[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Race A Social Construct Or A Biological Fact?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 30

File: humans.jpg (50KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
humans.jpg
50KB, 800x531px
The debate continues from this thread:

>>61114508

I'll let other's chime-in before I respond.
>>
>>61142717
Why don't you do the research and come to the conclusion yourself.

I had to take an elective for some shit for my degree and took anthropology. In the same breath the teacher said finches on the galapagos were different because of beak size, she said all people are exactly the same and race is a social construct.
>>
Of-fucking-course it's a biological fact. The only reason people started claiming otherwise was because of PC liberal brainwashing. If you acknowledge the reality of the situation, you are shunned, like James Watson.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/01/dna-james-watson-scientist-selling-nobel-prize-medal

I don't care enough to post a link, but there's also the fact that sub-saharan africans typically have IQs that place them in the "mentally retarded" range. Of course, once it became unacceptable to acknowledge that fact, IQ tests suddenly became an "unreliable way of measuring intelligence."

And then there is the whole sub-species, thing. Biologists will literally consider an animal a sub-species simply because it has a larger beak, or more/less stripes, or different coloring. And yet, people that evolved seperatly from each other for tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of years, and have obvious physical and mental differences, are considered to be the "same."

tl;dr, you are literally brainwashed if you think niggers and whites aren't different sub-species.

Pic related: what it's like to "teach" these animals.
>>
File: 1451866152564 (1).jpg (2MB, 1303x4720px) Image search: [Google]
1451866152564 (1).jpg
2MB, 1303x4720px
>>61144062
>>
>>61142717
In a way, both.
>>
>>61142717
How can progressives claim that there is more than two genders but only one race?

Seems a little contradictory.
>>
File: 1292935760082.jpg (74KB, 1020x759px) Image search: [Google]
1292935760082.jpg
74KB, 1020x759px
>Forensic biologists today are literally able to determine a person's race from their DNA.
>No, it can't possibly be a biological fact.
>>
>>61144283
This.
>>
File: 5775.jpg (26KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
5775.jpg
26KB, 650x366px
>>61142717
The genetic distance between Whites (British) and Blacks (Bantu) is 0.23:

http://www.genetics.org/content/105/3/767.abstract

The FST between the common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) and the bonobo (Pan paniscus) is 0.103 which is half the White-Black difference despite the two being classified as separate species:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0018442X04700335

The FST between two gorilla species, Gorilla gorilla and Gorilla beringei is 0.04 or 1/6 the difference between Blacks and Whites:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/klu/bioc/2005/00000014/00000009/00004781;jsessionid=ebk3f9ja9mb61.alexandra?format=print

http://www.berggorilla.org/fileadmin/gorilla-journal/gorilla-journal-20-english.pdf

The FST between humans and Neanderthals is less than 0.08 or about 1/3 the Black-White difference:

http://www.pnas.org/content/100/11/6593.abstract

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/8/1359.full

The FST between humans and homo erectus is 0.17 which is 3/4 the Black-White distance:

Thus, whites and blacks are more genetically distant than two different chimpanzee species, two different gorilla species, humans vs. Neanderthals, and humans vs. homo erectus.
>>
>>61142717
It's a fact. Why would they be born so different if they weren't so much different from us?
>>
File: Tyler-Possessed-.png (186KB, 630x321px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-Possessed-.png
186KB, 630x321px
Race is a social construct invented by whites to oppress other naturally occurring races.
>>
>>61142717

society is a biological construct

sage
>>
I say social construct. They are some smart black, but their are a lot of dumb blacks. They are smart whites, but several stupid whites (looking at you Trump Supports, you wanna win? - Rand,Marco or Jeb). What is the difference of a race beside the culture? You can breed out the color.
>>
>>61142717
living is a social construct

just kill yourself
>>
different branches of same tree, like each individual person at the micro level

why get all anal about classification?
>>
>>61142717
Race in humans is an equivalent term to subspecies in other organism. If subspeciation is a social construct then, and only then, is race too a social construct
>>61144062
>wut da fug mang
Holy shit I never thought it was that much. Wow. Just...wow
>>
OP here. I am the molecular biologist from the aforementioned post.

Let me go ahead and break it down so that we can end this tiresome meme once and for all. We'll start backwards and move forwards.

>SOME PEOPLE INSIST ON BELIEVING IN RACIAL SUPERIORITY
Let's just face it--it's true. Obviously, many people believe people of color to be genetically and thereby racially inferior.
>It is THIS belief that makes no biological sense!
Those who argue racial superiority choose Intelligence Quotient as their badge and shield. Firstly, IQ is neither a scientific nor accurate means to determine human aptitude. Moreover, a relatively high IQ doesn't guarantee biological success.
>NATURE FAVORS REPRODUCTIVE SUCCESS OVER INTELLIGENCE
So if that's the case, then brown-skinned people would be "superior" due to sheer population. However, to put it plainly:
>THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC MEANS OF DETERMINING RACIAL SUPERIORITY

>Cont.
>>
>>61145657
Not >>61144062
This>>61145003
>>
Does it matter if it is a social construct? The way we interpret science is a purely social construct.
>>
>>61145453
>why get all anal about classification?
I'm going to give you two glasses full of fluid. One is filled with H2O and the other with H2O2. Just go ahead drink whichever since being perfectly clear is inessential to you.
>>
File: IMG_UNu11_16_15_1.jpg (48KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_UNu11_16_15_1.jpg
48KB, 718x404px
There's only one race -- the human race.
>>
>>61145776
not exactly the same but ok
>>
>>61145776
Because being anything but pure white is instant death.

Your argument is fucking stupid. The fact that any race can live as long as any other, have as many children, lift as much weight, eat the same foods, and sleep the same hours just shows that the differences ARE negligible and not worth fussing over.
>>
>>61145673
When it comes to race, the biological perspective is that humans are all the same species. Within that species, various humans exhibit different traits. NO, there are no subspecies of humans among us. We are, in fact, a subspecies of the great apes. We are all considered "modern" humans.

For a biologist like myself, to put credence on traits that are entirely superficial makes no sense in the grander scheme of what makes a living thing survivable or not. So to us, things like skin color, hair color, eye color, head shape, cranial capacity, etc. are all just TRAITS.

CLASSIFICATION is done through taxonomy in biology. But COLLOQUIALLY, we can talk about race. That colloquial nature of race is why biologists will often argue that race is merely a social construct. YES, we know that black people and white people and Asian people etc. can be different in APPEARANCE, but that is only a deadly small fraction of BIOLOGICAL difference. i.e.; We are genetically only 2% different from chimpanzees, and even in that margin look at how similar we are vs how different we are. There is no such margin among humans. We are all just HUMANS.

>Cont.
>>
>>61145300
TRUMP supporters like myself are simply anarchists. Fuck the two party system, lets see them keep jerking off in Congress after we vote someone that fucking awful in.

However back to the original convo, genetics is not a social construct, niggers are in fact on average less intelligent than whites. There are exceptions but their bodies are better suited to picking cotton and shooting hoops than thinking or staying out of jail
>>
>>61142717
Let's be honest. Absolutely no one takes this "debate" seriously besides liberal missionaries who have only fully experienced white suburbia.
>>
>>61142717
It's biological. There is even medicine that works better on different races.
>>
>>61142717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOYO4KwJbzc
>>
>>61144143
An extremely sad and disturbing article from Mr. Jackson. That said, absolutely everyone in the United States should read it. Let's quit the sentimentalism and start running our country like men, not a bunch of whiny pussies
>>
File: 1447651555535.png (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447651555535.png
178KB, 500x500px
>>61142717
Biological.

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/genomicresearch/snp

Ignore the bullshit. Common sense is usually right.
>>
>>61146076
If all this is true (and it's not, libcuck) what do you make of Prof. Lahn's 2005 research on brain genetics?
>>
>>61146076
>Subspecies of great apes
You have no clue about biology at all if you use subspeices like that
>>
File: 1452753154583.jpg (21KB, 279x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452753154583.jpg
21KB, 279x288px
>>61145939
Just making a point. Semantics is invaluable.
>>61146035
>This thing which is clearly a difference should not be noted because why bother.
Be as willing ignorant as you'd like. It won't make you anymore correct or the differences go away.
>>
File: genetic_distances[1].jpg (80KB, 791x479px) Image search: [Google]
genetic_distances[1].jpg
80KB, 791x479px
Biological. There's nothing wrong with that either. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 603x923px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 603x923px
>>61142717
Race is a tough thing to define as a "social" or "biological" construct.. The fact is our classification system is human made, being revised all the time, and the rules change.. A species is defined as an actually or potentially interbreeding population (kinda drunk may have fucked that up) in the past, human populations were not potentially interbreeding. The Atlantic Ocean separated us. The Sahara desert separated us, so as a biologist in the past humans would have been grouped into separate species. With technology we've gone from not interbreeding to interbreeding, we are the same species now.. Does that mean our separate evolutionary histories have been dissolved? As a BS in biology my opinion is no. We evolved differently, we are not all the same, as nice as that would be. I guess that's all I have to say I'll answer any questions if I'm cool enough to get any
>>
File: nig.jpg (42KB, 577x502px) Image search: [Google]
nig.jpg
42KB, 577x502px
>>61146076
Carleton Coon (Harvard), the greatest anthropologist of the 20th century, divided the human race into several divisions Negroid being the least developed and articulated. He estimated they had inhabited the sapiens state for only 40,000 years while whites had for 240,000 years. For all these people who do an elaborate little dance around this issue, this is what we're dealing with here people. Is this the inheritance we want to pass along to future generations?
>>
>>61146076
Again, with a misguided notion of racial superiority, people want to ascribe BEHAVIOR to RACE. I can assure you that race alone doesn't determine behavior with scientific acuity. Humans ****tend**** to be social creatures. We gather a lot from our environment and those we come into contact with. To say that someone behaves a certain way BECAUSE of their race has ZERO scientific merit. You may make all the generalizations you care to, but there is no laboratory experiment you can perform within sigma that says that human behavior follows a racial code.

What I mean by that is this: If science didn't know the precise speed of light in a vacuum, our atomic clocks would not work and we wouldn't have GPS. You can know this measurement to millionths of parts of a human hair.

>YOU CANNOT DO THE SAME WITH EQUAL RELIABILITY WITH HUMAN BEHAVIOR!

That is why ascribing RACE to BEHAVIOR doesn't work. It's not accurate, and not provable under laboratory conditions, i.e.; works the same in my laboratory as it does yours as it does in countries A, B, C, and so on.

>Fin.
>>
File: 1445582573397.jpg (118KB, 772x561px) Image search: [Google]
1445582573397.jpg
118KB, 772x561px
>>61142717
To a large extent it is sociological, but there is a biological foundation which cannot be ignored.

This is the mistake libtards make: throwing the baby out with the bathwater, they not only ignore the biological component of race but dogmatically reject it.

Ask any physical anthropologist whether race exists.
>>
>>61145673
>>61146076

Also I just wanted to clarify that I'm an ass pirate and I like to get sloppy seconds on a nigger after my wife finishes fucking him

Since I'm a molecular biologist I truly appreciate gagging on dindu dick
>>
>>61146693
I'm gonna have to disagree with you man. Genetics influence a lot. Animals do some wacky stuff because of their genes, some birds know their migratory patterns without any kind of mentor, solely through their genes. To say race (genetics) does not influence behavior is wrong. Of course not all black people or Asians or whites HAVE to act a certain way because of their race, but the general trend remains true
>>
>>61146693
>But there is no laboratory experiment you can perform within sigma that says that human behavior follows a racial code.
Which also means that you can't really perform a experiment that says that a race doesn't. So your argument is also lacking actual evidence.
>>
File: 1438840211085.jpg (74KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1438840211085.jpg
74KB, 450x472px
>>61146076
>>61146693
>>61145673
>>61142717
OP are you jewish perchance?
>>
RACE IS JUST A PRANK BRO RACE IS JUST A PRANK
>>
>>61146144
Fine, explain neil degrasse tyson and Kevin Federline
>>
>>61147002
Bell Curve
>>
As I rebut your posts, I will argue from the following immutable points:

>1.) Humans are all the same species: There are no subspecies among us "modern" humans

>2.) Intelligence DOES NOT guarantee biological success!

>3.) Intelligence Quotient IS NOT an accurate or even viable measure for biological robustness!

>4.) Although we can make generalizations, human behavior cannot be adequately determined under laboratory conditions in such a way that we can know precisely what factors drive said human behavior: The deviation for which is so drastic that it is not worth attempting to measure in the first place

You may now rampantly attack my character, i.e., me being a cuckold, a Jew, and a negro as you please--as if any of that has anything to do with my grasp of the biological sciences. Good hunting.
>>
>>61144062
This. I overheard a barista bitch at a hipster coffee shop mention "besides, race is a social construct, tee hee hee" & wanted to smack her silly. Sure, ok. Guess that's why sickle cell only effects blacks. Maybe the disease didn't get the memo.

It's like liberals overhear something & just parrot it like retards with no critical thinking. And they claim libs are more educated than conservatives. But I never ever hear conservatives say such stupid things.
>>
>>61147002
Are you serious nigger? He essentially said blacks iq bell curve is lower and you're saying explain the 99th percentile
>>
>>61147056
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>61147056
Someone is going to take this as me admitting that I am a cuckold, a Jew, and a negro. I will use this post to gloat about it...
>>
Don't ask /pol/ ask an expert!

https://lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/woodley-2009-is-homo-sapiens-polytypic-human-taxonomic-diversity-and-its-implications.pdf

>he Sub-Saharan African (Bantu) and Australopapuan (Aborigine) genetic difference as measured by SNP’s is greater than the genetic distance between both the two species of gorilla ( Gorilla gorilla and Gorilla beringei ), and greater than the distance between the common chimpanzee and the bonobo as measured by mtDNA

Thanks expert!
>>
>>61147056
>1.) Humans are all the same species: There are no subspecies among us "modern" humans

already disproved see
>>61147204
>>
File: 1438181680735.jpg (75KB, 799x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438181680735.jpg
75KB, 799x500px
>>61146693
>>61146693
>Again, with a misguided notion of racial superiority, people want to ascribe BEHAVIOR to RACE.

straw man. we are not talking about superiority/inferiority which cannot

>I can assure you that race alone doesn't determine behavior with scientific acuity.

You are already accepting that race does play some role in defining behavior. Of course it may not be the determining factor, but a factor it is nonetheless.
Race exists.
>>
>>61147302
*we are not talking about superiority/inferiority here we are discussing the existence of race.
>>
>Race is a social construct
>You can prove this, by having two "black" people sleep together
>The baby they produce could be any fucking color you can imagine, because nothing is real
>>
>>61146935
Why yes. Yes I am. In fact, Woody Allen and I often have brunch together and share stories of our unbearable families while dining on bagels and lox. What self-fulfilling preconception could I have possibly satisfied in you?

Do you care to go ahead and disparage me for my ethnic heritage that I cannot control, or do you have something else to add to the topic of discussion?

>>61147204
>>61147262
This publication literally says "hypothesis" in the title. There is nothing conclusive therein.
>>
>>61147401

Case and point, non Caucasian.
>>
Let me be clear and say that the argument isn't whether or not race exists at all.

From a biologist's perspective, RACE EXISTS, but only as a means of distinguishing superficial traits among humans, and as a mere colloquialism in science--namely the biological sciences.
>>
>>61142717

Why is this even a debate?

-It's not Race, It's Breeds

>Different facial structures
>Identifiable DNA patterns
>Different patterns based on breeds
>Measurable IQ differences
>etc
>etc

If you can measure the differences consistently, then there's your proof.
>>
>>61143610
Taxonomy isn't biology. It's bookkeeping.
>>61144062
IQ was never fully accepted as a test for intelligence. Intelligence itself has no strict or empirically rigorous definition.

You retards pissing around about subspecies is stupidly political. Science is the collections of empirically verifiable knowledge. Taxonomy has no relation to science.
>>
File: 1452903452616.png (239KB, 2891x877px) Image search: [Google]
1452903452616.png
239KB, 2891x877px
>>61147473
>hypothesis

yes and it was born out in the results as already explained above

yes that's how experiments work. Go back to your 3rd grade science class now.

also

>3.) Intelligence Quotient IS NOT an accurate or even viable measure for biological robustness!

Laughable
There are already genes linked to higher intelligence/IQ

>Researchers have believed for some time that intellect is inherited with studies suggesting that up to 75 per cent of IQ is genetic,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

There is even a gene for aggression
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29760212

Looks like you're up shit creek without a paddle at this point
>>
File: dlpeeps.jpg (62KB, 576x382px) Image search: [Google]
dlpeeps.jpg
62KB, 576x382px
>>61147473
Oh look, its the insufferably sanctimonious Jew telling everybody how to think again.

But stereotypes aren't true either are they?
>>
I'm currently writing my doctoral thesis on a split race of the congoloids that enhabit the south of the Congo basin.
So yes, biological race does exist and so says this biological anthropologist.
>>
>>61146906
Burden on proof lies on the person making the assumption.
>>
File: 1387164039004.png (599KB, 1010x880px) Image search: [Google]
1387164039004.png
599KB, 1010x880px
>>61147473
I just find it interesting.
I hope this admission is not facetious, kike.
>>
>>61147685
IQ test have been proven to give consistent results and are therefore useful at measuring cognitive ability

https://books.google.com/books?id=AUYFAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA278&lpg=PA278&dq=IQ+tests+consistent+results&source=bl&ots=cvYp56m8fo&sig=U0Y-eMYjUthjqRViZ2A4xmaHljA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwik_uSc8q3KAhVGKiYKHSa8CHwQ6AEINTAF#v=onepage&q=IQ%20tests%20consistent%20results&f=false

It's actually more consistent than most other psychology tests.
>>
>>61147767
Thank you based Canada
>>
>>61147906
Want to really thank me? After I become a 'doctor' look out for a book with the Authors last name Hess, I'll be publishing it in the USA and some parts of the EU in 7 to 9 months. It'll be about subspecies of humans.
>>
>>61147767
Anyone who believes "race doesn't exist" is either an idiot, sentimentalist, or an insufferable Jew who has the compulsive need to tell everyone else how and what to think and live. Sorry, the feigned anti-Semetic outrage can't work to your advantage here.

You can possibly have any experienced any ghettos or having been outnumbered by them in the classroom and dismiss the reality of race. For anyone to say "race doesn't exist" is hysterically absurd and the fact were having this debate in the 21st century is absolutely pitiful and forecasts and documents our decline.

The Jews have been the principal sources of the the race does not exist mean though Boas and Marx. Just because the Jews are permanent ghetto-dwellers and thats where they feel most at home doesn't give them the excuse to turn the entire world into a giant ghetto.
>>
>>61148069
I want to believe
>>
>>61147763
Already saw this coming...
>>61147154

>>61147736
I'm afraid YOU are the one lacking in understanding of this term:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis
>Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.

>>61147462
"Black" people often have children that have different skin tones, and even children that have caucasoid traits. I've met at least two black women in my life who had crystal blue eyes and fair "white" skin. One was a "mulatto" and the other born of two "dark black" skinned parents.

The notion of RACE doesn't have a PRECISE MEASURE the biological sciences and is thereby ignored.

>>61147875
I'm afraid I'm having fun at your expense. No hard feelings?
>>
>>61142717
I farted.
>>
>>61144062
'
To bad biology disagrees with you. There are no subspecies in humans; get over it.
>>
>>61147778
Except everyone is making an assumption, either that there is a biological race or this is not
>>
>>61148154
>hypothesis

which was shown to be correct in the results

>he Sub-Saharan African (Bantu) and Australopapuan (Aborigine) genetic difference as measured by SNP’s is greater than the genetic distance between both the two species of gorilla ( Gorilla gorilla and Gorilla beringei ), and greater than the distance between the common chimpanzee and the bonobo as measured by mtDNA

see
>>61147736
>>
File: F2.large_.jpg (58KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
F2.large_.jpg
58KB, 600x434px
>>61148154
>The notion of RACE doesn't have a PRECISE MEASURE

the measurement of genetics is precise you can tell accurately where someone comes from using a DNA test

Anecdotes about meeting mulattoes and albinos isn't going to change anything.
>>
>>61148222
Too bad biological anthropology disagrees with you, and since biological anthropology focuses on humans and our closest relatives we get the final word.
>>
>>61142717
It's a biological fact backed up by genetic studies. How else can commercial microsatellite DNA tests tell you the geographical origins of your ancestry? Why do some races have certain consistent traits that can be traced to the exact gene(s) on specific chromosomes?

The only social construct is the notion that race doesn't "exist" and that we are all the same.
>>
>>61148381

> anthropology

So you're admitting then that it's socially created by humans? I fail to see why race not existing makes everyone get all touchy feely. Can't you go on with life without needing pseudoscience?
>>
File: Jewish Media.jpg (823KB, 1712x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Jewish Media.jpg
823KB, 1712x1338px
>>61148154
You saw it coming because its inescapably true. Your ridiculous Jewish arrogance can be smelt through the the computer screen.

The only reason Jews are so obsessed with race is because validates and can validate everything everyone has stereotyped the Jews though the centuries while protecting their minority status. They're the most ethnocentric people and have monopolized ethnocentrism the way they seem to monopolize everything else. Frankly, I'd probably feel the same underlying insecurity if I were Jewish. Jews are an extremely ill-favored people compared to Nordic.

The fact remains is it is YOU who stands to lose something with acknowledgement of racial reality. So, as long as the Jews' vital interests are at stake you can never count on racial consciousness being spread to the masses through the Jewish media.
>>
>>61144062
>>61146614
A good friend of mine married an Italian man. His skin is dark brown. He was adopted. It was assumed that his lineage must have been Moorish. However, his biological mother has skin of olive complexion and his biological father lighter than that.

When he arrived in America, he was treated like a common negro. He says he was humiliated and shamed and did nothing to warrant such behavior. The man was a highly-decorated aircraft pilot. But to onlookers he may as well have been plotting to rob them.

You gentlemen seem like the type of person that would have seen his skin and assumed he was a negro and admonished him for it. How is that for being generalized?

Stories like this is why I refuse to live in self-inflicted ignorance.

>>61148328
Race versus what? Nationality?
>>
>>61148627
>Guy says "Anecdotes about meeting mulattoes and albinos isn't going to change anything"
>You bring up more anedotes
>>
>>61148529
Biological anthropology =//= anthropology.
Back to school witwith you.
>>
>>61148779

> Studying human behavior =/= biologically different races.

Back to basic biology courses with you.
>>
>>61148578
So we've moved from science to conspiracy theory. And you have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than ad hominem against me. And you argue racist agendas on /pol/? Where the hell do you think you are, anon?

>>61148738
>Implying my anecdote was meant to serve my OP
Oh boy! You're really grasping for something to insult me with at this point.
>>
>>61142717
Holy shit that picture says it all. Why are those things to the left and right of the normal people allowed to exist.
>>
>>61148627
Oh look, it's a Jew turning to sentimentalism to silence his opponents in debate through feigned moral posturing and accusations of racism. A walking, talking stereotype.

Again, anyone that denies race is either a fool, sentimentalist, or has an ulterior motive. You seemingly rank in the third class of liars. Jews are minority race who have historically lived in ghettos, if you want to live in a ghetto with other minorities that's fine, but stop telling other people to live and acting superior because you live by lies.

Most of all, stop being a stereotypical kike . People are aware behavioral tendencies here and we won't be kicked out of school, fired from our jobs, or imprisoned for talking about it.
>>
>>61149207

Or maybe because races don't exist biologically in humans.
>>
>>61148834
I would say it is the same thing, since we're talking about biological anthropology here. I mean if you find distinct differences in behavior in populations of people that have been separated for thousands of years, wouldn't that suggest that possibley this behavior is genetically determined.

Also the canadian sounds as if he knows this shit (Phd and all that) so maybe listen to him.
>>
File: 1439865617109.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1439865617109.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>61148627
>fool, sentimentalist, or has an ulterior motive

Really, you clearly rank in all three categories.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xSgFe6Qi_0
>>
>>61149288
Lmfao so different genetics, different disease predispositions, different muscle arrangements, different mental capacity...

yeah okay
>>
>>61149288
Then how do you explain all the genetically determined traits that make it possible to separate humans into distinct groups. For example: skin color, skull width, brain size, average height, immunity to certain diseases.

So please explain yourself.
>>
It's a biological fact for fuck's sake
I mean what the fuck? It's like arguing the sky is blue.
What else would make people tanned / black / white / have eyefolds? What makes animals evolve to their environment? Biological mechanisms.

The world is getting dumber. I think the internet has contributed to this, despite being an encyclopaedia of knowledge in your palm.
>>
>>61149288
Deep down everyone knows including many blacks the fact that racial denial even exists is dumbfounding.
>>
>>61149399
Biologists call those "traits". Society chooses to categorize them arbitrarily.

Yes, you can trace a person's genetics to a specific region, but honestly, that doesn't say that that person was actually indigenous to said region. That is, a person born several generations removed in the USA having a large percentage of genetic traits ascribed to Poland.

>>61149547
>>61149691
Biologists don't deny race. They just ignore it from a scientific perspective.
>>
>>61149399

Every human has a unique set of DNA never seen before in history. That includes twins and the anyone else you can think of. Species and their separation deals with who you can have sex with and produce viable offspring. It's a clean cut and straight forward empirical cut. Do two people with different color skin but large muscles and big lips mean they're the same classification? Muscle arrangement and mental capacity are in the same range for a homo-spin.

You don't have an extra lung or a different kind of bumping blood. Go ahead and find the most stereotypical, ugly aboriginal woman of any country on earth and I'll prove she can pop out your baby.
>>
File: 1452222105502.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452222105502.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
>>61149691
https://youtu.be/3xSgFe6Qi_0

https://youtu.be/MwXPlX_lm30

https://youtu.be/hFOFCi1uVYk
>>
>>61149977
But of course! ALL black people are indigent scum!

I remember learning this form the pages of Sir Charles Darwin's book, "Niggas Be Straight Foolin' Yo".

You can't get more scientific than that!
>>
File: sleeper.jpg (145KB, 1391x782px) Image search: [Google]
sleeper.jpg
145KB, 1391x782px
>>61148154
Woody Allen confirmed
>>
File: Yup.jpg (38KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Yup.jpg
38KB, 400x266px
>>61149742
>They just ignore it from a scientific perspective.

They avoid it for a career protective *

Happy to have fixed that for you.

I am off to slumbers. Never stop fulfilling evil stereotypes so immaculately my Jewish friend. You are a shining example to our cause
>>
>>61142717

This faggot posts this shit like every night.

The conclusion of the discussion is Sociologists are simply arguing the nuances of the language. They're retarded. No one else cares about the nuances of the language, it's word play.
>>
Biological anthropology is the social science and study of human behavior because it's unlike any other species on earth. It is still a branch under anthropology and is not an empirical science. You like many people also fail to understand the timescales on which evolution works. It is true that technically natural selection is always happening; it is a force of nature like gravity that grinds down on creatures.

Evolution has been doing this to 'life' for four point five billion years with a capital B Humanities hundred thousand year existence is but 0.00002222222% of that. A few thousand years? So you mean yesterday on the geological column?

As for people with PH.D Yeah, so does David Duke what matters is what the majority of biologists can find consensus on. Really, you should be angry at everyone else. We slaughtered out last sub-species homo-Neanderthals. Guess we overly culturally enriched them and we're really good at repeating our own mistakes.
>>
>>61149291
>>61150242
>>
>>61148627
>Stories like this is why I refuse to live in self-inflicted ignorance

No, you choose to live in self inflicted ignorance by ignoring genetics.

I want you to memorize something:
>the individual is not the average
>the average is not the individual

I will give each and every person the same initial respect and chance to prove themselves. I will not assume any individual person is stupid, criminal, etc. until they give me reason to believe such things.

But I will not ignore that there are separate races. I will not look at a room full of Asian and European engineers and assume RAYCISS because there are so few Africans or Hispanics. Just like I don't watch an NBA game and scream RAYCISS because there are so few Europeans or Asians.

We are not equal. We are different. Some differences are a blessing. Some a curse. I may hate some of those differences. But I will not stick my head in the sand and pretend they do not exist. They do.
>>
Race is a fact, deal with it.

http://pastebin.com/PpY46T8t
>>
>>61148222
"To" bad the "too" you are looking for was spelt incorrectly. You lecture people on biology, yet you don't understand basic grammar.

Kind of pathetic tbqhfam.
>>
>>61149691

This doesn't even make sense. What other choice do I have but to understand how science and evolution work? Maybe one day humanity will create races; it could be done just like we created with dogs and cattle. The same could be said of a new computer type of life. The universe is more interesting than you think!
>>
>>61142717

It's a confused amalgamation of both.
>>
>>61150322

So, you don't actually have a response or you're typing it right now?
>>
>>61145673
Dindo vs astronomer

And the is single mother in da project
>>
>>61150309
>>61150319
Again, I will say: From a BIOLOGICAL perspective, race is a construct.

What society calls "race" biology calls "traits" and "features".

You see black and white skin and I see a human being.

Let me expand on
>>61150309
Because in your case, there is always some implied notion of GENETIC ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE. As if we would bother to take the time to sit and list every arbitrary trait and ascribe an equally arbitrary value to it, i.e.; IQ === valuable trait? NO...IQ is NOT uniquely valuable. Not by any means. IQ doesn't guarantee survivability or biological success and robustness. IQ is based on our own romantic notions of human value.
>>
>>61150696
Call it breeds then, I don't care. I'm not done with half of the content inside that pastebin I posted and I can already say that you're full of shit. Changing definitions here and there, discussing how arbitrary this and that are and so on.

I know a cultural marxist when I see one.
>>
>>61150836

> I know a cultural marxist when I see one.

I love it when science is political. I like capitalism so what's my excuse?
>>
>>61142717
BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT

FUCKING /THREAD
>>
>>61142717
If two white people are different, then why wouldn't a white person be different from a black person?

Why do white people have white children when black people have white children?

There goes biology. It is observable and reproducible.
>>
>>61142717

You forgot beaners.
>>
>someone finds a human skeleton in the woods
>forensic examiners determine the age, race, and sex of the person this skeleton belonged to

There's nothing else to say. Saying "race is a social construct" is factually false.
>>
>>61150696
Kek read the bell curve sometime, faggot
>>
>>61150696
>Again, I will say: From a BIOLOGICAL perspective, race is a construct.
>What society calls "race" biology calls "traits" and "features".

No. See: >>61145003

What society calls "race" biology calls "species."

>>>61150309 (You)
>Because in your case, there is always some implied notion of GENETIC ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE.
>types BIOLOGY in call caps
>doesn't know that evolution is all about genetic advantage/disadvantage

Genetic differences are real. Differences lead to advantages and disadvantages in various contexts. This is reality whether you like it or not.

> IQ === valuable trait? NO...IQ is NOT uniquely valuable. Not by any means. IQ doesn't guarantee survivability or biological success and robustness. IQ is based on our own romantic notions of human value.

Holy fucking shit you are ignorant. The ONLY reason human beings dominate the planet is because of IQ. And the highest average IQ races also happen to be the ones with the longest and most robust lives, and the most powerful/dominant societies.
>>
>>61150696
>What society calls "race" biology calls "traits" and "features".

Then I'm a traitist and a featurist.

Stop calling us racists.
>>
>>61151205
>I love it when science is political.
It's not. What you do with it or how you use politic to affect it is political.
Race/sub-species/breeds whatever you want to call it are facts.
>>
>>61142717
Biological fact. Sub-Saharan Africans are pure homo sapien. Caucasians have Neanderthal DNA mixed with homo sapien. Asians, and Australo-Papuans have homo Denisovan DNA.
>>
>>61150696
IQ measures skills that make a person able to function in modern (post) industrial society. To say that this has no value is ridiculous.

It is by the way plainly obvious that sub-saharan blacks as a group are less able to function in or form modern societies compared to other "races". Also goes for aborigines and various indigenous people.
>>
>>61146241
Can you please provide citation? I really want that source.
>>
File: a fucking ring species.jpg (709KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking ring species.jpg
709KB, 900x600px
>>61149846
>Species and their separation deals with who you can have sex with and produce viable offspring. It's a clean cut and straight forward empirical cut.
It's not actually. Just look at ring species like this bird, the greenish warbler.
>>
>>61151249
nice explanation you got there m8
>>
>>61154593
What he's saying is that you can't have a nigger transplanted with white bone marrow, and vice versa.
>>
>>61155078
even most whites are incompatible to each other
>>
File: 4chan-Race-1.gif (861KB, 2406x1936px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-Race-1.gif
861KB, 2406x1936px
Race differences are real. Even the Nobel Prize winner that found DNA said so.

There should be nothing wrong with saying it. Its not an insult.

But saying it makes some liberals and babies feel bad. They want to pretend everybody is the same. Its not bad. Its reality.

Just means that there are significant race difference. Im a spick, and there are differences between me and chink. Or me and nigger.

It does not mean one can't take personal responsibility for their lives, or one person in one race can never accomplish what somebody else did. It just means we are not all the same. And some are objectively worst as a race.

Personally i would rather live around whites in west, than surrounded by niggers in africa, or shitskins in pakistan etc.
>>
File: 1436830539926.png (263KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436830539926.png
263KB, 480x480px
>>61142717
>Social Construct
I didn't know that living in mud huts was a social construct. Or shitting in the street.
>>
>>61156158
That's because it's been proven some of them have nigger genes.
>>
>>61142717
Abbo identity = sociological construct

Abboriginal race = biological fact

Race is/can be both at times.
>>
>>61146693

Firstly, people often think that the definition of race that we apply to animals ( especially dogs and cats ) is the same for the humans, which is false. The races of dogs or cats are results of specific characteristics that we chose, made them breed until you have the result that you wanted.

Secondly, about the humans, there are as many races as there are criteria, it just depends which one you use for your needs. I know that in the pharmaceutical industry, they have, just for black people, 40 differents races. I am not a geneticist but that's what a friend of mine said, and he is a geneticist.

So technically, human races exist, and you can arbitrarily define them.
>>
If you can tell what race a person was by the DNA in their hair and the structure of their skeleton then it is a biological matter.
>>
>>61151875
You are filled with an incredible amount of romantic feelings about humans, but we certainly DO NOT "dominate" the Earth. Single-celled plants for example dominate the biomass on this planet. The fact that you start spewing insults show you have a very thin position on the matter.

IQ holds no merit biologically-speaking. IQ isn't even a scientific measurement. Regardless, being "smart" isn't going to do you any good if you have a weak immune system.
>>
>>61159944
Not arguing races exist or not, at least conceptually as we colloquially ascribe them, but the very fact that you just admitted that they could be arbitrarily assigned values literally goes against the scientific principles of biology. I can understand your friend as a geneticist having to talk about race, but he is doing so colloquially. Ask him which is more important biologically: Race or adaptation. If he tries to explain that instead of bursting into laughter I'd be weary of his advice in the future...
>>
Everything is a social construct
>>
>>61151875
Upon my second read
>What society calls "race" biology calls "species."
There ARE NO other "species" of human on this planet. Just one: Human--ourselves a subspecies of greater apes. So "society" has its definition of "race" entirely wrong if they consider different races different species.

People insist on clinging to this romantic notion and it all stems from some misguided idea that humans are superior to [X].

Take these two posts, for example:
>>61150836
>>61151974
...that desperately thrive on some sort of agreeable nomenclature that allows them to obfuscate their personal disdain for a certain TYPE of person. That person is still a human being no matter how much you try to argue the basic scientific fact.

You can arbitrarily label a person as "black", which some people say "brown", which some people say "colored", while other people simply say "nigger". That's okay. Science will still see that person as a human.
>>
>>61157895
then that means race isn't real, since whites can have nigger genes
>>
>>61142717
Social construct in the fact of pride.

Talk to any medical professional behind closed doors and they will tell you there is a significant disparity of how their patients respond to treatments due to predisposition to disease and genetic markers.

Not about superiority or inferiority but for the fact that people based on how they evolved can handle things differently. If you put an organism in an environment that is hostile to it, it would have a more difficult time surviving in it. Take the Snowshoe rabbit for example, remove it from it's native environment and it is easy to get eaten by predators.
>>
>>61163137
To reaffirm my previous point look at how the "Refugees" are reacting to the cold. They literally would want to go back and deal with ISIL instead of living in a frigid environment.
>>
>>61142717
Asians and Jews are superior to everyone else. Science has shown that.
>>
If dogs could talk and hold jobs we'd find a way to call the difference between us a social construct
>>
>>61162494
I think for the sake of being overly-defensive people take the term SOCIAL CONSTRUCT to mean "figment of one's imagination"; as in transparent, invisible, non-discernible. An illusion is quite real to the observer, for example.

Take our sun. It is NOT a tone of yellow. In fact, it's white. We perceive that it's yellow for various reasons, just as we perceive that the sky is blue or that the moon is larger at the horizon, which they are NOT. These optical illusions seem VERY real to us. And that's okay.

But science understands the underlying truth of it all.

Science says that you can't call a quark whatever you want to just because you feel like it. There are several accepted flavours of quarks. We don't say that the top quark is any better than the bottom quark, or the advantages the strange quark has over the charm quark because those concepts don't have any context to the discipline. In the end, they are all the same "species" of subatomic particles.

Biologically-speaking, this WHOLLY ARBITRARY classification of humans is colloquial at best.
>>
>>61144143

Was ultra liberal until I went to a 50% black high school, this is spot on. The experience didn't turn me into a racist but it really took the blinders off and led me to see the fix as being policies guys like Thomas Sowell would propose, rather than any sort of liberal solution of throwing money at the problem.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.