[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we prevent the Heat Death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 76

File: 1407165654092.jpg (231KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
1407165654092.jpg
231KB, 919x688px
Can we talk about something more important than all your petty bullshit for a second?

As we're all aware (or should be aware), the Universe is expanding. Indeed, this expansion is accelerating.

Current theories project that this will result in either (1) a universe that becomes too cold to sustain life, (2) a universe that achieves maximum entropy wherein all things are evenly distributed and so no gradients for supporting processes such as life are possible, or (3) a total disintegration of all forms into unbound particles. Either way, all life as we know it will be extinguished.

So how do we stop it? Or at least slow it down?
>>
>>61027549
What in the fuck, how the fuck do you know about this.

I read this in the morning from my script report.
>>
File: PUCCI.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
PUCCI.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>61027549
>stop it?
>slow it down?
You can't. Heat death is the most probable collection of microstates in the universe.

Your best bet would be finding a new universe.

Perhaps a longass journey across a Closed Timelike Curve might get you somewhere?
>>
QB please.
Nobody is going to sign nothing here.
>>
Don't worry, the universe is a simulation. This whole heat death malarkey is just an extrapolation based on shortcuts taken in the simulation. We'll be shut down or restarted before we reach that point.

Entropy is a dumb idea anyways if you think about it for more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>61027549
Please, we'll kill ourselves loooong before this
>>
>>61027549
become a mahou shoujo
>>
>>61027549
>expansion is accelerating

I'm looking forward to the Big Rip.
>>
>>61029416
This right here.

I'll try to find the article on the projection being unfocused.
>>
>>61027549
>this expansion is accelerating
[Citation needed]
>>
>>61030476
magic doesn't exist fag
>>
The living live regardless of the world. The dead will die with it.
>>
>>61027549
Eventually life will spring forth even from the nothingness, anon.
>>
>>61031183
tell that to all the christfags on /pol/
>>
>>61027549
Im sure humans 40,000 years from now would have figured it out already.
>>
>>61031183
Then how do you explain how your faggotry exceeds all theoretical limits
>>
>>61031626
>humans 40,000 years from now

>Thinking that humans will still be alive 40,000 years from now
>>
>>61027549

We need subspace field generators. Lots of them!!!
>>
>>61027549
>slow it down

Seeing as how it won't happen for billions of years, I'd say we're okay.
>>
>>61027549
>Indeed, this expansion is accelerating.

Stop making shit up.
>>
>>61031776

>Underrated freedom get post.
>>
>>61027549
If you want to stop it, you don't understand it. You, and everything you do, is part of the Heat Death scenario. It's not outside. We're sprinting towards it.
>>
>>61031414
I tip my fedora to you
>>
Magnets.
>>
Our planet
Its history
Its culture
Its technology

everything that defines us

will one day be gone

even if a few of us manage to escape the planet and survive, there's no way we'll be able to save the planet's history, its technology, or advancements

it will all
be
gone

and when a new planet is found

life will start over
with stones
and spears
>>
>>61032394
How the FUCK do they work?
>>
>>61029416
Entropy doesn't make a lick of sense. It really, really doesn't.
>>
Why should I care about something that's literally not going to happen for billions of years?
>>
>>61032595
Why?
>>
>>61032359
why me and not the guy who said magic doesn't exist?

also knew I'd get reddit meme'd for that post, classic christcuck
>>
>>61027549
LITERAL NON-ISSUE.

It will take so many billions of years for this to actually happen, the human races and likely thousands, millions of other living things, civilizations, will have died out.

Humanity is not long for this world. Should we never achieve commercial space travel we will die out extremely soon in regards to the timeline of the universe.
>>
>>61029416
>>61030936

I can't find the damn article because I suck at the google, but it was basically saying that some scientists were looking at some below-planck-scale shit or something and it was slightly off focus using multiple tools in different locations and over a long enough time that they decided that 3D reality is a sort of projection of a 2D Real Reality and it's quite possible all of everything we can know is a simulation.
>>
>>61031822
Well we dont have to worry about predators and we did survive the Toba super eruption.
>>
File: 1445396872024.png (252KB, 630x890px) Image search: [Google]
1445396872024.png
252KB, 630x890px
>>61027549
By harvesting the energy of Madokas
>>
>>61033308

That's retarded.
>>
>>61032551
smaller magnets
>>
>>61028425
RARE.
>>
>>61027549
No idea. Current science is at a point where we don't even know how to start dealing with the heat death of the universe of if it is even possible.

But if we are going full not-so-sci-fi then escape to another universe or start our own.
>>
Galaxy Sized Robot fight.
>>
>>61033445
I can't blame Homu for obsessing over this. I whole have done it too.
>>
>>61027549
No one has any idea how to combat this. We might be able to in the future but I doubt anyone can even begin to imagine how yet.
>>
>>61033046
Underrated post
>>
>>61027549

Go to the thrift store. There are endless boxes of puzzles. Buy them and put them together in proper order. You did your part.
>>
>>61033308
That kind of "simulation" is philosophically moot as it doesn't affect the importance of 3D reality. Even if it's an illusion, it's literally as real to us and everything we could ever know as if it wasn't. It wouldn't even affect particle physics as we understand it, or biology, or astrophysics.
>>
>>61032595
The idea that all energy states in a closed system will even out eventually doesn't make a lick of sense?

Think about this. I take a cooking pot and heat it up. Then I throw some ice cubes inside. For a while a lot of things will happen, the ice cubes with zip around as they rapidly melt due to the heat of the pot.

Eventually though the ice cubes will melt and the cooking bot will cool down. Everything will be the same temperature, and nothing will happen.

That's entropy.

How does that not make sense?
>>
>>61027549

its purely theoretical isn't it?

what we do have to worry about is andromeda crashing into the milky way in 4 billion years or our sun going nova in 5 billion years first

of course we're not really on track to doing that as long as our biggest concerns are celebrating men who put their penises in other men's anuses and giving food and medical care to africans who won't stop fucking breeding..
>>
>hey pol lets stop talking about our current problems that causes our fucked up world and lets talk better about this hypothetical cosmological event that will happens in billions of years which we can't do shit to prevet it
>>
>>61034159
Until Armok decides it's too boring and decides to roll up a new universe.
>>
>>61034694
A stray gamma ray burst from a relatively small quasar collapsing would scour the planet completely clean of life. The quasar could be outside of the Hubble deep field's range and it wouldn't matter. We would have absolutely no warning and it could happen at any time.

You're welcome
>>
>>61034177
Nature strives for high entropy and low enthalpy

Entropy is disorder, enthalpy is the energy within a system

When you think about it in those terms, the idea of nature trying to strive for them both at the same time does not make a lot of sense
>>
>>61035080
Dont forget the absolute apocalypse the false vacuum collapse that would erases the existence of everything right now and could happen at any moment.
>>
>>61027549
http://imgur.com/gallery/7xxlF
>>
>>61029416
Entropy is the only way to explain any sort of engine. You are dumb dude.
>>
>>61035361
>Nature strives

No.
>>
>>61028425
You'll go great with best Korea!
>>
>>61030859

Oh shit!
The universe is getting
B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D
>>
>>61027549
creating a new universe is theoretically possible as far as i know.but i think we'll be extinguished way before the big rip
>>
>>61027549
Thailand are you fucking dumb.
>>
>>61035613
tl;dr
>>
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/why-government-researchers-think-we-may-be-living-in-a-2d-hologram

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/there-is-growing-evidence-that-our-universe-is-a-giant-hologram

Found two articles that relate, but aren't the one I remember,

>>61035361
Somehow that doesn't bother me as much,
>>
>>61033308
The idea is that the universe is a hologram and it seems to fit a lot of things.
>>
File: 1452162970084-1.jpg (77KB, 362x355px) Image search: [Google]
1452162970084-1.jpg
77KB, 362x355px
>>61027549
how many trillions of years do I have left to prepare for the happening?
>>
>>61027549

Look up Poincare Recurrence Time
>>
>>61035361
It does, though. Any form of self-sustaining equilibrium (ie order) is stored energy, like a wound spring. Disorder is the remnant of dispersed energy, like a spring unwound.

This is related to the fact that the universe began as extremely ordered energy and collapsed into what we observe today.
>>
>>61035723
Would you perfer the full autist version where I list all the rules of thermaldynamics, quantum physics and newtons laws that makes it happen or does the term used previously fit the bill? Because I think advanced physics is lost on most people
>>
>>61033308
Holograph theory?
>>
>>61032359
Magician supreme
>>
>>61027549

There is as of yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer.
>>
>>61036243

>entropy
>advanced physics

Sure, why do you post the full autist version, smarty.
>>
File: 14xgfg4.jpg (99KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
14xgfg4.jpg
99KB, 469x600px
ITT
>>
>>61027549
The death of the universe is as inevitable as your own. It is 100% unavoidable. You are literally powerless to stop it.

It's fucking stupid and I hate it.
>>
>>61027549
That's one of the major problems of physics mang

Phd people can't even figure it out.
We could always build a wall
>>
My father said to me once that communism is like the Heat Death. That was the most efficient red pill I swallowed
>>
>>61031183
Meme magic does.

/pol/, we need to use meme magic to stop entropy.
>>
>>61034159
Wrong. Whatever machine or being is simulating the universe is powerful enough to simulate billions of minds and calculate in an instant the external "universe" we observe based on deterministic laws of nature. A machine powerful and complex enough to simulate our consciousnesses and the observable universe would have to be capable of consciousness in and of itself.
>>
>>61036222
Well, yeah, one could use such a simple example as potential energy of a brick on top of a stack and the effect the dispersion of said energy has (Bricks fall down, make a mess, energy is lost but entropy is elevated) I'm just saying that for most people it probably doesn't
>>
>>61027549
>implying anyone or anything will be around long enough to even worry about the Sun's death, let alone heat death of the universe
>>
>>61036222
The Son of Man hath spoken
>>
File: I have made a terrible mistake.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I have made a terrible mistake.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Become megucas.
>>
>>61027549
Harness the metaphysical energy of emotions and convert it into physical energy to funnel back into the universe. Get the emotional energy from teenagers forced into strife and terror
>>
You should be more concerned with how to fix thailand than how to prevent something a trillion years from now.
>>
Build a universe-sized black hole?
>>
>>61027549
become meguka
>>
>>61037165
You're confused and wrong about the irrelevant thing you're talking about anyway.

Read the posts. We were talking about the idea that 3D physics are just a holographic representation of a 2D plane which is 'reality'.
>>
File: goddess.png (272KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
goddess.png
272KB, 425x425px
>>61027549
>>
We'll keep moving forward through the combined might of every species in the universe, it is the duty of every sentient being to protect the universe at all costs. We won't let something like the universe trying to fuck us keep us from surviving.
>>
Humans literally will not be around by the time heat death happens.

It's not even a matter of us blowing ourselves up or something, by that time humans will have evolved into an entirely different species. Not even like comparing a neanderthal to a human, more like a fucking algae to a human.
>>
File: porque.gif (65KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
porque.gif
65KB, 350x343px
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
>>
>>61037165
Maybe that's what heaven is. When you die you're reborn into the real universe. And it could be this machine is God. When start thinking of the universe in terms of it being a simulation religion makes sense.
>>
File: Toclafane-sphere.jpg (66KB, 554x404px) Image search: [Google]
Toclafane-sphere.jpg
66KB, 554x404px
I'm pretty sure we would have adapted during the billion years it takes to get to that point
>>
>>61036222
Entropy does not make sense metaphysically. How could this initial ordered state come to be in the first place? Entropy is a self-denying concept, if everything abides by entropy (order dissipating into disorder) then how did that order come about in the first place without more energy to create it? And then how did that energy come about?
>>
File: 1393107022370.jpg (42KB, 277x276px) Image search: [Google]
1393107022370.jpg
42KB, 277x276px
>>61038472
>When start thinking of the universe in terms of it being a simulation religion makes sense.

No it doesn't. Only moronic deliberate doublethink bending over backwards to cram ideas that you like into a framework of faith you have pre-supposed ideas about makes religion make sense

Which is what you're doing now
>>
>>61031776
JAPAN BRINGING THE BANTZ
>>
>>61037165
Anything that can simulate the universe would be the universe.
>>
>>61029416
explain pie
>>
>>61039242
fuck i meant pi
>>
>>61038960
No. It really isnt.I am just having fun with that idea.
>>
>>61038840
If you had ever read a book, you might have learned that modern science regards time as a dimension, and that from a perspective outside of our universe there is no time. Asking "what happened before the beginning?" is a lot like asking "what's above the universe?"
>>
File: latest[1].png (140KB, 431x334px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
140KB, 431x334px
>>61029416
You're right, out universe is just a simulation. Our best bet would be to invade 4D Space.
>>
>>61038840
Because you don't understand what we mean when we say ordered or disordered. Go get the most basic grasp of the concept of entropy. You clearly don't have it and are not making an intelligent or informed argument against it with your ramblings.
>>
>>61039329
I just hope you don't start a DMT deathcult around it and go out in a blaze of Kool-Aid
>>
>>61038840
>metaphysically

Metaphysics is philosophy.
>>
>>61027549
The thing about "petty bullshit" is you can actually do something about it. You and nobody on earth at this moment or even the next couple thousand centuries will not be able to save the universe. Death will come to all of us.

Instead of spending your entire life tying to become immortal and failing why don't you try to improve the life you have faggot.
>>
>>61028425
I fucked a chick from Guam yesterday.
Her pussy had no smell at all.
What do you guys eat?
>>
>>61039420
Lamest plot twist in the history of fiction
>>
>>61039530
No promises.
>>
>>61032595
neither does gravity
>>
>>61027549
>worrying about something that won't happen for billions of years (if it happens at all) is more important than our "petty" bullshit

You disappoint me Thailand.
>>
>>61031776
Based Japan
>>
>>61027549
1) Unite all of humanity under a single state
1a) This can be done either by uniting all currently existing nations OR
1b) Destroying the nations that don't want to join
2) Adopt a model of state capitalism; general non-intervention in most areas except to ensure resources are conserved and
2b) Focus a lot of money on space exploration and infrastructure, with methods in place to turn over operations to the private sector as soon as it's ready
3) continue expansion and development until we discover efficient mass to energy conversion, and efficient energy to mass conversion
4) continue expansion and development until we are able to create a friendly super intelligence
5) enter a post-scarcity enlightened society run by transcended humans / friendly AI
6) ensure rigid social order and tradition so that we don't end up like the Culture
7) continue expansion and development
8) discover a method by which to reverse entropy or create our own universes
9) become as gods
>>
>>61034244
Our sun actually won't go nova when it dies, it's not powerful enough. It'll swell into a red giant, shed all it's layers of gas and shit, leaving it's core behind. A glowing cinder that'll take like a trillion years to cool completely.
>>
>>61027549

1 Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking.
2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
3 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
4 They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."
5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.
6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.
7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives
12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.
>>
>>61027549
There's no way to stop it, at least with our current tech. Regardless, it won't happen until we're all long dead anyway.
>>
>>61039641
well most girls that end up in the states from here are probably high end girls likely.

Probably caught a boat with some military guy there.

There like mexicans they get fat after you marry them, I mean really fucking fat.
>>
>>61037165

It doesn't need to simulate the whole universe. It only needs to simulate one observer - you - and what you observe. The rest of the shit you is input for you to process.

Or what if the universe is a simulation but it's running on the alien equivalent of a Pentium and so it's limited? The program struggles to handle extremely large numbers - which is why humans appear to be completely alone (as by limiting what we can interact with and measure saves computing power) and it struggles to manage extremely small numbers (which is why things become nuts at quantum levels). Every so often, civilization becomes developed enough to probe these extremes using experimental equipment and it crashes the simulation, causing the computer to reboot - this is the Big Bang.

Woah.
>>
>>61039595
Frame this captioned below a pic of some bullshit nebula.
>>
>>61039595
Anything less than immortality is a complete waste of time.

Making peace with death is nothing more than you giving up.
>>
make the universes biggest fan to blow away the heat
>>
the earth is flat you fucking idiot. the universe is fake.
>>
>>61040121
>Not offering a large reward to the private sector to make materials/parts that fit a certain criteria
It's like you didn't learn anything from the space race.
>>
>>61027549
We're humans, there was a time when we couldn't imagine solving fire, couldn't write, couldn't speak a real language, couldn't imagine the world not being flat, couldn't imagine reaching space at all.
You know how long its taken us to overcome all of this?
about 1/275000 the age of the universe, and that's including a good 45000 years of prehistoric humanity.
You think given 20000000000 times the life of humanity (approximate time before the degenerate era starts making things bad) we can't come up with something?
>>
>>61032595
There are more ways for stuff to be disorganized than organized. What about that doesn't make sense?
>>
>>61040757
Do you mean a bladed fan or one of those fancy bladeless fans?
>>
>>61027549
I believe 1 and 2 are the same thing OP as coldness and no gradiant are linked via entropy

there is a 3rd option, that we have massively miscalculated the amount of dark matter inside the universe and the expansion will either speed up and curve in on it's self or stop and collapse on it's self leading to the creation of a new universe. watch this it explains it in more detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_aOIA-vyBo
>>
File: Madoka Godoka.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka Godoka.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>61027549

Madoka is the key to all of this.
>>
>>61027549
No need to worry, we live in a simulation.
>>
>>61040918
>Implying that's not part of 2b

>>61040952
This; all we have to do is survive and progress. Knowledge and victory will come in time.
>>
This thread proves how scientifically illiterate /pol/ is.
>>
>>61027549
Those 3 pints are all the same thing you goose. The possibilities are either those or gravity pulls everything back together into another single universal singularity
>>
>>61027549

How do we reverse entropy?

>INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL AWNSER
>>
>>61039420
That plot twist was the greatest. Loved that game.
>>
>>61039378
Yo is that the chairwoman of the DNC?
>>
>>61027549
You should accept Jesus Christ, repent for your sins and don't care about this universe, because you own a death.
After all Jesus said the Kingdom is inside you.
Great the Lord is in his words.
>>
>>61041179
>Implying that turning over operations to the private market after you have done all the work is the same as getting the private market to do the R/d for you.
Also >state capitalism
topkuck it's like you want the world to fail
>>
>>61040990
Bladeless, its the future silly
>>
>>61041597
>implying I didn't imply contracting the private market to get the big shit out of the way first without regards to a profit margin, before letting the plebs get their grubby hands on it

>implying there's anything wrong with state capitalism
It's like you hate major scientific progress and infrastructure :^)
>>
We can't. The final stage of heat death essentially time will stop flowing because nothing will happen again. Ever. Still, causality seems to be bullshit at least at the very smallest depths of spacetime, so a new big bang could just "happen" after a few eternities.
>>
>>61041409
>tfw the universe is a simulation of entroopy and if there is a way to reverse it
>tfw your universe is going to die, but its ok because the people who designed it well also die from exactly the same thing
feels good, if only spiteful

>>61039420
Someone post the HFY of humans invading outside the simulation via trojan horses
>>
>>61042020
>thinking that socialized infrastructure and scientific research is the same as state capitalism
>state capitalism in a world with one state
Talk about missing the point mate.
>>
>>61027549
Heat death will take tens of billions of years. By then we'll all either be dead or have learned how to go to another universe.
>>
File: 1452754224815[1].png (250KB, 953x1931px) Image search: [Google]
1452754224815[1].png
250KB, 953x1931px
>>61042334
I must be using the wrong words then, my apologies.

>>61042221
Here you go m8.
>>
>>61041216
I'm on mobile, what flag is this? Rare?
>>
>>61027549

LITERALLY

WHO

CARES

This is not even a first world problem.

This is a zeroth world problem or something.
>>
File: 1452781268626[1].gif (605KB, 1777x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1452781268626[1].gif
605KB, 1777x1174px
>>61042221
>>61042648
And here's another great one.
>>
>>61027549
maybe given enough time the universe will arrive at a possible state that allows itself to be reborn. That one single possibility out of an infinite amount.
>>
>>61033316
40,000 years ago humans were just reaching what we now call Europe and was when Cro-Magnon first appeared. Humans only started leaving Africa 60,000 years ago.

Whatever descendants of humans are around 40,000 years from now will be very different from us today.
>>
>>61042400
It'll actually take tens of billions, of tens of billions of years, actually more than that, but admittedly most of the opportunity to do anything exists in the first few quadrillion or so years.
>>
>>61036339
This one Israel poster that just loves posting girls getting fucked by machines.

Literally proving /pol/ right one webm at a time.
>>
>>61029416
You are a complete fucking idiot if you do not understand entropy.As another anon said, entropy defines an engine and ultimately the second law of thermodynamics, which, in return, gives you an insight into the universe you fucking moron.
>>
>>61028425
I learned this in High school physics class

Also, Hi FBI/Military. Tell Reginald that he needs to eat better.

>>61027549
I was thinking of this the other day, isn't life a big obstacle in the Heat Death? Living creatures decide what and when things lose/gain power, so simply by existing, don't we prevent the heat death?

When life is exterminated, there's nothing to record whether the universe exists or not, so it doesn't matter by that point.
>>
>>61042741
>>61042648
thanks mate
>>
>>61027549
>>61042400
/thread
It will actually take longer than that even, according to the most recent measurements. Don't worry OP, by the time the universe ends, we will either all be dead or be inter-dimensional gods, able to come and go through universes as we please, shaping them to our will.
>>
>>61027549
>how do we stop/slow it down?

did you remember to attend Yoga class today, Amelia?

For real, though, Heat Death will literally take billions of year, if not more. Also, who cares about #3. No one will be around to perceive it, and nothing matters if everything gets disintegrated
>>
TRUMP IS THE GREAT GOD OF AMERICA

HE WILL PREVENT HEAT DEATH FROM EVER REACHING THE LANDS OF AMERICA

BUT MAY IT REACH ISIS
>>
>>61041409
I came here to post this. My nigger.
>>
>>61031822
It'll be Grim Dark, but we'll be around.
>>
>>61027549
more make believe and conjecture i see. you people and your make believe. well, i'm off to bed. before i go however, i'm going to need you to provide proof of where the singularity came from, and then provide observable testable proof as to why another singularity won't appear since the first arrived without provocation.

you people and your never to be proven models.

>>61043029
more conjecture that has no basis in reality other than the theories of atheist. madnesss.

all of it, madness.
>>
>>61035710
>Zeus is the only way to explain any sort of thunder. You are dumb dude.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>61027549
Universe isn't expanding, we're just in a fluctuation of shit we don't understand.
>>
File: AWhiteImperium.png (222KB, 1397x752px) Image search: [Google]
AWhiteImperium.png
222KB, 1397x752px
>>61031822
>>61044000
this desu senpai
>>
>>61029416
fuck off roko
>>
File: AVEIMPERATOR.png (237KB, 790x1700px) Image search: [Google]
AVEIMPERATOR.png
237KB, 790x1700px
>>61044215
>>
>>61036940
so true cykabro.
>>
>>61027549
Your fedora is on too tight. Why are you concerned about this?
>>
>>61031822
depends if we figure out ftl or if its even possible, stuck on this planet we are dead for sure. There are a lot of resources up there through so we may have a go at the solar system in the next 1000 years or so.
>>
>>61027549
You kill witches, dont let anyone say otherwise
>>
Dude, we didn't even had the first death of a star yet.

Right now, there's not dead stars on the Universe. Yep, no black dwarfs. It means, the entropy takes a hell of time to kill the universe. The time it will take is huge, believe me, unimaginable huge. By that time, if we survive these billions of trillions of years, we well be totally different beings, perhaps controlling even the borders of the existence itself. And perhaps, all this drama about dying universe won't be much drama to think about it.
>>
Speaking of esoteric future stuff, what does /pol/ think of this article?

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/30/meditations-on-moloch/

(Ignore the rest of this guy's stuff for now, as they distract from the article itself)
>>
>>61044215
Sounds like Islam. When do you join?
>>
>>61044823
>worshiping your own species as a god
>like Islam
two bombs weren't enough.
>>
>>61027549
Stars are expected to form normally for 10^12 to 10^14 (1–100 trillion) years,

You care what happens in 100 trillion years, thats fucking dumb
>>
"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy"

If you do basically nothing (aside from whatever is necessary for survival) for one day every week, you lower your contribution towards entropy by 1/7.
>>
File: 1438017732265.png (819KB, 1139x857px) Image search: [Google]
1438017732265.png
819KB, 1139x857px
Considering humans are expected to be extinct in the next 1,000-10,000 years, there's nothing we can do to prevent the end of the universe. Although it's probably like 10^200 years away so maybe some other life will figure out the issue before it's too late.
>>
>>61045144
>expected
That's quitter talk, Canada.
>>
>>61044687
we are at the very beginning of things, I dont see the problem here.
>>
Its an incredibly long process. After our star dies, we'll move to other stars, we'll keep moving to stars until we can't anymore. Then we'll begin farming the remaining black holes for energy. Eventually those will be gone too and really the only avenue we'll have left is akin to downloading our consciousnesses and simulating existance.
>>
>>61045214
We're overdue for a major extinction event. And I'm Canadian, being a cucked quitter has been instilled in me from preschool by Liberal education
>>
>>61045332
>We're overdue for a major extinction event.
Then we'll punch it in it's stupid cosmic face when it rears its ugly head.
If you have nothing else, at least have hope and the desire to move forward.
>>
File: 1434346354318.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1434346354318.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>human race is barely 200,000 years old
>being worried about something 20,000,000,000 years away
>>
>>61045259
if by any stretch of the imagination you think humans will live to over a 160 quadrillion years to when all the stars have turned to black holes, Im fairly certain we would be creating reality at that point, not moving from black hole to black hole to get dem energies.
>>
>>61042648
I dream about this scenario when i get lost in my thoughts.
>>
>>61044048
>can't into science
>must be madness

stay rare cunt
>>
The universe will expand and become so massive that all of the atoms will split and usher in a new big bang, therefore bringing about the Big Bang and a new time line.
>>
Magical girls.
>>
>>61027549
Just put the heater on dude lol
>>
>>61027549
that shits going to take millions of years and ill be dead in 50, idc
>>
>>61027549
Build the star gates and escape this solar system
>>
>>61042648
>>61042741
ay this interest me
is this from >/x/?
>>
>>61045506
you forgot a set of zeros
>>
File: 1449261156138.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1449261156138.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>ywn rawdog a blackhole
>>
>>61045666
I know you're being silly, Satan

But that might be part of an answer. By commanding energy it might keep "Balance" from happening, moving energy around like waves in an ocean, never flooding the coastal cities.
>>
File: ACivilizedWar.png (138KB, 1292x1211px) Image search: [Google]
ACivilizedWar.png
138KB, 1292x1211px
>>61045720
/tg/ actually, but there is an autistic misanthrope that shitposts HFY threads into oblivion whenever they pop up.
Dumping what I have.
>>
File: Adrenalin.png (61KB, 1213x807px) Image search: [Google]
Adrenalin.png
61KB, 1213x807px
>>61045857
>>
>>61027549
We need madoka to save us.
>>
File: AFarersSacrement.png (83KB, 598x1051px) Image search: [Google]
AFarersSacrement.png
83KB, 598x1051px
>>61045891
>>
File: 1401615296411.png (139KB, 1325x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1401615296411.png
139KB, 1325x1028px
>>61045891
>>
>>61032490
says you, im gonna live forever!
>>
>>61027549
>How do we prevent the Heat Death?

Become God. Decree that Reality behave differently.

Next problem?
>>
>>61042400
So is a multiverse theory more or less accepted at this point?

Would these different universe have different physical laws?
>>
When the age of humanity is long and gone. True AI, created by some of the most brilliant minds and melded together with the minds of the last surviving humans will either stop the heat death, or recreate the universe so that the next cycle may have a chance to succeed
>>
File: 1418076303974.jpg (6KB, 188x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418076303974.jpg
6KB, 188x250px
>>61043983
nice tits for some milfs, specially the one on the left

who cares, this is the meaning of life. banging milfs
>>
File: Apollo11BadEnd.png (33KB, 1258x402px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo11BadEnd.png
33KB, 1258x402px
>>61045926
>>
File: BigBrothers.png (143KB, 1614x828px) Image search: [Google]
BigBrothers.png
143KB, 1614x828px
>>61046430
>>
>>61046237
Generally, when working with multiverse, every single instance of possibility, and impossibility, occurs.

Different sets of universal laws, different occurrences in each universe, and so on.

In one Universe, Hitler won.
In another, nickels (5 cents) are called "Nipples" and that's the only difference.
In another, light is slightly slower.

It's "Everything" to say the least. The only constant would really be that each one probably has physical laws that must be obeyed, but what those laws are can vary.
>>
File: DeathWorld.jpg (40KB, 801x153px) Image search: [Google]
DeathWorld.jpg
40KB, 801x153px
>>61046467
>>
File: DrakeMcDougal.png (1MB, 1206x1134px) Image search: [Google]
DrakeMcDougal.png
1MB, 1206x1134px
>>61046621
>>
File: DropInFive.jpg (298KB, 1230x416px) Image search: [Google]
DropInFive.jpg
298KB, 1230x416px
>>61046649
>>
>>61041216
Fuck off panama
>>
>>61027549
Read "city at the end of time"
>>
>>61046471
How would one get from one universe to the next?

Pretty beautiful desu senpai
>>
File: ForgotMagicWasAThing.jpg (694KB, 1884x1255px) Image search: [Google]
ForgotMagicWasAThing.jpg
694KB, 1884x1255px
>>61046674
>>
Current issues are more important than this no matter how petty. If society collapses we have no chance dumbass
>>
It's a bit foolish to believe that predictions, which rely on theories about dark matter and dark energy, about the fate of the universe made less than 50 years ago are very accurate. For a much longer time, people believed that the Sun revolved around Earth.
>>
>>61046745
Before we can answer that question we have to know if there is even anything beyond our universe. If the universe is expanding, it's expanding into something. Whether that something is just nothingness, we don't know yet. Since it's expanding in every direction, we know universes aren't next to one another, so we'd have to travel faster than the universe is expanding, get to the frontier, and who knows what would happen.

TL;DR you don't
>>
File: ForOurAngryMother.jpg (195KB, 1658x902px) Image search: [Google]
ForOurAngryMother.jpg
195KB, 1658x902px
>>61046754
>>
>>61034244
sun is tiny compared to a star that could go supernova, and the "collision" with andromeda most likely wont affect our solar system
>>
File: HumansAreHeavyWorlders.png (87KB, 854x455px) Image search: [Google]
HumansAreHeavyWorlders.png
87KB, 854x455px
>>61047099
>>
File: LastWarOfTheGwin.jpg (218KB, 1234x916px) Image search: [Google]
LastWarOfTheGwin.jpg
218KB, 1234x916px
>>61047162
>>
>>61046754
>>61046674
>>61046649
>>61046621
>>61046467
>>61046430
>>61045995
>>61045926
>>61045891
>>61045857

Ttthannks Anon
ill get comfy first then read them
>>
File: feels otterly amazing lads.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
feels otterly amazing lads.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>61027549
>Current theories project that this will result in either (1) a universe that becomes too cold to sustain life, (2) a universe that achieves maximum entropy wherein all things are evenly distributed and so no gradients for supporting processes such as life are possible, or (3) a total disintegration of all forms into unbound particles. Either way, all life as we know it will be extinguished.
This is my fetish.
>>
>>61046745
Dunno.

It probably varies universe to universe. You'd need to match the conditions to both, leave one, and enter the other.
Even if you made it to the other universe, if the physical laws didn't like your presence, you might be completely destroyed upon arrival.

Perhaps going FTL in our universe is how we leave it. Maybe being made mostly of water is how we enter another. Then, when we gaint he ability to go FTL, we enter that universe.

Maybe that universe has loli cat girls. Maybe it has high pitched world leaders. Maybe it's full of chimeras.

Although, it'd be safe to assume that to leave, you need a ton of energy to punch through. LHC makes people think we can punch into other areas. Whether it's to send things there, or pull things here. Maybe we can send them an apple, maybe we'll pull Satan into our world. We don';t know, and maybe we do know!
Maybe imagination is how we poke into other universes, and every imagined story is just us recording other universe's events. That's why others can imagine the same work of art and edit it, because they focus in on events in similar but different events.
Good imagination = Good connection to that universe. probably.

Multiverse!
>>
File: XZJDBUO.jpg (50KB, 557x711px) Image search: [Google]
XZJDBUO.jpg
50KB, 557x711px
>>61032927
>>
File: Man is god.png (37KB, 942x492px) Image search: [Google]
Man is god.png
37KB, 942x492px
>>61047196

>>61047205
Hold it nigga, I have more.
>>
>>61047271
thanks for the post m8 this was cool
>>
File: MotherEarthIsACrackWhore.jpg (99KB, 1232x377px) Image search: [Google]
MotherEarthIsACrackWhore.jpg
99KB, 1232x377px
>>61047417
>>
>>61033445
RARE
>>
>>61040359

Australia shitpost game still strong.
>>
File: the bunyip.png (2MB, 1792x5006px) Image search: [Google]
the bunyip.png
2MB, 1792x5006px
Has any /pol/ HFY been posted yet?
>>
File: MrBurnsOnManVsNature.png (42KB, 1636x176px) Image search: [Google]
MrBurnsOnManVsNature.png
42KB, 1636x176px
>>61047451
>>
>>61040983
i think most people don't have a clear understanding of what qualifies as organized and what qualifies as disorganized
>>
>>61027549
>So how do we stop it? Or at least slow it down?

We don't, we figure a way to move into another parallel universe.
>>
File: Of12.png (322KB, 1368x2651px) Image search: [Google]
Of12.png
322KB, 1368x2651px
>>61047624
>>
File: OfficerHanks.jpg (1MB, 1881x1458px) Image search: [Google]
OfficerHanks.jpg
1MB, 1881x1458px
>>61047666
>>
File: OfKeralsAndBoogeymen.png (161KB, 1366x1285px) Image search: [Google]
OfKeralsAndBoogeymen.png
161KB, 1366x1285px
>>61047821
>>
File: OurChildren.png (71KB, 957x831px) Image search: [Google]
OurChildren.png
71KB, 957x831px
>>61047874
>>
File: Patience.png (160KB, 1222x1235px) Image search: [Google]
Patience.png
160KB, 1222x1235px
>>61047953
>>
File: stage-one-denial.jpg (38KB, 725x203px) Image search: [Google]
stage-one-denial.jpg
38KB, 725x203px
>>61044048
>>
>>61036477
Let there be light.
>>
File: RedskinCatsBTFO.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RedskinCatsBTFO.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>61047985
>>
File: ShouldHaveKeptTheTatoo.png (92KB, 904x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ShouldHaveKeptTheTatoo.png
92KB, 904x1024px
>>61048010
>>
File: SpaceCube.png (104KB, 1020x1514px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceCube.png
104KB, 1020x1514px
>>61048078
>>
File: SpaceEverest.png (600KB, 1000x1040px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceEverest.png
600KB, 1000x1040px
>>61048104
>>
>>61027549
probably by harnessing whatever energy is left in the old universe to tear ourselves a dimensional wormhole into a younger universe but i dont think this will be a problem that humanity needs to solve. we'll all be long dead before then
>>
>>61047441
Here's another one,

There's a chance that in multiverse theory, that we just randomly fall into/are abducted into other universes.

I'm sure you've seen the Bearenstein/stain thing, known as the Mandela effect.

Then of course comes the horror stories, such as, there's possible monsters that move between dimensions hunting creatures for sadistic fun. Maybe then snatch up people like us and take us to other dimensions where our beings are warped terribly, just to experiment and study the effects. Maybe the slip in and out between dimensions, for one split second you see them, and they see you, and the next you're both blind to each other.

Maybe stumbling into that visible point lets us become those monsters, and you find out that it's not sadism, but curiosity from the other side of the the lab.

Of course, I can keep going, but we'd have to cover quite literally everything you can and can't imagine, or possibly fathom. Hell, we can't even discuss almost any of it before we hit a wall trying to talk about something so alien that it can never occur to us, and if it were brought up to us, we'd be rendered into a pile of goo.

Multiverse is fun, and while it's fun, it'll probably be how our universe ends, and where the parallel universe that is exactly like ours doesn't make the same mistake and lasts longer.
>>
>>61047985
>>61047953
>>61047874
>>61047821
>>61047666
>>61047603
>>61047451
>>61047417
you mf just when im finished with the last one

but ttttthanks, time to get more comfy

also what is hfy
>>
File: Technocracy.png (146KB, 1188x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Technocracy.png
146KB, 1188x1042px
>>61048152
>>
>>61048267
HUmans fuck emus
>>
File: TheFirst.png (145KB, 1897x743px) Image search: [Google]
TheFirst.png
145KB, 1897x743px
>>61048298

>>61048267
HFY: Humanity, Fuck Yeah!
>>
File: TheHumansAreComing.png (270KB, 1310x2187px) Image search: [Google]
TheHumansAreComing.png
270KB, 1310x2187px
>>61048389
>>
>>61048267
Humanity Fuck Yeah.

It's a story that shows how men are created in the Image of God, not just by our looks, but by our ability to become God-like.

In other words, why we're the ultimate physical being and will overcome everything.
>>
File: ThePulse.png (275KB, 1128x1963px) Image search: [Google]
ThePulse.png
275KB, 1128x1963px
>>61048419
>>
>>61048216
>implying those creatures aren't "demons" or "aliums"
>>
File: TheyAreNotWarriors.png (81KB, 1876x482px) Image search: [Google]
TheyAreNotWarriors.png
81KB, 1876x482px
>>61048459

>>61048443
That's what it often ends up being, but it was originally created as a response to humans always being the "average" or "diplomats" in sci-fi, and seeks to apply other traits to us. (such as being xenocidal warlords, innate emperors, etc)
>>
File: girugamesh.png (295KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
girugamesh.png
295KB, 600x519px
>>61036940
Damn, that's awesome.
>>
>>61027549
Stopping the heat death would require stopping the universe from expanding.

That would require technology and energy far beyond anything humanity currently has.
>>
File: ThisWillBeHome.png (110KB, 1009x315px) Image search: [Google]
ThisWillBeHome.png
110KB, 1009x315px
>>61048536
>>
>>61039287
it means youre hungry
>>
File: VeilOfMadness1.png (118KB, 877x1700px) Image search: [Google]
VeilOfMadness1.png
118KB, 877x1700px
>>61048667
>>
File: VeilOfMadness2.png (109KB, 1140x1500px) Image search: [Google]
VeilOfMadness2.png
109KB, 1140x1500px
>>61048698
>>
We won't exist by the time heat death is a relevant concern. The form of "life" which does exist by then will have the ability to escape into younger universes.
>>
File: 7Zl78.gif (2MB, 396x216px) Image search: [Google]
7Zl78.gif
2MB, 396x216px
>>61048443
You forgot your kamina gif
>>
File: WeAreComingForYou.png (122KB, 1280x1397px) Image search: [Google]
WeAreComingForYou.png
122KB, 1280x1397px
>>61048717
>>
>>61036477
>as of yet
Implying we are that close to an answer.

What was the answer anyway? Put humans in subspace then reboot universe with a big bang?
>>
>>61048467
They are.

And we're someone else's demons and aliens.
So what is a demon that haunts our demons, and can it see us?

Star control 2 entertained the idea, the most generic looking alien (Arilou, green men in stereotypical looking UFO's) tells you that he remembers humans, and that they care for us, when we were young they changed our "Smell" so that a huge demon from another dimension can't detect us, even if it interacts with us.

They live in the "Above", which is like Hyper-Hyperspace, and the demon is from the "Below", essentially a folded space. The Orz (The demon) appear to be individual creatures, but are described by the Arilou as fingers to a gigantic monster from the Below.

So, in the Above, things that save us, which we see as Aliens.
In the Below, a wicked monster that destroys anything it detects, it's fingers poking into our universe. a Demon.

Then comes the Above and Below, essentially, FTL and folding space, to move faster or to lessen the distance needed to travel, which is an interesting concept.
>>
>>61048680
Pie is an endless number
Thus the simulation is technically endless
Thus that would mean they would need to build a machine that could store the endless
Thus that would mean that the builders of said simulation would have acquired god like power and that the simulation in of itself is whats valuable, not the data which is acquired from it
>>
File: WeDropInFive.png (124KB, 1577x512px) Image search: [Google]
WeDropInFive.png
124KB, 1577x512px
>>61048896
>>
File: WellFindAWay.png (28KB, 586x99px) Image search: [Google]
WellFindAWay.png
28KB, 586x99px
>>61048896
>>
File: WeShouldHaveBeenConcerned.png (116KB, 1310x1096px) Image search: [Google]
WeShouldHaveBeenConcerned.png
116KB, 1310x1096px
>>61049254
>>
File: WhatIsYourExcuse.png (297KB, 1258x678px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIsYourExcuse.png
297KB, 1258x678px
>>61049303
>>
File: WhatItMeansToBeHuman.png (20KB, 1223x305px) Image search: [Google]
WhatItMeansToBeHuman.png
20KB, 1223x305px
>>61049335
>>
>>61027549
>>>/x/
>>
File: 1452746051471[1].jpg (575KB, 1440x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1452746051471[1].jpg
575KB, 1440x1540px
>>61049407
And that's the last of what I have, /pol/

Sweet dreams of Terran Imperium!
>>
Anyone got the HFY where the alien enslaves all black humans?
>>
File: Egg.jpg (519KB, 1264x2483px) Image search: [Google]
Egg.jpg
519KB, 1264x2483px
>>
File: Egg prequel.jpg (344KB, 1280x996px) Image search: [Google]
Egg prequel.jpg
344KB, 1280x996px
>>61050120
>>
>>61050120
Didn't the guy who wrote The Martian write that?
>>
>>61047067
What if there are more than 4 fundamental forces, and one of those pulls on photons only. This hypothesized force pulls back on them, slowing them down just a tiny bit. Over distance it causes a red-shift.

In other words, what if the universe isn't really expanding?

This is the sort of random shit I think about.
>>
File: hfy 73.jpg (634KB, 1884x1042px) Image search: [Google]
hfy 73.jpg
634KB, 1884x1042px
>>61049993
Found It!
>>
>>61050460
Anything is possible, but not everything is true.

That's the beauty of science, anon! We actually don't know anything, we're just very, very certain, almost completely so, that we're right on what we do know.
>>
>nothing can travel faster than light
>in a universe where things are separating faster than light

explain this autismfags
>>
File: itendsnow.gif (84KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
itendsnow.gif
84KB, 403x392px
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

ONLY 10*100 YEARS LEFT WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>61050786
You stand still and let space do all the work you lazy fuck!
>>
File: 1451171579061.png (4KB, 298x290px) Image search: [Google]
1451171579061.png
4KB, 298x290px
>>61050828
>>
>>61050828

Estonia only has 9 months until Putin invades. FYI. NATO will not resist it. (Thank France and Germany.)
>>
>>61050786

The speed of light is the maximum speed at which anything can move through space. Space itself is expanding faster.
>>
>>61032490
>Traverses the cosmos in a world ship in search of a new home
>Settle on new world
>Revert to being fucking cavemen

No. If we are advanced enough to save ourselves then we can continue on high level
of technological achievement...
>>
>>61050947
Does light move faster than gravity?
>>
File: what zaku.jpg (94KB, 596x392px) Image search: [Google]
what zaku.jpg
94KB, 596x392px
>>61050947
>Space itself is expanding faster.
>>
>issue we won't have to even begin to worry about for at least another 5 billion years
>belonging on /pol/

/sci/ pls go
>>
>>61051172
Speed of gravity in a vacuum is the same as the speed of light.
>>
>>61044215
Fucking autistic
>>
>>61049787
Thanks you for the dumps Anon

Where can I find more materials like these? from /tg/?
>>
>>61027549
We'll be dead by then. Water wars incoming boys.
>>
>>61044540
This is the best answer.
>>
>>61050460
Take for example a proto galaxy on the edge of the observable universe. It's a completely redshifted piece of shit blog, and it's true location and state is completely unknown. What we can know is that we're looking at a snapshot of it from 13 birrion years ago, and that snapshot is 13 birrion right years awei. Now think of all the various cosmological objects between us and that proto galaxy across 76,254,048,000,000,000,000,000 miles. Planets, Stars, Galaxies, black holes, supermassive black holes, even space dust - all that stuff can bend and warp and slow down light.

So yes, what is there to say that the light reaching us just hasn't been delayed by factors?

Also take into consideration the concept of exposure in photography. The photos generated of that most distant proto galaxy required over 20 hours of exposure for the camera to capture it.

Surely there is such a thing as slow light.
>>
>>61046649
Those feels, /pal/. That was great.
>>
>>61027549
We're talking tens of billion of years before that happens and if we're still alive, we'll probably have dyson spheres that can power entropy reduction and organize matter in a way that can sustain our own lives. Seriously though in 10 billion years if terrestrial life still exists, we'll be so far evolved one cannot even begin to imagine what we'll look like or how our bodies will function.
>>
>>61034028
underrated post

seriously funny
>>
>>61051297
Not now, but you can try searching the archives.

plebbit also has a fairly good compendium of them on its own subreddit, but then again
>plebbit
>>
>>61051172

No, gravity propagates at the speed of light. The "speed of light" isn't really about light, it's better thought of as the speed of causality, the maximum speed at which something in the universe can interact with something else.
>>
If you sit at a desk all day shitposting, not spending energy, you're contributing to making the lifespan of the universe slightly longer. More benefits of being a NEET.
>>
>>61051614

Estonians only know the Speed of Getting Drunk.
>>
File: alien sex.jpg (87KB, 1002x407px) Image search: [Google]
alien sex.jpg
87KB, 1002x407px
What is the frequency of a gravity wave and why is it more than a terahertz?
>>
>>61040694

Are you striving for Immortality right now anon?
Can I work with you?
>>
>>61051347
>Surely there is such a thing as slow light.

I believe scientists have been able to slow down light in the lab. If true, this just goes to show that the further a galaxy is away doesn't necessarily mean it's traveling faster than one closer.

I know I'm coming from a human Newtonian level of physics daily experience, but it just doesn't make sense that it's distance from Earth affects its speed.

... unless the photons are being altered in some way.
>>
>>61051614
>the maximum speed at which something in the universe can interact with something else.

What is quantum entanglement?
>>
>>61051956
That doesn't move anon.
The data moves, but that is too advanced of a topic for this discussion.
>>
>>61051889
If by "working towards immortality" you mean "making as much money as possible so that I can give it to the people working on immortality", then yes.

Unfortunately, I enjoy math far too much to do neurology.
>>
>>61051956
really fucking complicated
>>
>>61052052
Maybe there's a particle that moves faster than light that we can't detect? Maybe the information transfer doesn't use particles? Shit, why does everyone act like science just stopped (not saying you are, I'm just saying).
>>
>>61052416
>Shit, why does everyone act like science just stopped
Because we have no evidence otherwise.

Why I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism, you're pretty much talking about the Jewish Cabal equivalent of physics.

Can it exist? Yes.
Does it exist? We don't know.
Do we have any concrete evidence that it does exist? Absolutely none.
>>
>>61029248
>tfw you realize life could not form or evolve by chance in this universe
>tfw you realize there is likely multiple universes
>tfw you realize this universe will eventually die
>tfw you 2+2 to realize that there is a God
>and he is a being so advanced and powerful he escaped from another universe into this one
>>
>>61027549
You don't.
>>
>>61051956
>>61052416

Quantum entanglement cannot transmit information faster than light.
>>
>>61052780
explain
>>
>>61053430

I'm not a physicist. Google that shit and prepare to waste hours of your life.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.