[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Christians on /pol/
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 32
Why are there so many Christians on /pol/ these days? It's a meme right?
>>
im a catholic
>>
>>61214965
retards who've been laughed out of modern society congregate to the one place where they can laugh at non-retards and pretend they're not retarded
>>
>Why are there so many Christians on /pol/?

Because /pol/ is always right
>>
>>61215073
But Christians are wrong
>>
>>61214965
I've read the gospels and saw his light.
Jesus is the way my friend!

>>61214994
Hello my dear brother in Christ.
>>
>>61215312
no one takes you seriously

>you just legitimized christianity m8
>>
/pol is now property of Christ. If God is for us, who can be against us?
>>
>>61215704
Deus Vult!
>>
>>61215704
I'm against Christians wherever I see them
>>
I got an epic anti atheia bread right now guys. Check it out!
>>
oh man I don't have nearly enough fedoras for everyone ITT
>>
There is an existencial crisis on the modern civilizations, so people is realizing that they need to come back to the righteous path of glory and salvation or die as dogs.
>>
Yes, it's a shitty meme.
>>
>>61214965
pic is a dude right?
damn world

>>61214994
>he's gonna burn in hell
>>
>>61214965
Contrarianism.
>>
I bet many so called "christians" are just as pretending to be one. There ate no true christians anymore nowadays.
>>
>>61215959
I'm not an atheist, but in my eyes Christianity and Islam are just as bad as each other, I'd gladly attack both.
>>
>>61215959
charge your fucking phone homo
>>
>>61214965

On Saturdays we roleplay as Templars
>>
>>61215021
>Christians have been laughed out of modern society

Have you gone outside?
>>
Most "christians" these days don't:
>read the bible (because they know it's bullshit)
>believe anything that comes from the bible (see above)
>don't go to church regularly or at all
>never donate to any charity or do any volunteer work

These people shouldn't be allowed to call themselves christian imo baka desu senpai
>>
>>61216243
that's because you're gay. simple.
>>
>>61214965
I honestly hope so, they're doing a good job at being irritating.

You'd think that as a conservative-majority board, they'd be all over the benefits of abortion keeping people off welfare, lowering crime, and a host of other positives.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (43 KB, 450x411) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fedora.jpg
43 KB, 450x411
>>61216577
if you're not a 'Christian' how are you able to verify who is or isn't Christian?
>>
>>61215704
Everyone in the world is against you, you moronic piece of shit.
>>
>>61216740
Abortion diminishes the sanctity of life, so it has broad implications for all of civilization, well beyond the narrow scope of abortion. That is the Christian position, please keep in mind there is more to it than you imply.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNBNAaR8Bus&list=PL8vmrGBxsiLIvfXSMsiSUkuvScG2dO-J8&index=15
>>
>>61214965
Who is that non white whore
>>
>>61216686
Bi but that's not why I hate the semitic religions
>>
>>61214994
Which is a Christian religion
>>
>>61215863
New Zealand fags are the worst.
>>
They just do what mommy and daddy do that's why they're cuckserastives
>>
File: 1451636950126.jpg (139 KB, 640x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451636950126.jpg
139 KB, 640x960
>>61216243
>attack both
>country becomes secular
>Atheist golden-age
>Liberal values
>Atheist, SJW, liberal millennials vote
>"Imagine no countries"
>Millennials vote pro immigration
>New Zealand YES!
>cuckmyshitup.jpg
>secular women get enriched
>sharia law zones are made unofficially
>Czech'd and kek'd
>>
>>61217023
Says the Christian
>>
>>61214965
>try to sauce pic
>most feminine shemales
FUCK
>>
>>61217165
Yeah.

A member of the religion which has had the greatest effect on civilization and responsible for nearly all major advancements.

What has come from New Zealand again?
>>
>>61214965
the only meme i see here is NZ shitposting
>>
I'm not Christian, i don't believe in God but i Love Christians. In my profession i have met and became friends with many Christians and every single one of them were good people.
Sure you got some dickheads in their but at heart they were good people.
I will most likely marry a Christian woman because at least then i know she has good values and isn't a whore.
>>
/pol/ is attracted to simplistic ideologies that paint things white and black
so naturally religion is popular here
>>
>>61216881
You've got it backwards. Lack of abortion diminishes the sanctity of life for everyone.

Which is fine if you or your SO don't want to have an abortion, just keep your beliefs out of other people's business.
>>
>>61214965
BAPTIST MASTERRACE REPORTING IN
>>
>>61217148
>implying I would bend for Islam
I'd rather be beheaded
>implying you need religion to be right-winged
>>
>>61214965
Who's this semon demon
>>
>>61214965
It's sort of a meme, but at the same time it isn't. I'm sure that a good 50% of the people here don't believe in god, but still don't consider themselves atheist because of how cancer most atheist are. You know what I mean (le fedora, le richard dawking, le enlightened, etc.). Compared to that, Christains are so much better. They are usually more driven, have hotter wives, and are just overall better/more enjoyable people.
>>
>>61214965
Many admit to being cultural Christians.

I'm an atheist but I agree with Dawkins that Christianity is the European bulwark against Islam. I try to only criticise Islam even though I'd prefer a world without organized religions. Just deists and atheists.
>>
>>61217246
The religion that encourages slave morality and that states that to your god your are like a sheep - a mindless follower.
All of western civilizations achievements came after secularization, if Europe had clung to Christianity completely it'd look just like the Middle East.
>>
>>61214965
4chan attracts contrarians.

It's as simple as that. If you've played any manner of class based game with 4chan people you will quickly notice that the least played things constitute a majority among the 4chan players.
>>
File: 1452788935355.png (194 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452788935355.png
194 KB, 1251x585
>>61217246
>Responsible for nearly all major advancement
This is why people don't take you seriously.
Besides pic related what exactly has Christianity directly contributed.
>>
>>61217314
P..p...please respond
>>
>>61217574
Forgot this
?
>>
>>61217472
Topkek

You are completely wrong.

Honestly look it up.

And no, we don't follow mindlessly, we follow because of our faith which is established in evidence that our Lord is true and just.

I'm sorry you don't know anything about what you're talking about. But I don't expect anything less from New Zealand. You are actually dumber than Australians and I didn't think that was possible.
>>
>>61217378
>You know what I mean (le fedora, le richard dawking, le enlightened, etc.)
My country is 90% atheist/apatheist though. The remaining 10% are Muslims and Christian poles/slavs.
>>
>>61217386
Meh, crazy religion A, crazy religion B, all the same to me...
>>
>>61217472
Secularity in Europe came as a result of western achievements, not because of them.
>>
>>61217660
Pick up a book you stupid nigger. Accept that your religion is the most effective form of large scale population control ever and its clearest effect is that it brings down the strong for the benefit of the weak.
>>
File: 1452628267597.gif (903 KB, 300x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452628267597.gif
903 KB, 300x200
conservatism is the new counter-culture
>>
>>61217574
William Turner

Francis Bacon

Robert Grosseteste

Nicole Oresme

Nicholas of Cusa

Blaise Pascal

Issac Newton

Pretty much everything.

I could name hundreds more, but you can research yourself if you really want to know.
>>
>>61217852
See this post

>>61217907


I recommend you take your own advice.
>>
>>61217810
Secularity came from the enlightenment, which was based on a movement away from Christianity and on texts brought back by crusaders from Islamic libraries that the Christians had burned as 'pagan' but the Arabs kept for academic purposes.
>>
>>61217780
Atheism in places like the U.S. is different than it is in places like Sweden. Since most of your population is atheist, being an atheist isn't really a big deal, but in places like the U.S. (where the atheist population is small) people who are atheist think that it's some sort of accomplishment, and they go to such great lengths to tell other people about it. Some of them are as bad as hardcore Christians.
>>
>>61218007
Nice try, Ahmed.
>>
File: 1405728507501.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405728507501.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>61217907
ISSAC NEWTON
S
S
A
C

N
E
W
T
O
N
>>
>>61215312
>
>>
>>61217907
So it's not the fact that they had an innate curiosity for the world around them but because of heir religious beliefs?
>>
File: trumptrain.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trumptrain.gif
1 MB, 680x849
>>61217873
True
>>
>>61214965
This place has always been full of kike worshipers, it's not new. Just ignore them.
>>
>>61218062
Yeah I think that's part of why we're in the situation we're in right now. Religion is just so incredibly non-essential here that a lot of people just don't get how much of a big deal it is to religious people, like the Muslims for example. They simply can't fathom the lengths a man will go to for his faith. It's just comforting words in times of need and pretty ceremonies for us.
>>
>>61214965
Christcucks think just because we like tradition that means we like their recent kike religion as well
>>
>>61218310
I can say the opposite in that it was their religious faith which made them so curious and passionate to learn about God's creation.

So go back to reddit with that garbage.

As I said, I can name hundreds more.

Many who are alive today and are still Theists.

Mostly Christians.

I'll give you one to start.

Eben Alexander .

Go ahead and look him up.
>>
people are christians on /pol/ because they wanna fit in and not get called fedoras
>>
>>61218441
>how to spot the Zionist puppet
>>
File: 1449459565551.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449459565551.png
234 KB, 500x400
>>61214965
Blah blah blah, we had that one post with a million gorilion replies of /pol/cucks saying they appreciated christian culture and what it's given humanity but aren't themselves religious. We also mostly agreed that we'd raise our children religious just cause. I didn't cap it and I'm not looking through the achieves for that shit. Stop being so new and start being /new/. Much like christianity, your people also have a rich culture. Aussies are born and bred verbal loo pooers. Embrace it and come back when you have better bait.
>>
File: 1451751247800.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451751247800.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>61216243

>Christianity and Islam are just as bad as each other

fuck off back to Reddit then
>>
>>61218066
I didn't say they were Islamic texts, Tyrone, this master slave relation you have with your god really does suit your people doesn't it? I said they were copies of European pagan texts that the Christians burned but the arabs didnt
>>
>>61218073
To be fair Isaac Newton was a firm believer in God. However Anon thinks that Christianity is a catalyst for scientific advancement.
>>
>>61218582
When and why did Reddit come into this?
>>
>>61218537
Going to have to explain your reasoning there christcuck
Because I see nothing but the pope washing Muslim feet and declaring that Jews are going to heaven even though they deny Christ
Oh and Protestants going to third world nations to help the niggers and spics and housing migrants in their churches
>>
>>61218673
Because that's where you are from.
Why can't you be like a good Aussie that can attack faggots on the internet?
Such weak fucking bait man.
>>
>>61218744
I get downvoted on Reddit for my views though. And I'm not baiting
>>
>>61216809

Does that matter if the almighty is on our side? Jesus was one man against the world, and he won.
>>
>>61214965
It's not degenerate, and it actually helps people, i don't know if god is real of not, but believing in something helps a lot to overcome different situations.
>>
>>61218615
I don't think so. It has been.

>>61218593
No one cares, Ahmed. Do I really need to keep naming people who have made scientific advancements and are Christians if not at least theists?

Let alone I already named Bacon and Newton who are arguably the most important?

Scratch that, I'm not going to waste anymore time on you. You're a scumbag that hates religion to be an edge lord ever though it's accomplished more and helped civilization in a greater way that you ever will, than your whole shit stain country will.

NZ officially worse than Australia.
>>
>>61218737
If you're an atheist, you're supporting a liberal mindset, a mindset that supports a bullshit doctrine pushed by the kikes to manipulate you.
>>
>>61214965
>Why are there so many Christians on /pol/ these days?
Because /pol/ was always counter cultural.
>>
>>61214965
You have to believe in God if you worship demons, bruv.
>>
>>61218865
I don't hate religion, not am I an atheist I hate foreign monotheism. And if we're done I'll close by saying I hope you wake up from your Jewish mind control eventually, even though it seems beyond you.
>>
>>61218455
They were Christians in name alone. When you have nothing but wooden telescopes it's easy to come to the conclusion that "God did it". However as civilization progressed and new ways of understanding the Universe arose scientist didn't need god any more as an answer to the gaps. This is why as time progressed you see less and less scientist holding strong if any religious beliefs.
>>
I went to church this evening.
There was a special Filipino sermon or something like that and an Archbishop was here. He is the Observer to the United Nations, if I remember correctly.

I took communion. I don't even know if I can, I honestly haven't been to confession in like 7 years now. But it said only if you haven't confessed grave sins, but I don't think I've committed any grave sins.
Of course I've gone to church and taken communion tons of times in those 7 years, but it's starting to bother me a bit now for some reason.
>>
File: truth.png (104 KB, 680x278) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
truth.png
104 KB, 680x278
Pic related
>>
>>61219134
Well, go confess your sins.
>>
File: pure.jpg (886 KB, 3072x2048) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pure.jpg
886 KB, 3072x2048
http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals

>93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God.
>>
>>61219094
And I hope you will wake up and realize that Jesus came to Earth and died so we could be forgive for our sins.
>>
>>61219094
>Jewish mind control
The story of christ is the story of the archetypal enemy of judaism.
>A man stands above, rebuking the jews in their iniquities
>The jews hate him, try to reveal any weakness they can
>The man is undeters, tries to bring the jews back to the path they claim god lays before them
>The jews get the goyim in charge to murder him
>The jews call the goyim that did their dirty work antisemites
There's a reason we hate jews, YHWH is the devil.
>>
>>61219104
Eben Alexander.

Robert T. Bakker (born 1945): paleontologist who was a figure in the "dinosaur Renaissance" and known for the theory some dinosaurs were warm-blooded. He is also a Pentecostal preacher who advocates theistic evolution and has written on religion.

Robert J Asher: palaeontologist and lecturer at the University of Cambridge Department of Zoology and a curator at the University Museum of Zoology. His book 'Evolution and Belief: Confessions of a Religious Paleontologist' was published by Cambridge University Press in 2012. Dr Asher is also a former Curator of Mammals at the Berlin Natural History Museum and Frick Postdoctoral Fellow at the American Museum of Natural History.

Brian Heap (born 1935): Biologist who was Master of St Edmund's College, University of Cambridge and was a founding member of the International Society for Science and Religion.

Please, go back to reddit with your 16 year old arguments.

HUR DURR some of the greatest minds to ever live just said fuck it God did it and had no reason for saying so.

It's not like Newton wrote prophecies based on the Bible.

Anyway, those 3 I just named are alive today, so your argument is trash. I can name several more. But I'm done, anyone on /pol/ that isn't a complete idiot is already a Christian.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (18 KB, 320x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
unnamed.jpg
18 KB, 320x350
>>61219198
That's the first time a post on this site made me laugh so hard in a while, thanks Tyrone
>>
>>61214965
Everyone just shut up.
Who is this ejaculate magician?
>>
>>61219184
that 6.1% believe it was licked into existence by Bestla the cow and formed from the body of the giant Ymir.
>>
>>61219184
>atheists pride themselves at being rational
>denies a Creator when the universe itself is proof based on the simple logic that something cannot come from nothing

they actually believed those protons at the dawn of time just willed themselves to existence lol f,am
>>
>>61219378
Eben Alexander (born 1953): American, Harvard-educated neurosurgeon best known for his book, "Proof of Heaven", in which he describes his 2008 near death experience.[172] In a recent interview, Dr Alexander said: "It's time for brain science, mind science, physics, cosmology, to move from kindergarten up into first grade and realize we will never truly understand consciousness with that simplistic materialist mindset."
>>
>>61219160
/thread
>>
>>61218865
Ok. if Christianity is so necessary fo human advancement then why did the Roman Empire start to go to shit when it adopted Christianity as it's state religion? I' not saying Christianity is a bad thing.
I'm saying scientific advisement isn't tangible to the rise and spread of christianty
>>
>>61219495
A man for starters.
>>
>>61219309
The idea of all semitic monotheistic religions is submission. If the entire population has a submissive slave mentality pushed on them by the church they are less likely to rebel. That is the reason why the Roman empire spread Christianity to begin with, because it's easier to control an empire of slaves.
>>
File: 1449909813236.jpg (45 KB, 595x329) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449909813236.jpg
45 KB, 595x329
>>61219502

>something cannot come from nothing
>EGSEPT GOD :DDDDD

You realize how silly that argument is right?
>>
>>61219553
Barbarian attacks and Religious disagreements.
>>
/pol/ is a satirical parody of itself now

the days of /pol/ being good are dead, buried and cremated.
>>
>>61219591
Turns out when people are working for the same end goal because they share the same ideal they get a lot more done as well.

New Zealand is trash.
>>
>>61219591
>The idea of all semitic monotheistic religions is submission
>"But if you do not have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!"
The ideal of judaism is rule by subversion, the ideal of christianity is virtue, but not complacency, the ideal of islam is conquest.
>>
>It's a meme right
Of course it is. Don't mistake a bunch of lunatics for the majority here.
>>
>>61217472

This.
>>
>>61219553
It was declining before that, the spread of the toxic mentality of Christianity was an attempt to salvage what they could.
>>
>>61219621
He's the creator of the universe and obviously outside laws of his creation, why would He have the same limitations.

silly kangaroo man of shitposting
>>
>>61219621
cause something can come from nothing, yes
>>
>>61219621
God doesn't come into existence.

So that's not even the argument.

>see flag

That explains why you are so stupid.
>>
File: G0044793.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
G0044793.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>61214965
not a maymae

christian reporting in

>>61215312
also dont trust auzzies and NZ

that is also not a may may
>>
>>61219553
Everything you take for granted and like came out of Christianity's separation of "reality" and "whatever the ruler says." The Chinese are garbage precisely because they do not have this.
And the Roman empire went to hell welcoming in massive amounts of unassimilariable immigrants, and its twin went down fighting Muslims. Christianity was welcomed in both because it was seen as inevitable and because paganism had totally lost all credibility, and it re-energized Rome.
>>
>>61219824
>>61219837
>>61219847

lmao that damage control though
>>
>>61219742
I'm a first generation migrant from Europe anyway, so I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1449496310010.jpg (143 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449496310010.jpg
143 KB, 888x1120
>>61216577
>tfw I do all those things
>>
>>61217472
>he believed Family Guy interpretation of the Dark Ages!
>>
>>61219824
>>61219837
>>61219855
>>61219897


Finally.
>>
>>61214965

Christians riddle me this.

What the flying fuck does resurrecting a dead man have to do with being a deity?

We could possibly revive people in faster spans than three days soon. Does that mean we can become gods? You guys mix up your super powers.
>>
>>61219903
>get BTFO
>d-damage c-control

nobodys convinced m80
>>
>>61219847

> God doesn't come into existence.

Really? Prove there was something before time.
>>
>>61219847
See, what you're doing is called special-pleading as an attempt to either end infinite regress or to reply to "something from nothing" -- which isn't even what the Big Bang says; but, whatever.
>>
>>61219903
It's not damage control.

No theist will ever say those words because none of them will ever say God was created.

Your post is not possible.

Everything does need a cause.

God doesn't because God wasn't created, God is eternal.

It's really simple if you weren't as intellectually comparable to an African.
>>
>>61214965
christian is such a loose term these days.

there is nothing to tell you how to be the best christian in the world and nothing to stop you from falling out of the religion and changing it to something else. there is also nothing preventing you from being a christian either.

it's like saying "i am someone who wears blue shirts". it's meaningless.
>>
>>61219974

Nah m8 your argument was retarded

>G-d is outside the universe therefore he doesn't play by its rules
>Before there was a universe there was strict rules exactly the same as the universe so G-d must have done it
>>
>>61214965
I've noticed this too.

Here's my observations:
Some of them are satirical trolls which get a kick out of making people cringe.
Some of them are agnostics which cringe at their own stereotypes and desire to associate with a "tried and true" identity.
Some of them are desperately seeking to rekindle their romantic European historical fantasies of the way things used to be, as if they were better.
>>
>>61219974
But then tell me, of all the gods that have ever existed why is the Jewish piece of shit you worship the only true one?
>>
>>61218867
>doesn't even deny any of the cuckery
I've had christcucks try and tell me that "as christcucks we should help these refugees and immigrants"
This is a common occurrence trying to use God etc as a bludgeon to act of of suicidal charity against my race and nations interest
>>
>>61219958

Except for that whole "and he ascended unto heaven" part
>>
>putting all christians under a blanket term
/pol/ has tons of anglican retards
If you're not catholic just kill yourself now. You're going to spend eternity in purgatory anyway, why care about a few decades on earth?
>>
>>61220065

> >G-d is outside the universe therefore he doesn't play by its rules

Prove their's an 'outside' to our Universe first. Then you can move on to proving things could exist there.

While your at it proving anything sentient without a physical brain is possible would be good too.
>>
>>61214965
>It's a meme right?
No.
>>
>>61220114
Well I'm a "christcuck" and I think the refugees are faggots who should go back and fight there own war.
They're fucking grown men, grown men being pussies, shit this is a fucking sin in there heretic books.
>>
>>61219958
Because the means of resurrection are super natural and not the means of super advanced science.

Can we bring them back to life without any tools or help from inventions? No. So no, we aren't Gods either.

>>61220025
Something cannot come from nothing. Those are just laws of physics. Time didn't create itself. So something created time.

Really simple.

>>61220048
Read above.
>>
>>61220197

Follow the thread dumbass. If you didn't get that I was arguing against a creator maybe you're too stupid to be apart of the conversation.
>>
>>61220121

> Except for that whole "and he ascended unto heaven" part

I know their fan fiction stuff is kind of weird. Was that before or after Muhammad got there on his horse?
>>
>>61220065
>G-d
>Juden attempting to undermine Christianity

kek
>>
>>61218853
>>won
>>got nailed to a piece of wood and died an agonizing death
lol no.
>>
>>61219958
You do realize what the term 'dead' means, right? It means that the brain has lost all function, and, as a result, the body that it controls and keeps alive is also dead. No advancement of science can fix true death. God, however, can.
>>
>>61219378
Then why aren't their theological beliefs taken seriously expect for impressionable idiots like you then?
>HUR DURR some of the greatest minds to ever live just said fuck it God did it and had no reason for saying so.
Just saying God did it is an excuse for not wanting to do the hard work that goes into scientific research
>It's not like Newton wrote prophecies based on the Bible.
So?
>>
>>61220197
The universe can't create itself.

Done.

Something outside of yourself created you.

Same applies to anything that needs to be created.
>>
>>61215863
WTF
We send waves of missionaries to civilize your maoris and THIS is the thanks we get?
>>
File: 1449188511741.jpg (109 KB, 650x650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449188511741.jpg
109 KB, 650x650
>>61220284

I like how you explicitly rebutted my point instead of getting butthurt about my spelling or grammar.
>>
>Americans stop being Christian
>crime and rape rates rising
>suicide rising
>culture collapses
>media turns all the world except third worlds into atheists
>Europe collapses
can't wait to see what comes next in this more enlightened world! reminder Jesus LITERALLY died for your sins
>>
>>61220307
He beat YHWH's wager

>>61220349
I'm on your side, but I don't find that argument satisfactory concerning the nature of god
>>
>>61220050
>>61220259

m8 desu not everyone is going to be on the same level as us, and as sad as it is that they won't know the same joy that we will, this prolly isnt the best way to go about it.

as far as the whole where did God come from, for us God is. God transcends our ideas of space and time, those rules are simply the system or rules he created for our universe.

For us trying to say we can fully comprehend God or how he works just isnt possible.

I am okay with that.
>>
>>61215312
>>61215863
>>61216947
>>61217165

>thinking Christianity is on par or worse than Islam

I hate the concept of a magic man dictating our actions, but you can't seriously think that Christianity is what we should be worrying about.
>>
>>61214965
It's not a meme, retard, lots of people are Christian. Christianity is an expanding religion, there are more of us today than there were yesterday. What universe do you live in where this isn't true?
>>
>>61214965
>It's a meme right?
Start a thread accusing the Catholic church of concealing the body of Jesus in Vatican City and watch how fucking mad they get.

It might have been a meme at one time, but now we've got a bunch of clowns that seriously think roleplaying as crusaders on the internet is "redpilled"
>>
>>61220259

Uh, how do you know your deity didn't just use technology you didn't understand? Maybe this is his third Universe and he's just getting the hang of it.

> Can we bring them back to life without any tools or help from inventions? No. So no, we aren't Gods either.

Yeah magic is cool and realistic when you're young. Maybe that's why it was so appealing to you? Our inventions seem to work better than your deity. I give him like a C- at best.
>>
>>61220394
>g-d
>spelling or grammar
It's a somatic linguistic trait endemic to the followers of YHWH, the god of the jews and the devil to christians.
>>
>>61220411
>crime and rape rates rising
wut
>>
>>61220454
btw what word filters to desu?

is it t b h desu f a m senpai desu senpai tbqh
>>
>>61220482
>It might have been a meme at one time, but now we've got a bunch of clowns that seriously think roleplaying as crusaders on the internet is "redpilled"
Roleplaying is a side-endeavor to redpilling, thank you very much.
>>
>>61217148
Wish you were back to state Shinto senpai?
>>
>>61220492

>still getting butthurt instead of refuting my point
>>
>>61220344
Yeah... because Newton and Bacon weren't responsible for the most important scientific advancements.

Which they did do that hard work for.

>published in Cambridge

>teach at Cambridge

>Graduate from Harvard

So many other major scholarly accomplishments,

>they must be stupid though

I can't speak for them.

Obviously those people are idiots like me too.

I wonder what does that make you?
Let me know when you go to Harvard or Cambridge.

Let alone teach there.

Also, to actually answer who takes them seriously, anyone else who shares the same beliefs, which are many other scholars.

Now go back to reddit please.
>>
>>61220482
>protestant who shills for kikes
>>
>>61220322

The thing you can't prove exists fixes the fact that life on this planet is full of moving parts and moving parts will always one day break.

So really you believe because you're afraid of death.
>>
They're cultural Christians. It's a knee-jerk reaction to obnoxious mainstream atheism and the moral degradation of the west.
>>
>>61220537
okay its t b h and f a m filters to desu senpai

didn't know it did that lol

also

see quote from the guy who basically invented quantum physics

>>61220593
>>
>>61220477
Hate to break it to you, Christfriend, but our religion is slowly dying in the world at large.
>>
>>61220466
Christianity is on par with Islam, the difference is that Islam has more radicals than Christians, but Christian radicals are just as bad.
>>
>>61220394
>>61220065
>Before there was a universe there was strict rules exactly the same as the universe so G-d must have done it
[citation needed] rabbi
>>
>>61220411
>birth rate goes down
>Merkel decides to import sand niggers
>Germany becomes a brown nation after 50 years
oh wait
>>
>>61220349

> The universe can't create itself.

Says who, you? No one knows what happened before the big bang. Making up shit doesn't help.


> Done.

As in you have no answer.

> Something outside of yourself created you.

My mom and dad bumping uglies.

> Same applies to anything that needs to be created.

Same applies to all things after time comes into existence.

You still have a sore lack of evidence and are chock full of bold and non-humbling assertions.
>>
>>61220679
christianity has large growth in poorer places but in richer places it is declining
>>
>>61220696

I'm starting to think all that tourist cum has seeped into your brain.
>>
>>61220679
global atheist % actually dropped last year

even fucking Dawkins is now spouting about the benefits of Christianity to civilization

people are getting increasingly tired of overplayed liberal degeneracy and sandnigger enroachment

we're set on a comeback if anything, DEUS VULT.
>>
>>61220579
>still getting butthurt
I'm pointing out how you were spotted, moshe. I'm acting in good faith so that you might hide your identity and lose credibility in future threads.

But if you want me to refute your point moshe, fine
>before the universe there was a strict set of rules just like the universe
Literally why is there any reason to assume this is true moshe?
>>
>>61220696
You still haven't explained to me how you can be so certain that your kike of a god is this creator
>>
File: 1448689496104.png (461 KB, 640x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448689496104.png
461 KB, 640x1000
>>61220413
Would you take what the Bible says about it as satisfactory?

Revelations 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.


If you are on my side, you can do the research, there are much more detailed answers out there. More than I can convey in a post on 4chan.

>>61220454
Yeah, I know familia. It's just sad.

>>61220487
topkek. Since you are entertaining the idea of my deity all science and medicine comes from that deity, as we are the Lord's creation and all knowledge is given to us by the Lord's doing.

I'll give you an F. I recommend you go back to the kiddy pool at reddit.
>>
>>61220213
Good
I'm just making sure Christians realize there religion is falling same as the rest of the west and is not some refuge
>>
>>61220852
>Literally why is there any reason to assume this is true moshe?

There isn't you absolute retard, the person I was responding to implied it.

Did you miss my meme arrows?

>Americans in charge of reading
>>
>>61220669

> Appel to authority without evidence.

Please tell us what it says at the bottom. Open our minds oh enlighten and gullible one.
>>
>>61220759
Says the laws of physics reddit kid. Go back.
>>
Its not a meme. I'm a christian and will be one forever. We have to unite against the degeneracy that is the world
>>
>>61220894

> topkek. Since you are entertaining the idea of my deity all science and medicine comes from that deity, as we are the Lord's creation and all knowledge is given to us by the Lord's doing

It's kind of kinky that you call him your Lord. I was always fascinated by the cult father figure that is the forefront of Christianity. Problem is you haven't proven your boyfriend exists. Which means nothing gets to be 'his' creation.
>>
>>61220843
>not addressing the actual argument
:^)

anyway since a jew like you is butthurt about it I guess that's a great endorsement to promote Christianity

>>61220874
because seeing every prosperous benevolent human nations are based on Christianity and they only started going to shit after turning their back on God.

Are you conceding that there is a Creator now at the very least?
>>
>>61220894
It isn't satisfactory to a disbeliever or a skeptic. No argument I've seen is satisfactory from that viewpoint, and I kind of resent it being presented as if it will change minds. It's like an argument I read in a theological book once (I think it was partially an analysis of Luke?) that stated that Jesus was god because he died for our sins. He did, yes, but how is that proof that he's god, even if only god can forgive sins? It pre-supposes belief and/or assumes spiritual events skeptics won't accept before proof has been provided.
>>
>>61220988

Flattery will get you no where. That's not a response and I'm sorry that you don't understand your own apologetics.
>>
>>61221083
This is maybe the fifth time I am saying it ITT: I AM NOT AN ATHEIST. I just hate semitic monotheism.
>>
Why it's always atheism related with SJW and liberalism? I don't believe in religion and I hate faggots, I hate niggers coming to my country an also I don't like the situation on Europe. I love my family, I like to help people when I can, I don't need a religion to be a good person.
>>
>>61219897
>Roman empire went to hell welcoming in massive amounts of unassimilariable immigrants
Watch any credible lecture or talk to any credible historian and they will tell you the exact opposite. Rome fell for a number of reason but mass immigration was not one of them
> and its twin went down fighting Muslims
Ironically enough if it wasn't for the Christian crusader who sacked Constantinople it would've lasted longer being a Bulwark against the East.
>Christianity was welcomed in both because it was seen as inevitable and because paganism had totally lost all credibility
No it wasn't you stupid nigger Constantine saw Christianity as a means to an end to secure and maintain his power nothing more nothing less. He couldn't have cared less about Christianity. Even after his death you had Pagan emperors trying to fix the damage Constantine had done.
>>
>>61214965
Not everything is a meme, you dip
>>
>>61221247
Almost all SJW's and liberals are atheists, but not all atheists are SJW's and liberals. However, since the former is true, atheists are often lumped in with SJW's and whatnot.
>>
>>61221159
I like how you ignore what my post was actually about.

Physics say so. That has nothing to do with Apologetics.

It's common knowledge in the scientific world that something can't come from nothing.

Yet you had the audacity to question this simple fact of life because of what it was used to explain.

Come back when you aren't 17 anymore.

All you do is move the goal posts.

>hur dur you say everything needs to be created so what about God

We explain that God wasn't created.

So you go on to well you didn't even prove he exists hur durrrrr
>>
>>61220943

I don't claim to be super smart or anything of the sort, but to play the formal logic game while using ad hominum and strawman isn't the way to go about proving your point, but then again I'm taking the bait so maybe it is

and for what its worth, logic was probably my least favorite class I did enjoy stats and my finance classes though.

also I'm okay without knowing 100%

besides as someone who liked stats pascals wager has an effect on me personally
>>
>>61214994
Man, I can't wait for Fat Tuesday.
I fucking love paczki day.
>>
>>61221247
Frankfurt school pushed them all
>>
>>61215704
This.
>>
>>61221247
Undermining western values.
>>
>>61214965
dat booty looks fake

an no we have always been here.
>>
>>61221386
Yeah, but I really hope this one is, but judging by some of the sheep here idk.
>>
>>61220943
Maybe if you were smart enough to graduate high school you would get accepted into a good school and you would learn that for yourself.

But considering you are the biggest kind of idiot, I don't see that happening. So sad for you.
>>
File: 1452993583110.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452993583110.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
Who Zen here?
>>
>>61221550
It's not a meme.

You're just a fool.
>>
>>61221617
Tell me more about this "Buddha" who made that exceedingly wise quote.
>>
>>61221668
You're the fool I am only a slave of the one with horns.
>>
>>61221605

> As many ad hominems as I can stuff.

I'm a senior in college and I'll have my Masters soon after that. Does that make my point more or less valid? I think you should look in the mirror long and hard.

> Fuck off and give evidence.
>>
File: 1452963480354.jpg (68 KB, 720x529) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452963480354.jpg
68 KB, 720x529
Haven't been paying attention to the boring shit but it seems like you guys need this meme:

Also, more feminine trannies? If only to piss off the sensitive people.
>>
>>61221809
Ironic b8 post I hope.

Well played mememagic friend.

Your country is still garbage and you along with it.
>>
>>61220690

Lol no. You don't categorise one genocide as 'just as bad' as another if the first killed twice as many people as the second; why would it vary here? Furthermore, the Christian radicals that you speak of exist in FAR smaller numbers, and the Christian moderates are much more open that the mudslimes. Someone pull up that blue graph circulated around here.
>>
>>61221617
Whites can't be Buddhists though. They lack the collectivist autism for it. It's always the 420 namaste hippie faggots who adopt it to seem enlightened and one with the universe.
>>
>>61221866
Sure you will.

As I said, the biggest kind of idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1631x1571
>>61221872
Saved.
>>
>>61221895
Your religion is garbage, friend, I'll remember you when I go burning churches later.
>>
>>61216192
No true Scotsman
>>
File: 1449192297856.png (957 KB, 1960x1044) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449192297856.png
957 KB, 1960x1044
>>61221917
>>
>>61221456

Pascal wagers doesn't take into account the billions of other deities.
>>
File: 1452569984612.jpg (556 KB, 1464x1665) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452569984612.jpg
556 KB, 1464x1665
>>61221917
>>
>>61220759
>No one knows what happened before the big bang.

and yet here you are supremely confident that there is no God in spite of this.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 373x327) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 373x327
>>61221996
>>
>>61221996
Have fun when you realize I was right.

See you later.
>>
>>61221917
Half your post was just rephrasing what I said
>>
>>61221976

So what you're saying is. You still don't have evidence for a deity? Thanks for playing anyway.
>>
>>61220943
The thing is, we dont know what it says at the bottom. It is very mysterious and therefore leaves a lot of room for philosophical/religious pondering.

So, mystery --> God
>>
>>61222023
>>61222067

Thanks, salad burgers.
>>
>>61214965
Society has become so depraved that becoming Christian, marrying one woman (if you're a man), and raising a family is the only way left to rebel.
>>
>>61222089
So?
>>
>>61222089

> people in a literal cult calling people edgy.

Drink his blood more maybe?
>>
>>61222040
>billions

>I'm a senior in college about to get my Masters

topkekekekekekekekekekekekekekke
>>
>>61222149
Why salad?
>>
>>61222112

Difference is that it isn't an argument in your favour you autistic retard.
>>
>>61222147

We have a word for mystery, mystery. Taking powerful metaphorical stories and accepting them as literal truths is harmful for society.
>>
>>61222190

You know, because you're a leaf.
>>
>>61222155
Which church do you plan to burn? :^)
>>
>>61216192
How to do you pretend to be a christian? You follow the word of the bible and do it to the best of your ability. We aren't perfect and neither is your science
>>
>>61222114
Define evidence.

Empirical evidence?

Forensic evidence?

What kind of evidence do you want?

Do you want logical proofs?

Have fun in high school kiddie.

Maybe you will eventually learn something.

The universe itself is evidence of a creator because of causality.
>>
>>61222204
You just didn't understand it to begin with, I was saying both are theoretically as bad, its just the people that practise it that are the difference
>>
File: 1450418161780.jpg (85 KB, 672x456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450418161780.jpg
85 KB, 672x456
>>61222163
>cult
>BUZZWORDS BUZZWORDS IF I USE ENOUGH BUZZWORDS THEY LOOK LIKE THEYRE SILLY
Hello, autist.
>>
>>61222040
If you were educated about the wager, you'd know that it wasn't meant to prove the Abrahamic God specifically. It isn't even meant to necessarily be interpreted as the "WELL IF YOU'RE RIGHT THEN NOTHING BUT WRONG THEN HELL" shit that fedoras think it is; it's a thought process that's about putting personal belief on following the laws of the deity you believe in.
>>
>>61222225
Ohhh.
>>
>>61222224
>Taking powerful metaphorical stories and accepting them as literal truths is harmful for society.

and yet our societies were literally founded on the practice and did nothing but prosper for doing so. While we attempt to create a new society founded upon the rejection of the literal truth of powerful metaphorical stories and slip into decline.
>>
>>61222163
>religion is a cult

Hi 12 year old me
>>
>>61222114
>babby's first high school debate course
Maybe actually read texts on philosophy and rhetoric if you're so enlightened.

Then come back and apologize for being a sophomoric moron.
>>
>>61222314
Can I have some empirical evidence to use in future threads? Preferably in the form of images, but if not it's fine.
>>
>>61222409

Doesn't matter which is theocratically worse. I tend to focus on reality, and you, as an atheist, should too.
>>
File: 1390089203366.jpg (559 KB, 1280x1001) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1390089203366.jpg
559 KB, 1280x1001
>>
>>61222454
He is actually mentally retarded I think. Don't bother with him fampai.
>>
>>61222224
I'm pretty sure high profile physicists don't take the bible or quran or whatever book literally without scepticism. Scientifically, there is a fair case for deism for instance, even the biggest fedoratippers can't deny that.

Most religious scientists fall under casual religion and are not zealous or irrational. It can coexist with science definitely.

It becomes a problem when they impose their religious values on science.
>>
>>61222511
I'm not an atheist
>>
>>61222167

> billions

There's technically an infinite amount of deities that could exist. I'm noticing about as much evidence for yours as all the rest of them.

> topkekekekekekekekekekekekekekke

Speaking of not being legal yet. Only twelve-year-olds care about how old you are in an online board. I'm almost thirty so please keep calling me a little; it'll only turn me on more.
>>
>>61215021
That accounts for more than just Christians though.
>>
>>61222509
Empirical evidence of what?
>>
>>61217573
>promoting stupid reddit maymays about muh contrarianism
Just kill yourself
>>
>>61222589
The existence of a creator of this universe.
>>
>>61222566
>There's technically an infinite amount of deities that could exist.
How so?
>>
4chan is owned by a devout -Jap-, I mean atheist
>>
God chose the Jewish, judean, Hebrew people to show HIS power. The Jewish people were, if you look through history, not that great, every nation kicked them out of their place yet they still rose to such great heights, why? Because God told them to believe in me an I promise your children an your childrens children's an future descendants would never fail an they will be safe. This is what Christians know because it is in the BIBLE, IF YOU WOULD JUST READ but no you would rather stay ignorant an just blame the jews Or blame whatever you want your afraid of the truth, why do the jews stay at top when everyone sees how the world is because GOD never breaks promises, the BIBLE explains thing's very clear but your afraid because things in this world have proving to you other wide to not put faith in anything, but GOD NEVER breaks promises
>>
>>61222566
>there's technically an infinite amount that can exist

>yet insists that none exist

What a joke.
>>
File: 1452822998026.png (34 KB, 732x606) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452822998026.png
34 KB, 732x606
>>61221991
Have another neu-meme friend.
>>
>>61222566
>it'll only turn me on more.
Paedophile confirmed :^)
>>
>>61222650
Provide empirical evidence that there isn't.

>hurr I can't see it so it doesn't exist
That isn't evidence.
>>
TO BELIEVE IN HIM,**

I meant*
>>
>>61214965
*considers replying something serious*
*checks flag*
Nevermind
>>
>>61216527
those are really only christians in the loosest sense

they don't agree with the bible and don't really give a shit if you're not a christian

>>61222576
undoubtedly, but it applies to christians on a large scale
>>
>>61222810
provide empirical evidence that I don't have a magic unicorn next to me, retard

that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
>>
>>61222650
Aquinas' 5 ways are a good start.

Casuality proves there is a necessary creator.
>>
>>61222984
not empircal evidence
>>
>>61222984
Thanks! I'll look that up tomorrow when I have some more time to read.
>>
>>61216754
This desu
>>
>>61222463

Anyone under twenty-five is probably an idiot to begin with. Nice attempt at an insult and yet still not an arugment.

>>61222482

> babby's first high school debate course

I wish people like you actually paid attention in high school.

> Maybe actually read texts on philosophy and rhetoric if you're so enlightened.

Then after you actually read the Torah, the New Testament and the Koran you can see for yourself why Yahweh is such a douche bag?

> Then come back and apologize for being a sophomoric moron.

I despise people like you. The ones who pretend to be humble when they can't even admit their own ignorance.

You can't see before the big bang, new friend. Your Thomas Aquinas won't save you.
>>
>>61222941
He was just shifting the burden of proof.

Which is not what you do. You should have known that.

The question is what would be accepted for evidence?

We have the Bible. We have historical recordings of first hand accounts of people who said they saw the resurrection of Jesus. We have causality. We have the 5 ways.

We have multiple logical proofs.

Unfortunately all you people want is God to come down and give you His autograph before you believe.
>>
>>61220593
>Yeah... because Newton and Bacon weren't responsible for the most important scientific advancements.
Fucking idiot, If it wasn't for Newton's religious beliefs he would've done more.
Newton invented Calculus on a dare basically but when he decided to bask in the majesty of God and no longer ponder questions to how the Universe worked preservation theory took another hundred years to be invented. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian but when you try to use God as an answer to scientific questions then it becomes scientifically pernicious because it distract people away from the hard work of answering scientific questions. It's just too easy to say oh God did it therefore we don't need to answer it.
>Harvard, Cambridge,
and my I ask which Ivy league school you went to? The same Ivy league schools I bet you shit on for being SJW factories and bastions of degeneracy but now you hold to such high esteem.
>>
>>61223039
The 5 way are empirical as what they assert can be repeated.

Casuality are laws of physics.

Something can't come from nothing.
>>
>>61215863
>>61216108
>>61216243
>>61216740
>>61216809

See you at Armageddon.
>>
>>61215998
Exactly. Bunch of vape toking cock smokers.
>>
>>61223161
>The question is what would be accepted for evidence?
good question

it's almost as if god is an illogical concept

>We have the Bible.

fairytales are proof of dragons of course

>We have historical recordings of first hand accounts of people who said they saw the resurrection of Jesus.
"historical" "first hand" accounts, right

>We have causality.
so who created god?

>We have the 5 ways.

not evidence
>>
>>61222680

Without evidence any which way we have no idea what the probability of one to infinite amount of deities existing is.

>>61222696

> There's technically an infinite amount that can exist

> yet insists that none exist

I'm not insisting a deity doesn't exist I'm pointing out there's no evidence for any of them.

>>61222776

Children have no hips, no ass, no toned chest and no experience. What a fucking waste of time and ew.
>>
>>61223272
You can't prove that so your post is meaningless.

Cambridge and Harvard don't accept any of the crap happening at Yale.

It was also many years ago when it actually mattered.

Aside from your rant do you actually have anything you want to say?
>>
>>61222941
>that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
hence the whole faith thing anon
You have to WANT to believe in God, you have to realize there is no evidence either way and you have the power to choose what you believe.

You cannot physically find God in the Universe, because God is not a part of the Universe, nor can you come to understand God by dismantling the universe into it's constituent parts, anymore so than you learn to understand your best friend by dissecting them with a scalpel.
>>
>>61223281
>The 5 way are empirical as what they assert can be repeated
no, they aren't

"things move, therefore a wizard did it" isn't empirical evidence

>Something can't come from nothing.

so where did god come from?
>>
>>61223448
>no evidence either way
there aren't "two ways"

there's one: is there evidence of god?

there isn't
>>
>>61223323
The first piece of pottery ever discovered depicted dinosaurs. But they just got lucky and happened to replicate something almost to the dot that they never laid eyes on sure thing m8.

Yes, historical first hand accounts.

God has always existed.

Logical proofs that cannot be refuted.
>>
>>61223316
>vape toking cock smiokers
topkek, I'll have to use that sometime.
>>
>>61223357
Then why do you propose there could be an infinite amount of them "technically" you dummy

WOULDN'T THAT BE ILLOGICAL BECAUSE THERE IS NO EVIDENCE?

Initiate back peddle 3000 mode
>>
I'm a drunk as fuck retard who majored in History.
I know all about the Roman Empire and the early Christian church.

You want to know about the origins of Christianity?
No one can really believe this shit is real if you know how it evolved through time.
>>
File: F080724AH02.jpg (88 KB, 702x394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
F080724AH02.jpg
88 KB, 702x394
>>61219184
>dat thirsty ass niggalickin his lips
>>
>>61223534
There is.

>>61223471
No religion says God was created.

Seriously how old are you and what do you even know about Religion?

God is the means to all creation and has always been.
>>
>>61222891
>those are really only christians in the loosest sense
>they don't agree with the bible and don't really give a shit if you're not a christian

sounds like /pol/
>>
>>61223738
>No religion says God was created.
Zeus was born to Kronos.
And Odin was born to Bor.
>>
>>61223272
>It's just too easy to say oh God did it therefore we don't need to answer it.

but we don't need to answer it, the mysteries of the universe are a meaningless intellectual curiosity nothing more. The more questions you find the answer to the more questions you discover, it never ends.

It's certainly an interesting diversion but in the end none of it really matters. What difference does it make at the end of the day whether people think the sun is a gargantuan fusion reaction or a flaming chariot?
>>
>>61223304

Two-thousand years and counting. Actually, humanities been at it for about a hundred thousand years! What a crazy wild ride it's been.
>>
>>61223559
>The first piece of pottery ever discovered depicted dinosaurs. But they just got lucky and happened to replicate something almost to the dot that they never laid eyes on sure thing m8.

oh the ica stones

no proof that they're legitimate in the scientific or academic communities

>Yes, historical first hand accounts.
massively edited, retranslated "first hand accounts," sure

people have "historical first hand accounts" of bigfoot and the easter bunny too, you believe that shit?

>God has always existed.

this is incompatible with "something can't come from nothing"

>Logical proofs that cannot be refuted.
"logical proofs" that don't prove the existence of god, you mean
>>
I really hope its a meme. Being religious is the definition of blue-pilled.
>>
Jesus was a representation of the sun, in a primitive worship just the the other sun deities
Thats why he had a halo behind his head, he was literally the sun..
"The Son of god"- The sun.

12 deciples, the 12 constellations.
3 kings visited him on his "birth"-Orians belt etc.
>>
>>61223805
>believing in pagan gods
>>
>>61223858
Fun fact: Early Christians believed that that Rapture was just around the fucking corner.
I guess God missed the memo
>>
>>61223805
WHO CREATED KRONOS THOUGH
>>
>>61223738
>There is.
there isn't.
>God is the means to all creation and has always been.
>Something can't come from nothing.
pick one
>>
>>61223652
You transgender.

Are you submitting cutting edge scholarly findings to the greatest minds in academia? Or working at McDonald's?
>>
>>61223630

What to say there isn't an infinite amount of deities? We have no evidence either which way. Maybe it takes seventeen deities specifically to create one universe.
>>
>>61223885
>Being religious is the definition of blue-pilled
>meanwhile true blue-pills are running around having fun with their spaghetti monster
>>
>>61214965
What gets me is that I can understand people practicing and hoping a religion is real, but I can't believe anyone honestly believes it's true by any reasoning in their mind. Every time anyone is asked to justify why they believe, they just shrug and give a non-answer. If you're not already a "believer" it's literally impossible to believe since there's no way to rationalize a belief in magic without evidence to support it.
>>
>>61223903
>Don’t let it escape your notice, dear friends, that with the Lord a single day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a single day. The Lord isn’t slow to keep his promise, as some think of slowness, but he is patient toward you, not wanting anyone to perish but all to change their hearts and lives.
>>
>>61223357
>Without evidence any which way we have no idea what the probability of one to infinite amount of deities existing is.

Where are these infinite gods coming from anon? Are you making them up in your head?

If so then logically they can't be God can they, since you just made them up. So obviously the only gods that could possibly be a contender for legitimacy are the ones that were believed in before the intervention of the imagination of modern man, which narrows the field considerably I think.
>>
>believing in Christ
>this angers the atheist
I'm not shocked, or I shouldn't be but I am.
>>
>>61223963
I will have you know, good sir, that it requires exactly eighteen and seven-eighths of a deity to create a single universe.
>>
>>61223534
So since you have no evidence of something it does not exist is what you are saying?

I don't think that's so anon.
>>
>>61224090
So wait, are you saying that there was ever a point in human history where people lacked the ability to imagine things and make things up?
>>
>>61224159
see:>>61222941
>>
>>61223893
Get that Zeitgeist shit out of here.
Most of those are inaccurate. Isis, for example, was definitely not a virgin.

Jesus was not a modified solar deity.

However, that doesn't mean that Christianity didn't incorporate a shit ton of contemporary religious symbology.

Christianity is the first true cosmopolitan religion. It started from the bottom and worked its way up, snagging bits of shit from everyone it passed through.

The Halo is a remnant of the solar disk is Greek art, which itself is a remnant of the solar disk is Egyptian art.
It's multilevel derivative.

Remember that Christianity for the formative years was a primarily Greek religion. The first language of the New Testament was Greek.

The three Magi has nothing to do with Orion's belt, by the way.
>>
>>61223882
Yet they are recognized in both of those communities.

It seems you think I'm talking about the Bible, which I am not. Also, prove they are edited.

No it's not.

God didn't come into existence. God was always there. Works fine.

No, they do. That's why they are called logical proofs.
>>
>>61223935
>there isn't.
prove it.

>God is the means to all creation and has always been.
>Something can't come from nothing.
>pick one

you are assuming a God cannot be nothing
>>
>>61223893
Zeitgeist was full of lies and deceit. Neither jesus nor horus nor mithra nor dionysus were born on the same day (nor any on december 25). I don't know about the other false gods but Dionysus was definitely not born of a virgin, but was conceived by zeus.
>>
>>61224260
>Yet they are recognized in both of those communities.
as being fake, yeah

>It seems you think I'm talking about the Bible, which I am not. Also, prove they are edited.

there's a reason we call it the "king james edition"

>No it's not.

yes it is, if something can't come from nothing, where did god come from?

>God didn't come into existence. God was always there. Works fine.
but he can't have always been there because he had to have come from something, since nothing can come from something

>No, they do. That's why they are called logical proofs.

but they don't, and they're not, except by idiots
>>
>>61224285
>prove it.
>prove a negative
christfags, everyone

>you are assuming a God cannot be nothing

oh I'm fairly certain god is nothing
>>
>>61224203
No I'm saying that while those ancient Gods could certainly be the product of some fertile ancient imagination we cannot definitively say that they were. While on the other hand we can definitively say that any hypothetical god that you choose to imagine is strictly a product of your imagination.
>>
>>61224487
>can't prove a negative
>claims no God exists

so you can't prove there is not a God?
yet you claim that there isn't one
>>
>>61224487
By nothing, he meant metaphysical.
>>
>>61217298
>keep your beliefs out of other people's business.
right after you faggot
>>
>>61224090

> Where are these infinite gods coming from anon? Are you making them up in your head?

Who knows where they are? Have you seen any lately because if you even talk to a single one I'd like to know.

> If so then logically they can't be God can they, since you just made them up.

They would exist or not regardless of whether anyone thought of them. The question is; why is there no evidence for any deities?
>>
>>61224601
see:>>61222941

>>61224608
>christfags in charge of bringing the bantz
>>
>>61224601

So you're admitting there's no positive proof for theism?
>>
>>61224323
I forgot about Dionysus.
Let me tell you about his "birth".

So Zeus was cruising Earth, looking for sweet human broads to ream.
He comes across a cutie and takes human form.
He tells her that he's Zeus in human form, and she has to pretty much fuck her.
Hera sees this however, and gets jealous.
So she comes down to Earth as an old woman in the young woman's entourage.
She tells the girl that if the man (Zeus) is really a god, she must make him swear to show her his true form. Specifically, the girl must make him swear by the river Styx.

So, after fucking, the girl asks the man (who is Zeus) to promise her something on the river Styx. Zeus is smoking his cigarette and is like sure baby whatever.
She tells him to reveal his true form.
Zeus goes "Oh shit", and because an oath on Styx is unbreakable, actually does it.
He goes full God.
The girl burns up in the awe of seeing his true form.
Zeus, in his pity, takes the fetus and sews it into his leg.
A few months later, out pops baby Dionysus, who Hera exiles to a lonely mountain.

But that's another tale
>>
>>61224637
the concept of infinite gods is retarded. Christian
God is of another kind than any other creature, so multiples of it could not even exist. That's the point of monotheism, it's of another kind than anything in the universe.
>>
>>61224669
believe what you want faggot, we all going to be judge at the end
>>
>>61224397
Some stones are definitely forged that doesn't prove that all of them are fake.

I'm not talking about the Bible, did you even read?

>>61224397
God wasn't created holy shit.

Hahahaha. I am now remembering why I don't waste time with you anymore, I let my /pol/ friends do it.

But to argue like you, yes they do, and they are, except to retards like you.
>>
>>61224516
I don't see why any claim would be given more clout simply for being old. If something can be imagined today it could be imagined then, and it makes sense that there are thousands of different types of gods and creation stories as a result of humans having strong imaginations. Find any tribe that's not had contact with the modern world and the majority of the time they'll have some form of belief in magic (though this is not 100%, as there have been tribes found with independently generated secular beliefs who think it's just nature. No god needed)
>>
>>61224207
That's not the way that works anon.
The fact that we did not have evidence to support the existence of the Marianas trench prior to it's discover does not mean that it did not exist prior that.

Not unless you want to go down some very weird and anti-scientific metaphysical roads anyway.
>>
>>61224753
amen.
>>
>>61224601
Can you prove that any other god isn't real? You are in-fact claiming other gods do not exist, right?
>>
>>61224753
Amen.
>>
>>61224669
Unicorns are not known to be omnipotent, retard.

your argument completely dismantled itself.
>>
>>61223433
>You can't prove that so your post is meaningless.
Obviously you never done Math beyond Calculus. If you look at Pierre-Simon Laplace's work and compare it to Newton's you can see it would've been crumbs for Newton.
>Cambridge and Harvard don't accept any of the crap happening at Yale.
It was also many years ago when it actually mattered.
Just looked into it and I'll give you that one. However what do you think of all those scientist, physicists engineers, etc etc who've come out of their that don't believe in God? Are they just retards who've felt for the atheist meme? What makes your cherry picked lot so special that they see beyond that.
Like I said before the rise and spread of Christianity isn't tangible to scientific advancement.
>>
>>61224820
but why would anyone accept that the trench exists on faith until someone demonstrated that it existed? Can I believe in imaginary volcanoes on the off-chance one happens to actually exist somewhere?
>>
>>61224753

I would hope he sends me to hell as fast as possible. If Yahweh is the person he says he is in the bible than I'll be judging him.
>>
>>61224753
spoopy

>>61224767
>Some stones are definitely forged that doesn't prove that all of them are fake.
special pleading

>I'm not talking about the Bible, did you even read?

did you even see those firsthand accounts of bigfoot?

>God wasn't created holy shit.
then where did he come from? something can't come from nothing, as you say

>But to argue like you, yes they do, and they are, except to retards like you.
nope.

>>61224820
right but if someone told you that the marianas trench existed and you asked how they know, if they threw their hands up in the air and started talking about wizards, you'd probably think they'd hit their head fairly hard
>>
>>61224897

I have an omnipotent unicorn though. You just can't see it.
>>
>>61224897
it's a MAGIC unicorn goofus
>christfags in charge of knowing about magic
shoulda read harry potter
>>
>>61225052
>magic wizards in harry potter are omnipotent

its like you've never read the book
>>
>>61224637
I'm not asking you physically where they are coming from anon. I'm asking you who these infinite Gods are.

If you have to mentally make up a god then logically it isn't God since you literally just made it up, unless you also believe you are capable of mentally willing things into existence. In which case clearly you think that it's actually you that's God, and obviously have some mental issues.

This isn't complicated anon.
>>
>>61225036
then it might exist. you best be a good little boy so it will appear at night and let you rub out its horn
>>
>>61225009
The idea of "something coming from nothing" applies to matter, not metaphysical entities. Some people in this thread seem to accept this, while others don't.
>>
>>61225176
What if it's not his imagination, but a god inspiring the knowledge into his mind? That's how the Bible was supposedly written.
>>
>>61223823
>The more questions you find the answer to the more questions you discover, it never ends.
If that's the case than I can argue that God is an ever retreating one becoming more obsolete with each new discovery.
>What difference does it make at the end of the day whether people think the sun is a gargantuan fusion reaction or a flaming chariot?
I think it matter allot if you're a scientist or an engineer. You know the people who are literally building the future for you chrittards
>>
>>61225119
you're clearly reading the King James harry potter
>>
>>61225212
What established that metaphysics even exist and what supports the assertion that metaphysical beings can create universes from nothing?
>>
>>61224912
That lot that comes out that don't believe generally don't do anything major.
>>
>>61225242
Next-level bantz.
>>
>>61225180

I know it exists because I have 'faith.'

I also rub his horn day and night don't you worry.
>>
>>61224712
zeus is definitely not a virgin, so my point stands. Neat that the greeks were creative, though
>>
>>61225212
>The idea of "something coming from nothing" applies to matter, not metaphysical entities
but why though
>>
>>61224800
You're still not getting it anon.
It's simple rudimentary logic.

You cannot prove that ancient gods you personally did not think of are the products of ancient imagination. It is certainly logical to claim they probably are the product of ancient imagination but you cannot PROVE it.

On the other hand you can conclusively prove that anything that you consciously imagine was in fact a product of your imagination.

See the way that works?
Maybe imaginary vs. Definitely imaginary
>>
>>61225009
That's not special pleading lmfao

I won't take any evidence of you being real other than seeing you. Therefore you don't exist right now.

God always existed.

If it has always existed it never comes into being you retard.
>>
>>61225242
>reading the New International Harry Potter
>they changed it so that dumbledore is killed by snape

worst version t.bh
>>
>>61225315
When I say metaphysical, I am referring to the fact that God is a deity who doesn't manifest himself in the form of physical matter. Perhaps I am using the wrong term. Anyways, I'm not trying to say that God created the universe. The universe has always existed, as has God.
>>
>>61225437
How do you distinguish divinely inspired knowledge and imagination? You can't prove something was just imagination today any more than then if you're willing to believe in the possibility of magical knowledge.
>>
>>61225470
Why can't the universe have always existed in some form?
>>
>>61224973
It doesn't matter.
They choose to do so and while you can certainly call them foolish for believing in something without evidence, to claim that you know that what they believe in does not exist makes you equally foolish if not more so. At least they acknowledge their belief is rooted in faith rather than facts.
>>
>>61224973
>Can I believe in imaginary volcanoes on the off-chance one happens to actually exist somewhere?

Feel free, I'm not going to stop you.
>>
>>61225600
I don't claim it doesn't exist. I claim there's no good reason to assume it does.
>>
>>61225530
So... what reason is there to assume a god exists (as assumption is what belief/faith is) if he doesn't interact with matter.
>>
>>61225009
>if they threw their hands up in the air and started talking about wizards, you'd probably think they'd hit their head fairly hard

At this point in my life I think everybody is crazy and the whole world is mad. So as long as they're not physically threatening me I don't care what they believe.
>>
>>61214965
>It's a meme right?

no.
>>
>>61225657
but that doesn't make what I believe true. That's the point. If what I believe has no basis and I might simply be lucky about what I get right, what purpose was there believing it in the first place?
>>
>>61225657
well the problem is that if it exist and you dont believe, when the things happens you will be blind to them, are you taking your chances?
>>
>>61225587
We know that it hasn't.
>>
>>61225892
But there are so many other religions that say the same thing about you needing to believe theirs to get it. How did you choose one.
>>
>>61225470
yeah it is
>these stones are clearly fakes
>b-but some of them might be real!

>I won't take any evidence of you being real other than seeing you. Therefore you don't exist right now.

maybe I don't. maybe I'm just an AI program. but here you have some evidence

>humans exist (you do)
>humans communicate via text (you again)
>the odds of random gibberish becoming coherent for so long on your computer are fairly slim
>as far as you are aware such advanced AI does not exist yet

so you have very strong evidence that I have to exist in some shape or form, unlike god, which has no evidence of existence

this is excepting the view of pure solipsism, in which case god still doesn't exist because all of reality doesn't exist outside of your perception
>>
>>61225235
We are not talking about a specific god but the concept of infinite gods. If he is not consciously deciding to create this god with his mind then it's outside the purview of this line of argument.
>>
>>61225952
We know there was an expansion event that led to where we are now, but we know nothing about what was before it. It could have still been more universe forever.
>>
>>61225319
I'm not talking about the average IVY league STEM graduate. I'm talking about the overwhelmingly non creationists big name scientist that have come out over the past few centuries. Most were Christians in name alone they didn't believe in your bronze age version of god but that parted the Red Sea or smite the philistines but in the god of Spinoza. A god of mathematics, beauty, and elegance.
Who knows maybe there is some prime mover in the Universe but an invisible sky daddy that listens to you and intervenes in people's affairs, very unlikely and highly laughable.
>>
>>61225952
Not true.
There is nothing that doesn't disprove cyclical expansion and compression.

Besides, it doesn't matter.

"Always" doesn't matter.

Time is a property of our universe.
Before our universe there was no time and therefore "no before".

Time is as intrinsic to our universe as distance.
Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 32
Thread DB ID: 453995



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.