[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is torture not used as a punishment for serious crimes? Like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: torture-600x350.jpg (163KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
torture-600x350.jpg
163KB, 600x350px
Why is torture not used as a punishment for serious crimes? Like Murder and sexual assault.

Criminals should be sentenced to a prison term, and a set amount of torture sessions.

Discuss.
>>
>>61059549

totally agree! go harsh, bring back the finest European torture methods and apply to harsh crimes
>>
>>61059549
Yea, we should start by forcing them to go on 4chan while aussies are awake.
>>
This would probably result in whole lot of people doing serious crimes just to get tortured real bad, as this is their fetish and they get off of it, probably whole /r9k/ would rather get tortured instead of killing themselves.
>>
Too expensive and take too long. Methods of slow executions are better.
>>
I think torture is a bit much as a penalty for a crime.

Great for getting information out

I think the families of a murder/rape victim, or the actual rape victim should be allowed to be the one to kill a criminal if they choose.
>>
File: 1450909543090.jpg (101KB, 864x717px) Image search: [Google]
1450909543090.jpg
101KB, 864x717px
>>61059549

It's savage and barbaric. We are not animals. When you act like a nigger and chimp out, we'll put you in a concrete cage like the monkey you are. Much more civilized.
>>
Because we are not barbaric. We show mercy by not giving them the pain and torture they deserve. Besides, two wrongs don't make a right

And what if they are somehow found to be innocent? What then?
>>
File: 1447986007383.jpg (14KB, 190x228px) Image search: [Google]
1447986007383.jpg
14KB, 190x228px
>>61059549

Why not just have hard labour camps?

Seriously, hard labour camps north korea style. So much more productive then torture and it te4aches important skills.

Think about it. Labour camps are the final solution to all your problems.
>>
>Cruel or unusual punishment
>>
>>61060166
Criminals shouldn't be protected by the constitution.
>>
File: mishima.jpg (11KB, 258x194px) Image search: [Google]
mishima.jpg
11KB, 258x194px
>>61060069

>muh moral highground
>muh current year
>muh whig historianism

You fucking disgust me, you are everything wrong with the western world.
>>
>>61060138
Nah nah, listen here.
Kill the heinous ones, slowly. Labor camps for the rest of the cunts.
>>
File: 1452147871996.jpg (26KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
1452147871996.jpg
26KB, 368x475px
>>61060166

ain't no bill of rights in Her Majesty's Realm.
>>
>>61060222

>Australia

Kangaroo, the constitution applies to all citizens, for better or for worse.
>>
>>61060113
>Because we are not barbaric.
Well some people are not human and should be treated like such.
>>
>>61060301

>all citizens
>citizens

but what if they aren't citizens?
>>
Bring back public hangings
>>
Because the primary use of prison isn't punishment or rehabilitation, it's to keep people who are a danger to the public out of it.
>>
File: danny+devito-640.jpg (108KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
danny+devito-640.jpg
108KB, 1200x900px
>>61059549
Because we don't live in the dark ages anymore senpai, Also its a slippery slope, first you torture people for rape and murder next thing you know people are being drawn and quartered for stealing bread
>>
>>61060226

You just sound like a degenerate sadist tbqh. There's a difference between doing something gritty because it's necessary and choosing it because you're a sick fuck who gets off to hurting people, whether or not they deserve it.

You're just as bad as a nigger bub.
>>
>>61060301
Criminals should also lose their citizenship. As well as, but not limited to
the right to vote,
protection under the law,
the right to reproduce
the right to own land
>>
>>61059549
>Women have gotten men sent to prison for rape with literally 0 evidence, in some cases no evidence that SEX EVEN OCCURRED, CONSENSUAL OR OTHERWISE.
>Still thinking sexual assault should be punished by torture.

Nope. I think it should be damn near misdemeanor status until the false accusations stop coming in.
>>
>>61059549
Prison is not there to punish; prison is there to keep dangerous people away from society, until they hopefully no longer pose a threat. This is what reforming is all about.
The desire to punish for revenge is a characteristic of sick and dangerous people who should be kept away from society and reformed, if they try to act on their desires.
>>
>>61060416
Justice isn't served by letting criminals sit in a cosy cell.

They need to be punished severely enough that they tell their criminal buddies that crime isn't worth what'll happen to them in prison.
>>
>>61060460
>implying torture can ever be a legitimate thing with a broken justice system
>>
>>61060460
>inb4 substantiate claims. Here's the first one I saw.

http://www.cotwa.info/2012/11/young-man-falsely-accused-of-rape-is.html

>Montgomery's accuser, 22-year-old Elizabeth Paige Coast, recently admitted she lied. She was 17 when she accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was 10 and he was 14. In recanting, she said she made up the story after her parents caught her looking at sexually explicit websites.

>She reportedly picked Montgomery for the lie because he and his family had moved away.

>She is now charged with perjury.
>>
>>61060384
>implying there's a problem with being drawn like a French girl
>implying capital punishment for every law violation would be bad
People could just stop breaking laws
>>
>>61060432

It's easy to say that when you're talking about sociopathic serial killers, the law isn't so pure of heart.

Revoking the constitutional rights of criminals is a great gateway for the government to revoke the co stitutional rights of it's citizenry. What's the point of inalienable rights when the government can just make everyone a criminal and revoke them?
>>
>>61060540
Alright, then I have another question for you - who is going to perform the torture?

No sane individual would want to be part of something like that, and anyone who would jump at the opportunity (sadists), should be nowhere near the opportunity to harm others.
>>
>>61060580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzI_NF2nfUg

Brazil, I expected better from you.
>>
>>61060643
>friend or loved one is dying inside your car
>you slowly follow traffic so you don't break the law and get executed
>>
>>61060540

There's no such thing as justice. And even if there were, it ain't what you're advocating for. You just want revenge.
>>
>>61059549
Makes criminals suicidally resistant to capture by police. Violence goes up.

Criminals arnt criminals because they don't fear being caught. They are criminals because they are convinces they won't be caught.
>>
>>61060685
America has been torturing terror suspects for decades. They must be getting willing torturers from somewhere.
>>
>>61060709
I'm sure if my friend was dying he wouldn't put his seat belt on so he's probably going to die anyways.
>>
>>61060643
I know you are joking but it is literally one of the worst ways humans have invented to kill each other
>>
File: police2.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
police2.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>61060702
Don't get me wrong, I love when the cunts die right then and there.
But a broken justice system simply cannot condemn people to torture, it would lead to many innocents paying for it.
>>
>>61059549
Acute torture is barbaric. Incarceration is less intense chronic torture suitable for lesser crimes. Death penalty for serious crimes sends a strong message, is more humane and cost effective.
>>
>>61060774
Ah yes, let's follow the US example in everything.

What could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>61060783
Are you that shit of a driver?
>>
>>61060758
How are criminals in Ireland going to resist suicidally? By doing a hearty jig until they die of exhaustion?
>>
File: cbhfvn.gif (541KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
cbhfvn.gif
541KB, 480x228px
>>61059789
Maximum Kek
>>
>>61060879
They will go to a prison colony and fuck abos until the whole population of the continent is a drunk retard shit poster.
>>
File: halden-prison.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
halden-prison.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>61060138
This guy gets it.

Also if pic related looks like, then holy fuck.

If not labor camps, then bring back unusual medieval ways of punishment, i.e tar and feathering or masks of shame, or make prison living an actual punishment instead of looking like a fairly decent hotel.
>>
>>61059549

Some of /pol has good ideas but when I see you guys come up with psychotic barbaric shit like this, it makes me not want anything to do with you. Torture is barbaric, sadistic, and degenerate.
>>
>>61060869
Nah nigga, if we lived in a world where even the smallest infractions got people executed, he would most certainly die when the cops say he wasn't wearing his seat belt
>>
Tried that already. There was a whole period of history in uk law and order known as "the bloody code" and it's an example of why harsh punishment alone isn't a good idea for a few reasons:
-people who do end up comitting a crime may often decide that, since the punishment will be harsh they may as well go even further to ensure they don't get caught, e.g. robbery and murder so they can't be identified by the victim rather than just stealing their shit

-judges and juries tend to have pity. Many cases of thieves being let off by officials because the official disagreed with the severity of the punishment stipulated by the law

-ended up not having much of an impact on crime in the end, often led to pity for peop,e who were considered to have been overconvicted.

For small shit like stealing public humiliatiion was a much better punishment anyway.
>>
>>61059549
Because most of the time torture results in death
>>
>>61059549
8th amendment protects us from psychos like yourself

don't let the spider venom get to your head m8
>>
>>61060432
You're right. Instead of imprisoning criminals, we should just send them all to Australia
>>
>>61062560
As long as we get to send them to the bottom of the ocean.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.