[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Community Colleges

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 19

File: cc.png (20KB, 848x564px) Image search: [Google]
cc.png
20KB, 848x564px
Are community colleges just for losers, niggers, and white trash that didn't have the wits to make it to a four-year school and are still trying to get an associate of art degree at the age of 25 while living with their mom and looking for a job at a Walmart or Arby's and spend their free time posting on 4chan about stuff they don't really know much about?
>>
>>getting your stupid gen eds out of the way for an 1/8th of the price is stupid.

enjoy your $70,000 in dept when you get out
>>
Not necessarily. An education is what you make of it. Sure community college is not ideal, but for some there isn't any other option. The best thing you can do is go to cc for two years, get good grades, and then transfer to a real college.
>>
There for when you're poor and plan on transferring to a university after two years.
>>
>>61014746
They're
>>
>>61014565
No, you can save on tuition and get good grades and then finish your bachelor's at a four year school. Then only put the four year school on your resume. Then laugh at all your coworkers paying off their massive school loan.
>>
Listen, im a little older and all my friends have graduated. Now my two best friends were STEM. On studied mechanical engineering and the other genetic counseling. The engineer joined the air force since there was no work and the other got cucked by universities for 5 years before finally gettingg into a graduate degree. He was getting min wage for ahitty part time contract lab work. It sucked.

Now i went to CC for business information technology. I make twice as much as those suckers to sit on a pc and eat candy and gossip with the overweight HR women. I didnt start school untill 3 years ago. I realized if i cant beat them, join them. Im about to buy a sassy looney toon sweater to fit in better. Being HR is so easy, just throw resumes with STEM degrees in the trash. No business degree no real skills for the office
>>
File: Rickey-Roupp-Riley.jpg (27KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rickey-Roupp-Riley.jpg
27KB, 384x480px
From what I've seen CC's are trade schools for the marginal lower classes (like weenies)
>>
>>61014565
>implying it takes wits to make it into a four year school and not just being black
Harvard, pls

Also, technical school is where its at. Learn a fucking trade. Welding, Radiology, shit like that.
Have fun with your underwater navajo basket weaving degree from Shekelstein University though, OP.
>>
>>61015169
You're older than 25 but can't use proper grammar? No wonder this country is going down the drain.
>>
>>61014565
Community College is for people who aren't retarded and want a mountain of debt right out the gate.

The first two years in any college is general education shit. You can get that all out of the way at a community college for free and then go to a respectable college and get all your classes for your real degree.

Why spend 10 times the amount for the same classes at a university when the first 2 years are basically the same wherever you go?
>>
File: 1451325229167.jpg (657KB, 1857x1543px) Image search: [Google]
1451325229167.jpg
657KB, 1857x1543px
>>61015169
>Im about to buy a sassy looney toon sweater to fit in better.
I dont know whether to laugh or to cringe at this
>>
>>61014565
cc was great with the gibill. got 1300 a month to do easy online courses
>>
They are a valid option for the budget minded student.

Often you get the same quality of education (when comparing same/similar courses) but for a fraction of the cost.

Plus you can transfer to a 4 year university after two.

Let me guess, you also shit on trade school too.
>>
>>61014565
i got a 2 year engineering degree and make 65k a year
>>
>>61015169
IT fags always say they make a killing, but I find it hard to believe when all your jobs can be outsourced to India.
>>
I went to community college. Saved 100,000 dollars. Transferred to Cornell University. Graduated. Now I'm in a master's at WUSTL.

#notall
>>
College is for liberal faggots
>>
>>61014565
I go to College of DuPage, the #1 com college in the country. It's not a bad school, transferring to University of Washington in August.
>>
>>61014565
Going to a 4 year school straight out of high school with no significant scholarship is good goy tier.
>>
>>61015169
0/10
>>
>>61015922
>Plus you can transfer to a 4 year university after two.
This is why I originally decided to do CC. But the universities in my states had too many people doing that, so they raised the standards and requirements for transfer students.
By the time I complete all of the transfer requirements for my school of choice, I'll have 90 or 100 credit hours but will not have even started on my major classes. It's going to take an extra year, or even two, to finish my Bachelor's because of this.
>>
I'm 25 and enrolled in community college. Can you believe that shit? 25 and no degree? I really fucked up my life. And I can't even maintain a 4.0 gpa either, it's dropped to 3.4
University is going to destroy me. Sometimes I wonder if I even possess the academic aptitude.
>>
>>61016863
Nigga I go to COD.
>>
>>61014565
this statement right here is the key to University over pricing. If people didn't believe this, universities wouldn't cost shIt.
>>
>>61016863
Where is College of DuPage ranked #1?
>>
>>61014565
No
I'm a Mexican and I'm going to CC
I'm probably going to ditch this shit though and join the military when this semester is over

I think it's my only way out of my mothers home I'm fucking 19 already
My sister is still living at home at 21 and I think I would rather die than stay here another year
>>
>>61017373
Probably not desu
>>
Community college may get a bad rep, but overall they are just fine. Sure, if you're after a more specialized degree, such as a PhD in Theoretical Physics, you'll need to go to a big name college with connections, but for nearly everything else, CC is great.
>>
>>61017634
Corruption probably.
>>
>>61014565
You learn he same thing and pay much much less. Going straight to a 4 year is stupid unless you're rich.
>>
If you spend a week in a class at a CC is becomes incredibly obvious who is a fucking retard and who will actually do something with their life.

You have black people in your CC class, you picked the wrong major.
>>
>>61014771
Both work
>>
>>61014565
I saved a fortune getting an associate's degree from my local CC. I also managed to avoid mandatory "diversity" credits, as well as the indoc classes (such as don't rape, don't be sexist, etc. etc.)
>>
that's the primary target audience, but there are also those exceptional few which ace their classes, get a 4.0 gpa, and transfer to higher tier cunts.
>>
>>61014565
>>61014722
>enjoy your $70,000 in dept when you get out

this. i can work my shitty job and pay for an electronics technology degree without loans and shit.
>>
>>61017373
>24
>will be 25 in a few months
>should have graduated a year and a half ago
>still need three more basic courses to graduate

Fug
>>
>>61014565
...and old people seeking career advancement.
>>
File: 1448232619720.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1448232619720.png
205KB, 505x431px
>>61014565
Yeah, let me just go to a uni and get in massive debt while also getting brained washed by a feminist-liberal-jews.
>>
>>61014565
No
>>
>>61014565

Community college and universities both are tools, and nothing more. Improperly use or fail to use either of them and your life will be harder as a consequence.
>>
Community college doesn't force you to leave in 4-5 years. Spent 4 years in cc. Found my passion. Currently in university. Enjoying success. Only problem is that my classmates are all underage libtards.
>>
>>61014565
Well that basically describes me, but I ended up working IT-related stuff early on (after some really shit jobs). The pay was shit, but it gave me good experience, especially since there usually was nobody else around to help me. You learn quick that way, when there's no other choice but to solve the problems yourself.
Anyway those big universities are shooting themselves in the foot these days, with all the SJW/leftism crap and overpriced education bubble (not just the costs, but also the need for more advanced degrees, which is also a buble in itself).
>>
>>61014565
You forgot that it's also a really easy way to cut your college costs in half for the most mundane part of your education and makes the possibility of finishing college with a degree and still be debt free.
But hey niggers and idiots use it so it's totally bad right?
>>
>>61014565
There were more blacks when I transferred to a University than when I was at a community college, because all the smart whites go to community college first to get their entry-level credits out of the way for 1/10th of the cost.
>>
File: 1448326219516.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
1448326219516.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>61014565
>Went to community college
>Earn a 3 year diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
>Become Technologist at major telecom firm
>Make lots of dough
>Have nice house
>Nice collector car
>Literally have everything I want
>Get laid off with 6 months severance
>Find new job making less money but in public sector (education) where I cant get fired, doing IT work, have pension can retire early
>Spend 90% of day just browsing the internet in my own office
>Boss only comes by to see me about 3 times a year because hes in a different city
>Wife also went to community college
>She worked in telecom company also, got laid off, 6 months paid, now just got job at a university
>>
>tfw the government literally paid me to go to cc for three semesters and get my gen-eds out of the way
>transferring to a real college next week and will finally be able to have some fun

Get rekt, debtcucks
>>
>>61014565
First two years of your undergrad is mostly "unlearning" high school shit anyway, so no, CC is not a bad idea because those first two undergrad years aren't going to be much different wherever you go. I did CC myself and state college and I'll be debt-free in 2 more semesters when I finish off my Bachelors.

CC is a great way to transfer to more prestigious schools as well, just get a high GPA and it's a lot easier than being accepted out of high school. Plus, right out of high school it is a good way to get out any fuckups you'll make adjusting to the college-level style of education or finding (and I mean REALLY finding) your major.
>>
File: 1445872875736.png (158KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1445872875736.png
158KB, 1000x963px
>tfw my friends are 20k in debt while I went to CC free since my mommy is a professor there

Feels smug mane
>>
>>61014565
As a former community college professor, I can tell you this is 100% correct.
>>
File: 1406037853979s.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1406037853979s.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>61021855
As someone who has to provide IT support for community college professors, you guys are idiots.
>>
>>61014565
why would you shame people that have low income. Another /pol/ tard.
>>
>>61018187

>electronics technology
>work through school

This.

I'm debt free, have a sweet ass union job, and make 4x minimum wage (even if it is just maple flavoured Canada monopoly money).
>>
>>61022315
Mee too :)
>>
I go to community college. I got accepted into a couple 4 year universities, but by going to community, I am able to take the same classes I would take at uni for waaaay less. I'm saving a shit ton of money and I can transfer all my credits into any college I want to transfer to. It also helps that I know what I will eventually major in so I cAn take the prerequisite classes for cheaper again
>>
Took the same photography classes four times just to have access to thier darkrooms. Sold "texas- style" photos at the local shop for $200 a piece to pay for it. I've since built my own shop and am doing pretty well doing what I love. I wasted 10k going for a degree which I regret.
>>
>>61014746
Preecisely. My mother in law works in that exact department at a CC in Central Maine. Targeting geberally poor, underperforming high school students and getting them to CC, and once there giving them the support to transfer up to a 4-year.
>>61014722
Also this. While my peers were in huge lecture halls with an uppity professor for English, comp, social studies, etc, I was even doing the online CC course for less cost,time, and WAY less effort.
>>
>>61014565
I'm sure the reasons for going to CC are different for everyone, but one thing is for sure - it's the cheapest and easiest way to clear out unnecessary prerequisites.
As other anons already stated, why go to a major university for 2 years doing bitch work at an insane price when you can do it at CC & transfer to that same uni down the road?

In my instance, my CC's nursing program is pretty reputable so I plan on continuing my education here.
>>
Every poorfag has the same excuse "but but I saved a lot of money"

Not everyone that goes to uni gets into debt. There are tons of scholarships and ways to pay for your tuition, and a lot of uni kids have very rich parents anyways. Having a CC on your resume is not a good look if you ever want to make over 50k a year. Btw I hope you guys enjoyed your community college parties and single mother white trash chicks haha
>>
>>61022315
Good ton see there aren't other retards who buy into the dorms and expensive classes when you can just go to a local college and expedite the process while you work for some extra cash.

The only reason people still go to expensive colleges is because their parents flip the bill while they brag to other parents while thier kids get a liberal arts degree while they get pegged by a couple of niggers who got in for free. It's really movies and shows that keep perpetuating colleges being nothing more than sex, drugs, and fun with little responsibility.

What people don't understand is finding yourself is a luxery. The faster you pick a career the better off you will be.
>>
>>61024659
I never seen anyone get turned down at my work because they went to CC. This is a lie that jews say to make people go to uni.
>>
>go to cc in wealthy county outside of DC
>pay for semesters out of pocket
>3.7 GPA (only that low because I got one C) with honor's courses
>will transfer to my state's top university in the fall

Hey you better take out a $180k loan you have no guarantee of paying off goyim!
>>
>>61025135

You're not going to make any good connections at a CC though, and the top tier frats won't want anything to do with you if you came from a CC.
>>
>>61014565
I'm certainly not a nigger, nor white trash just dirt poor

Sorry not all of us can be upper middle class but as ive seen from my older friends it's very well possible to graduate and go to a good university and get a decent job.
>>
>>61024941
>hat keep perpetuating colleges being nothing more than sex, drugs, and fun with little responsibility

But that's exactly what real college life is like if you play your cards right. You're just another CC kid with a chip on your shoulder because you missed out on badass parties and easy pussy.
>>
>>61017706
Just like me familia

Im either transfering or joining up after this semester
>>
>>61025975
>you missed out on badass parties and easy pussy.

Degenerate detected
>>
>>61025732
>frat
>connections meme
Or you know you can just get good grades and get a degree from a good grad school
Im gonna go out on a limb and guess youre a 17 year old who just got his acceptance letter and youre feeling like hot shit
>>
File: 1448155233265.jpg (53KB, 765x343px) Image search: [Google]
1448155233265.jpg
53KB, 765x343px
>>61025732
>top tier frats won't want anything to do with you if you came from a CC.

If you're an autist then yeah. But I know plenty of people who have friends in a top tier uni and gives us "poor cc" people jobs.

You're talking out of your ass. If you are motivated and determined enough you can get your dream job. Unless it's gender studies or art major then you're fucked.
>>
>Going to college
>not getting hired for concrete work and make 25 bucks an hour at 40-hours a week

I have a HS diploma with a 5.6 GPA
>>
File: 1358991249421.jpg (58KB, 336x504px) Image search: [Google]
1358991249421.jpg
58KB, 336x504px
From my experience

-10% are students trying to get into University
-40% are foreigners from the middle east and mexico
-30% are idiot potheads that go because their parents make them
-20% are weirdos that been there for +5 years doing who knows what
>>
>>61014565
God forbid the lower and middle classes try to better themselves!

what scum goes to CC
>>
File: Pizza Totino's Boy.png (342KB, 527x443px) Image search: [Google]
Pizza Totino's Boy.png
342KB, 527x443px
>Work fulltime
>Use my CC to get certifications for networking

Not a bad deal honestly. I don't understand the hate. 2+2=4 is still 2+2=4 no matter where it's taught.
>>
>>61014565

community college is for regular people, private college is for trust fund kids
>>
File: 1354848309110.jpg (45KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1354848309110.jpg
45KB, 384x288px
I admit one mistake I made was not staying and getting a useful associate degree instead of a useless bachelor degree that costed more and wasted more time.
>>
>>61027560
>You are now aware that these chicks are old and busted now.
>>
I went to CC in my late 20s and then to 4-year college. Now have a decent job, thinking about grad school.

Yeah, I fucked up early on, but would have never made it without CC. I was very grateful for it. I also liked being around older and more grounded people - a lot of college students are really naive and don't understand what average people are like at all.
>>
>>61014722

PAY DEPTS
A
Y

D
E
P
T
S
>>
A modest correction sir. Community college may be for "white trash" and "niggers" but universities are for astute,studious white trash who picked up a hankering for nigger dick and white guilt along the way.
>>
I went to a 4 year university, and got a useless liberal arts degree that gave me no job prospects. I was able to go to CC basically for free with financial aid, got a 2 year degree in computer forensics and info sec as well as some decent certs, and landed a job immediately after graduating. Now I make more than any of the other cucks I went to university with.
>>
>>61014565

CC's are better because its so working class no one has time to shit around being SJW wastes of space. Just look at the Ivy league schools now even they are a joke
>>
>>61014565
This is such a dumb idea, it makes me think the gov shills it.
Why? Comm college is great for saving money, most people can afford it out of pocket and live alone.
Any comm college worth it's salt is going to be partnered for local 4 years and you save 30k+

I started in comm college because I got pressed into it I found I liked a career and went for BS and now have one, no debt happy as a clam. If I didn't try for next to no money I wouldn't be here and I would have walked away from lack of direction with the cost of traditional.

Comm college is a great thing and AA's are mostly junk but so is a BA now a days
>>
Literally no one gives two shits about where you got your gen eds from. If you don't have a free ride scholarship, Community college is the only logical choice for your associates.
>>
>>61014565
sorry, i wasn't born into money because of my right wing parents thinking i have to earn everything myself
>>
I go to community college, and I feel so out of my element. You're right, half of the student body is niggers and other minorities, another 25 percent is low class whites, another 23 percent is "normal" white people, and about two percent is actually the "educated" college student. I have an IQ of 126 Mensa tested, I read books and study philosophy for fun. Almost everyone here is a fucking retard, even in the Math and Science classes it's just normalfags coasting on by because they heard that a Science/Comp Sci degree will get them a lot of money.

It's all my fault, I should have done shit in high school but I didn't and now its too late. I'm forced into this purgatory now with no escape. Another day where I'm forced to: wake up, go to class with people I hate and feel nothing in common with, hope that somehow some way I'll meet someone in this grey landscape, fail to do that, go home and shit post on 4chan. What a life.

Forget girls too by the way, they're all brainless whores. May as well kill myself.
>>
Find a community college with a medical lab technicians program, get your AA, get your MLT license, takes about a year and a half, and you're basically walking into 25 an hour straight out of school, including night and weekend bonuses. You stick to day shifts only and you're looking at 18 to 20. There is a shortage of techs now the way there was a shortage of RNs ten years ago.
>>
>>61014565
don't go to college
>>
>>61014565

It's true that most of the "I didn't want to do anything with my life" people go to community college, but there are a lot of AA and AS degrees that will pay well enough for themselves for a hell of a lot less in the short run compared to working at the burger mill.
>>
>>61014722
>dept
Your community college education is showing.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger:_The_Motion_Picture
>>
>>61014565
I'm going to community college right now. I was considered bright in high school, but I was just a slacker who didn't make any academic effort at all. Then about a year after I graduated I realized I actually had a desire to do things that required an education. Now I'm a year away from transferring to a university. It's pretty depressing being stuck at a CC when you know you could be doing better things, and yeah everyone is pretty stupid. I feel like I don't belong there, like it would've been so easy for me to go to a university if I hadn't been so short-sighted.
>>
File: 109793.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
109793.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>61014565
No. Nothing wrong with community college. In fact, it's perfect for working adults who want to get that four-year degree.
>better parking
>accessible professors
>more affordable for GE courses
>transfer programs for many majors to a four-year university
I did it. I got my teacher's credential by working my way through my GE requirements and transferring to a state university.

AND...let's not forget that it's there if you just want to GET STARTED AND GET IT DONE, which gets in the way of a lot of aspiring young people.
>>
File: 1452638443821.jpg (1MB, 2415x3473px) Image search: [Google]
1452638443821.jpg
1MB, 2415x3473px
drop out of college
cut your hair short
learn some actual skills
>>
KILLLLLLLLLLLLL
MEEEEEEEEEE

KILLLLLLLLLLL
MEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61014565
>went to community college for two years
>half the price of university
>paid for it out of pocket while working 40-hour work weeks
>graduated
>went on to real university for two years
>continues working and took out loans to cover what out of pocket and scholarships didn't cover
>graduated with the same four-year degree I would have gotten otherwise with less than $8,000 in debt

Community College can be full of retard and trash, yes, but it can also contain people who want to save money on that same four-year degree.
>>
>>61014565
Went to community college completed all my pre-requisites now only have a final semester to complete my Bachelor's in the Honors program.

Everything is what you make of it. College is filled with dumb niggers and edgy LEftist morons though. I actually hate college that's why I try so hard to get good grades so I can just be done with this fucking waste of time.
>>
>>61021414
I don't believe it.
>>
>>61014565

Problem with community colleges is that you won't learn shit. Professors will blow off the entire class by giving you a few easy open-book quizzes. You really do get what you pay for.
>>
I did two years at a community college, then transferred to UC Berkeley to finish my bachelors. There's no way I would have been able to go to an "elite" school like Berkeley with my high school record but CC made it possible. Plus I saved tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.

On the downside, community college courses were so easy they failed to adequately prepare me for a real school like Berkeley. I got my ass sorely kicked that first semester there, but was able to get my ass in gear eventually,
>>
>>61038636

But you go to CC for Gen eds. You don't NEED to learn shit because none of that shit is relevant to your major except for maybe Math but even CC's go hard for math classes.
>>
>>61017373
I'm 29 and got a 2 year. Hurry up before it's too late.
>>
>>61039172
>got a 2 year.
A 2 year WHAT?
>>
>>61038222
Well done.
>>
>>61014565
>mfw STEM major
>mfw went to state school
>mfw they wanted me to pay out of pocket because I wasn't poor enough
>mfw they made me take "diversity" courses for a whole year as part of my "general ed"
>mfw I took these "diversity courses" at a local community college instead at a fraction of the cost
>mfw entitled SJW professors at state didn't indoctrinate me with their social voodoo and take my shekels all at once
>>
>>61040064
It sucks, but the political pendulum might be starting to swing the other way. Good on you for toughing it out and getting it done anyway. (You didn't whine and quit). That's maturity.
>>
>>61014565
First of all faggot, unless you go to an ivy league school, you are in no way educated?
The ruling elite would laugh at you with your shitty private college or university degree.
It isnt worth shit unless your are a STEM major.
And you aint no stem major, son.
>>
>>61021855
Ever fuck a student?
>>
>>61014565
CC is for fiscally responsible people.

2 years CC, transfer, 2 years major university.

Saved me roughly 30 grand in debt.
>>
>>61014565
Nice bait.

Contribute something worthwhile to the board or don't post at all.
>>
>>61014722
/thread
>>
>>61041499
damage is done, a generation is already fucked beyond repair
>>
>>61041946
Did the same except ended with no debt.

It can be done.

A college education can very easily be free in America if you just apply yourself a little.
>>
One of my mates had to go to the equivalent of what Americans would consider a community college because he has cancer twice before the age of 17 and missed a bunch of school meaning better universities just assumed he was an idiot.
Not saying majority of those attending aren't trash but just not all those attending have the same circumstances.
>>
I am at a CC because I fucked up badly my highschool years
I am busting ass at my and I even made the deans list
I completed my general ed and I am getting two associates in business and economics
Highschool was a nightmare for me because I was an underachiever and I was overloaded with HW
College is easier because the classes are made up of 3-4 exams and minor HW
God damn I love Moorpark College
>>
>>61036274
>not knowing /pol/ memes
>>
CC student here.

I'm going to be honest, there are tons of niggers, mouthbreathers, and fucking retards at my CC. In fact, I would bet that the aforementioned are the majority,

That said, I'm saving a metric fuck ton of money while not sacrificing quality (there are only so many ways to teach pre-reqs like calculus). My state has legislation that requires the good state schools to accept prospective CC students if they meet certain GPA requirements.

That said I feel like Nikola Tesla at my CC -- it's like the Walmart of colleges -- tons of tatted up retards, blacks, kids on probation, neckbeards, etc.

Of course when I step foot on a normal university I will go back to being normal/below average, but this experience has been a big ego boost.
>>
>>61016803

You saying conservatives are dumb and uneducated?
>>
>>61043676
what state?
>>
>>61044411

Florida, so I'll never get a shot at a good state school like Berkeley. Though I hope I do good on the LSATs, because it won't matter where I went then.
>>
>>61016416
I make good money and all I have is an associates in applied science for IT, then again IT is treated like a trade and not college. I took a position that someone with a bachelors was applying for because he was a mouth breather uni cuck with literally no actual experience with troubleshooting networks, setting up routing protocol adjacencies or..even setting up LANs and shit lol, I work for the gov as well and am getting set up to transfer to Hiroshima, Japan by the end of this year. I'm such a white trash loser for going to community college :^)
>>
>>61044150
Uneducated maybe :^)
>>
>>61021855
did you ever get to teach at a university?
>>
>>61025732
what are you even talking about lol, are you literally meme'ing us as you go? I can guarantee you no "good" connections, and no your faggot ass father isn't a connect.
>>
>>61015922
but college is also being around world class minds and being able to try out different majors while being able to talk to people who know what the last year is like. It's not just about the class.
>>61043676
>I'm going to be honest, there are tons of niggers, mouthbreathers, and fucking retards at my CC. In fact, I would bet that the aforementioned are the majority,
this.
They drag down the class too. You just don't learn as much breadth in any single subject when the teacher knows they have to go slow as shit just to get the core.
>>
>>61043140
Good for you. Advice: Keep an even keel (don't get overambitious) and develop really good study habits. When you get to your major studies, you'll have a really good time (because you're studying something that interests you) but you'll be challenged as well; it might be harder for you. Stay loose.
>>
>>61043676
Hang in there. In later course levels you'll be with people who are less "sketchy" and more like you. The work load and discipline TENDS to weed out the marginally-interested.
>>
>>61035571
>Another day where I'm forced to: wake up, go to class with people I hate and feel nothing in common with, hope that somehow some way I'll meet someone in this grey landscape, fail to do that, go home and shit post on 4chan.

God damn that feel

>wake up
>drive 45 minutes to school
>sky is always grey on campus for some reason
>half of the people here don't speak English
>sit in a glorified high school classroom of 30 people for an hour and fifty minutes listening to some shoddily dressed teacher lecture
>don't talk to a single classmate, social life is nonexistent
>haven't spoken to a girl since I was in high school, almost two years ago
>either go to work or go home and shitpost on 4chan afterwards

Thank God I'm finished and will be going away to a real, big boy college in a week
>>
>>61014565
They were great for poor rural Upstate NY-ers like my parents but that's closing in on 50yrs now...
>>
>>61016005
I'm 1/2 done with my AS EET. going to transfer to 4 year EE, but stupid amounts of employer interest if you're half intelligent. 60k+ starting.

>>61017373

I turn 28 in march, shit happens, move on. there is a guy in my program who's like 40.
>>
>33
>only have an AS degree
>make 110k as a Sysadmin
>Finishing CompSci BS in a year
>Already done with prereq business courses for MBa (will take another year)
>Should have BS and MBA by 2018
>Using GI bill to pay for it

If i have some extra money left over, I might go for an MS in Stats or something.
>>
>>61027560
i'm the last one... trying to fix my life now.
>>
>>61046951
I know where you're coming from. I learned to meditate and make lists in classes like that.

As for meeting people, get study groups going. A lot of people are relieved to actually socialize with someone else (college can be socially intimidating). And having a group of 4-6 people to meet up and review stuff over can be handy and a good social ladder. "Let's meet in the library in an hour and break some of this stuff down" etc.
>>
> 32 now
> go to CC to do core classes at19
> transfer to slightly better state college and graduate with decent grades
> no idea what to do, get a job at law firm, found it interesting
> take LSAT, get accepted to law school, pass classes, graduate, pass bar
> cant find jobs because no experience
> Oh wait I can go into practice for myself
> just start looking for clients
> find a few clients
> dont know what to charge, charge $200/hr
> im far cheaper than other attorneys and end up getting a few clients
> other cases I do for free for a 30-40% cut of awards which range from $10k-80k
> for past year or so end up doing this
> no one to share profits with so I keep all the money and only take clients I want
> only do a few days of real work every month
> no undergrad loans because cheap CC and state school
> only federal loans for lawschool, no private loans, so its just 10% off my income
>>
>>61048854
Sounds like you have a solid plan. Awesome.

Make sure you're talking with your department advisor about this stuff. They may have insight for you, or know which way the wind is blowing in your field.

Also (very important) college is a good place to start networking -- professional groups, internships, shaking hands with people in the business -- lots of things like this will open doors or get you on people's radar. Don't isolate .
>>
doing your first 2 year at cc is financially prudent
>>
>>61014565
Not anymore. More and more people are realizing that a 4yr university is no guarantee of a stable career and future, especially with the amount of garbage degrees being offered, and sometimes force-fed as humanity reqs. Community college is a smarter alternative to actually determine if you are college material or are more suited for trade-related profession. Avoid the student loan debt trap by getting certs and apprenticeships or find an area of study that interests you enough to make a career out of it, and only have to pay the last 2 years of premium tuition.
>>
>>61049665
sounds good
>>
>>61017373
I'm 24 and only just picked my major, I've done maybe 8 classes of gen ed.

It's pretty shitty, but theres old people in most classes at my CC.

It'll be fine bro
>>
File: 1393917665-gif-118x120-16aa75.gif (34KB, 118x120px) Image search: [Google]
1393917665-gif-118x120-16aa75.gif
34KB, 118x120px
>>61014565

Meh, yes and no. They're a cheap way to get certs post undergrad.

I do agree though that you're retarded if you can't get into your state university. In 90% of states you just have to graduate high school with a 2.0 and apply... I do feel sorry for people in hillbilly states where there is only one public university.

>still trying to get an associate of art degree at the age of 25 while living with their mom and looking for a job at a Walmart or Arby's and spend their free time posting on 4chan about stuff they don't really know much about

I do agree that this is probably and accurate assessment of most of 4chan. The ages may vary though.
>>
>>61014565
I'm a Chemical Engineer major and I am currently in my second year of CC. I've taken care of most of my gen Ed classes and got cal 1 and 2 out of the way, as well as gen chemistry.

I'll be starting a UC in fall and I've paid nothing so far
>>
My community college gave me some money to play basketball which I drank away. Parents paid for tuition and my scholarship went towards beer. Didn't get a scholarship next year. 10/10 would do again.
>>
>>61014722
/thread

Seriously this.

>Paying 8,000 or more for a semester of ENG 101, where all the shitbag teachers end up

It's a fucking lunatic racket. Going to a college because hurr durr roll tide or hurr durr blue devils is for straight up morons or upple middle class kids.

Go to class, get good marks, then fuck off.
>>
Going to a liberal arts college with a bunch of libtards but the education is second to none which is why its considered a hidden ivy. Its 64,000 a year but I got it all paid for and on my way to med school. Unfortunately bros, for shit like medical school and law school and graduate degree programs the name of your school matters a lot.
>>
>>61017359
I am in the same boat, every public uni in Cali had impacted majors up the ass. Getting classes is hard and I have already come to terms with having to take an extra year or two to complete my degree.
>>
File: 1451372465533.png (603KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451372465533.png
603KB, 637x480px
>go to a good 4 year college after HS
>never questioned the 4 year college life plan
>tons of bullshit courses that don't teach me valuable career skills
>complete a year
>fall 2015 and every one of my classes feels useless
>drop out because the place is soul crushing
>starting community college for some gen eds I need in a week
>never knew that college would be so cheap with CC
>ask my parents why they never told me about it
>said they wanted me to get the "college experience"
>I didn't even like the college I went to anyway
>all that wasted money

life planning is pretty hard famalam
>>
no education is trash OP
>>
>>61051725
Womens studies
>>
>>61044738

UofM is 50k a year, that's always an option.
>>
>>61051725
Gender studies
>>
>>61051090

I don't understand how anyone can even afford college. I really don't.

I'm struggling to pay my way through it. Currently a junior. That shit is so fucking expensive and I'm only paying like 3500 a semester, full time.
>>
>>61051768
UofM is filled with jews

>>61051914
Mosts kids in college get it paid for by their parents or take out loans
>>
File: 1427061107131.jpg (42KB, 440x599px) Image search: [Google]
1427061107131.jpg
42KB, 440x599px
>>61014565
>HAHA U FELL FOR THE UNI MEME
>ENJOY UR $400,000 TUITION DEBT
>Y DIDNT U WORK TRADE FAGGOT
Why are you generalizing. There are some state university students such as myself who've chosen majors that are in demand and will deem profitable in the long term, have years of experience with internships, and have connections in the work force. I'll be making more bank then you with your faggot blue collar job. Enjoy driving your shitty leased Japanese car. I'll be that rich neighbor next door driving a Maserati that secretly bangs your wife lmao
>>
I went to community college and still don't know what to do. Thinking of transferring to a school that offers a sports therapy program. Anyone have experience in this field?
>>
>take year long CAD course at CC
>now do the same thing an Architect does with 7 years of school
>also more diversified, since taking electives outside structural engineering was easy without needing a specific class load

I think university is overrated. Yeah, I can't get the job I have now in a big city but why the fuck would I want to live in one of those.
>>
>>61052096

Good luck getting a job.
>>
>>61052050
>Why are you generalizing
>faggot blue collar job
>shitty leased Japanese car
>etc

Im not that guy but damn anon you are generalizing as well. Also, I go to an expensive school and agree with you.
>>
>>61051768
U of M is 50% hispanic. NEXT.

>>61051090
What if I am upper middle class?
>>
>>61014565
Well i disagree i got a biomedical engineering degree from community college. I make 84k a year and I have zero debt
>>
>>61014565

I spent a few years in community college before earning my 4 year STEM degree from a state uni.

I don't think I'm trash, but I will admit I was a shitty student after highschool.
>>
>>61014565
Summed me up perfectly!

At least I have ambitions nigger, ambitions that I don't need college for. Web developer at $80,000 coming right up!

Suck it
>>
>>61052184
Is it really that bad? I always just assumed that people will always have sports related injuries and need someone to rehabilitate them. I've coached highschool track and field/ cross country for 5 years and have always been interested in working with injuries. What else can I do?
>>
>>61051914
Fucking this

After two years of CC, I'm now going to a relatively cheap state school. Grants only cover about half of the cost and I have to take out federal loans to make up the rest, fuck this shit
>>
What to do if you're in late 20s and you have no other education than high school? Is CC an option or am I too old?
>>
>>61053422
You really only have 3 options:
Go to CC
Learn a trade
Start a business

If you don't do one of those three you're probably going to be hating life.
>>
>>61014565
No, but that's who typically goes there and sucks cock to be around such mongrels. "White trash" is a lot better than the latter
>>
>165 iq but horrible study skills/time management
>went to private Lib arts school for English/Classics double major on scholarship
>didn't fit in, left after a year
>worked in restaurants, travelled. Etc
>going back to school now for chemE so I can get a job in Asia or Europe

It's not an ideal situation, but doing CC then transferring is good for adults who have been out of school for a while so you can prove to good schools you can succeed there. Hoping to transfer to uw Madison or UT Austin. I've met some pretty cool people here, too.
>>
>>61014565
I dunno. Is Indiana the worst state in the United States of America?
>>
>>61051914

>move out of mom and dad's house
>write hardship appeal to override age restriction for independent student status
>get $11,500 per year to pay for tuition and books

That is what I did, graduated from a state school with no debt and I never took out a single loan.

Learn to American, derps.
>>
There are actually programs right now in California that will allow me to get a bachelors degree for just over 10,000.
>>
>>61015363
>you underwater navajo basket weaving degree from Shekelstein University though, OP.
Class of 2007 reporting in. I must say that Shekelstein overstated the job market in this area.
>>
>>61014771
underrated
>>
>>61055454
And they are community colleges.*

Forgot that important part of information.
>>
It's a good base for some core classes if you want to focus on major studies at a university, or go straight into career afterwards.
>>
>>61015559
Here when you transfer, you can't change majors. There is also the life of an undergrad at a regular school vs being at Community in your formative years
>>
>>61014565
In Tennessee community college is free. A guy I knew in high school is doing it and currently couldn't give less of a fuck and has a terrible GPA. This is what happens when
>free shit lmao
>>
>>61014565
I went to Community College. Got myself a 145 IQ, Physics major. Now have my university degree, pursuing a career.

True, there are a lot of dummies in there, I was easily the top student in every class (I sort of fell through the cracks, ended up in CC). Anyway, if you go to a good one you can get a better education at a small fraction of the cost. I always had lots of 1 on 1 time with my teachers, who all knew me personally. There was none (or at least, very little) of the SJW marxist indoctrination shit that was being pushed on undergrads at the university.

Overall it was a very rewarding experience. Although I didn't know it back then, it really was a blessing in disguise.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.