

>>>/pol/
>>
>>387240
I've got a great idea.

How about we have generals on /tv/?
>>
>>391630
>generals
How about you kill yourself?
>>
>>391679
>implying ere already aren't generals

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>390345
Exactly.
>>
>>391822
dubs confirm

then we at least need /cpsht/ or /comics/ or something
>>
/tv/ is run by shills anyway. a really comfy lotr thread got deleted a little while ago. guess we're stuck with the 50+ star wars threads.
>>
>>392563
not if Hiro is on out side

HIIIIIIRRRRRROOOOOYYYYUUUUUUKKKKKIIIIIII ANSWER ME
>>
I want /co/ to be split up into a comic board and a cartoon board. I think /co/ was supposed to be a parallel to /a/, anime and manga, but the relationship between comics and cartoons is different than the relationship between anime and manga.
>>
>>392710
this

then maybe /mlp/ could be purged
>>
>>392549
wut
>>
i dont know what we can do but something has to be done about capeshit until avatar 2 comes out.

maybe hiroshima should contact james cameron and discuss how we remove capeshit from tv once and for all
>>
>>393310
And It'll be the biggest cancer ever encountered.

There are continuous avatar, star trek, star wars, capeshit and prometheus sequels until 2020.
>>
>>387240
Hiroyuki please fulfill this first it is time-sensitive
>>
Some of us were asking for a Star Wars/Capeshit containment board before the movie even came out, knowing how terrible things were going to get.

Most people just whined/memed about /film/, which never even made sense.
>>
>>387240
>being able to discuss actual comics on /co/ once again
I'm up for it
>>
>>387240
HIROYUKI
I
R
O
Y
U
K
I
>>
The first step is to try and think of a name for the capeshit and Star Wars board that isn't cpsht because nobody is ever making "/cpsht/ - Capeshit and Star Wars."
>>
>>395989
Just call it "nerdculture" or whatever the fuck the trendy word is for this shit these days
>>
>>396153
>>395989
/cp/
/ca/pe
/sup/erheroes
/su/perheroes
/sh/it
/he/roes
/ma/nchild
/mc/
/com/mercial movies
>>
>putting superheroes in with star wars

Fuck off. Star Wars is /tv/. Give us a superhero board and let that be that.
>>
>>387329
>There's a pedo thread on /tv/ every hour
No there isn't because if there was I'd use the board regularly. It's all plebeian shit consumed by the lowest common denominator of society and that's all /tv/ ever was. They couldn't pull off a decent pizza thread if I prepared the dough in advanced and explained how to cook it.
>>
>>396211

*Star Wars is currently making /tv/ unusable by the regular userbase
>>
>>390164
So they delete them instead of letting them die naturally?

>>389805
Swaglord mods /tv/. He's fucking with you. The chatlogs proved that the mods have been trying to nuke /tv/ for a while now. They're giving you the /mlp/ treatment.
>>
>>390341
>put stuff I don't like together, even if it makes no sense!

nah. There are good arguments for making a Superhero board, and a general sci-fi board, but shoving those two together is fucking stupid.
>>
>>396252
Proof he's the worst fucking mod on the site period. He's an insufferable faggot to the highest degree and needs to be fired.

Also if the mods want to nuke it than just do it. But then where would you discuss TV shows and movies?
>>
>>396240
So? Star Wars is still on topic. Fallout makes /v/ unusable and futa makes /d/ unusable, but they still get to spam the boards.
>>
>>396261
The fact that he namefags like an SA mod and leads raids on other boards makes things even worse. If he was a regular user he'd be permabanned.
>>
>>396262
Kittenmod ruined /d/. He bans people for even having discussion threads now. He has a futa fetish and he wants /d/ to be for futa's and futa's only
>>
>>396264
How the fuck did moot allow him to keep his job? And how the fuck does Hiro not know what he's been doing?
>>
>>396262

>star wars is still on topic

Have you even been on /tv/ recently?

Virtually all the Star Wars threads are purely off-topic shitposting, respammed, over and over again to the point where pretty much anything else anyone wants to post will stay up until it's drowned off the board by even more SW shitposting because the moderation has given up even trying at this point.
>>
>>396264
I think it's time to get his ass fired. Tell Hiro what he has been doing. Its like people said, Swaglord is sabotaging /tv/ because he and the other mods seem to hate it. I blame the Bane meme in the end. But that gives no excuse for Swaglord being a faggot.

Id love for him to have the balls to try and converse with the pissed off userbase tired of his shit and watch him get destroyed
>>
>>396153
>>396200
/mf/ - (Western) Media Franchises?

For franchises that are so large that they don't fit comfortably in the boards they spawned from.
>>
>>396336
Not bad
This would basically revert /co/ back to the good old days before the cancer called 'generals' killed the entire board
>>
>>396336

That would require the mods to determine what counts, which nobody is going to want to deal with.

There is no ambiguity about what counts as Star Wars or capeshit.
>>
>>396359
It's not as well-defined, but they've managed to shuffle topics into /vg/ and /jp/ just fine, which tell you jack shit about what's in them based on the name.

>There is no ambiguity about what counts as Star Wars or capeshit.
I'm pretty sure nobody is ever making that board. The only board actually named after an IP is /mlp/ and that was an exceptional case.
>>
Fuck all of you.
>>
>>396268
>>396279

Nah he'll just hide in [s4s] and send them to raid us again like he always does
>>
>>396365
lol
he doesn't use "S".

I just want a fucking board for muh capeshit, and want to be able to discuss actual comics on /co/.

I want hiro to confirm.

HIROYUKI
>>
>>387260
>>388213
You are fucking retarded

>lol just filter them
>>
File: tv is dead.jpg (663KB, 1856x963px) Image search: [Google]
tv is dead.jpg
663KB, 1856x963px
This needs to happen. Capeshit and Star Wars is ruining /tv/ (and the medium itself). It needs to fuck off to either Reddit or /co/ or a containment board.
>>
>>396918
the sticky just adds to the irony
>>
>there are /co/ janitors who think threads like >>>/co/78506105 are ok on a comics/cartoons board
>>
>>387240
Give a single reason that Star Wars should be on a Capes board
>>
>>397026
just for a few months.
>>
>>396336
I really, really like this idea. I suggest an anon make this topic a separate thread so we can discuss it there
>>
>>397047
Not a reason. Just because /tv/ can't handle its own shit doesn't make that our problem.

A cape board is warranted because it's divided over two boards, three of you count how /co/ has cape video game threads instead of /v/. As a /co/ user I'm all for a capes board, since it gets us away from the tumbrltoons and will stop people from bitching when you talk about a character's non-comic incarnations.

But Star Wars isn't capes. Ask for a separate Sci Fi board for Star Trek and Star Wars. Just because both capes and Star Wars are /tv/'s boogeymen doesn't mean they belong together.

Star Wars and Star Trek was always /tg/ territory. Now that they're nazimodding again though, any mention of them is banned. Hell, you could even send the GoT generals to a new board and make it a Sci-Fi/Fantasy board. It'd stop the shitposting of /tg/'s write- and draw threads, and it'd give genre literature a home (since it gets shitposted to death on /lit/ and had to come to /tg/.)

Stop arguing for reasons to get rid of things, and start arguing for places they will help the board. Anyone whose only argument for the creation of a board is "muh containment" deserves to be ignored.
>>
>>396336
Why not make a /emf/ and /wmf/? Then we can have both a Touhou board, AND a Star Wars/Steven Universe board!

It's the ultimate containment board! Everything we don't like gets shoved to one board. That way everything that gets popular can get banished to a single board so we can have two more /v/s.

Because as we all know, the best boards are the one that have broad nebulous topics and a huge userbase.
>>
>>397085
>Then we can have both a Touhou board,
We have one. Its called /jp/
>>
I think its time to actually nuke /tv/, what the mods have been wanting for years now.

From the ashes create /cpsht/ and /wmf/:For Western Media Franchises and possibly /emf/: For Eastern Media Franchises.
>>
What we should have is an Eastern Media board for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese TV shows, and a Western Media Board for American, Mexican, South American, and European TV shows.
>>
>>397123
Mind you K-Drama is massive in size and has a huge fanbase. Japan has some great live action TV shows as well, and China actually has some good historical drama shows. An Eastern board could pan out well.

Western Media would be for all kinds of Western media that isn't comic book or superhero related. Meaning shows like Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory, and all those Columbian and Mexican soap operas people love
>>
>>387240
It's getting out of hand. Capeshitters think they run /co/ in the same way that /a/ think they run the site.
A capeshit mobile/mmo game general is still a videogame general, so why the fuck is it on /co/?
Liveaction cape tv shows aren't wanted on /tv/ and barely belong on /co/.
>>
>>397160
hence
>>
sci-fi/fantasy board seems to be the best idea.
>>
>>387240
How about, instead, you rebrand /co/ to "Superheroes and Star Wars" and then you make a /waaaa/ for "Western Animation, Avatar, And Art, and stop crying about board splits.
>>
>>397582
lol

that'll play out well
>>
>>397160
I'm all for a superhero board at this point now, I really fucking am.

A sci-fi/fantasy board would also work. But then again I like what I said here >>397123
>>
>>397860
this. I want it too.

HIROYUKIIIIIII
>>
>>397180
no.

fuck no.

/wf/
>>
>STOP TALKING ABOUT WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>387240
If this went ahead then the board would just end up like /asp/ is now.
>>
>>398645
wut
How?

Explain.
>>
>>387240
>not counting the pedo threads and non-SW shitposts
what happens if you count the pedo threads?
>>
comics are fine on /co/.
The problem are movies and tv shows.
If they can't be removed from there then limiting it to just 1 thread to discuss all movies and tvshows related things could be a good compromise. Maybe allowing a specific movie thread alog with the all-purpose thread during the week a movie comes out or the day following a tv episode.
>>
Live-action adaptations are fine on /co/, company wars aren't. But Murphy's law.
>>
>>398834
>Live-action adaptations are fine on /co/, company wars aren't.
Company wars come from live action shitters. They started the Marveldrone/DCasual memes when Man of Steel threads were spammed on /co/.
>>
>>398714
wihout the pedo and non-SW threads, there were 82 SW threads. If you combine them, the number goes up to 120.

There were a total of 148 threads.
>>
>>398919
I am half sure those terms predated Man of Steel, which was a divisive film anyway.
>>
Comic book movies aren't even aimed at people who read comics, they have nothing in common except a few names from their source material

They bring tourists and drag down the quality of the board
>>
>>398834
>Live-action adaptations are fine on /co/
No they aren't
>>
>>399233

Comic book movies aren't even aimed at people who have more than a slight interest in Television and Film, and are market to an audience too young to even be here.

They bring children and shitposters, making the original board users migrate to slower boards, bringing down their quality at the same time.
>>
File: 1450273787000.jpg (341KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1450273787000.jpg
341KB, 1024x768px
>>387240
Didnt know that movies were at THAT point already.
>>
>>399237
this.

Comics belong to autits and not normalfags, and I'd like to have a discussion with autists. Hence, I need a containment board for capeshit.
>>
I don't want to see any more Star wars-threads! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I guess this is what the SJWs mean by the term "triggered", it's like an overwhelming bad feeling that I get whenever I visit /tv/. I just want it to end.

Just stop talking about Star wars, I'm begging you.
>>
>>399276

The problem is that nobody is even talking about SW.

Its just shitposters endlessly reposting the same threads, thinking they're going to be the next "dank meme" if they just keep posting them, with no discussion or innovation.

There was a brief time when Bane posting was actually amusing, because people still put a little effort into it, and all sorts of OC was being created. The current state of /tv/ is basically a Star Wars themed /b/.
>>
>>399287
>nobody is talkin
no, all the shitposters are talking about it, and they constute 20% of the board's population and 80% of its traffic.
>>
>>399276
>im begging you

I don't think shitposters visit /qa/
>>
File: 1431663849267.jpg (34KB, 452x334px) Image search: [Google]
1431663849267.jpg
34KB, 452x334px
>>387240

you think that is much but that is nothing compared to all other movies, series and cartoons that aren't capeshit. The new board would have only high traffic on time of release and then the board would die down with only a few generals still going on at best and generals running with no new content brings the worst out of any fanbase.
>>
>>400662
that would take a few years to happen. There are 35 new films and 29 new tv series in these 5 years. I think these would be enough to keep the board busy.
>>
I hate the name /cpsht/. Why is that seriously being considered?
>>
>>400025
>I don't think shitposters visit /qa/

Haha, what? You just responded to one.
>>
>>400662
There's a never-ending amount of new capeshit beyond movies and tv shows. There'd be threads about new capeshit video games, comics, cartoons, anime, manga, toys, cosplay etc...

They'd also be able to make threads for old stuff and let's not forget your everyday shitposting threads like >>>/co/78633060 and >>>/co/78633946.

It's more than enough content for a new board and it would instantly become one of the faster boards on this site. Especially if Star Wars and other "nerd" stuff was added to make it a sci-fi board.
>>
>cartoon autists mad that people are talking about live-action movies instead of Steven Tumblrverse

>waifu autists made that people are talking about movies instead of sexual fantasies

What a great story, OP.
>>
>>387240
>board for superheros

OK.

>board for superheroes and Star Wars

Fuck no.

>board for superheroes, Star Wars, AND all Sci-Fi

Go fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>400779
>cartoon = steven tumblr
no

>tv = /cel/ebs
no
>>
>>400779
You know /co/ is a comics board too, right?
>>
>>387340
lol /tv/ drove the reddit insult to death
>>
File: pleasefixthis.png (909KB, 2056x912px) Image search: [Google]
pleasefixthis.png
909KB, 2056x912px
>>396918
fuck me anon, it's getting worse not better
>>
>>402248
fucking hell
>>
>>398802
Not a bad idea
Though what originally ruined /co/ was the generals so there really needs to be a /vg/ for /co/ as well. The generals are endless circlejerks people discussing their fanfics more or less and there are slow and less known comic/cartoon threads (which is why started visiting /co/ in the first place) that get dumped to page 11 in hour because the spergs keep spamming more and more threads about the same shit and spitting out more generals.
And /co/ general board would serve the people who browse those general threads actively as well, when /vg/ separated from /v/ pretty much everyone was happy.
>>
>>403305
And honestly it's really weird /co/ hasn't separated to general and /co/ board already. When it happened with /v/ it was because the generals were taking over and threads with less posters were hammered to page 10 too fast, the same exact shit has been your regular day on /co/ for the past 4 years and no one has done anything.
>>
>>400779
As a /co/ poster I am totally cool with a Superhero board. Superheroes is a pretty huge chunk of /co/, and other than things like their influence on the mediums or the rare thing like The Incredibles, there isn't a lot of overlap between, say, fans of Disney and fans of Superman.

It's sort of like how Mecha is a big thing for /a/. Just like how /m/ has anime, toys, manga, and even IRL tech under its umbrella, a Cape board could have comics, cartoons, games, live action, etc.

Just banning live action superhero stuff doesn't make sense, since people who like the characters will rightfully want to talk about their adaptations in other mediums, since for many people its the characters that makes them like the genre. Plus live action adaptations often influence the comics they're based on, too.

Fuck off with that Star Wars shit. Only one retard wants Capes to have to put up with the Star Wars cancer.
>>
Why bother reporting rule-breaking threads when they won't get deleted?

Can anybody justify >>>/co/78661656 being allowed?
>>
>>403661
well, Ahsoka is technically from the animated series.

Still it is cancer.
>>
>>403983
Waifu threads always are cancer
>>
>>387340
>>387337
Reddit trolling is so bad now it doesn't even make any sense.

If you like James Cameron or Force Awakens somebody will call you a redditor for no reason at all.
>>
>>404034
Both of those things are bad though
>>
Give it up, OP yuleOST
Reminder that 1. futily crosslinking to that shithole /tv/ only makes some people check it out, who then come back into the house dragging mud on their feet. 2. 3DP/co/ is part of the rules, and no amount of shitposting will change that.
t. /co/
>>
>>405074
>muh rules can never be modified

go away
>>
>>405110
Who seen tv tonight
>>
>>405111
I see your trips but I have no clue what you mean
>>
>>405112
>>>/tv/
Anyone browsing? When will those threads stop and get own board?
>>
>>405113
do you mean a mod or jani?

They won't do shit until Hiro or swaglord say something.

Our best bet is to keep this thread alive.

The thread for architecture has been up for 3 months now. Nothing has been done.
>>
>>405114
I miss when he posted more
>>
>>405115
he's on /s4s/ sometimes
>>
>>405129
He captain of meme team?
>>
>>405138
no, it's actually the nice™ team
>>
>>405150
No, it's actually the Nice Cream™.
>>
>>405200
very nyce, checked.

It's actually the Meme Cream™.
>>
>>405114
I think we need to focus on the removing Faglord first tbqh
>>
>>405238
agreed. swaglord needs to go at this point. He's a fucking cancer on this site, and these faggots here prove it. I have no clue why moot liked him so much. Ever since moot left swaglord has been trying to take advantage of things, for example ruining /tv/ and making [s4s] raid /qa/ on certain occasions. Its more proof that the mods here have no respect at all for Hiro. They simply do not like him and do things constantly behind his back.

Speaking of Hiro, I am worried he's regretting buying this site. He's been awfully quiet as of late, not even coming on here anymore or even other boards. Maybe he wants out, but he simply can't find anyone to buy the site. I mean who would knowing what they would have to deal with?

>>405200
>>405150
>>405138
>>
>>404651
how can you sleep knowing you lie to yourself?

James Cameron is so much better than Nolan, Lucas or any of those other pieces of shit.
>>
>>405269
The sooner Hiro fires all mods and brings in his own team, the better.
>>
Bump so Hiro acknowledges this problem
>>
>>389386
it became capeshit as soon as disney bought the license
>>
>>406148
so we should name the board

/dis/ney.

makes for better shekels for chinkmoot.

or we use /wf/ - western franchises
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.