[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas renaming schools named after Confederate soldiers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: fellow texans.png (377KB, 594x333px) Image search: [Google]
fellow texans.png
377KB, 594x333px
>Texas is based!
>Texas is red pilled

http://abc13.com/education/renaming-hisd-schools-unifying-community-or-political-correctness/1159397/

>Four schools within the Houston Independent School District will be renamed and four others removed from the discussion after approval Thursday night.
>Those schools include Henry Grady Middle School, Richard Dowling Middle School, Lee High School and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Middle School.
>Linda Scurlock has been fighting to change the name of Dowling Middle for months.
>"I think about Nazi Germany, and nothing in Germany is named after Hitler, you know he lost too," Scurlock said. "That's my feeling about that. We should think about a united country."
>>
Inner city Houston and Dallas and the entire Austin containment camp are the exceptions, just like any other state. We have a damn lesbian mayor in Houston what more can you expect
>>
>women
>>
>>61048630
"It's just a flag," they said.

"We're just taking down this one thing because people find it offensive, and then that'll be the end of it," they said.

Now they're renaming schools, dismantling war memorials, and demanding the exhumation of confederate soldiers' remains.

Within another generation everything that disagrees with the far left's "version of events" or portrays the hundreds of thousands of honorable men who fought and died for the South as mustache-twirling Nazi supervillains will be wiped out.
>>
>>61049268
Good.
>>
>>61049534
Meme.
>>
>>61048630
Thread theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkYIrj03fso
>>
Naming government funded buildings, places, etc after traitors is foolish, especially traitors who lost.
>>
File: dont-move-to-austin.jpg (84KB, 615x349px) Image search: [Google]
dont-move-to-austin.jpg
84KB, 615x349px
Native Austinfag here.

He's right guys, it's happening. Look out for plastic bag bans and bike lanes everywhere.
>>
>>61048630
>Dowling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Sabine_Pass#

Not just that, but...

>By 1860, Dowling owned a number of saloons. His most successful was named the Bank of Bacchus,[2] located on Courthouse Square in downtown Houston. "The Bank" as it was known locally became Houston's most popular social gathering place in the 1860s and was renowned for its hospitality. Dowling's previous experience as a barkeeper in New Orleans stood him in good stead. Quickly establishing himself, Dowling courted publicity from local newspapers and also made a number of property investments. He was also involved in setting up Houston's first gaslight company, and was first to have it installed in his home and "The Bank". Dowling was a founding member of Houston's Hook and Ladder Company Number One fire department and was also involved in running the city's first streetcar company[1]:167–175

Dowling WAS Houston. Stupid ass 'Community' activist.
>>
>>61050021

'03 here. I smile every time I walk my dogs past one of the white ghost bikes. GET OFF THE FUCKING BIKEFAGS
>>
>>61048630
Alumni have already threatened to stop giving money to school programs due to this. Can't wait for people to cry.
>>
>>61048630
>>"I think about Nazi Germany, and nothing in Germany is named after Hitler, you know he lost too," Scurlock said. "That's my feeling about that. We should think about a united country."

She's not wrong. History is written by the victor.
>>
>>61048630
>Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
Jesus...
>>
>>61048630
>you know he lost too
I thought we were all supposed to win now, you know, everyone gets a trophy. Fucking rude
>>
>>61050021
Going to UT and didn't know about the bag ban. Went to HEB and they told me $1 for unlimited bags. Said "OK" and used like 30 bags when I could have easily used like 4-5
>>
>>61048630
Richard Dowling was a badass

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Sabine_Pass

5000 yankees and their ships vs 36 brave irishmen.

200 yankees killed or captured, 2 ships lost, 0 confederate casualties.
>>
File: f155031688.gif (479KB, 306x294px) Image search: [Google]
f155031688.gif
479KB, 306x294px
>>61048630
>Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Middle School.
>>
File: 1913-gettysburg-reunion_5.jpg (45KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
1913-gettysburg-reunion_5.jpg
45KB, 640x430px
>>61050670
>>61049534
>>61049906
>REEEEEEEEE the south was le evil

Fuck's sake not even the union soldiers who fought at Gettysburg thought that.
>>
>>61052026
>>
File: rwxmxqi.jpg (215KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
rwxmxqi.jpg
215KB, 1200x825px
>>61052092
>>
File: (47).png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
(47).png
260KB, 563x542px
>>61048630

>mfw they are all renamed "Martin Luther King Highschool"
>>
>>61048630
do you think they will go after the colleges named after slave owners next
>>
>>61052092
>>61052125
Bros in arms
>>
>>61052619
And then they'll go after the Founding Fathers themselves for having owned slaves
>>
>>61048630
>Texas is based!
>Texas is red pilled
The 70's was a long time ago
The whites from or living there are just nostalgiafags now
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.