[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poland's Democracy Under Threat Amid Fears of Russia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 854.png (215KB, 577x547px) Image search: [Google]
854.png
215KB, 577x547px
>The pivotal ally on NATO’s eastern flank is at risk. Terrified by Russia’s extra-territorial push into Ukraine, Crimea, and the Baltic Sea, Poland now faces its own homegrown threat.

>In just three months, the newly elected Law and Justice Party government has challenged and unilaterally changed Poland’s constitution, and ordered a nighttime raid on a NATO facility. It has slapped state controls on media, spurred walkouts, and quickly installed its own party loyalists to top posts. The radical turn has drawn tens of thousands of Poles to the streets in protest, and put American and European allies on alert. The 28-member European Commission meets Wednesday to conduct what it calls an internal debate on Poland’s Rule of Law.

>Young Poles “don’t remember the times of the Cold War … when the U.S. was the only force that could counter the Soviet Union,” laments Pawel Spiewak, a prominent Polish intellectual and Warsaw University sociologist. “It means that they are much more critical toward American policy than we were.”

http://fortune.com/2016/01/12/poland-anxiety-russia-extremism/
>>
Last time this much bullshit was cooked up, the allies began plans to invade Europe.
>>
>Call Putin
>"hey bro, you're allowed to take a piece of Poland just like with Crimea"
>"yeah yeah, you're welcome"
>1 week later, call from Polish government to the EU: "OMG help us! We'll do anything"
>Problem solved
>>
>>61066899
>ten thousand protests
First ive heard of that
>>
The depths to which I do not give a shit about Poland would crush a blue whale under the force of its gravity.
>>
File: JWZRAQk.jpg (679KB, 2510x1902px) Image search: [Google]
JWZRAQk.jpg
679KB, 2510x1902px
>a prominent Polish intellectual
>>
>>61066899
The BBC has been obviously politically biased for a long time and the EU didn't do shit as far as I know. God speed Poland. Protect what you have.
>>
based poland uncucking themselves the old fashion way

good job lads
>>
>>61066899
>“It means that they are much more critical toward American policy than we were.”

Young poles don't want to get cucked like Western Europe is right now.
>thinking the world is still a choice between soviets and americans

fucking shit generation right there
>>
>>61066899
>Fears of Russia
Do people really think that Russia is going to mess with Poland? I don't see any chance of happening even if US left NATO tomorrow.
>>
>>61066899
>democratically elected party
>THIS IS UNFAIR! IT'S NOT DEMOCRACY BECAUSE I DID NOT WIN!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.