[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Japanese become a useful language in the coming years? Or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 32

File: nihongo1.jpg (14KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
nihongo1.jpg
14KB, 850x567px
Will Japanese become a useful language in the coming years? Or should we all be learning Chinese instead?
>>
>>61145448

what's your end goal?
>>
>>61145448
Japan died in 1945. What you see now is a perverse abomination.
>>
No one outside Japan speaks it and the Japanese don't want you in their country.

You tell me.
>>
>>61145541
this
/thread
>>
>>61145448
> he said, with an image of kanji
>>
>>61145448

Russian or Chinese. Russia has land. Never underestimate land.
>>
>>61145448
Japanese can't even read their own language properly. They have no chance.
>>
>Australia
Chinese.

Get yourself a Chinese gf. It's a goldmine since none of them are under 7/10 and most are qt as fuck.
>>
>>61145616
I guess this thread is in Latin right? xD
>>
>>61145448
English, Spanish, French, and Korean are the only 2nd languages worth learning for the foreseeable future.

>Spanish speaking spics are taking over America
>English is still the language of business
>French is the secondary language of business
>South Korea is growing
>Japan and Russia are stagnant
>China is in mid-collapse
>Africa is Africa and thus ignorable
>Middle East will be at war with itself for the next 20 years
>Germany is cucked and no one uses German in professional settings
>>
>>61145448

japanese is very useful, for people living in Japan, that's it

>>61145505

>xenophobic
>traditional
>patriarchal
>shintoism
>productive

pretty based desu senpai, even with all the hikki's and otaku

>11 out of 5000 syrian refugees applications accepted

pretty based
>>
>>61145448
it's useful if you can get a job in translations, that's about it. And yes, I do Jap to Eng trans.
>>
>>61145667
ほんまに?なんでやか?
>>
>>61145708
Like clockwork, it's the retarded weeaboo.
>>
>>61145448
As someone that studies Japanese very heavily its an extremely useless language to learn with no growth in it. They even have a bunch of English words in the language.
>>
>>61145707

>>Middle East will be at war with itself for the next 2000 years

ftfy
>>
>>61145448
Are you time traveler from 80s?
>>
>>61145781
I'm fairly sure that's completely wrong.
>>
>>61145708
>syrians applied refuge in japon

What were they thinking?
>>
File: turdeau.jpg (72KB, 382x422px) Image search: [Google]
turdeau.jpg
72KB, 382x422px
>>61145789

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>61145667
I'm pretty sure Nips can read all but the most complex Kanji from memory, like some word that's only used in obscure court documents or something.
Now writing Kanji from memory? Not as good as they should be.
>>
>>61145708
its not bad considering all of the bullshit, and the stuff promoting incel people isn't necessarily bad as long as they continue their streak of very strict immigration.i've heard it's outrageously crowded there

...whites on the other hand need to have more kids and stop getting gang raped by syed and jamal. japanese were never dumb enough to allow ridiculous amounts of unchecked, useless immigrants into their country so they don't need to worry as much
>>
>>61145885
He's a globalist pawn, no different from the conservatives where it counts.
If you look at it as shallow as you can you'll come up with stuff like this.
>>
I was told if you learn Mandarin you'll learn Nippon Banzai much quicker in a long run
>>
>>61145448
If you're trying to learn Japanese for the animu and/or comic strips you should know that Chinese fan translations for this media usually comes out quicker compared to English fan translations.

>>61145793
I don't think any languages are useless to learn. Learning a language opens the door into another way of thinking.
>>
>>61145858
>What were they thinking?
Gibsmedat

The assravage from leftleaning weeaboos was astronomical
>>
>>61145448
go for chinese or russian. seriously.
and for god's sake, don't buy into the animated comic jew.
>>
>>61145949
trudeau is a fucking dope, i dont know anyone who openly supports him and i even live in a riding where a liberal was elected. the people who voted for him are fucking embarrassed
>>
File: 1423537377578.png (231KB, 786x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1423537377578.png
231KB, 786x1016px
>>61145448
There is only one reason why anybody would want to learn japanese.
>>
File: 1450083328610.jpg (23KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
1450083328610.jpg
23KB, 300x404px
>>61145448
Mandarin bruh, studying it now. One of the most useful languages. Its hard as balls though.
>>
>>61146045
To get a cute wife?
>>
>>61146093
To read light novels that will never get another anime season. The devil is a part timer also comes to mind.
>>
>>61146045
Because Japan is on the top of their list of countries they'd like to visit? That's why I'm learning it.
>>
>>61145949

Say whatever you want, by 2050 Japan will be the only relevant country left in the planet that will be safe from a terrorist attack.
>>
>>61145448
You shouldn't learn a language based on how 'useful' it can be. If you don't have any interest other than that it's going to be very hard to commit and most likely end in a waste of time (and we don't live forever yet)
Either way, is there something you want to watch/read in chinese today ? (cartoons, books, movies, courses, sports, etc)
do you have desire to live in China ?

if you don't have any yes, don't learn it. You already know english and you'll be fine with it during the 21st
>>
>>61146152
This. I fucking mastered Japanese to read LNs. Helps that i know Chinese, i got the grammar and kanji down quick.
>>
>>61146181
>wanting to learn a language because you want to visit a country

unless you plan on going there regularly or doing business with japanese people there's no fucking point, seriously. people need to outgrow their fascination with japan and get in touch with their own culture.
>>
To be perfectly honest I'm just learning it because I need foreign language credits and figured I may as well indulge in my massive weebness if I'm gonna do it.
>>
Chinese is more useful if your planning to go in business
>>
>>61146272
Why? Western culture is literal shit.
>>
>>61145858
there a 1/500 chance to live in paradise no penalty for trying
>>
Planning on taking up Japanese so i can read untranslated hentai and manga.
>>
are there jewish weebs?
>>
>>61146272
I'm very in touch with my culture. I'm also interested in theirs.

You should stop letting imageboards dictate your opinions, Canada.
>>
>>61146272

>get in touch with their own culture.

stop projecting Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVeD-xwJh-k
>>
>>61146408
just off yourself now and be done with it
>>
>>61146426
>You should stop letting imageboards dictate your opinions, Canada.

r o f l. i didnt know not being an autistic weeb was equal to having my opinions dictated by a website.

>>61146397
it's become shit because da j00z obviously
>>
File: F5qnOPy.jpg (161KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
F5qnOPy.jpg
161KB, 960x544px
>>61146481
But don't you want to be able to read Moero Chronicle, untranslated?
>>
>>61146397
No, that's India
>>
>>61145448
say what you want about chinese being more useful in business but unless you are actually going to do business with the chinese you may not use it much, where as you may use japanese everyday for anime and games or whatever, considering youre on 4chan i think i can tell
>>
>>61145448
>Learning Japanese
Might as well learn Latin.
>>
>>61146152
This. Also to read untranslated VN and manga.
>>
File: 1449048526881.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1449048526881.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>>61146558
degeneracy
>>
>>61146543
>y-you wanna learn j-j-j-j-japanese for an-n-nime you must b-b-be a wweeeb! Yeah that's right America! Take that!!

Yeah, no thanks, ima learn a new language and split my time between being free as fuck in Texas and learning about another country I find interesting while you cry about other people liking what you don't like on an anonymous imageboard from the most irrelevant place on earth.
>>
>>61146543
Regardless of how it became shit, it is shit. Trump has a chance of saving us but I doubt it will help. Learning Nihongo to move to Area 11 and get a 2D wife is literally more possible than finding a place in America that hasn't been ruined by any of /pol/'s usual suspects.
>>
>>61145951
Probably just the kanji part. Vocab is the heart of learning Japanese. I started from there, and worked outwards to grammar and such. Learning from a traditional grammar book won't help you a whole lot in Japan. If you don't want to go to Japan, than it's not worth the effort. Learning Japanese takes a lot of time (studying every single day) and some money.
>>
>>61146481
Did someone touch you at a very young age?
>>
> tfw im too much of a fucking idiot too learn a complicated language like Japanese
>>
>>61145773
what do you need to get a job in translations, for example French to English?
>>
Unless you work in tourism in Australia it's probably not worth it. I do, and being fluent gets me about 7-8 extra dollars an hour over fellow hotel concierges, plus FUCKING INSANE tips from japanese who think all western nations are America and tipping is mandatory.

But yeah it's probably not globally applicable like say Spanish(?), English or Chinese.
>>
>>61146901
stop blaming us for everything
>>
>>61146879

I dunno, I think the grammar side is more similar to Korean so it would be easy to study that later. And Japanese does use kanji, so you could read some Chinese if you get good enough.
>>
>>61145448
Both of them wont rise in importance to the global level.

That meme about Chinese being lingua franca has been peddling by high acheaving deuchebag parents since mid 90s. Forcing their poor kids to learn something so unpractical.
>>
>>61145448
Learning a language is really something you should do just to market yourself, anon. It's an absolutely massive investment and if your only interest in it is to make a few more bucks you'll either not stick with it or get that job and be absolutely miserable. There are times to pick the marketable option, this is not one.
>>
File: 1452478608618.jpg (19KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452478608618.jpg
19KB, 500x250px
>>61145448
Learn German we are returning to our land soon in Israel, also learn Hebrew if you want, but Modern Hebrew and Biblical Hebrew are kind of different, close but not completely identical, Modern Hebrew is a reconstruction of Masoretic Hebrew.
>>
>>61147119
is not*
whoops.
>>
>>61146964
This. Same thing if you live in Hawaii. It's a regional, nice-to-have, niche, language. I would learn Chinese first, and pivot to Japanese if one finds it interesting--the simplified Hanzi will still give you about a 2000-2500 character head start on Kanji.
>>
Spend some time around gooks before learning one of their languages. I went to university with a bunch and we never spoke. They don't talk to anyone who isn't Asian and are impolite little cunts

If you want to interact with them you are a sadist. They are really ugly too and I say that with no irony from my inbred island, gooks are just that bad

Don't even enable the chinks. Regardless of their economy, just don't learn their languages. These countries need to fuck off and go back to irrelevance
>>
>>61147118
China said it will most likely keep English as a lingua franca, also if China is defeated in war no one will be speaking Chinese.
>>
>>61145448
You only need English and your second language (if you don't already have one) should be something you have interest in.
>>
>>61147196
...he said, as his island sank into the North Sea under the weight of Pakis and degeneracy.
>>
>>61145781

>なんでやか
>か

ようけ勉強せなあかん。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moro_-E4H0k
>>
>>61147294
He says as Obama increases the trillions of debt and floods your country with shitskins, while kikes strip it of all its wealth
>>
>>61147196
I've spoken to a lot of international students. It was mostly Chinese at my school, and more than one told me they just keep to themselves because other students tend to be dicks to them. Never had a bad experience with one personally. The Japanese I met at uni were either absolutely delightful or incredibly withdrawn. Hell, I started learning Japanese because I liked them so much. The Brazilians on the other hand were basically irl shitposters.

The one Aussie I "met" was a grad student giving a drunk lecture and no one could understand him. Good going, Australia.
>>
>>61147607
The difference is I'm not wishing your country ill because I'm afraid of competition. I don't WANT you to become irrelevant. You're scared of China, which is why you're shitting on it.
>>
>>61147710
They are dicks to everyone else. I've never seen such a race that just refuses to even sit with English students to talk to them. Nobody was a dick to them ever here but they just gave up when it was just gook groups huddled together in the corner never speaking English

>>61147734
Yeah that's it, I'm scared of an economy that will instantly dry up if people stop buying cheap plastic trinkets. Asians are just an awful race and all their cultures are terrible. They are just there to exploit and nothing else
>>
OP must be a huge weeaboo living under a rock. Japan by any official metric is in decline. It will stagnate heavily with its aging population this century.
>>
>>61147925
Kind of how all the drunk, sweaty Brits always hang out at the same hotels and bars, and never interact with the locals as they trot around the ruins of their former empire? You mean that kind of huddling together?

>Asians are just an awful race and all their cultures are terrible.

They're second only to Europe of the last 500 years. How does that make them terrible? That entire region is the only other pole of high human civilization on the planet. What the fuck is wrong with you? Maybe they don't teach East Asian history in school in the UK.
>>
>>61147925
I had a few approach me when I was just chilling, doing whatever. They would chat, talk about whatever basically. Their English wasn't great but if you listen you can definitely understand them. I wouldn't say they "give up," English is fucking hard to learn. Asian languages are hard too, but you'll be good as long as you know the vocab and very basic sentence structure. I get a sense that English is much "denser" than other languages, personally.
>>
File: Chiaki.jpg (442KB, 1227x1698px) Image search: [Google]
Chiaki.jpg
442KB, 1227x1698px
>>61145448

Japanese is useful for:

1- You're an Otaku (You love Japanese media)
2- You have ties with Japan (Work, Girlfriend)
3- You live in Japan (otherwise, you're an illiterate)

That's it.

>>61145951

Japanese and Chinese have the same relationship as Spanish has with Portuguese. So while "it helps", you'll not automatically and magically learn the other just because.
>>
>>61148231
He's right, senpai. "That entire region is the only other pole of high human civilization on the planet" umm.. you're thinking of Ancient China. The China of old was the only counter balance to Western civilization in antiquity. There is no Asian civilization in modernity. There is only Asian countries adopting Western civilization.
>>
>>61148336
portuguese and spanish are a hell of a lot closer than chinese and japanese
>>
>>61145448
>tfw I'm learning Danish just to read Kierkegaard.
>>
>>61145826
Kek
>tfw I didn't witness the based 80s
>>
>>61148261
No, everyone who knew English, including other internationals from Europe gave up trying to talk to the gooks. For every other region of the world it was an exchange of cultures and language, I picked up quite a decent amount of several European languages just due to exposure. For the gooks, it was just sit in the corner ignoring anyone that wasn't a flat face and pretending that not knowing English so well makes it impossible to speak to others despite all the Europeans managing it easily
>>
>>61148415
Why, because they wear suits? Please. Confucianism is still alive and well, and the Chinese communist government is almost identical to the family-elite bureaucracy of the Imperial era. Unlike Germany, Japan has refused to accept post-war narratives about its culture and people, and it depopulating in part because there are too many fucking people, and not enough opportunities, which makes the costs and stresses of having children undesirable. I doubt you've ever even been to East Asia, so that would mean you talking out of your ass. You'd call anyone who wasn't wearing silk robes and a painted face "western".
>>
>>61148336
What if I want to learn it to not be a filthy gaijin peasant when I go there as a tourist? I'd much rather be Japanese speaking gaijin master race tourist
>>
>>61148231
Did I hit a nerve?

Are you a pwoud Asian American defending his homeland's shitty culture and brief foray into relevance? Take your tiny penis and fantasies about how people act elsewhere
>>
>>61148776
>MUH DICK

If I'm Asian, you're a nigger
>>
>>61145781
Fuck off 汉奸
>>
>>61148851
Asians are just pathetic, and blacks don't have big dicks it's a myth that unwanted white sluts and v Jews perpetuated
>>
File: 1452902329969s.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1452902329969s.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
Am I a degenerate for trying to learn japanese as a third language?
>>
>>61148914
you're still a muh dicking nigger
>>
>>61148496
Why him?
>>
>>61148952
>learn a language
>degenerate
What the fuck is wrong with you mate?
>>
>>61145964
>opens another door of thinking

No it doesnt. Have you ever actually studied a language before? What does that even mean another door of thinking?
Honestly languages take to long to learn and really isn't worth the time. Ive already put in way too much time to quit but chose a different hobby than language learning.
>>
>>61148668
You sound like some Chink apologist, senpai -- probably cause you are one.

China in classical times was god tier. P.R.C. is a fucking laughing stock. Those retarded communists destroyed any and all Chinese identity, heritage, and culture. Modern day China is like if you removed someone's soul, er.. a science analogy would be like lobotomizing a person. I've never been to Chinkland, but I've seen Chink immigrants in my high school and college and there's something "off" with them. It's like if you told a barbarian to act civilized -- that's what a modern day Chinaman is. Don't know or care about other east asian countries. Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore etc. are only good because they're literally modeled on Western civilization.
>>
Chinese maybe. China will genocide japanese when ww3 starts.
>>
>>61148952
japanese is a worthless language to learn and won't ever do you any good. if you want to learn japanese just so you can watch your animes and dream about marrying a kawaii uguu~ japanese waifu then go for it. just don't pretend there's any other reasons
>>
>>61149033
The same thing happened to Russia, but the underlying civilizational instincts remained to be reintroduced in the present. The PRC is cultural impoverished, but the KMT probably couldn't have achieved what it has managed to do on the mainland--it probably wouldn't have even survived the Cold War. If China succeeds in reintroducing Confucianism into public life and schools, as is their current plan, I have no reason to think they won't continue on a good trajectory. After all, East Asian nations will be some of the last ethnically homogeneous societies left on the planet by the end of the century, and if /pol/ believes a damn thing it ever says, the lack of a race problem is the first criterion for a successful culture. That's why I'm not discounting them, not because of the idea that the greatness of their past is still alive and well in full.
>>
>>61149033
The communists did some damage but you're delusional if you think there exists a force on this planet that can change the fundamental character of a billion people country. Right now if you just check the news (not like the general stuff from Western media, but more specific news from within China) you'll see how much the government has embraced tradition.
>>
>>61149114
Fuck off faggot I hate anime and feel disgusted by Asians but I'm going to learn it to visit Japan and buy stuff. Also rare languages are translation opportunities
>>
Learning chinkrunes/moonrunes is basically interchangeable as moonrunes is bastardized chinkrunes. Learning dates is what will fuck you 先輩。
>>
>>61149387
>and buy stuff
like your animes and waifu pillows. no need to get mad about it, no one is judging you here, juanito. yeah, i called you juanito because i noticed your flag and i know the deal. i know you spics LOVE your anime and are the biggest fucking weeaboos around. like i said, no one is judging. just don't deny it
>>
>>61145448
It's mostly relevant in the entertainment industry.
That will change one day.
>>
>>61148231
Instead, they teach them that they come from Africans.
>>
>>61149387
Your flag says urgay lololol
>>
>>61145448
The Japanese are trying to make English their national language now. Enjoy learning a language deader than Latin.
>>
>>61145448
Study Chinese, the Japanese will always hate you even if you learn their language. It also provides zero advantage in business.

The Chinese hate you too, they'll just be less open about it. Also, if you can read/write Chinese you're less likely to get screwed over in business there. Which is still a bfd, even after the TPP inevitably passes. Also it's the written language of PRC, HK, Taiwan AND Japan. It opens more doors.

Japanese is a nicer sounding language, though. Don't even bother with Cantonese.
>>
>>61150448
Pretty much this, mandarin is the way to go
>>
>>61150448
>>61150519
a fair number wouldn't hate you if there wasn't a language barrier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTlDDE8DRAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qFpMqe5znM
>>
File: 4074477_f260.jpg (46KB, 260x477px) Image search: [Google]
4074477_f260.jpg
46KB, 260x477px
A kimono wearing otaku social studies professor and hikikomori was teaching a class on Asian History.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Emperor Akihito and accept that that the Japanese are the most highly-evolved human beings that the world has ever known."

At this moment, a sagacious, filial, scholar-gentleman who has scored ahead of 150,000 students in the Civil Service Exams and understood the full extent of the barbarity of those living outside Zhongguo held up a copy of the Nihon Shoki.

"What are the characters written upon the pages of the Nihon Shoki?"

The arrogant professor smirked, tightened his hachimaki, and smugly replied "Kanji, you baka."

"True, Kanji, which loosely translates into "Han characters." To be precise the Nihon Shoki is written in Guwen, which is Classical Chinese script. If the Japanese are indeed perfect human beings then they would have come up with their own culture & civilization as opposed to just borrowing from the Chinese or from anyone else."

The Professor was visibly shaken and dropped his calligraphy brush and copy of CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura. He stormed out of the room and tried to commit seppuku like in his animes.

The students applauded with a big "wansui!" and all signed up with the Popular Uprising that day and declared that the scholar-gentleman has the Mandate of Heaven. A dragon named "All Under Heaven" flew into the room and coiled around the Chinese flag and magically turned it yellow. The Analects was read several times, and the Jade Emperor himself showed up and enacted territorial seizures of disputed territories around the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of complications caused by an erroneous performance of the seppuku ritual and went to Diyu, where he is tried, found guilty, and punished by the Ten Yama Kings of Diyu.
>>
File: 1452902399669.png (117KB, 238x351px) Image search: [Google]
1452902399669.png
117KB, 238x351px
>>61150776

You posted this in another tread buddy.
>>
File: 1452827533325.jpg (28KB, 354x313px) Image search: [Google]
1452827533325.jpg
28KB, 354x313px
>>61145448

Speak Chinese
>>
File: 1440360869120.jpg (43KB, 462x445px) Image search: [Google]
1440360869120.jpg
43KB, 462x445px
>>61145448

Fuck China.

Japan will rise again!!
>>
>>61145448
yeah but it will be in the next like 50 years. humanoid/android industry revolution will ever 100% happen in japan and it will be a paradigm shift for human society. thats when the language will be useful or beneficial because its industry will be almost monopolized by japan.
we already have the proof that all the others still fucking suck at human modelings in both 2d and 3d, especially faces. although it takes a long time. in other words it wont have been useful until then.
>>
>>61148740
The Japanese won't think you're a master race gaijin for trying to learn Japanese, they'll think you're a cuck and laugh at you behind their back

don't do it
>>
File: le canadien grenouille.jpg (26KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
le canadien grenouille.jpg
26KB, 420x420px
>>61152126
We have a far-right politician here who studied in Japan, is fluent in Japanese and whose wife is Japanese and he has a pretty good standing in Japan.
>>
>>61151903
Why does a robot need a face in order for it to make me a sandwich?
>>
File: 1452654576965.jpg (118KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1452654576965.jpg
118KB, 550x733px
>>61152227

Qui?
>>
>>61152488
>>
>>61152227

no offense, but why are the French such weebs?

no offense.
>>
>>61152227
This. There is actually kinda of a France Town in Japan where a lot of French citizens live there since their husbands or wives are there for diplomatic/economic related jobs.
>>
>>61145541
Australians often do work and visit Japan and we have Japanese companies in Australia, plus a lot of trade (I belive they are our 2nd biggest importer)
>>
>>61152576
We have a similar spirit.
>>
File: 1363391014129.png (973KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1363391014129.png
973KB, 1024x768px
>>61145448
there is literally no logical reason to learn Japanese when you can learn Greek and join the empire
unless you are a weeb
are you a weeb?
>>
>>61145927
>japanese were never dumb enough to allow ridiculous amounts of unchecked, useless immigrants into their country so they don't need to worry as much
They live on a fucking Island on the other side of the planet. Do you even geography?
>>
>>61145448
There are three uses for it.

1.Diplomatic corps
2.English teacher
3.Weeb.
>>
Chinese or indian are supposidely going to be major markets.

I don't believe it though.

learn Chinese and Japanese.

Japan or US will lead the world in commercially available robots.
>>
>>61145448
It won't become any more or less relevant than its currently been for the last 600 years.
If you plan on doing anything useful in China or Japan then you should learn their language.
>>
>>61152822

england
>>
>>61152576

It seems to be the other way around. The Japs are in the twilight stages of an obsession with everything France. The two countries do share a love of aesthetics and both have discerning tastes.

My bets are on Japan moving on to obsess over the Aussie culture next... God help us all.
>>
>>61152851
England is a kike stronghold
>>
>>61151903
I will travel to Japan, will I be able to meet girls there if I only speak english?
>>
>>61152869

the eternal anglo
>>
>>61145448
Same dilemma as OP. I am fluent in German, Russian, English and Spanish. And I just can't decide whether to learn Chinese or Japanese. Chinese is hard as fuck to speak because of the sounds and there is nothing that interests me culturally like movies or manga. Japanese on the other hand is beautiful in my ears and there is a shitload of things I can read like ln, vn and manga but it's just not a very useful language.
China is crashing though and will likely become the next Japan economically, so it will be not very relevant.

Actually this thread just made me decide.
>>
>>61152879
>will I be able to meet girls

Why do all faggot anglos ask that kind of shit
>>
>>61145448
I hope so because currently I only use it to read gay visual novels, and that seems a bit of a vaste.
>>
>>61152865
Mad Max anime when?
>>
>>61152865

japans obsess over French, german and sadly American culture.
>>
>>61152916
perhaps because I'm not a flaming homo like you are.......
>>
>>61152905
Chinese cinema is pretty awesome though, and their literature is great.

For some reason it's just not very popular here outside of academical circles.
>>
>>61152937

>>
>>61152655
they want your precious resources, not you
>>
>>61152940
>sadly American culture.
American culture is great
>>
File: mishima-2de1nj8.jpg (832KB, 1074x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mishima-2de1nj8.jpg
832KB, 1074x1200px
>>61152963
How am I a flaming homo ?
>>
File: kenshiro.jpg (52KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
kenshiro.jpg
52KB, 500x313px
>>61152939
About 30 years late to the party, guy.
>>
>>61153007

miley cyrus and Justin beiber are shit
>>
>>61145448
>Will Japanese become a useful language in the coming years?
It's the second most useful language for entertainment already.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6m7WLmAUeY>>61153010
>>
>>61146152
>tfw s3 never
>>
>>61153010
well you are an enculé to start with.....
second you suck every muslim dick you can see
you are unable to defend what is left of your country
>>
>>61145541
este hombre tiene el sentido comun
>>
why doesn't pol create a militia like Mishima did?
>>
File: yukio-mishima-5.jpg (319KB, 1202x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yukio-mishima-5.jpg
319KB, 1202x1600px
>>61153087
You don't know me senpai.

>>61153063
We could have saved the shogunate.
The whole post Renaissance era is choke-full of balance-tipping points that would have changed the world but the French leaders were not concerned enough to pursue.
>>
>tfw taking my Japanese my last year of college for fun

Fuck, should I have taken Korean?
>>
>>61153026
I'm thinking more like Orson Wells
The Doors, Velvet Underground,
a shitload of movies from the US are great, writers, painters, don't shit on your own culture
>>
>>61153087

cucknadians are not anyone to talk
>>
>>61153213

that is dead.

all we have left is wiggerism
>>
File: 1399995382383.jpg (91KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
1399995382383.jpg
91KB, 553x369px
>>61145448
Japan's time of glory is still to come. Once the rightful rule of the holy sovereign, his majesty the emperor, is restored we shall once again fight to free the orient from the cancer of western manipulation.

大日本帝國万歳!
>>
If you do not want to loose out, have both Chinese and English
If you like jap culture, learn jap
Learning Chinese (mandarin) will help with jap too
>>
>>61153260
no
it's just that you are a total ignorant about your own culture, and you wallow in that ignorance like a pig in shit, because deep inside that's what you truly are, a pig
>>
>>61145448
>Will Japanese become a useful language in the coming years? Or should we all be learning Chinese instead?

neither
the future will speak arabic
>>
>>61152940
The idealized version of "Americana" culture between the '20s and '60s ain't that bad and holds its own to other top-tier cultural periods really. It's the post-80's counter-culture that sucks dick and is everything wrong with the world.
>>
>>61153298

don't forget about world jewry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFE0qAiofMQ
>>
File: peste_13.jpg (705KB, 1600x1578px) Image search: [Google]
peste_13.jpg
705KB, 1600x1578px
>>61153298
The only thing that can save japan is kicking out the Koreans, Chinks and pinoys and going isolationist again.
War with the outside will only get you integrated either into China or into America
>>
Fuck japanese, we in the Netherlands are allready learning arabic to please our soon to be islamic overlords. I advise you all to do the same.
>>
>>61153371
Arabic and Dutch are the same throat cancer shit so desu you're already right at home.
>>
>>61145964
>Chinese fan translations
That's not English. It's gibberish that looks vaguely like English, and is usually a translation of the Chinese translation anyhow.
>>
>>61153344

come on! must people in America don't even listen to those bands you mentioned.

Its either some nigger or some wigger that people go on about.

Modern American culture is a cancer.
>>
>>61153402
At least Dutch sound like verbal diarrhea like French does.
>>
>>61153452
that Quentin Tarantino film wasn't that bad, I must have seen at least 10 really good american films this year
>>
File: valls_bilan.png (306KB, 511x339px) Image search: [Google]
valls_bilan.png
306KB, 511x339px
>>61153452
Even "classical" American culture is garbage.

You people were already thought of as white niggers in the 19th century.

>They fail to see the extent to which America is “negrified” not only racially and demographically, but above all in its civilization, in the behavior, and tastes of Americans, even when there has been no actual mixing with negro blood.
>Instead, besides its Puritan-Protestant component (which, in turn, as a result of its fetishistic emphasis on the Old Testament, possesses many judaized, degenerate traits), it seems that it is precisely the negro element, in its primitivism, that has set the tone in important aspects of the American psyche.
Julius Evola

>Another thing that struck me [in the American] was the great influence of the Negro, a psychological influence naturally, not due to the mixing of blood. The emotional way an American expresses himself, especially the way he laughs, can best be studied in the illustrated supplements of the American papers; the inimitable Teddy Roosevelt laugh is found in its primordial form in the American Negro. The peculiar walk with loose joints, or the swinging of the hips so frequently observed in Americans, also comes from the Negro.[3] American music draws its main inspiration from the Negro, and so does the dance. The expression of religious feeling, the revival meetings, the Holy Rollers and other abnormalities are strongly influenced by the Negro. The vivacity of the average American, which shows itself not only at baseball games but quite particularly in his extraordinary love of talking – the ceaseless gabble of American papers is an eloquent example of this – is scarcely to be derived from his Germanic forefathers, but is far more like the chattering of a Negro village. The almost total lack of privacy and the all-devouring mass sociability remind one of primitive life in open huts, where there is complete identity with all members of the tribe.
C.G. Jung
>>
>>61145448
No and no. Japan peaked in the 80s, China 2 years ago.
>>
>>61153194
it's ridiculous that Yukio commited suppuko and his fellow partner could not behead him immidiately.
>>
File: go-metric-5408073424_f4ff012bda.jpg (90KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
go-metric-5408073424_f4ff012bda.jpg
90KB, 500x429px
>>61150345
That's going to be as wildly successful as when America went metric.
>>
>>61145964
>comic strips
True. It's rather challenging to find raws in the original Japanese. Still, translations (especially into Chinese or English) are so disgusting compared to the original they might as well not exist.
>>
>>61153600
Americans are white niggers, can we ban them all now?
>>
>>61153600
you're an absolute imbecile
primary anti-american culture basher
typical french ignorance
>>
>>61152760
PAY DENBTS
>>
>>61153659
>could not behead him immediately

Shit happens, at least his kaishakunin had the honor of killing himself as well.
>>
>>61153667

Nope code isn't written in metric dumbfuck

English will be the universal language in 50 years because of coding
>>
File: 40337599_p5.jpg (137KB, 700x989px) Image search: [Google]
40337599_p5.jpg
137KB, 700x989px
>>61145448
Took the N3 last time, scored in the 2nd percentile.This year, I'll try the N2 (though I'm currently already somewhere between N2 and N1 level, gotta aim for them highscores) and I'll go for the N1 next year.
My interest in Japanese started out like with everyone else, gaems and anime. But since I started being able to read Japanese without much of a problem, it's just lost some of its magic. At the moment, I pretty much just continue doing it for the challenge, and being able to "read" doujinshi without having to rely on shitty translations is also kinda nice.
Waste of time and money? Maybe. But at this point, the daily vocab and kanji has just become something I want to do every day. Plus it's probably a good memory exercise.

Any N* bros on /pol/?
>>
>>61150345
>A language spoken by people today will die in your lifetime

That's not how language works. At worst, Japanese will continue to incorporate borrowed words from other languages and continue its progression into being a largely different language from what it was a century before... as it's pretty much done for nearly two millennia since the Chinese discovered the island.

Shit, by your definition of a "dead language" English has died about four or five separate deaths in the last 1000 years alone. Japanese is a fucking iron wall of language preservation compared to some of the radical shifts English went through following the Norman conquest.
>>
>>61153366
fuck i didnt know there was more peste noir out! thanks anon!!
>>
File: gohei mochi.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
gohei mochi.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>61154042
Good luck. N2 ain't so bad if you keep a well-rounded study regimen of new words, grammar and kanji up while figuring out how to study quickly with contextual knowledge that goes beyond rote memorization.
The fluency gap between N2 and N1, though, is wider than the fucking grand canyon. I've been stuck here at N2 for a better part 2 years. If you can't breeze through a Japanese newspaper like you could in your native language, or listen and fully understand a college-level lecture, N1 is pretty much out of reach.
>>
>>61153298
plz dont bomb darwin again
>>
Why is Japanese comedy so good? French comedy still kicks their ass hard but Japanese humor is easily levels above most western comedy when it isn't shitty puns and misunderstandings.
>>
File: laughing-frog-l.jpg (24KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-frog-l.jpg
24KB, 552x414px
>>61154726
>French comedy still kicks their ass hard

fucking wot m8
>>
>>61154783
You guys have really good poop jokes.
>>
>>61153002
To fucking bad. If japs want our coal, they have to buy it from us.
>>
File: weedmanlmao.jpg (104KB, 808x790px) Image search: [Google]
weedmanlmao.jpg
104KB, 808x790px
>>61145448
After the depreciation of the Yen in the mid '80s to early 90s no way in hell.
Though the Canadian dollar isn't doing too well either.
>>
>>61154979

why does Australia whine over stupid whales being eaten by japs but says nothing about becoming an extension of south east asia?
>>
File: 1452647788056.png (539KB, 628x625px) Image search: [Google]
1452647788056.png
539KB, 628x625px
>>61155279
>that flag
>>
>>61145707
Are Americans genuinely this retarded?

Korea is literally a knock off Japan, Japan was growing at some point, Korea is literally slowing down already they have the exact same demographic issue already looming. The only difference being is that Japan is the main regional power along with China while South Korea is more the baby, Japan has much more international presence and weight. Japan has literally double the people and triple the GDP. If Korean is a worthwhile second-language then Japanese is only more so. Japan is so big it can stagnate forever and be relevant, Korea can't ever reach that level.

>French is the secondary language of business

fucking what lmao? Arguably French is still important sure but the secondary language of business in the current year, delusion.

Spanish is worthless for a European but I can see why Americans might be interested, although along your line of thought the entire Latin world is fucked and basically Africa level of relevance anyway.

I agree Mandarin is overrated but its not worth less than Korean.

Maybe its because I'm in Europe but German is no less used professionally than French, the English level of the German world is far overrated. Despite being cucked the German speaking world is probably the highest quality area in the world and is a literal economic monster, the language isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>61147196
Nah you must be talking about the mainland Chinese.

Some of the Koreans could be a lil wierd but for the most part Koreans/HKers/Japs that came to uni here are doing so because they are interested in the west to an extent and therefore a decent enough. They tend to gather with other Asians sure but its only natural i though they are generally pretty decent.

Honestly actually some of the mainland Chinese were decent enough if you actually talk to them.
>>
>>61150776
Hey man come to /afr/
>>>53657988
>>
>>61152126
Whatever, I'd rather understand what they say to limit the chances of getting ripped off.
>>
>>61145448
Try spanish or arab lol
>>
>>61150776
you're devaluing your flag, stop it.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.