[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
That's a pretty dank Facebook maymay....
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 46
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 529x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 529x720
That's a pretty dank Facebook maymay. Any Krauts confirm?
>>
>>61189600

The government used heavily subsized alternative energy as an excuse to shut down a few ancient NPPs that people had been protesting for decades at this point.
>>
>>61189600
russia, they get their energy from russia.
>>
Nuclear energy IS alternative energy...
>>
>>61189600

germany buys all their power from france now, who invests in nuclear power
>>
File: Germany power.png (92 KB, 1603x523) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Germany power.png
92 KB, 1603x523
>>61189600
Only problem is their solar shit is fucking 2%. They are just eating more oil that is coming out of Russia
>>
They use coal
>>
>>61189600
It was a big subsidy scam.
The government reverted the decision do to subsidize solar power last year.
It turned out to be a big pile of shit and now there are derelict solar plants littering the landscape.
Thanks Obama!
>>
Why are people always trying to take nuclear energy off the table. Maybe the pressurized U-235 reactors are a bad idea but that doesn't mean that all nuclear energy is a bad idea.

The fact is, you need a fuck ton of space to run any energy operation that isn't nuclear or fossil fuel based.

Space that destroys natural habitats and wildlife.
>>
>>61189892
Europe is not as viable for solar as America is.
>>
>>61189830
this t.bh f.am
>>
>>61189600
Nuclear is clean. They should be shutting down plants that burn fossil fuels.
>>
>>61189600
nuclear is the single best energy source on the planet and i'm sorry it isn't yuppie enough for all the camp metrosexual pets of syrians who call berlin their capital
>>
>>61189600

They get it from russian fossil gas, soon they will import electricity from Poland. Germany got climate cucked, solar power in northern europe is laughable.
>>
>>61189600
Yes we are buying it from france now, they build new plants at our border.
>>
>>61189600
>Meanwhile in germany they re opened their coal mines (because nuclear is made by evil french) making germany the worst polluter in europe.
>>
>>61189975
No shit but, faggot leftist have no fucking understanding of this because most are just suburbia bastards who think living in Portland gives them a understanding on environments of Germany or Sweden for finding viable energy.
>>
>>61189600
Coal.
>>
>>61189951
Because nuclear has become some kind of negative buzzword used by leftists. They can't comprehend anything beyond that, and the only talking points they can bring up is "B-BUT MUH CHERNOBYL, MUH FUKUSHIMA, MUH YUCCA MOUNTAIN"

Like everything these days, it's all about appeal to emotion.
>>
File: common pepe.jpg (45 KB, 709x765) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
common pepe.jpg
45 KB, 709x765
>>61189975
neither is america
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-up-all-the-energy-from-the-sun-a6771526.html
>>
File: 12575642313.gif (2 MB, 350x262) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
12575642313.gif
2 MB, 350x262
>>61189600
>shutting down nuclear plants because of solar farms
Nice to know we've learned to harness sunlight from the fucking moon.
>>
>>61189600
as far as i know, most of germany power production was made by oil and bituminous coal power station, which are the dirtiest ways of producing electricity

>in 2014 35% were produced by oil power stations and 12.6% by coal and 20.4% by natural gas

only 11.1% were produced by renewable sources and 8.1% by nuklear power

tl;dr version - that was all Shills

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_Germany
>>
>>61189600
Bullshit.
We shut down some power plants and are now importing expensive energy from France.
>>
>>61189600
From France nuclear power plant. We invested billions in Le grand carénage to elongate the life of our plants just for that.

Also, Merkel won't have to deal with the consequences of her decisions so other people will have it hard because of her.
>>
>>61189600
oy vey the Germans are spending money on expensive solar power, but can't take in a few million refugees.
>>
>>61189600
coal
>>
Solar and wind energy is a fucking meme, the future is, and always has been, hydroelectric and nuclear
>>
>>61190350
no we don't.
>>
>>61189600
>Where do you think they are getting their electricity from?

Ironically enough, we buy electricity from French nuclear power plants.
>>
>>61189975
Shit meme
>>
>>61190214
solar is shit anyways.
>>
>>61190184

This board constantly appeals to emotion with reactionary news stories.

>Muh refugees
>Muh crime statistics
>Muh rapes

Granted I agree with the reactionary shit on this board because I dislike the "visionary" outlook of integrating these filth. More crime, less sense of identity among the people.
It's sad.
>>
We need to move into alternative energy as soon as possible so our leaders can all stop pretending to like shitholes like Saudi Arabia.

Also it will be high kek when the Middle East becomes irrelevant to international interests and Israel is left all alone.
>>
>>61189765
And we have to pay for this shit.
>>
http://www.agora-energiewende.de/en/topics/-agothem-/Produkt/produkt/76/Agorameter/
>>
>>61189600
From coal plants, which are way more dangerous to both the environment and the people.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x356) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x356
>>61189830
And it's the best one, but muh Chernobyl
>>
>>61190511
I still think on the smaller scale solar and wind still have potential, but it should never be the primary source for energy generation.
>>
>>61190184
I think it's because you can use other sources that create jobs. Solar creates more jobs than Nuclear does. Ditto for wind. Hydroelectric does not create more jobs than nuclear though.
>>
OK here is all you need to know

Solar + Wind: not even 1/5
Coal: almost 1/2
Nuclear: less than wind

So because of stupid people we are now burning more coal which is obviously way more detrimental to your healt and paying more money for it. Fuck stupid people. Nuclear = best.

No doubt that we will almost completely switch to renewables soon, there is no reason not to do it if you dont want nuclear.
>>
File: 12323546324234.jpg (112 KB, 800x585) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
12323546324234.jpg
112 KB, 800x585
>>61190545
Yes we do.
>>
File: 1419653456970.gif (1 MB, 320x173) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419653456970.gif
1 MB, 320x173
>build a solar panel
>need to mine rare earth metals
>use extremely toxic chemicals to extract the rare earths, the chemical are probably petroleum byproducts
>need plastic and metal to construct the panel
>plastic is made with oil which is increasingly coming from fracking and other dirty unconventional sources
>metals are mined by digging up the earth using oil based machinery
>the workers in the solar panel plant need oil based fertilizer so they don't starve to death
>the solar panel is shipped across the ocean in an oil powered ship
>some upper middle class cuck sets it up and uses it to power his tesla meme car
>the planet is saved

LMAO @ "green" energy
>>
>>61190702
If by "on the smaller scale" you mean individual households, then sure. I've got solar panels on my house and from ~April through to ~October by electric bill is literally negative, but it's never going to be viable on a scale larger than a village
>>
>>61190511
>Solar and wind energy is a fucking meme

It's especially a meme in a country as densely populated as Germany.

Also add geothermal to that list. Tidal plants are somewhat alright too, because contrary to wind and sun, they are reliable.
>>
>>61190595
>muh crime statistics
>emotion
what the actual fuck, how are leftists like this cancuck so fucking stupid? how can they write a post in which they contradict themselves?
>>
>>61190595
>Muh crime statistics

>statistics
>reactionary
Hello Justin.
>>
>>61190595
Yeah but we all know /pol/ was a shithole to begin with, so that kind of garbage is to be expected.

I mean real well-known media outlets doing the same thing, just on the other side of the spectrum.
>>
>>61189600
>where
Natural gas.
>>
>>61190724
Yeah i should have posted this. Complete yoke.

>muh renewables !!!

Ye but what about the coal buddy?
>>
Literally what is wrong with every country going nuclear and selling their waste to america/australia/saudi arabia to bury in the middle of some huge empty ass desert.
What possible wildlife could be damaged. There arent even any trees.
Why is waste disposal even an issue.
>>
>>61190701
>chernobyl
>retard soviets running dangerous tests

>fukushima
>retard japs building their npp in unstable coastal regions

have there even been any other nuclear happenings worth mentioning?
>>
>>61190860
Here in Scotland we've gone all in with the wind meme, and electric costs are higher than ever since half the time the windmills aren't doing shit but ruining the skyline
>>
>>61189600
It's true, but it requires some significant investments, not only into the building of renewable power plants, but also lot of infrastructure to get power from the north, where we have offshore windparks, to the south, which is causing some contention because people don't want giant electrical masts in their backyards. Besides, we are also building several other power plants running on fossil fuels to fill the gaps because we don't have the capacity yet to store enough of the renewable energies for when the wind isn't blowing.
Needless to say, electricity is getting more expensive, and I've also heard that large power companies are suing the state.
>>
>>61189600

another one of merkels retarded ideas, lets perverse the environment of a possible nuclear disaster by ensuring that it is destroyed by normal coal and gas operation.

How do you want your country ms merkel
>>
File: sheeeit son.png (830 KB, 1025x791) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sheeeit son.png
830 KB, 1025x791
>>61190724
solar is extremely inefficient. Germany geography isn't even optimal for solar power.
>>
>>61190842
That's essentially what I meant. If pricing for solar cells dropped to nothing and was used in smaller towns. Also now that I think of it tidal generation would probably be less of a pain compared to wind as long as it was deployed in the right spots, but I'm not going to pretend I know remotely enough about that.
>>
>>61190545
>>61190792
Yes we are and no we are not. It depends on the output of our facilities. At some points we have a bigger output that covers our energy demands with leftovers and at some points we don't produce enough because our genius politicians had to appease the hippies, in that case we buy energy from our neighbours. The shit part here is that the energy we sell sells for WAY less than what we buy. This problem will be solved once better storage methods are developed, until then, we're the laughing stock on the energy market as well. Being German today is suffering.
>>
>>61189600
Germany decided to shut down a lot of the older power plants, true.

We private customers are paying 26 cents per Kwh, that's the highest in all of Europe.
Companies pay about 7,5 cents, that's the lowest in all of Europe.

Of our 26 cents per Kwh 6,354 cents per Kwh are for promoting green energy (=eco energy levy).

Conclusion: Partly true, but we, the people, are paying dearly for that.
>>
>>61190792

We still export more than we import
>>
>>61189600
To think it only takes that many solar panels to make that house self sufficient
>>
>>61190792
>Germans use 4 letters to pronounce the letter ч.
Latin-cucks are cucked beyond recognition.
>>
File: kimg jong un.jpg (52 KB, 370x277) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kimg jong un.jpg
52 KB, 370x277
>>61189600

Used to work at the American embassy in Berlin. Had lunch with the guys from the economic section every day. This is pretty much what is going on.

>Germans are very anti-nuclear power as a default
>German government subsidizes the shit out of alternative energy sources but mostly solar.
>Builds solar fields everywhere
>Solar energy is ineffiecient and costs a ton to produce.
>German utility bills go through the roof
>Germans start going back to coal because its plentiful and cheap.
>mfw there's more pollution now than ever

All because the rabid peace activists can't stand to see the word "nuclear" anywhere.
>>
>>61190939
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Mile_Island_accident
>>
File: Pepe macht frei.png (191 KB, 477x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pepe macht frei.png
191 KB, 477x768
>>61189600
in 5 years probably from burning arabs as fuel
>>
>>61189600
Yea and we have a green energy bubble here cause the return of investment on solar panels and wind turbines just sucks.
>>
>>61190939
3 mile island
>>
>>61190939
I think there was one in the United States that everyone points to as a major happening, but it literally killed zero people, zero animals, and caused no environmental impact
>>
germans harvest electricity from the aborted babies of women impregnated by rapefugees
>>
>>61190939
In the case of Fukushima that had a meltdown and literally no one died.
>>
>>61189600
>facebook
>>
>>61189899
They dont use it, they just burn it
>>
> Nuclear energy is bad and dangerous and we have to stop using it right now. MUH CHERNOBYL MUH FUKUSHIMA SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT
> Hey, I absolutely agree. There's this cool sorta new thing called LFTR that can use nuclear energy in an extremely safe and effective way with minimal waste. I think we should look into that.
> SHUT UP FUCKING NUCLEAR ENERGY SHILL. MUH CHERNOBYL MUH FUKUSHIMA SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT
Why is this bullshit hippy mentality the norm nowadays? When you mention you think more money and research should be put into nuclear energy, people lose their fucking minds.
>>
>>61189600

I am paying 600€ / year for energy in Germany

It was half the price 8 years ago
>>
File: Anglo_persecution.jpg (237 KB, 431x696) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Anglo_persecution.jpg
237 KB, 431x696
Aryans get their energy out of hard work and progress in science.

Anglos get their energy out of ARYAN BLOOD
>>
>>61190939
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_power_accidents_by_country
>>
>>61190939

3 Mile island was the American nuclear happening which killed Nuke power as a viable alternative for decades (And is still a chant for anti-nuke faction).

Even though NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED AT 3 MILE ISLAND.
>>
>>61190944
Same over here. We are also faced with the problem of our nets getting more and more unstable due to the unreliability of those shit energy sources - they might only contribute a small amount, but even that small amount is enough to lead to voltage fluctuations.

Also, large companies which use up significant shares of Germany's overall consumption where exempt from paying the extra fee that was introduced for renewable energies (IIRC, it has been abolished by now). To keep them "competitive on the international market", even though a bunch of them didn't even export anything.
Which means the average Hans essentially had to pay that fee not just once but something like thrice to make up for those companies.
>>
>>61191106
>3 mile island
>worth mentioning
>>
>>61191274
Oh, the eternal Kraut
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_reactors

Ya know, if people are so anti-nuclear. Why are there so many reactors in full operation around the world?
>>
>>61191271
electricity in germany used to be soo cheap. even the roads were paved with neon
>>
>>61191231
1. It WILL run out.
2, There is more pollution per kW than you'd have with regeneratives. You need to look at the entire process from mining to building infrastructure to end storage.
But yeah, the safety arguments are retarded.
>>
>>61191231
Does nuclear power even hurt the environment at all? I mean all they do is get radioactive material, heat them up and after they burn them, they put them in some place, the materials don't become more radioactive in the process, do they? How is it bad for the environment? Look at fucking chernobyl, I think the accident actually helped the environment there by getting the people out.
>>
>>61190511
Hydroelectric is actually awful. Destroys river environments and over lifetime is not great. Look what China has done with all their dams
>>
>>61189600
alternative energy needs a shitload of financial support from the government.
we just use energy from coal energy plants.
plus we import energy from other countries that use less safe nuclear power plants than we have.
>>
>>61191354
>buzzfeed.com
>COUNTRIES USING THE TECHNOLOGY OF HIROSHIMA TO MAKE ELECTRICITY IS WRONG. HERE'S WHY.
>BECAUSE IT'S 2016.
>>
>>61189951
The United States is huge. There's a lot of open space where you can put nuclear power plants far away from the people. However, population density in West. Europe is very high. If one of the 50 year old nuclear reactors in Belgium (which is doing very bad currenly) will melt down more then 10 million people will have to be evacuated.
>>
>>61189600
AFAIK they're getting it from France's nuclear plants.
>>
File: 1452817162613.jpg (23 KB, 496x371) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452817162613.jpg
23 KB, 496x371
>solar energy
>viable

God damn I am fucking triggered. I am finishing up my degree in Mechanical Engineering and have taken a lot of elective courses in alternative energy.

Solar Energy is not viable. It could be in the future, but it just isn't good enough for us right now. Wind turbines are decent for areas in the Mid West where they can install a shit ton of them (however, you still run into problems with mining the rare earth metals to make the turbines which creates a lot of environmental problems).

Bottom line: we should invest money in continuing our efforts in RESEARCHING alternative energy. We can't just adopt energy resources that aren't good enough yet because they make us feel good about ourselves.
>>
>>61191441
>
Does nuclear power even hurt the environment at all?
No, those huge scary cooling towers only release steam. Pure, pristine water vapor.
>>
>>61191547
then europe needs more trash incinerators that produce electricity, and more rapefugees need to ficki ficki so more aborted fetuses can be incinerated and made into power
>>
>>61190511
>>61190702
>>61190842
Solar power is best a supplementary installation that should be adopted by home owners and putting them on their roofs.

Acquiring land, maintaining it, and shipping solar panels isn't cost effective.

But if you can get your average guy to add solar panels to his roof(in areas where weather permits of course), and have it spread at little cost to the home owner, it'll be very useful.
>>
>>61191016
>ow that I think of it tidal generation would probably be less of a pain compared to wind as long as it was deployed in the right spots, but I'm not going to pretend I know remotely enough about that.
We're doing it, in an estuary with the 2nd highest tidal range in the world.
>>
>>61191487
Oh noes, the fishes will die!

I couldn't give less of a fuck if some random species of salmon goes extinct as long as our power needs are met without giving money to the house of Saud
>>
>>61191332

It is worth mentioning because the oil, solar, and wind shills all chant REMEMBER THE 3 MILE ISLAND anytime someone brings up how nuclear power is the best form of alternate energy.
>>
>>61191007

Do you have a map for Canada ?
>>
>>61190939
>>61189830
This.
>>
>>61191547

You can just make new reactors the have zero chance of melt down.
>>
>>61189600
Enough solar energy hits the planet in 24 hours, to power our electricity needs for nearly as many years.

You could, mathematically, turn Ireland into a solar panel, and it would power the planet for a day.

However, it would require higher efficiency than we have. At 20% efficiency though, we would still only need to turn Spain into a solar panel, to power the planet.

Seriously, if we got onto solar properly, there would be no need for any other form of renewable.

The problem, as fucking ALWAYS, is the profit.
Solar is simple. Not a lot of moving parts, compared to others, so less to be extracted from maintenance. It's also not funded like other, more pointless pursuits. Wind is literally useless.
Solar is the way forward.
>>
Actually I'm only against nuclear because it would mean importing uranium from Australia, which is Anglo and thus to blame for the sorry state of mankind
>>
>>61189830
>>61189830
My reaction
>>
File: republican.png (453 KB, 701x574) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
republican.png
453 KB, 701x574
>>61191630
>mining the rare earth metals to make the turbines which creates a lot of environmental problems

All of this is done in China. It's one of the major pollutant contributing factors over there. However the social liberals and the social democrats don't like facts.
>>
>>61191653
I know that, I was asking besides that.
>>
>>61191231
>Why is this bullshit hippy mentality the norm nowadays?

Because it has been hammered into everyone's brain for decades and people have absolutely zero clue how power plants work.

They also follow this bullshit
>yeah, it might be extremely unlikely that something happens, but IF it does than shit is really bad!
mentality. So they would rather have their environment definitely destroyed by coal plants.
>>
>>61191710
>I couldn't give less of a fuck if some random species of salmon goes extinct as long as our power needs are met without giving money to the house of Saud
What you actually mean is
>I don't care how we fuck up the planet as long as my ability to shitpost isn't interrupted in the next 80 years
>>
File: toxic sludge.jpg (145 KB, 600x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
toxic sludge.jpg
145 KB, 600x350
>>61189600
I thought that neodymium was needed to produce solar panels, and that neodymium mining leaves a permanent sludge behind that is terrible for the environment.

Pic Related
>>
>>61191538
wot? I just linked a wikipedia article that lists all the nuclear power plants in the world constructing/operating/decomissioned.
>>
>>61191760
>You can just make new reactors

Wrong. Before you make something, you first have to be able to pay for it. Can't afford new reactors, that means there won't be any.
>>
>>61191854
Damn right that's what I mean, the planet can always evolve more fishes, my shitposting is limited
>>
>>61191441
>Does nuclear power even hurt the environment at all?

Mostly through the mining process (largest factor) and the storage of the burned out fuel. Though with newer generations, there is hardly any of that.
>>
>>61191710

Destroying ecosystems leads to a trickle effect, retard.
>>
>>61191762
What about those big ass towers with mirrors? Have you looked into those, they seem pretty cheap, easy to make, no special circuitry faggotry.
>>
>>61191812
>All of this is done in China.
They're killing us.
>>
File: Hydropower.jpg (523 KB, 707x709) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hydropower.jpg
523 KB, 707x709
>they don't just use water
>>
>>61191762
A volcano spews ash into the sky and no more solar
>>
>>61191762
solar is useless without revolutionary energy storage
>>
>>61191438
Thorium is way more abundant than uranium (5-6 times if I remember that right). That will easily last for a couple 100 years.
As for your second point: I have no concrete data, but I'd disagree. The environmental footprint of most solar cells in particular is fucking horrible:
http://www.anl.gov/articles/solar-panel-manufacturing-greener-europe-china-study-says
>>
>>61191905
How is mining hurting the environment? Do materials before more radioactive in the process, why can't we storage them, is there a problem?
>>
>>61189600
>electricity price germany: 28cents per Kw/h
>electricity price in the US: 12 cents
https://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.cfm?t=epmt_5_6_a
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strompreis#/media/File:Strompreis-zusammensetzung-2015.jpg

The only reason people bought solar panels was because it's heavily subsidized. A lot of people made a lot of money of them (now it's mostly wind).

The deal was this:

>build solar panels /wind turbine
>get money from govt
>sell your own electricity
>profit

Depending on where you live in germany the solar panels aren't operating for about half a year. Right now my neighbors panels are covered with 20cm of snow.

And I don't need to explain that we aren't in california or the sahara. Clouds and rain are a thing here.

Last but not least solar power is a very small part of the energy mix powering germany:

>roughly 25% from renewables
>of those 25% only 5% is from solar

most of our energy comes from coal, oil and gas.
>>
>>61191971
Muh marine ecosystems tho
>>
>>61191547
see
>>61191231

LFTR reactors don't have the chance to meltdown like the pressurized U-235 reactors currently used do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK367T7h6ZY

We just need more innovation in nuclear energy instead of maintaining the status quo.
>>
File: more toxic sludge.jpg (26 KB, 650x366) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
more toxic sludge.jpg
26 KB, 650x366
>>61191855
wait this is a better picture of what it would produce
>>
>>61190628
Why wouldn't you have to pay for it?
>>
nuclear is the best option as long as you keep it out of private hands
>>
File: heffernan1.jpg (178 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
heffernan1.jpg
178 KB, 1024x576
>>61192023
>How is mining hurting the environment?
>>
File: 1440345895784.png (117 KB, 853x556) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440345895784.png
117 KB, 853x556
>>61191717
I suppose it's US specific, I can't say I've heard a german environmentalist mention it in a prominent fashion. It's all about muh Tschernobyl and muh Fukushima.
Only once you ask them how many retarded slavs are operating our nuclear reactors or how many were built near major fault lines they remember that there was another nuclear incident, conveniently forgetting that nothing actually happened in that one.
>>
>>61189600
They started their coal plants back up.
That's where the energy is coming from.
>>
>>61192039
>Right now my neighbors panels are covered with 20cm of snow.
Your neighbors must have forgotten to turn their panels on because snow melts when it hits them
>>
can't europe just take 2 huge magnets and place them negative to negative in a huge drum that's also a magnet that's negative and produce electricity with magic?
>>
>>61189600

Top lel.

Nuclear energy IS alternative energy, the Germans shut down nuclear plants because of Fukushima, and are going back to fossil gas energy. So technically it is correct, but the reasoning has nothing to do with solar panels.
>>
File: coal gass.png (270 KB, 940x416) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
coal gass.png
270 KB, 940x416
The problem with nuclear are the costs. A reactor takes about 10 years to build and complete. Billions of dollars or euro's go into it. And it's not a good investment, because chances are somewhere in the world a nuclear reactor will go boom boom and the uranium stocks will drop and there'll be mass demonstrations against nuclear energy.

Not to mention how much it will cost to evacuate 10 million people in case of a melt down in Europe.

Coal gasification and biofuels are the future until nuclear fusion. Fission is a dead end.
>>
>>61190628
well we are also paying for the npps and the don't forget the endlagerung.
>>
>discuss plastic waste in the oceans, air pollution in the cities, destroyed habitats through dams and all that
>Anglo goes >KEKKITY KEK >fucking hippie cunts >it's not a big deal >implying earth cares
>discuss nuclear vs. fossil (or German car industry)
>Anglo does a 180 and turns into a nature nazi within a millisecond
>>
>>61191855
>>61192067
>Neodynium

Used to make magents and some other shit, sot sure about solar panels though.
>>
>>61191812
Exactly. Wind turbines look cool and are useful to the area that is using them. However, liberals think that the materials that are used to make them come out of nowhere.
>>
>>61192054
The problem lies with the government. They aint going to finance 10's of billions in an experimental reactor in an already unstable market.
>>
>>61189830
/thread
>>
>>61191028

5,10 cents per Kwh.

Feels good bro
>>
>>61189600
They buy energy from the french.

Also nuclear = alternative.
>>
>Ctrl+F "brown coal" 0 results
Typical /pol/.
>>
>>61192039

kW*h, not kW/h.
>>
>>61191762
The problem is logistics. Transferring power is inefficient the larger the distance. Likewise, storing the power is inefficient.

Either we need to break down the grid into bite size, independent chunks and find an efficient way to do so, or find a new storage method.
>>
>>61192039
i forgot the fun fact:

Because most of our energy is consumed by the industry, the govt though that since they buy the most electricity they would pay the biggest part of the subsidies.

The govt forgot that companies normally calculate cost effectiveness, so most energy intensive companies built their own gas turbines.
So we're burning more gas and oil than before,

http://www.handelsblatt.com/technik/das-technologie-update/energie/industrie-der-trend-zum-eigenen-kraftwerk/9291960.html
>>
>>61192105
Was there a forest, or a lake there? Most likely not. Even if there was a magical fairy forest lake jungle amazon tropical river ocean sea dolphin whales lion elephant rhino habitat, deforesting that much of an area is nothing, it's way less than a square kilometer.
>>
Still waiting for this shit tho tbqh
>>
>>61192299
That sucks my Aquafresh friend.

Maybe when the fossil fuels dry up, we'll see some real innovation.
>>
>>61192397
would you believe me if I said it was a typo? :)
>>
>>61192299
Thorium Reactors aren't experimental, they've already been proven to both work, and they produce a fraction of the waste that current reactors produce.
>>
>>61189600
Probably the coal plants they need to build and then run at sub-optimal levels to counter-balance all their alternative energy. Lowest energy costs in Europe are in France, which focuses on Nuclear energy
>>
>>61191438
>1. It WILL run out.
this is the problem with nuclear energy.i don't know the r/p ratios but it has limited reserves,just like fossil fuels.
>>
>>61192490
God damn it, I love tokamaks or whatever they are called, it looks like Kubrick in real life.
>>
File: Zhakattack.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Zhakattack.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>61191438
Thorium is well suited to a "breeder" type reactor. Basically it creates more fuel as it "burns", and leaves behind a fraction of the waste uranium does, as well as having more energy recoverable than uranium.
>>
>>61189868
bingo lol
>>
>>61189600
>Where do you think they are getting their electricity from

I don't know but i am pretty sure they didn't build this thing for shits and giggles.
>>
File: Braun coal.jpg (2 MB, 6166x1632) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Braun coal.jpg
2 MB, 6166x1632
>>61192383
Dank
>>
>>61189600
>meanwhile in germany
Lol
>>
>>61191123
I guess Chernobyl has thriving wildlife nowadays

I still don't want that shit in my backyard though

sorry
>>
>>61192639
Yeah, so what, who the fuck cares, when they run out, they run out, I don't care what shit people will be doing 200 years from now.
>>
>>61191762
Aside from inefficient panels and depending on weather and day/night cycle and not very "green" production and recycling and storage problems, etc, etc.
I.e. solar collectors is useless unless we do send them in space and then somehow transfer electricity on planet. Ideally we should build big solar collectors above and under Sun - partial Dyson sphere.
>>
>>61192677
>you will never use the Superbagger to combat muslims in Cologne like its Pacific Rim
>>
You will eventually agree that fission reactors are stupid. If the tech was as great as you claim it is, we wouldn't have an energy crisis. The decision to move away from fission sooner rather than later is the right one.

Germany is, after all, the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>61192678
Yup, it's a huge problem for neighbouring countries.
And some residents in Germany are forced away from their homes due to those landscape monstrosities.
>>
>>61192677
This actually mines ore/rock/salt/quartz/etc.
>>
>>61191300
there really needs to be bigger campaigning for nuclear, i think the "and literatley nothing bad happened" is the best selling point, but for some reason everyone believes they will turn green and melt
>>
>>61192648
reminds me of this for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et9b7LWfnxQ
>>
File: Tokamak-Reactor.jpg (99 KB, 800x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tokamak-Reactor.jpg
99 KB, 800x400
>>61192648
They look amazing. Just think about it, this shit will actually be used to create huge amounts of energy in your lifetime. Fucking science fiction right there.
>>
>>61191025
Keep going Hans. Pumping water up our dams with your cheap electricity to let it fall dawn a bit later and sell the produced electricity back to you is priceless.
>>
>>61192216
thorium my friend.
safer, and significantly cheaper.

it's such a shame that when you say nuclear power everybody thinks about an PWR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_fluoride_thorium_reactor#Safety
>>
>>61192750
Solar is useful for private households to alleviate the power bill
Which is only possible in a power grid as advanced as ours, though.
>>
>>61192922
I can't wait for free electricity.
>>
>>61192818
It's it's for Brown coal. See>>61192678
It digs them from right under the grass, and it completely changes the landscape of their country.
>>
>>61189600
Solar panels are shit that chip and get all faded easily plus disposing of them is like disposing of nuclear waste. Plus they are only good during the day, when there aren't any clouds or fog or any asshole with an umbrella within a 20 mile radius.

Wind turbines use more fossil fuels to manufacture than what they'll save over their lifetime Also only good when there is wind, and not too much wind.
>>
>>61192639
Nuclear energy is still improving as a field. Coal oil and LNG are not getting more efficient when it comes to power output for power plants
>>
>>61192979
>Which is only possible in a power grid as advanced as ours, though.
Fuck off, shitkraut, how delusional are you?
>>
>>61191274
You are a living meme, a legend, at this point.
>>
>>61192383
Refugees?
>>
File: coal-gasification.jpg (103 KB, 782x431) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
coal-gasification.jpg
103 KB, 782x431
Coal GASIFICATION PEOPLE!!!

Also

METHANE BURNS CLEAN!!


BIOgas,,, is EASy! to produce.... Some DUNG,,,Tank,,,Food rests,,,, time DONE gas... ready to ignITe!!,, for food.. water,, shower... all your NESSECITIES,,, And 100% environmental.... CLEAN...,, energy.


Now,,, LET ME get started,, On
!! Coal gasification ,,,
Reduces 30%.... OF ALL pollutants...
Gasses are Easier too clean...

YOU just need GOVERNMENT,,,
to say DO!! HERE in the Nehterlands,,, We have 2 gassification PLANTS... They burn 100% clean white smoke... Far away at the ocean... ANd the GOOD thing,,,
If you don't. wanto USe coal,, YOU can burn BIOMASS in them!!!! Multiple uses!!
And we have Coal To last,,, ,100's of years!!
Cheap, Energy!! Until FUSION

No nuclear fission!! Very bad... Expensive,,,unsafe,,, bad market.... !
>>
>>61192808
on the bright side, west germany has a huge potential site for a landfill if they ever needed one
>>
>>61193066
We're one of the most advanced countries in the world. You are not.
>>
>>61193030
What about the sun things? They seem cheap and easy to manufacture and maintain.
>>
File: bagger 288.jpg (100 KB, 700x465) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bagger 288.jpg
100 KB, 700x465
>>61192790
I want a movie where the entire plot is based around a bagger 288 being teleported back in time to Constantinople 1453.

>>61192818
>This actually mines ore/rock/salt/quartz/etc.
I guess it can do what ever but
>The Bagger 288 was built for the job of removing overburden before coal mining at the Hambach stripmine in Germany. It can excavate 240,000 tons of coal or 240,000 cubic metres of overburden daily
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagger_288
>>
Liberals would rather turn the entire US Midwest into large sprawling wind and solar fields before having 500 Sq miles turn into a place to bury barrels of nuclear waste.
>>
>>61190141
So basically the same as Austria and the Temelin NPP
>>
>>61193262
With a few thorium reactors, we could use that nuclear waste as fuel.
>>
>tfw you'll never use a bagger 288 to mine Pandora
>>
>>61193262
there's nothing in the midwest anyway except wind so what's the big fucking deal
>>
They get energy from coal and the rest of the world.
>>
>>61192677
>>61192678
Irony: Burning coal for power for a year releases more radiation into the atmosphere then nuclear power plants do every half decade.
>>
>>61193208
What? Nigga, is you talking about creating a star, or solar panels?
>>
>>61189600
why do you think they are building a new gas line to Russia. They get their energy from coal and gas now. Meanwhile nuclear is carbon free.
>>
>>61193262
someone should suggest to trump he promise to put it on a rocket and launch it into space
>>
>>61193417
>tfw literally both are possible
>>
>>61193506
Fuck nuclear. It's not an industry I want my country to depend on.
>>
>>61190511
Solar power is alright when it's per household.
>>
>>61193202
You produce more advanced technology, but don't use more advanced technology, how is that hard to understand? I'm pretty sure my internet is faster and cheaper than yours, does that make me more advanced? Do you think we're some jungle horse-riders or something like that?
>>
>>61192979
As I read, you have to change panels pretty often (like once in 10-15 years or something), and price for buying/installing/utilizing them easily offsets any gains you got while using them. Not to mention price in installing them (and buying panels not made by kikes) in the first place.
>>
>>61193642
>Do you think we're some jungle horse-riders or something like that?

Of course.
>>
>>61189600
Yeah, then they will realise that they actually need nuclear energy to satisfy the growing demand

Or not, I mean the Caliphate doesn't need advanced tech.
>>
>>61193262
>bury barrels of nuclear waste.
The worst thing about this is that new and more efficient nuclear power plants would be able to use up more of the the old ''depleted'' rods and making them less dangerous for final storage.
>>
>>61193417
No, that big towers with mirrors around them.
>>
>>61189600
Germany has tried to phase out their reliance on nuclear power, which for decades the left in Europe has been opposed to. The problem is that means that most of their electricity is produced by coal plants. This is something that Germany has been criticized for by its neighboring countries, and since they do not come close to the standards of efficiency/carbon emission as in Scandinavia the plants in Germany are considered extremely 'dirty'. The left in Sweden, and I'm willing to bet other Scandinavian countries, have tried to get rid of nuclear power completely by putting punative taxes on its production making it difficult to turn a profit on and causing nuclear plants to shut down. So thanks to the Green Party we are now importing dirty German coal power to make up for the nuclear plants being shut down.
>>
Reminder that free electricity is a stupid idea.

What's stopping people from drinking iced coffee in their near-boiling hot tub (kept running 24/7) inside their frigid air-conditioned house in the middle of July in Florida?

I want to scream at the thought of all the entropy.
>>
>>61189600
They buy it from us. We get it from our nuclear power plants.
>>
>>61189600
Germany isn't shutting their nuclear plants down because of alternative energy
They're shutting them down because they had the piss scared out of them by Fukishima
>>
>>61193525
>someone should suggest to trump he promise to put it on a rocket and launch it into space
With the failure rate of our rockets that would be a terrible fucking idea.

>Rockets blow up
>ooops, can't live here anymore.

Not to mention that it would be expensive and impractical as fuck.
>>
>>61193676
Well, that speaks bad of you.
We even have better sauerkraut than you. Actually we have a bigger sauerkraut culture than you. They should call us krauts, not you.
>>
>>61192882
There used to be a time when practical effects were standard.
>>
File: Resonance_Cascade.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Resonance_Cascade.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
>>61193551
Anon, do you know what happened to Icarus after developing a hubris like that?

>>61193693
The ones in the middle of the desert with all those sand storms blowing sand around at high speeds? I hear the panels get all fucked up fast.
>>
>>61193712
That's also our fault Sweden. Sorry.

We made EU force you to close down Barsebäck because we're faggots that way.
>>
>>61193875
You also have more muslims per capita I believe
>>
Wow I made a quality thread with lots of insightful discussion.
>>
>>61193890
then computers made everyone gay literally
>>
>>61191438

>what is a breeder reactor?

And wind turbines are just magically produced and delivered? The hundreds of trucks on the highways are running on water? And the solar panels power from china? Do you think a few thousand chinese carry them over here? They get shipped in a diesel guzzling cargo ship.


But wait, theres more: How do you produce silicon, the stuff solar panels are made of?

Not only is CO2 a byproduct when producing silicon, but silicon needs to be cleaned after that in order to be used in solar panels.

This is accomplished in a destillery that requireds temperatures of 1200°C.

In short: it's energy intensive as hell to produce a solar panel.
>>
Too bad it will only benefit achmeds by 2022.
>>
>>61189600

Coal.

Nice try, ecotard.
>>
>>61193982
Go to /sci/ we discuss all the time and the threads are much more professional.
>>
Also, panels reflect sunlight back, thus heating air above them even more. What kind of consequences might have solar greed, say, 100km^2 on planet?
>>
>>61191300
yeah, but, it could have wiped out that entire city if what they predicted was going to happen had happened.

It was pretty serious.
>>
>>61189600

They use coal and Russian gas and French nuclear energy.

Whoppdi-fucking-do

Shutting down nuclear is idiotic, it's both less polluting and more efficient than any other renewable. And you cannot run a baseload power with solar or wind, you need a stable source.

Which is what nuclear is.
>>
File: winter2.jpg (167 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
winter2.jpg
167 KB, 900x1600
> mfw we literally kill our environement to build wind turbines

t Atomi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0uxkq3s3k
>>
File: 1452579345683.jpg (159 KB, 1023x675) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452579345683.jpg
159 KB, 1023x675
>>61189600

bullshit. we are buying french electrcit wich is mae by uranium. germany is an NGO, constrcted by the allies after WW2 and the German Reich still exists but is unable to operate.
>>
>>61194131

Shut up Ivan, more reflection = more cooling
>>
>>61192474
Are you blind? That's atleast 10km
>>
>>61194190
Nuclear backbone with solar supplement, tbqh senpai
>>
File: pepe-about-to-rage.jpg (419 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pepe-about-to-rage.jpg
419 KB, 1500x1500
>>61189600
Fucking facebook cancer.
Fucking kike feel-good hipppie sjw lies.
>>
>>61191762
What we need is solar pannels in space in geostationary orbit and cables, IF we got superconducting. The light has more energy is space
>>
>>61190701
No
The best one is hydroelectric

but
>muh environment
>>
>germany shutting down their nuclear power plants

literal cucks
>>
It's certainly not a magic fix but alternative energy is a viable source of long term power. The biggest thing that drains power is transmission. As batter technology improves, localized power sources (e.g., PV, wind) will become even more economical for lower-demand users like small businesses and residential properties.

Of course, for the foreseeable future, big power sinks like cities and factories will likely require more conventional energy sources.

Also, anyone who says that these aren't implemented because the don't work is full of shit. In Nevada, for instance, they're actually raising the monthly fees imposed on solar panel users to maintain their bottom line.

Source: http://fortune.com/2016/01/14/nevada-solar-battleground/
>>
>>61193923
Yeah, but ours are of the moderate kind.
>>
>>61190826
this x 10000000000001
Proud to see a DUDE WEED LMAO not shitposting
>>
>>61191193
No one got my shitty attempt to make a coal burner joke
>mfw (/_;)
>>
>>61189830
my thoughts exactly
>>
File: 1452675858083.jpg (100 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452675858083.jpg
100 KB, 1024x887
>>61190884
>>61190595
>>
If only we had easy access to hydrogen. It would solve everything.
>>
>>61190511
No, that's already happening now, just slowly.

The future is harnessing the full power of void/vacuum.
Pure nothingness is the highest energy.
>>
>>61192474
Dude. People in Germany are literally forced from their homes, Communist Style, due to the way Brown coal is grouped under the earth.
It's horisontal mining>>61192678
>>
>>61192142
Not sure if you are trolling, but if you're implying that solar panels are heated, then sorry to disappoint you.

>connects 2000W heater fan to solar panels to melt the snow
>>
>>61194445
>Americuck calling anyone else cuck
>>
>>61193691
This. Closed, or almost closed nuclear cycle is the "green" future before those fusion plants become energetically and economically efficient.
>>
File: nucular_france.jpg (315 KB, 788x1852) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nucular_france.jpg
315 KB, 788x1852
>>61194445
>>
>facebook liberals in charge of economics

GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES

they basically force you to buy solar etc by taxing the shit out of fossil fuels and redistributing your tax money to renewable energy companies in order to artificially make it competitive.

and wtf is wrong with nuclear? France for example gets over 75% electricity generation from nuclear.
>>
>>61190927
>Why is waste disposal even an issue.

Ignorance. Pretty much the only reason.

Yucca Mountain was as good of a place as any for long-term storage. I'm sure you guys have some good candidates long-term geological repositories in that huge fucking nothingness in the middle of your country, too. Good luck getting through all the red-tape and getting the environmental wackos to sign off on it, though.
>>
>>61192724
>I don't care what shit people will be doing 200 years from now.
you should,for the sake of your kind.150 years
ago people didn't care either.look how that
worked out for us
>>61193038
>Nuclear energy is still improving as a field
so is renewable.if it comes to fossil fuels and nuclear,i would choose nuclear.today,it's the best source.but eventually we'll have to use renewable sources.better start now
>>
>>61189600
why is wind energy meme-tier? could it be that it has extremely low efficiency with high production/maintainance costs? but still, on the long term this wouldn't mean much. i see no reason why not to implement it, especially in windy areas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0LFYa6InM
>>
>>61194534
This
>>
Fusion power plants when?
>>
>>61190826
So can you explain why solar panel isn't viable?
Aside from it using polluting resources being made and distributed, why isn't it so effective?
>>
>>61191762
>an Ireland sized solar farm

I love swimming in mercury!

How about an artificial island in the middle of the Atlantic full of nuclear plants and surrounded by tidal generators with super conductors powering all of Europe, Africa, South America, and East Coast North America?

Since we're talking about wild hypotheticals, of course
>>
>>61194157
In class we learned that it was literally minutes away from the largest nuclear detonation in history.

No Thanks.
>>
>>61194758
Taxing the shit out of things is kinda our thing.

Make like an American and mind your own business.
>>
>>61189600
1. they import power
2. they had a massive round of investment in gass plants and now have to suck Putins dick for at leat a decade and a half
3. they use huge amounts of coal, and not just clean burning black coal but much more poluting brown coal
4. the "clean energy" is only a very small part of the mix
5 the "clean energy" runs on burning tax money
>>
>>61189600
Nuclear is the most efficient non-pollutant energy we have. Environmentalists keep stonewalling attempts to figure out how to effectively eliminate nuclear waste thusly the waste will keep piling up in the small desert dumps we have.
Good job, hippies, slowly killing the Earth.
>>61189899
Hit the nail on the head
>>
>>61189600
Our power plants.
>>
>>61194981
Putin will be eaten alive by his own people before long.
>>
>>61192979
are you retarded? the only reason solar power is used in germany because of the subsidies. If everyone else wasn't paying for part of your panels you'd need centuries of power consumption to save money. Especially with the weather in germany.

And our power grid isn't designed for this shit. Have you forgotten the protests against the powerlines all over the country? They aren't building power lines because our grid is so fucking advanced.
>>
>>61191705
This, solar at a residential level is a good investment
>>
>>61191438
>>61192639
We'll always find sources for it, but it'd be great if we would invest more in making it use less input fuel.
>>
>>61189600
>>61189892
>muh renewables

70% of their power still comes from fossil fuels
>>
>>61195083
>hurr taxation is theft
>muh subsidies

move to africa
>>
>>61191441
It depends, when Diablo cañon nuclear in California does its hot water flushes it harms the local environment immensely
>>
File: 1297720665853.jpg (5 KB, 192x120) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1297720665853.jpg
5 KB, 192x120
> mfw we build so many alternative electricity generators that we have to pay other countries to take our electricity
>>
>>61194971
It was. The thing is, that was during an infancy of nuclear technology understanding. Now we know what causes hydrogen bubbles to form and we know how to prevent that from ever happening.

Boomers wont let it happen though.
>>
>>61189600

>coalburning
>>
>>61189830
This if only retards weren't so hung up about the few accidents that happened and actually dedicated resources on research we would be in an energy golden age
Think nuclear research stagnated around the 70s until recently if we really threw some weight behind the research everyone would be better off
>>
>>61193330
are there really any example of this in production? the only thing i ever see is referential models but no working thorium projects that actually recycle wastes

nuclear is the real deal though
>>
>>61194864
Because it would require a very large surface and wouldn't work during the night and would heavily depend on the weather as well. It's not stable nor reliable. A nuclear power plant works 24/7
>>
>>61190511
>>61190860
Power engineer here. All hydroelectric and geothermal potential has essentially been tapped, at least in the US. This is because they're reliable and consistent. Wind and solar in their current state are not. Leftist greenies need to fuck off with that agenda and wait until technologies are developed that can effectively wean us off fossil fuels.
>>
>>61194461
>The biggest thing that drains power is transmission. As batter technology
>Also, anyone who says that these aren't implemented because the don't work is full of shit.
>It's certainly not a magic fix
>anyone who says that these aren't implemented because the don't work is full of shit.
>The biggest thing that drains power is transmission.
>>
>>61189600
>Where do you think they are getting their electricity from?

They hooked generators to your citizens and then put some migrants near them to chase them around. Infinite power.
>>
>>61194864
Because only like 1% of sunlight makes it to Earth in a useable form. Solar power is pathetically inefficient compared to nuclear. It also relies on something that could easily be blocked should there be a large volcanic eruption, which is quite possible and long term cloud cover due to volcanism has historical precedent in Europe.

Nuclear or bust. Solar is a meme pushed by Solar corporations.
>>
>>61193556
>It's not an industry I want my country to depend on.
why? also take a look at how some elders in the Uk are burning phonebooks to stay warm bc the green policies raised electricity and gas prices.

you cannot subsidize forever
>>
File: 433.jpg (205 KB, 1603x523) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
433.jpg
205 KB, 1603x523
>>61189892

>why do Americans always post fake pictures to push their agenda.
>>
>>61195089
>investment
>subsidized by the public

Pick one.

If you want to reap the benefits of solar power and hopefully save money producing your own electricity, then you should also carry the risk.
>>
>>61189892
Well let's just make the roads solar panels. Problem solved.

I hate when people think that is viable.
>>
Why don't we just put all those idle refugees on treadmills and threaten them with deportation if they don't tread fast enough? We can call it the Refugenerator.
>>
>>61189600
>Where do you think they're getting their electricity from?

France, like they always have.
>>
Is no one gonna say it?

T H O R I U M
H
O
R
I
U
M
>>
>>61195167

>hurr durr not providing a counterargument

You can move to africa, because in the sahara there are 365 days of direct sunlight so your solar panel might actually be usefull.
>>
>>61191193
>>61194501

I did, it was a good one. I was going to close this thread until I saw it and felt the need to reply
>>
File: rick.jpg (19 KB, 248x248) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rick.jpg
19 KB, 248x248
>Tfw I live in one of the top 5 eco friendly states
>So many dams, it makes a Chinaman blue with envy
>>
>>61195557
Control+F pls
>>
>>61192922
>>61193005
>>61192490

Two big problems facing the Tokomak

1. How to produce net positive amount of energy
2. Dealing with the amount of neutrons produced

The neutron flux in a fusion reactor is so high it's not currently known how to maintain instrumentation and material integrity in prolonged situations.

Number 2 might be the most serious problem, actually.
>>
>>61195527
That's a negative. Fugees on treadmills are too inefficient. Most energy will be wasted on body heat and screaming.

You'll get much more energy if you just burn them.
>>
>>61195574
Solar tech simply isn't there yet, retard. But in case we're gonna get to be old farts, solar will be the most important energy source no doubt.
>>
>>61193556
>personal feelings are more important than a rational discussion about energy sources
>>
>>61195271
How feasible are super tall wind towers?

Aren't atmospheric winds strong and always circulating?
I've never read anything about the idea
>>
>>61193864
>missing the point
>>
They are getting their energy from out side their country.
>>
>>61189600
Jokes on you, Germany won't need electricity anymore, once the mudslimes put us back into stone age.
>>
>>61193982
>quality thread
>insightful discussion

kek
>>
>>61190595

A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
>>61195684
we tried that, but since the human body is mostly made out of water it doesn't work.

Too much energy required to vaporize teh water
>>
>>61189830
https://youtu.be/pVbLlnmxIbY

People fear what they don't understand
>>
File: Laughing-pepe1488.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Laughing-pepe1488.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>61195415
Top kek
>>
>>61190701
Probably the single greatest reason to hate Ivan. Imagine how things would be if they didn't half-ass that stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>61189600
>Shutting down greenest energy to appease hippies.

Sounds like something Germany would do.
>>
>>61192216
The first succesful tests on nuclear fusion just happend a few month ago in germany.

But getting from these test to a working reactor will surely take another 40 Years, if they are even able to controlle the power.
Maybe they ll just creat a little sun and destroy earth with it.
>>
>>61195709
A nuclear program would mean making our economy dependent on uranium producing countries. I say no fuck you very much to that. You know what kind of countries all that uranium comes from?
>Canada
>Australia
>USA
No, no, no, no, no, fuck them, I'd rather sit in the dark, or sell out the entire country to Putin.
>>
>>61189600
Coal and gas, lmfao
>>
>>61190214
it's the blind leading the blind m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7m6aewquco
>>
>>61195834
Well that's why you let firewood cure for six months before using it.
>>
>>61189600
That's fucking retarded. "alternative" energy sucks ass because its sporatic and there's no decent form of energy storage that can be created on the large scale. If you switched entirely to solar and wind, it'd be like North Korea with blackouts and problems all the time. >>61189830
Liberal faggots don't like society being able to grow. That's why they want society to always be hampered.
>>
>>61195415
>>61195938
>two cucks are laughing at a cuck
Don't you cucks remember your own memes.
>rotherdam
>pojkar ar pojkar
>>
>>61195968
>Shutting down greenest energy to appease hippies.
>nuclear
>green

You probably think electric cars don't have an "eco footprint", too, right?

>Tailings_dam_from_uranium_processing..jpg
>>
>>61196005
>You know what kind of countries all that uranium comes from?
More like some African countries.
>>
>>61195703

Solar will never the most important energy source in germany.

It's not reliable. At night and during winter you get little to no energy out of them. So we'd essentially need enough batteries to store half a year worth of energy. Not only will this require a massive leap in technology, but we would need to pay AGAIN for constructing said batteries.

Don't get me wrong, If you want to build solar panels on your roof go ahead - but please pay for them yourself.

If you truly believe that solar panels are the future, then surely it would buy them even if they weren't subsidized?

I'd understand if you were hesistant to pay for them yourself if you were having doubts about the efficiency / cost effectiveness.
>>
>>61189892
>Lignite and Bitumin
>Baseload
>oil and hydro and BWR
>likely load-following(less efficent)
>Natural gas
>Peaker
>everyting else
>faggotry


At least those sleezy Germans aren't wasting Anthracite.
>>
>>61195601
>dams
>ecofriendly
Pick 1
>>
>>61196005
Do you know where silicone is produced?

It's a commonly mined together with rare earth minerals.

Who mines the most rare earth minerals?
>China

Where is our gas currently coming from?
>Russia

How is this better?
>>
>>61196334
Go fuck yourself. Kazakhstan aside, Australia and Canada are the biggest uranium exporters. And if there's any countries we should never be dependent of, it's Anglos.
>>
>>61196153
I never said my country wasen't shit.
I just laughed because he made a funny joke :)

Some folks just can't handle light-hearted humor i guess
>>
>>61196633
>How is this better?

They're not Australia and Canada.
>>
>>61196744
>dem evil anglos
kek

and here I thought you were arguing in favor of a secure supply of energy but turns out you're just spewing out memes
>>
>>61197044
>be opposed to the worst people in the world
>just spewing out memes
>>
>>61196283
>small, contained area of contamination
>the energy output from a nuclear plant is so much more more than that of coal/gas and the output from that plant that would replace the amount of coal/gas plants would literally save the environment.

Man, I thought germans were smart.
>>
>>61189600
Americans are so phased by the "n-word" (nuclear in this case).

Meanwhile, ultra-liberal France gets a yuge percentage of their power from nuke.

Ever heard of MRI? (magnetic image resonance)? It was originally called NMRI (nuclear), but they changed it for marketing because burgers are spooked on nukes.

AND ANOTHER THING, the next time some leftist fuck starts blabbing to you about fuel cells, remind him it's merely a battery, and the energy still has to be put into the cell (coming from fossil-fueled electric plants most often).
>>
>>61191854
>fuck up the planet
only way to fuck it up is to move it from its orbit dipshit (or blow it up)
is there any proteins and chlorophyll ? yes? then life is OK in the universe
were there any salmon 65 million years ago? probably not
will there be any salmon 65 million years from now? probably not

guess who is the only thing alive to make a backup for this planet? humans not your fucking salmon or pandas or lions
lion is going to do jack shit if meteor arrives
>>
>>61197145
Not quite. Our strength is prescience, not smarts per se. A stupid guy can be prescient. In any case, Germans mostly agree that going nuclear wouldn't be clever, even with the environmental advantages taken into account.
>>
>>61195651
>2. Dealing with the amount of neutrons produced

So wouldn't you just need to find a way to introduce boron or one of the other "fission poisons" inside of a fusion reactor? Or is that the hard part?
Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 46
Thread DB ID: 453373



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.