[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the Spanish have still colonised South America if they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: reminder07.jpg (73KB, 651x403px) Image search: [Google]
reminder07.jpg
73KB, 651x403px
Would the Spanish have still colonised South America if they knew the countries wouldn't turn out as good as British colonies?
>>
>>61025736
Yes
>>
>All the gold they got from there

Pretty sure they wouldn't give a shit
>>
>>61025736
Yes, they got fucktons of gold and silver mines and sugar plantations and they never gave a shit about the natives anyway
>>
Why didn't the anglos from America sweep through mexico fucking dem Aztec bitches, that would probably make them more civilised and better looking (latin and anglo mix is pretty perf)
>>
>>61026103

Actually that gold bankrupted their economy and marked the start of their long decline. A few merchants made out like bandits, the whole of Spanish industry was decimated.
>>
>>61025736
What do you mean? we're doing good.
>>
>>61025736
>India
>South Africa

Stop cherrypicking. Plus we're not cucked by Islam. Fuck off.
>>
>>61025736

What? The Spanish colonies turned out much better than the British colonies.

A lot of South America is much more civilised than shitholes like India, Pakistan, and the British African colonies. Chile and Argentina are somewhat OK.

Reminder that Canada, Australia, New Zealand and I guess the USA, are not relevant. The British population simply moved there. Just an extension of Britain.
>>
Diden't gave a shit here either.
And then went broke multiple times cause of constant wars with the lower countries.
Even though there is nothing really here compared to its colonies wealth they could extract.
>>
>>61026719
Any examples of said mix?
>>
>>61028276
You're actually wrong, they got a whole fucking bunch of money from what is currently Netherlands and Belgium. I had to read on this, and iirc, it had to do with it being main trade center for Europe, and if buzzword memory serves me right, Mercantilism(?) shot the dutch up into a power similar to how Portugal used to be after they gained independence.
>>
File: 1448004056827.jpg (582KB, 1296x1455px) Image search: [Google]
1448004056827.jpg
582KB, 1296x1455px
B R I T I S H
E
S
T
>>
Except for 4 colonies the british ones are shitholes.
>>
>>61034249
Name 1 good spanish colony... go ahead I'll wait.
>>
The US would not exist if it wasn't for Spain. Learn your history you idiot.
>>
>>61034725
Only a few states have heavy permanent Spanish cultural influences though.
Simply put, the things that the Spanish valued in those times were not the things the English valued later on, its not surprising colonial developments slowed down.
Its also blood. The Spanish were too kind. If I had a time machine, I'd go back in time and kill bartholemew De las Casas or however that bastard was called.
With him gone, Catholicism could have been to Europe what Shinto is to Japan, and the Spanish would have ACTUALLY genocided, because lets be real, they didn't. For colonizers, they were tremendously kind and not as vicious as the English or the Portuguese.
>>
>>61025736
RARE FLAG
R
A
R
R

POO IN LOO
>>
>>61034249
Better than none m8
>>
>United States and not United States
>>
>>61025736
One of the picture on the Spanish side was taken in the US
>>
>>61034428
Netherlands, hue.
>>
File: 1444678914256.jpg (382KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444678914256.jpg
382KB, 1280x720px
>>61036283
>doesn't mention Belgium, the ex-colony that actually shares his Religion
>>
>>61034428
Costa Rica.
>>
>>61034249
Do South American Spanish accents sound strange too you? Like is the difference as big as Britain to America or Canada?
>>
File: 1451092756699.png (167KB, 293x398px) Image search: [Google]
1451092756699.png
167KB, 293x398px
>Canada
>turned out good
>>
>>61041690
There's huge difference indeed, weon
>>
British Colonies>Spanish Colonies>French Colonies>Portuguese Colonies>>>>>>>>>Belgian Colonies
>>
>>61040811
You speak french though, that compensates it.
>>
We've always been too kind -I'm Spaniard-. Our values were different, british are greedy as fuck, we based ourselves in romanization while british were basically vikings.
>>
>>61041690
People who emigrated there were from regions where they speak the ugliest spanish that exists.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.