[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uber driver refuses to pick up woman in labor

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 34

http://fortune.com/2016/01/12/uber-pregnancy/

We, as a nation, seriously need to talk about Uber. Letting drivers discriminate against who they want to pick up goes against BASIC.

HUMAN.

RIGHTS.

I threw up in an uber car and he tossed me out...I'm honestly considering filing a class action lawsuit.

What do you think, /pol/?
>>
I think you should be more respectful and not throw up in people's cars, especially people who you don't know, even more especially people who are probably not reimbursed for that kind of thing.
>>
>>60994751
I HAVE A RIGHT TO PUKE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S VEHICLES, YOU HEAR ME?! A RIGHT!
>>
>>60994751
Why wouldn`t you call an ambulance instead of an Uber? Are those people retarded?
>>
>>60994893

There needs to be laws against drivers being able to discriminate against sick people. Just because I mess up your car doesn't mean you have the right to not drive me.
>>
>>60994893
This. Except you do get reimbursed to my knowledge. One of my friends does Uber, and people puke in his car all the time. He offers people trash bags before they get in, and almost everyone refuses it. It's fucking disgusting, and the person that made that comment would feel the same way if it were their car.
>>
>>60994751

Uber is garbage for drivers

You're paid bus fare wages and are expected to provide premium service.

Fuck the passengers and fuck the service.
>>
>>60994751
>civil and human rights
>>
>Instead of taking David Lee and his wife to the hospital, the Uber driver balked because the expectant mother retched on the sidewalk. He informed them he would lose $1,000 a day if Lee’s wife became sick in the car and, what’s more, told them no other driver would accept a woman in labor as a passenger.

>The couple’s predicament may be a cautionary tale for other expectant parents who plan to use Uber or another car service to get to the hospital. But it also raises important questions of how anti-discrimination laws should apply to a generation of companies that prefer to style themselves as tech platforms rather than transportation services.

>Fortunately, in the case of Lee and his wife, the day ended happily: they summoned another Uber car, which whisked them without incident to the hospital where a healthy baby boy was born a few hours later.

>The issue of how public accommodation laws apply to Uber also surfaced last year after disabled passengers sued the company and its competitor, Lyft, for denying services to passengers with wheelchairs and service dogs. Meanwhile, feminist icon Gloria Steinhem recently included better treatment of the disabled by Uber as one of her ten Christmas wishes.
>>
>>60994751
>OP pic
That stupid fucker doesn't even know that UBER isn't a taxi service.
>>
>>60994751
I am an Uber/Lyft driver, and a full time student. We drive our personal vehicles and what that Uber driver did is absolutely okay. Ive determined that he people who use these services to get around are human scum by and large from my experiences as a driver.

If someone pukes in my car I'm out of commission until I get it cleaned, taking tons of money out of my pocket. Yes we get $150 for a puke from the rideshare company (billed to the puker) but that's definitely not enough to cover the lost earings, and that's when I clean it myself. If you take it to detail there goes your compensation and your earnings for the night.

What this person failed to mention is that her friend most definitely wasn't ill from a medical condition, she was completely trashed, disrespectful, and an entitled piece of shit who most definitely deserved to be kicked out. I will flat out refuse to pick up people who are obviously wasted.

Drunks are always the worst passengers. Had a group of students think they could cram 6 people into a car with open containers of booze. Told them to get the fuck out when they refused to leavea and got argumentative.

Honestly wish I didn't have to ferry degenerates in my car all day long, but between school and another more traditional job, I need the extra income to try and get ahead.
>>
>>60995692

You're human scum for violating their basic human rights to be able to safely get from point A to point B while intoxicated. People like you are why the government needs to shut down Uber.
>>
>>60994751
Why the fuck are they using Uber to take them to a fucking hospital? It's not a regular taxi service, you hoons.

This is like that couple who rented out their posh flat on New Year's Eve to some stranger on airbnb... and were amazed when the stranger had a party and trashed the place.

What the fuck is wrong with everyone these days?
>>
>>60996198
I want to assume you're trolling and not just terminally stupid, but given that there are people with this same line of thought that they earnestly believe, i''m afraid I have to assume you're clinically stupid.
>>
>>60994751
fuck off. they dont 'have' to pick anyone up
>>
>>60994751

>Waaagh this cheap competition to the taxi industry doesn't treat me as well as the taxi industry

This is as foolish as complaining that you don't get the service of first class when you buy economy tickets on a plane.
>>
>>60995155
>. Just because I mess up your car doesn't mean you have the right to not drive me.

>see sick person hailing you down
>throws up right in front of your car
>oops sorry guys I got an emergency call can't do it now sorry again
>>
>>60994751
I think you're full of shit.
>>
>>60994751
>Bwahhh! evil Uber drivers are nazis

Throw up in a taxi and see what happens
>>
Next time order a taxi lol

fucking degenerate faggot
>>
>>60994751
>We, as a nation, seriously need to talk about
When did this become a popular phrase?
>>
>>60994751
>Uber
What a shitty concept, really just an invitation to get mugged and / or raped.
>>
Anyone who thinks UBER should be forced to pick up ill people is firing on three cylinders. Of an 8 cylinder engine.

Uber is a taxi service. It is NOT an ambulance service. You can't make it be forced to be an ambulance service just because you want to save the ambulance fees, either.

They have every right to refuse out of their personal liability.

>Mother dies from eclampsia in the UBER car. Family sues uber driver.
>Drunk person chokes on their own vomit in UBER car. Family sues uber driver.

You are fucking dumb
>>
File: 1408455318668.jpg (218KB, 637x960px) Image search: [Google]
1408455318668.jpg
218KB, 637x960px
ATX Lyft Mentor here, and I've also driven for Uber. I'll lurk this thread for a bit to answer questions.

>>60994751
Uber and Lyft drivers are private contractors using their own personal vehicles, and have the right to refuse service for anyone, at any time.

Also it states very clearly in the user agreement, that any damage to the exterior or interior of the car (this includes throwing up) is grounds for immediate termination of the trip and removal of the vehicle.

Did this Uber driver handle this particular scenario in the best way? Probably not; but he was 100% within his rights.

Also, we're only hearing one side of the story; chances are there is other shit that happened that made the driver leave.

>>60995290
>Uber is garbage for drivers

Not true. This is high misconception from people that has been perpetuated by the internet and spurned on by people who are flat out bad to drive. I myself pull in 1,200 a week doing this, and yes I am factoring in insurance, taxes, fuel and IRA expenses.

The reality of the situation is that the money is there, but the majority of drivers, around 80%, will only put in maybe 5 hours into it a week because people are absolutely awful at self management.

>are expected to provide premium service

The only expectation is to provide a friendly atmosphere and a clean vehicle. The rest comes down to ratings. There are drivers out there that provide candy/water/etc; I myself don't and have never fallen below a 5.0 rating ever.

>>60995692
>Had a group of students think they could cram 6 people into a car with open containers of booze.

Just tell them no, and give them a coupon code using your referral so they can summon a second vehicle. Everyone wins that way. They know they are not allowed to fit that many people in.
>>
>>60996633

The government should force the driver to pay a HUGE fine if they pull that type of lying shit.
>>
>>60994751
Off yourself
>>
>>60994751

When did everything become a right. There are only a handful of rights.
>>
>>60995090
Ambulances cost more.
>>
>>60994751
You call me if you need a ride to see your girlfriend. You can call an ambulance (ironically me again) when she shoves a bottle of shampoo up your pooper.
>>
>>60997510
And they also come equipped with everything you need should anything go south medically.

Uber driver was correct for this reason alone.
>>
>>60994751
So, I don't get it, why he refused to drive pregnant woman? Never heard about such problem before.
>>
>>60994751
Don't throw up in other peoples car you fucking retarded losers, i'd kick you out of my car too.
>>
>>60997476
Because everyone is entitled.

Example:
>pick up dude using Lyft Line when Lyft Line first became a thing
>Lyft Line is a ride sharing feature from Lyft that let's a passenger share their ride with another passenger to cut the costs
>pick up this dude
>ask him if he's aware he selected Lyft Line
>says yes
>start heading to pick up second passenger
>"Uhhh, where are we going? I need to go that way?"
>tell him he selected Lyft Line, and that's why I asked him if he was aware of that
>says he didn't read it when he selected it
>tell him that's not really my issue, and I can pull over and end the trip for him now or he would have to continue with the Line trip
>dude legit throws a huge ass bitch fit
>threatens to report me (for doing my job)
>literally kicks the back seat
>immediately pull over
>tell him to get the fuck out
>ditch him at the side of the road
>finish trip with second passenger
>immediately call Lyft's Critical Response line
>get dude removed from the service and have them bill him a damage fee that goes right to me

In then end, this dude not only got his ass booted out of Lyft, what would have been probably a $10 dollar trip for him became around $80. Rideshare doesn't put up with dicks, and so douchebags like that guy have trouble coping.
>>
>>60997801
Absolutely. I have no idea how people get the idea that their taxi/ride service is meant to replace ambulance, they're not more expensive just "because".

I can only imagine next is someone calling an Uber during a bank robbery as a getaway car.

>It is a HUMAN RIGHT for the driver to help me evade the police!
>>
>>60997476
Exactly it's fucking sad.
>>
>>60998158
People are fucking stupid dude.

No sense of decorum nowadays.
>>
>>60995215
for taxi drivers there's an automatic charge of £40 or whatever their rate is

but Uber drivers have to photograph the sick and email it to Uber HQ for assessment and if its clear sick or there is only a small amount visible they probably won't get paid
>>
>>60994751
>not walking to the hospital when you go into labor

Kids these days.
>>
>>60997279
Whats Uber/Lyft's policies on drivers who smoke? If my car smells like cigarettes am I not allowed to drive?
>>
>>60998101
I'm glad that the higher ups don't try and screw the little guy in situations like this. It always pissed me off when someone asked for a manager, and the manager gave the customer what they wanted even though they weren't in the right.
>>
File: frustrated2.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated2.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>60994751
>mfw leftists can't handle the free market at work
maximum kek
>>
>>60994751
Call an ambulence if you want to get your bodily fluids all over the damn place. These people aren't civil servants, and they don't want to clean up after your shit. They have no obligation to help, especially when it ruins their own belongings.

Actually this is a pretty good metaphor for the refugee situation.
>>
>>60998399
No but I think you'll get shitty ratings if people don't like the smell and eventually get kicked off
>>
File: male-privilege.jpg (14KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
male-privilege.jpg
14KB, 236x236px
>>60994751
>Be Uber Driver
>Notified of a new fare
>Arrive, passenger is pregnant and in labor
>Not allowed to turn down passenger due to new constitutional amendment barring any demand made by women
>Passenger screams at me to take her to a hospital
>Offer to call an ambulance, get berated, passenger threatens to call police
>Drive woman to hospital
>Water breaks
>Fluids and viscera fill the back seat, floor
>Woman screams about the pain
>Arrive at hospital
>Passenger is ushered off to deliver her horrible spawnling
>Back seat completely soaked in blood, body fluids and viscera
>Needs to be professionally cleaned, possibly need reupholstering
>Can take no more passengers until the work is done
>Receive $32.80 for the ride
>Uber still takes 20 percent
>>
>>60998158
Baltomoron here, shit happened, given the dindu nuffins around here wouldn't be surprised if one of the QUUEENZ made it law
>>
>>60994751

>puke in car

Bitch, I'd be kicking you out too.
>>
BASIC
>>
>>60994751
>worth more than a human life

yes
>>
How much do uber drivers typically make off a fare? Say, Bill is £10. What should they expect?
>>
>>60994751
Have these dumb faggots never seen what happens if you puke in a taxi?
>>
>>60994751
If you're sick and need to go somewhere....call the fucking ambulance. They have trained professionals who deal with that shit. Do you want Uber McG.E.D. delivering your baby ?? Then stfu you whiney degenerates.

Inb4 ambulance is expensive..... then maybe you should reevaluate your life choices and get health insurance or a better job. If you're too poor to afford an ambulance ride....you're probably too poor to support that baby.
>>
>>60995090
They cant afford insurance so the logic is to shit out more kids
>>
>>60994751
>Be completely drunk, but call it 'sick'
>Need to vomit in a car
>Call it a human right
>>
>>60998752
About 3.50
>>
File: 1445951271779.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1445951271779.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>60994751
>worth more than the value of human life
>my friend was so ill SHE COULD HAVE DIED
>that's why i phoned uber
>>
>>60998874
Don't be classist, anon. Some people are just barely able to get by as it is, you don't think they're scraping together what they can just to shit out--ah, er, I mean give birth to a child?
>>
File: 1400262517689.jpg (25KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
1400262517689.jpg
25KB, 281x211px
>>60998158
>I can only imagine next is someone calling an Uber during a bank robbery as a getaway car.

So here's another good story:

>be late night Wednesday around 3:00am
>about to log off for the night but suddenly get a request
>fuck it, last one
>start driving down to wear this girl needs to be picked up
>on the side of town that is like half gentrified and nice and half crack houses
>pull down her street and stop car in front of her address
>no lights on anywhere
>sketchy as fuck looking
>whatevs, hit the arrive button and gonna wait there my 5 minutes before getting the fuck out
>about 3 minutes go by
>down the street suddenly see a figure round the corner and start running towards me
>think, "Oh must be her, she probably put the wrong address in like a retard."
>unlock doors WHEN SUDDENLY
>red a blue lights appear behind me
>what the fuck
>then from the corner from where she darted from a SECOND cop car pulls up
>two cops jump out and start running straight for her
>mfw
>girl is still running straight towards me what the fuck
>have just enough time, literally like one second, to lock me doors before she gets to them
>this bitch then starts pounding and SCREAMING at me to let her in
>female cop comes around and straight up tackles her; thought she was going to take my door off
>luckily one cop was a bro and saw my Lyft emblem and put 2 and 2 together
>taps on my window
>I roll it down
>"Hey, did she request a Lyft?"
>me: "I think so man. I honestly have no idea what is going on right now."
>he laughs and tells me to hang tight
>sit there for about 30 minutes while the questioning her and shit
>turned out she was selling/smuggling drugs and got involved in some kind of deal that went bad and they had been looking for her all evening
>she got the idea to call in a Lyft, requested it a few blocks away so the cops wouldn't see it
>cops spotted her while she was getting to me, and then chase started
>cop waves me away
>end trip & give a 3 star passenger rating
>>
>>60994751
Private property cunt. Learn to respect. Pay for cleaning or fuck off.
>>
>>60994751
>use a cheaper option
>surprised when you get cheaper treatment
entitled shits
>>
Do you guys think I would make more money driving uber than I do delivering pizza?

My car has a lot of chipped paint(something to do the primer they used that year), would that disqualify me if everything else is fine?
>>
>>60999022

What the fuck? That's nuts. Is it just Indians and slavs doing this? That's fuck all after fuel.
>>
>>60994751
Cabs are not a
BASIC
HUMAN
RIGHT.
>>
>>60994751
I think the driver should stop being a fucking retard and place some puke bags in the car.

I think the passenger should stop being a fucking retard and ask the driver to stop so he can puke outside.
>>
>>60999022
Well it was about that time I notice that Uber driver was about eight stories tall and was a crustacean from the Protozoic era
>>
>>60994751
Yeah uber is not your baby sitter bubby
I'm in favor of throwing sick/drunk people out of any car, if it's not theirs
>>
>>60999257
Holy shit. Do you drive an '07 Honda Civic?
>>
>>60997318
Prove they are lying
>>
If you're sick / pregnant you should be calling an ambulance, not an uber.
>>
>>60999022

>treefiddy.jpeg

jej good one u cunt.
>>
>>60998399
>Whats Uber/Lyft's policies on drivers who smoke? If my car smells like cigarettes am I not allowed to drive?

I'll have to recheck Uber, but Lyft has an absolutely NO tolerance policy on smoking in the vehicle while driving; that includes passengers.

Also if your car smells like smoke, you are going to get rated down so hard you'll be booted off within your first month; no lie. Seen it happen first hand.

>>60998445
Yeah, they pretty much always take the Driver's side in every situation.

>>60999257
Depends on your area, but more than likely, yes from my experience. The thing you really need to ask yourself is if you are prepared to be your own manager. Can you handle 1099 taxes, can you handle governing expenditures, can you handle creating and depositing into an IRA, would you be able to handle yourself in an emergency situation with passengers?

If you want to do it as a job, you need to be prepared to understand that shit is real work.
>>
>>60999105
was she white?
>>
>>60994751
Do ambulances pick up women who are going into labour?
>>
Tbh over should just instate crushing fees for damaging drivers vehicles.
Like 500 dollars per incident
>>
>>60998904
That's not a thing anymore you retard

Do you guys know nothing of the Healthcare bill you despise so much?
>>
>>60995155
Should uber not be allowed to discriminate against picking up "youths" and drop them off in a well known gang run neighborhood? After all their lives are at risk!
>>
>>60998158
lol I work for a taxi company and about two years ago some people actually robbed a jewellery store with guns (note flag) and used one of our unsuspecting drivers as a getaway
>>
>>60995155
#feelthebern #2016
>>
>>60999720
Nah, she was just a pale Hispanic chick with dykish hair.
>>
>>60999350
That's like 2 gallons of gas (50-90 miles worth)
A 10 dollar fare would be like 2 blocks
>>
>>60995090
>Americans
>stuck with Obama Care
Lol I'm pretty sure Americans have to pay for an ambulance
>>
>>60999842
lol I was joking

of course she isn't white
>>
>>60999977
Not anymore
>>
>>60994751
Do you know how much shit we have to go through if the car isn't ours and there's damage to it? So no, fuck off, I'm not giving your pregnant ass a ride, nor am I giving you a ride if you plan on throwing up in the car. Fuck right off.
>>
I love saying things that are the exact opposite of what I believe here because people will respond telling me how ridiculous the things I said were, reinforcing my actual beliefs. I forgot the word for it...

You are doing Allah's work OP
>>
>>60999739
>Tbh over should just instate crushing fees for damaging drivers vehicles.

We do. For instance with Lyft, if someone pukes in my car, I take three pictures of it, send it in to Lyft and immediately call in critical response, tell them I require the maximum cleaning fee.

Within 24 hours $300 is deposited into my account. I'll use the $100 for cleaning service at a place here in Austin, and I will pocket the rest.

That money is later collected from the passenger, through Lyft's collection agency.

Point is, if you throw up in a rideshare car, you are going to have a bad time.
>>
>>60999910
>That's like 2 gallons of gas (50-90 miles worth)
nocar confirmed. My jeep cherokee (with a i6) gets like 12mpg and when i drive my mom's camrey (with a i4) its fuel meter shows the average to be 22.
>>
>>60997318
>>60996198
>waaah the government needs to take care of my every need because I'm a shitty selfish human being
>even though the reason that ubers are available and cheap in the first place is because each uber driver is effectively a small business owner
Classic liberal
>>
>>60999257
the model year has to be recent enough

that's what puts me out of the running, even thought the extra dosh would be very useful

as with most self-employment, you have to have money to make money
>>
>>60997745
King of /pol/ pls go
>>
>>61000199
more stories if you have any

maybe you don't live in too exciting of an area
>>
>>60994751
> Like people should be able to puke and shit in someone elses personal car
>>
>>61000199

Good. Retards who don't know how to act in public when in another's vehicle deserve it.
>>
>>61000280
You wouldn't use the fucking jeep as an Uber

22 gallons is about in line with what i said
You need to stop hitting the brake in the fucking highway, if you start stopping earlier you might be surprised to find out you rarely have to stop at all
>>
>>60994751
Discrimination should be a human right, it's the basic prerequisite for freedom of association.

It's too bad that classical liberals let leftists appropriate the concept of rights, they used to be pretty cool.
>>
Fucking leftists and their autistic concept of rights and "human life".
>>
>>60994751
>I should be allowed to puke all over his car

I have one rule when I am the designated driver - they tell me early enough to pull over to the side or they walk the rest of the way.

I don't see why they should drive some asshole who just barfed all over their seats through the city.

>m-muh human life
God I hate these people. As if the world owes them shit.
>>
File: 1361369512332.png (74KB, 838x983px) Image search: [Google]
1361369512332.png
74KB, 838x983px
>>60999105
>>end trip & give a 3 star passenger rating
>>
>>60997275
Can you make the same argument about different forms of public transport though, like replace über with bus or train
>>
>>60999257
go to ubers forum and read all the posts in the driver complaint section to get a feel for which is really better before making a change
>>
>>60994751

You think you have a basic human right to be picked up in a cab.
>>
File: 1418267184620.png (236KB, 449x499px) Image search: [Google]
1418267184620.png
236KB, 449x499px
>>61000348
To be honest, most rides aren't that exciting. Most people are chill and nice, even the drunks. You get a couple of weird ones though.

>pick up this dude
>doesn't have a designation inputted in like a fucking mongoloid (more on this later)
>whatever, ask him where we going
>tells me to head to mopac
>start heading down to mopac aimlessly
>try chatting it up with this guy but he's not having it
>we get on mopac
>ask him what exit he wants me to get off
>tells me just stay on mopac for a while
>stay on mopac
>stay on mopac
>stay on mopac
>getting to edge of town
>tells me we can turn around now
>turn around
>take him back to his home
>he says thanks
>ends ride
>mfw

Was like $50 to ride around the entire loop.

Also, to anyone else who uses or will use Lyft/Uber, please do yourself and your driver a fucking HUGE favor and input your destination BEFORE you get in their fucking car. Shit takes like two seconds, and makes the whole process a hundred times easier, especially if your drunk ass is too wasted to properly navigate.
>>
>>60994751
Why do Americans hate helping people so much? If you see someone in trouble you should at least try to lend a hand
>>
>>61000479
>You need to stop hitting the brake in the fucking highway
Nigger, I live in Chicago. Going on the highway would be suicide during any time with surge pricing or rush hour(s), youll just sit there burning fuel going no where.

>22 gallons is about in line with what i said
You said up to 50mpg. No one is getting that unless they have a Prius.
>>
>>61000344
But I'm not even Canadian!
>>
>>60997279
>and have the right to refuse service for anyone, at any time.

Tell that to the guy who had to pay a $500 fine for not picking up Al Roker.
>>
That's exactly why uber is a bad idea. It lets a bunch of hipsters take over what was once the well regulated taxi industry, forcing people to use a proprietary phone app that transmists your location if you want to hail a cab at all. They aren't held to the same standards as proffesional taxi drivers, and ignore laws as if they didn't apply to them.

Sure there may be a choice available, but how long will that last when real taxi services capitulate, and the only option is to deal with inconsistent service where the drivers may or may not be criminals of some sort?
>>
>>61000968
>You said up to 50mpg.
45 mpg sorry
>>
>>60994893
First post best post

They can charge you a fee for getting sick in the car though.
>>
>>61000199
quick search for Uber puking charge
$50
looks like Lyft may be a worthwhile company to work for
>>
>>61000897
I've never been in a car before my destination was input. I thought you had to put your destination to even get the option to look for rides from Uber.
>>
>>61000897
>got paid 50$ to do basically nothing

im not sure i see the issue here
>>
>>61000968
That's bullshit
You have the heavier version of a corolla not the "Be all end all" of combustion fuel economy
30-40 if you really cared but you don't so you slam the gas then the brake
>>
>>60994751
Aren't you supposed to call an ambulance for that?

Or have the illegal spics abusing emergency services made that too expensive?
>>
>>61001096
That was a NYC Cab driver. Not a TNC driver like for Uber or Lyft.

It was also a paki, so....
>>
>>61001120
>It lets a bunch of hipsters take over what was once the well regulated taxi industry

Its not well regulated, I've had a cab drivers "nephew" try to sell me coke while I was in their cab. Here in Chicago cab drivers are exclusively arabs and niggers.
>>
>>61001177
Uber comps you a max of $250 for puking, which should be enough for a car detail, especially if you request just the affected area.
>>
Last time I used Uber I was drunk as fuck and ended up vomiting out the window as the car was driving. They charged me about 5x more than I was supposed to be charge, and I paid the fucker an extra $40 in cash for a car wash before i left.

It was the last time I used Uber and the last time I drank alcohol as well.

Bunch of fucking kikes. Typical new-age company. I'll use locally owned car services until the day I die.
>>
>>61001286
Just sayin' the idea of "we can refuse service to anyone" is a thing of the past.

Taxi companies should be pissed off at the government, not Uber/Lyft. Taxi drivers should quit and work for Uber/Lyft.

Private > Gov't all day, every day.
>>
>>60994751
This does not surprise me since many uber drivers are nogs
>>
>>60994751
Kicking whoever you want out the car is a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT
>>
>>61001201
Dudes like that are the ones putting a tracker into your car, then monitor your movements for three months and then rape you with a spoon before skinning and eating you.
>>
>>61000897
>try chatting it up with this guy but he's not having it
please don't do this. I get that normies have "needs" but it's not your right to foist your conversation on me
>>
>>61001177
I believe that's $50 additional for puking specific, not included with the $200 cleaning fee.
>>
>>61000947
Think about it. Would you ride in a dirty car that has vomit all over it? No, you wouldn't. The driver will have to waste his time and money to clean the car or get it cleaned. You have to understand that it is a business decision. He cannot afford to let his car run idle for so long, he will lose money.
>>
>>61001120
If the taxi industry was still well regulated and not terrible, services like Uber wouldn't have taken off.

Frankly, the tax industry got complacent and lazy, because they figured they had the market cornered

If they want their business back, they need to shape up, and maybe it'll return in the following decade.

Made your bed, lie in it.
>>
>>61001413
>Taxi drivers should quit and work for Uber/lyft
You know there's absolutely no money in these two right? These are just done on the side while doing other limousine jobs. Uber is fucking cancer
>>
>>60995436
>The couple’s predicament may be a cautionary tale for other expectant parents who plan to use Uber or another car service to get to the hospital.

Lol whut. There are more people this mentally challenged?
>>
>>60995155
No, there doesn't. Your delusional ha
>>
>>61001188
>I thought you had to put your destination to even get the option to look for rides from Uber.

Unless Uber changed it, no you technically do not have to, but it's highly encouraged. Lyft you do not have to, unless you are using Lyft Line.

>>61001201
It wasn't an issue, it was just a really odd drive. Like I said, I don't have a whole lot of exciting stories doing this.

>>61001413
>Taxi drivers should quit and work for Uber/Lyft.

Yeah funny thing about that...
http://kxan.com/2015/10/27/uber-drivers-who-failed-its-background-check-have-austin-issued-permit/

TLDR: Cab drivers failed Uber backgound check and can't work for Uber or Lyft.

Really makes you think doesn't it?

>>61001499
Most people like talking in Lyft rides.
>>
>>61001520
first google search reddit uber driver forum
>I had someone vomit in my car last night. I was under the impression the cleaning fee was $100. I got a email telling me $50 has been collected from the rider and added to my account. So I guess Uber picks cleaning fee prices randomly..
>>
>>61001739
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>61001739
Pajeet pls

There's nothing special about cabs that can't be done in a normal car
>>
>>60994751
well then let's weight pro and cons of transporting these people for society:
If they are transported by car:
+++higher safety for the child and the mother
-might damage the car (unavoidable at some point in this line of work)
-will be a stressful experience for the driver

I'm pretty sure saying a car is worth more than the well being of a child and a person is pretty degenerate we don't car if the car get messy, it'll cost more to clean up sure but you should be able to charge the client for it.
>>
>>60998101
This was just the kind of justice I needed to sleep well tonight.
Thanks and good for you:)
>>
>>60994751
>Uber driver refuses to pick up woman in labor
Uh, no shit? I would too.
>>
File: 1452747152358.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452747152358.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>60994751
>drink to the point of sickness
>get mad at a third party who doesn't want your bad decisions to negatively impact the value of his car (i.e., your faggot ass vomiting) instead of blaming yourself for being an irresponsible cock-smoker

fuck this self-righteous entitled faggot piece of shit

This is the type of person who needs to get blasted in the face on a daily basis for being such a daft cunt
>>
>>61000280
Also 12 out of the Cherokee is really bad

I got slightly better than 14-15 out of a Uhaul earlier this week
And we're talking Seattle area
>>
>>60994751
As an Uber driver myself, I am on board with this. After I reported someone had thrown up in my car, my license was put on hold until a rep could come out and check the car to ensure it was clean to their standards. 5 days I sat there unable to work, missing out on hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in income because some asshat threw up. People that do that are almost immediately blacklisted and can no longer use the service, but that means nothing when most are traveling in groups, they will just use someone else's phone for it.

If there was a women in labor and her water broke within my car, I would be furious.
>>
>>61000069
We do where I live, and they are expensive as fuck. The last time I was in an ambulance, I think it cost about $600, and all they did was pick me up and drive me to the hospital, which is about 9 or 10 blocks from my house. Not even 4 minute drive. They did not administer any drugs or medical treatment to me. I layed on a stretcher and got wheeled into the hospital, that is is. $600. Shit's ridiculous. The American medical industry are such vulturous scumbags.
>>
>>60994751
I love uber. Fuck taxis. The part about you throwing up has to be bullshit, or you are truly retarted
>>
>>61001499
We conversate with you so that you'd give a good rating.
>>
>>61001984
Again go back to my previous post citing that most drivers are retards, and don't do this shit properly because they've never done private contracting.

Most likely this guy did one of or a combination of the following that lowered his fee:

>cleaned it out himself, then reported it
>never sent in a picture, or just one, or a really bad one
>waited over 24 hours before reporting and is unable to remember the name or information of the passenger that damaged his/her vehicle

The last one is the most common. I knew a Lyft driver who waited legitamtely a fucking WEEK before reporting it, then she got mad when Lyft couldn't give her the full amount because they wouldn't be able to locate the passenger to charge.

Both Uber and Lyft have very clear and precise instructions on what to do in the scenario of puking, and most drivers just won't do it, nor have the read the instructions because again, it's all private contract, and there's no boss there to babysit you and tell you what to do step by step and make sure you read the informational and training material.

The only difference really is that in Lyft's case, they send out a Mentor (me) to come out and coach you and inspect your vehicle. But once I make sure you know how to use the app, and your car isn't a pos my work is done. I don't give a shit at all form that point whether a driver is too retarded to make it with this gig or not. That's not my job.
>>
>>61002132
Sorry froger, in America are genitals work a bit too good. Unless the baby comes out whiter than an albino's bleached anus the baby is best served by society by being ran over. Frees up money for education and requires less for prisions.
>>
>>61002132
>s worth more than the well being of a child and a person is pretty degenerate
I completely agree with you frog. The lives of people and children should always be above property. Now why dont you be a good frog, and let those poor refugees in to your home. You wouldn't want to be a degenerate would you?
>>
>>61002544
500 was the standard where i live

But last time i checked the rule was now if you call 911 the ambulance is free
>>
>>60995155
How about you call an ambulance if you are sick, or get a relative or friend to drive you
>>
>>60994751
along with kicking her out of the car i would've kicked her in the womb for throwing up in my car.
>>
>>61002518
>Also 12 out of the Cherokee is really bad
It was 14MPG city (according to .gov) when it was new and driven by a bitch who accelerated so slow that you'll got honked at. It now has 145k miles, and tires which are slightly oversized.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/15540.shtml
>>
File: topestkek.jpg (46KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
topestkek.jpg
46KB, 332x313px
>>61002631
>believing mudslimes are human
haram
>>
If you're so upset about being kicked out of a taxi for vomiting or giving birth then call a regular taxi with a driver that is immediately rude and an interior that already smells like vomit and shit.
>>
>>61002544
Flip side of that is for $600 we'll take you to the trauma center a city over as long as you aren't a stiff or missing a head
>>
>>60997279

>rideshareshill.txt
>This is high misconception from people that has been perpetuated by the internet

How do you know I haven't been doing uber fulltime and quit due to the shit pay and bus-quality passenger base?

>1,200 a week

This is literally an uber ad talking point. Way to blow your cover, dumbfuck.

Ride share is a scam from every angle.

The pay, the grey area with insurance and laws, the lack of safety screening etc.
>>
>>60995290
>le cab union poster
>>
>>60994893
Well you can't blame her for being sick, she probably didn't do it on purpose.
That' a dickmove to kick them out
>>
>>60997476
They want all this petty shit to be a right and want to take away the stuff that is actually supposed to be a right.
>>
>>60994751
>Wanting some distressed woman to get birth stink in your car.

Yeah no, not unless I can bill you for the detailing.
>>
>>61002899
There you go, that'll do it

Oversized tires makes everything work like 20% harder
>>
>>60996529
>>61000287
Do you guys not recognize a troll?
>>
>>60995436
>>The couple’s predicament may be a cautionary tale for other expectant parents who plan to use Uber or another car service to get to the hospital. But it also raises important questions of how anti-discrimination laws should apply to a generation of companies that prefer to style themselves as tech platforms rather than transportation services.

>Can't afford a car
>Can't afford an ambulance ride to give fucking birth to your child

Protip, don't fucking have kids then you morons.
>>
>>61000769
Except uber is not public transport.
>>
File: that post gave me leaves.png (3MB, 2160x1158px) Image search: [Google]
that post gave me leaves.png
3MB, 2160x1158px
>>61002987
Yep man, I'm getting paid to shill on /pol/ in a thread that wasn't even started by me.

Seriously man what are you even trying to do? I make money doing this; I don't give a shit if others don't. The money is there; most drivers are retarded. This is the third time now I'm having to explain this.

If you can't handle being a rideshare driver, that's fine; there are plenty 8-5 jobs out there for you. There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>60995436
>Meanwhile, feminist icon Gloria Steinhem recently included better treatment of the disabled by Uber as one of her ten Christmas wishes.

>Gloria Steinem
>Christmas

She is a fucking kike
>>
>>61003000

>the predictable le cab shill accusation

before you go on know that I fucking hate taxi cabs and the taxi industry dying is the only good thing rideshare is for

lol if you think driving for rideshare is worth it though
>>
>>61002132
The mess really isn't the biggest issue, although it probably is most of what the drivers are thinking about

What happens when the mother gives birth in your backseat? If it goes badly, are you liable for not getting to the hospital fast enough?
What happens when someone rear-ends you and she miscarries? Uber probably has some kind of insurance, but you can't expect an independent contractor to accept that kind of risk because you're too cheap to take appropriate transportation.
>>
>bitch that unions screw everyone over with their, rules, fees and service
>join together with other people to enforce rules, fees and service
>>
>choosing to not risk a vomit or a childbirth on their car
> AGAINST MUH SJW HUMAN RIGHTS

top fucking kek
deal with other people's preferences, you fucking asshole
>>
>>61000947
>call someone in a professional capacity to get from point A to point B
>you are 100% aware you are in a condition that makes it likely you will violate his ability to make money in profession
>surprised when he doesnt want to provide you any services
This isnt rocket science, this is what happens when private transportation services meets shit that makes it harder to profit. The customer loses.
>>
If you're going into labor and can't get a ride call a fucking ambulance. That's an emergency and should be treated as such
>>
>>61002746
Not here. I think our entire economy is funded solely from medical over charges and the court system charging people for probation, tickets, home incarceration ankle bracelets, and there is even a privately owned jail (owned by a small group of judges) that not only kids government funding, and more-so if it is full, but it also charges inmates who have releases, such as for job search, work or childcare, $90 a week rent TO LIVE IN THE JAIL. They also charge you $35 just to be arrested, whether you are innocent or guilty. And it is cumulative for each time you get arrested. And you can be arrested multiple times on one petty misdemeanor charge. And if you have any cash on you, they take their $35. If you don't have it on you, they keep adding it up and will take as much of your cash as they can to cover it. They also make you pay $25 to bail out of jail. Like if your bond is $100, they make you pay an additional $25 that you don't get back.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 294x294px
>have somewhere to be
>don't drive
>have a fear of driving, long story
>hail an uber
>Uber arrives
>pleasant conversation
>tip him
>exchange email and phone numbers
>tell him to have a great day
>mfw I just want to be nice to these drivers
>>
File: 03-17-07_1623.jpg (276KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
03-17-07_1623.jpg
276KB, 960x1280px
>>61003163
And a 145k miles will also decrease fuel economy. As I said the tires aren't that oversized, 215/60(or 65?)R15 vs 225/75R15
>>
Can I use my bike as an uber vehicle

It would be faster
>>
>>60997201
No one uses cash though.
>>
>>61001120
Cabbies are not well regulated, the only thing thats well regulated is the issuing of license, which is a big fucking corruption laced racket. In fact most of the bullshit about uber is coming from that big corruption laced racket because it threatens their monopoly over taxi services.
>>
I wouldn't want that in my car either and I drive a honda shitbox
>>
>>61003936
No; has to be a four door car that can fit at least 4 passengers; but I believe there's a startup right now for bikes. Can't remember the name though.
>>
>>60999977
You know we also pay for an ambulance, right?
>>
>>61003436

You talk in shill talking points you predictable faggot

Next tell me about how you're pulling $45/hr making new friends

The money is not there anymore. I'm talking as an early driver in the SF area. The average fare in SF before I quit a few months back was $5 gross before uber took 20% + their $1 fee

It's garbage money for the rides and risks you have to make letting niggers into your car.

And have fun with insurance if you manage to get into an accident

Driver saturation and constant fare reductions pretty much guarantee that.
>>
>>60995090
they were probably drunk not "sick"
>>
File: bailey jay.jpg (221KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
bailey jay.jpg
221KB, 333x500px
>>60998101
>he would have to continue the Line trap
>>
>>61003499
>implying I either drive for or use uber
You know a nice solution to this would be municipal taxi services that are kept to a certain standard and scaled to city needs. But in america this kind of thing is forbidden because muh private industry.
>>
>>60998602
I miss stories like this that /pol/ used to tell. They were great. I used to have a bunch saved. I even wrote a couple that weren't funny, but brought the feels. We used to write them back when the whole 'die cis scum' thing first started being big.
>>
File: 1415824974318.jpg (123KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1415824974318.jpg
123KB, 500x375px
>>61004263
>And have fun with insurance if you manage to get into an accident

Ah yes, the old RIDESHARE DOESN'T COVER ACCIDENTS meme. Beginning to think that >>61003000
is right.

Also

>SF
>Not driving for Lyft

That right there tells me you were shit.
>>
>>61004847
Probably 90% of the shit talking about uber is coming from the cab side of things, the remaining 10% is probably butthurt riders who've been banned from the service.
>>
>>60998874
And the thing is, if you're that poor, they can't make you pay. They can't make you pay medical bills at all, at least not in my state. I have close to $200,000 in medical bills that I will never pay. And they only sent me a bill a few times many years ago. They never aggressively tried to get their money.

So poor people would actually pay MORE to call a cab/Uber car, because they would actually have to pay for that, whereas they would never have to pay the ambulance bill.
>>
>>60994751
Its a fucking business not a civil service. Why does everyone feel so entitled?
>>
>>61004847

Lol google up uber/lyft coverage when drivers crash.

I was more talking about your personal insurance coverage anyway, which will go up 3x-5x if they find out you do ride share.

That surely will help you make the EZ $$$$ MONEY
>>
>>60998602
My uncle used to drive Uber, someone threw up in his car and he sent a picture of it to Uber. They gave him $200 to clean it.
>>
>>60999383
>crustacean
>Protozoic era

YGSIU tbqhf
>>
>>60998373
if puke gets (however you make that sign) 40...the bloodbath ensuing a pregnancy should atleast get 40% of the car KBB.
>>
File: 136.png (152KB, 616x725px) Image search: [Google]
136.png
152KB, 616x725px
>>60995692
>Ive determined that he people who use these services to get around are human scum by and large from my experiences as a driver.
that's a shame you feel that way anon. My significant other and I share a car and on the days that I need to bring grocery's home I use uber. if you were driving me I'd be your pal. Uber drivers have always been really kind to me and I've treated them the same.
>>
>>61003913
I think the rule is something like adding a gram to a tire is equivalent to adding a pound to the frame

The epa uses very conservative numbers

If you want better fuel economy you have loads of options in terms of streamlining and reducing weight

I personally wouldn't care with today's prices, those tires will rape your tranny though
>>
>>61003436
Best 3 vehicles to be an Uber driver?
>>
>>61005164
People not paying their medical bills is part of the reason why those that do pay are usually given some insane bill. The hospital wants to jew as much money out of people to make up for it, though they're quick to lower a medical bill because a little money is better than no money.
>>
>>61003059
This is why your country is full of trash and people shitting in bushes, France.
>>
>>60994751
I don't use cab services, why exactly is it that Uber offends liberals so much? I've been trying to figure it out for months now and as the GOP said to the Donald I'm stumped.
>>
>>60994751
why did she call or hail a cab if she was in labor instead of calling 911?
>>
>>61002599

I'd give you a bad rating just for saying "conversate" when you mean "converse".
>>
>>60994751
this is the natural result when the primary values of your society are economic. Don't call it a grave, it's the future that you chose.
>>
File: 89u89897894235.jpg (203KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
89u89897894235.jpg
203KB, 1536x1024px
>>60994751
MFW
>>
>>60994751
just buy a beat up 10+ yr old pickup and load em in the back

doesnt matter if they die back there, just hose it off
>>
>>61005280
I don't need to google it because I can log in to either and pull up the actual contract and insurance information right now. Both have insurance for drivers and passengers; you're legitimately retarded if you think otherwise.

>I was more talking about your personal insurance coverage anyway, which will go up 3x-5x if they find out you do ride share.

Why are you lying bro?

I'm done talking to you man; this is just getting embarrassing.

>>61005818

My opinion? Hatchbacks are the way to go. Spacious enough to offer comfort, and small enough to get around town, and usually good gas mileage. I personally drive a 2016 KIA soul that I just got, and was driving a Scion xB before that.

However, you could go with a large vehicle with more than 4 passenger seats and go for that Uber X or Lyft Plus money.
>>
>>61001899
>Your delusional

His delusional what?
>>
>>60994751
>sick
Drunk you mean.

Also, if you're in labor - call a fucking friend. neighbor. anyone other than a strangers personal vehicle.
>>
File: 1452486154004.jpg (69KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1452486154004.jpg
69KB, 500x667px
>>61006234
Fuck all of that, I wouldn't touch that legal liability with a 50 ft pole
>>
File: white kniggits.jpg (223KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
white kniggits.jpg
223KB, 685x600px
>>60995436
>be urbancuck
>wife bearing first monstrosity of a gender to later be decided
>get a call at my job as webpage designer for an internet cafe that only allow tablets and fair trade mocha beans
>"The baby is coming."
>panic
>hop on my custom vintage single-speed bike
>strap on my earth friendly helmet
>the dense mist left over from last night's rain clouds my glasses
>mentally remind myself to complain to my eye doctor later as he assured me these were fog-proof
>realize as I arrive home that my wife is far too weight positive to possibly be conveyed on my shamefully thin-ableist form of transport
>fish around for car keys when I suddenly recall volunteering my car to be smashed by the local environmentalist commune for a rally last month
>maybe I should smoke more weed and see if my memory gets any better
>whip out the new Iphone 6+s2 from its convenient leg holster
>"Siri, my wife is giving birth and I only own a bike, what do I do?"
>"Would you like to get an Uber?"
>"SIRI YOU'RE A GENIUS"
>Palestinian gent pulls up in a minivan
>I know he's Palestinian because I spent a semester there for my M.F.A. in women's studies
>I greet him with the traditional "مرگ را به شیاطین سفید"
>He looks strangely at me, perhaps he is surprised by my grasp of Farsi
>My wife then spills an entire day's worth (five orders) of Jimmy John's on the sidewalk
>the man appears enraged and refuses to let us in
>clearly he needs his CIS male privilege to be checked in a manner that is sensitive to his culture
>a negative review should do it
>as he drives away, I resolve to call the local planned parenthood, as clearly she cannot deliver in these conditions
>their quick response van arrives in less than 2 minutes and aborts the little white demon just before it crowns
>thank a deity of your choosing or none at all for PP.
>>
>>61003059
>sick
>not drunk off her ass
>>
>>61006346
yeah, but for the people who come out of nightclubs at 4am and look like theyre gonna explode with puke, a beat up pickup is their best ride
>>
>>60994751
>is your car or profits worth more than human life?

I cannot pay my bills with a respect for human life. I can pay my bills with money.
Don't fucking get into a stranger's car if you're going to leave a goddamn mess
>>
>>61006290
Electric feasible?
>>
File: 1452720609465.jpg (70KB, 330x451px) Image search: [Google]
1452720609465.jpg
70KB, 330x451px
>>61006346
Oh I thought you meant that pregnant woman. If anything happends in your car, the law doesn't give a fuck that you were "trying to be a good samaritan" it's sad, and morally I'd typically say yeah help her, but given how ungreatful woman are already, I say live and let die if she's too stupid to be in a proper setting to be ready to e rushed to the hospital
>>
>>61005819
That is something that always gets exaggerated, and is kind of a paradox anyway, a self fulfilling prophecy. They charge astronomical rates that people can't pay, then claim that they have to charge astronomical rates because people don't pay. Some hospitals charge like 12-20x their cost for medicine and procedures. Being charge $30 for two Tylenol is ridiculous. They are gouging,plain and simple.
>>
>>61005955
Because taxi company's are a monopoly. it's literally "the joos" in office passing laws that no one can start a taxi company without the government being somewhat involved. the libs are mad because they like the government to be in control of everything.

here's some history behind Denver's taxi monopoly:
http://ij.org/case/jones-v-temmer/
>>
>>61006212
I have that same cap gun. Things were made in the 60's or something. Got them from my grandparents house. Spring is ruined on one of them though...
>>
>>60995155
Just because I burn your house down doesn't mean you have the right to not let me fuck your asshole
>>
>>61006801
It's an admittance to gouging too when they settle for much less than they asked for. You shouldn't have to haggle for medical bills..
>>
>>61006860
lol is that a cap gun?! I didn't realize...yeah those were fun as hell...still are come to think of it.
>>
>>60994751

>I threw up in an uber car and he tossed me out...I'm honestly considering filing a class action lawsuit.

This is why you should read Terms of Service. You signed away your rights, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1111x597px
>>61006351
>>
>>60994751
It's their private vehicle, if they don't want to deal with cleaning up the mess that a possible delivery would leave, good for them.
>>
>>60994751
>Blaming Uber for something one of their drivers did and that they have no control over.
>implying people shouldn't be able to choose who they serve.
>>
File: 1452726993450.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452726993450.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>60995155(pic related)

>>60996633
>>60999775
>>61001899
>>61002835
>>61006880
You guys actually replied
>>
>>61006710
I've never met anyone with an electric, so I have no idea. I couldn't see why not though.
>>
File: meow.jpg (45KB, 354x627px) Image search: [Google]
meow.jpg
45KB, 354x627px
>>61006290

>just ignore the insurance problem and pretend its a lie

Literally every point I am making could be googled up as absolute truth.

I'm here to warn potential drivers that you will not make good money doing this. Those days are gone.
faggots like you keep accusing me of shilling for taxis or being a shitty, mad ex-driver so here is my last lyft rating.

I've been doing ride share since the start and been a constant 5-star driver for both lyft and uber and am probably better at it than your shilling ass.
>>
File: 1451117896667.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1451117896667.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>61006801
Do you have any idea how much it costs to run a top-tier hospital and keep a 24/7 ER fully staffed, you cock-smoker?
>>
>>61006351
9/10
Jimmy Johns wouldn't exist in Libtopia
>>
File: alwaysbeencaretaker-1432321723.gif (497KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
alwaysbeencaretaker-1432321723.gif
497KB, 500x281px
>>61007487
Yet it is somehow much cheaper to do it in other countries which also provide better and more efficient service, like Japan?
>>
Uber driver should've called 911 saying this stupid couple is trying to hail me for a ride when one of them is in labor. Told the couple I just called 911 and that I'm not an ambulance then drive off.
>>
>>61007454

But....you're a hipster faggot.
>>
>>61005792
>The epa uses very conservative numbers
They dont, as I said, when I drive my mom's Camrey her fuel efficiency gauge reads 22mpg with 70k or 80k miles on the car, EPA says it should be 25mpg. And this is from a old lady driving.

> streamlining
>a SUV shaped like a fucking box

>reducing weight
>like pull out all the seats except the drivers
>or buy a $5k carbon fiber hood for a car that cost $2k a decade ago.

>those tires will rape your tranny though
tranny is fine, only problem I've had with it are the usual leaks you'd expect from a car this age. even ran it almost out of fluid on the highway, bad enough that it was making a horrible grinding noise when I finally turned off my stereo; its still going strong. Haven't really had any problems with the power train on that car, its just everything else on it is constantly breaking.
>>
>>61007487
That's something the government should worry about because it is a basic human rights to have affordable health care. But I don't wanna be taxed a lot either so I hope they sort it out themselves
>>
>>61000199
>bragging about commiting fraud
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 720x479px
>>61007747
>wants top tier health care paid for by the government
>doesnt want to pay a lot of taxes

Top fucking kek my friend
>>
>>61007487
It costs a lot, no doubt, but you'd have to be completely clueless to claim that insurance (especially medicaid/care) don't drive it up.

When people have that spigot of government $$$ in front of them, they really lose all restraint.
>>
>>61007900
If all the 1% gave 1% of their money the world would be a bigger place
>>
>>60999556
>The thing you really need to ask yourself is if you are prepared to be your own manager. Can you handle 1099 taxes, can you handle governing expenditures, can you handle creating and depositing into an IRA, would you be able to handle yourself in an emergency situation with passengers?

Oh god, so few people understand this. Being 1099 is hard. The taxes suck, there are no slow days, unless you're not getting paid. No coverage when you're sick, no one to help out when you're tired or to diffuse a situation with a pissy customer. I did business writing for a few years as a 1099. I gave it up and went back to being a cog in the wheel because I was tired of trying to figure out the best health plan.
>>
>>60994751

WHY DON'T YOU CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE

right because it costs you like 120 bucks..

being fucking cheap with your health, you get what you deserve..
>>
File: 1452105429750.jpg (15KB, 392x359px) Image search: [Google]
1452105429750.jpg
15KB, 392x359px
>>61006351
>>
>>61006710
Probably not considering how expensive they are, their limited range, and how long they take to recharge. EVs are ment for going to and from work, and being able to charge it over night, not spending all day driving.
>>
File: 1448583760512.jpg (54KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
1448583760512.jpg
54KB, 475x356px
>>60997279
Teach me your $1,200 a week ways senpai.
>>
File: image.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>61008088
>world would be a bigger place
>>
>>61008645
Day 1: Make $200
Day 2-6: Make $200 per day
Day 7: Rest
>>
>>61008645
Drive at night, stay away from the airport, don't look around aimlessly create an area hot zone schedule for yourself, be a good driver and consistently drive.
>>
>>61008645

Get lucky or drive like 18 hours a day
>>
File: 1447004142714.png (305KB, 550x580px) Image search: [Google]
1447004142714.png
305KB, 550x580px
>>61006351
>>
I'm not licensed to transport biohazardous waste.
>>
>>61008924
Holidays are good, I'm assuming?

>Stay away from the airport
Only a small airport where I am.

>don't look around aimlessly
Don't drive around, wasting gas?

>Create an area hot zone
So hang around where you consistently get more rides?

>Consistently drive
Would Thursday-Sunday work? I'm in a college town, so I've got plenty of bars to work with.
>>
>>60998373
Taxis in us are 100-200$ automatic charge for puking in them.
>>
>>60997510

You can get the cost waved more often than not. The price is there to dissuade people from abusing the service.
>>
>>61009809
Except they dont. You have go agree to a EULA for Uber/Lyft, no such thing with Taxis. And who the fuck doesnt pay with cash in a Taxi, unless you really need a record to get reimbursed for from your job?
>>
>>61009669
Holidays are usually shit to be honest. The exception is NYE and Halloween. The rest everyone is usually out of town or with family.

>Don't drive around, wasting gas?
Yep.

>So hang around where you consistently get more rides?
You got it.

>Would Thursday-Sunday work? I'm in a college town, so I've got plenty of bars to work with.

Yeah those are usually the best days.
>>
>>60995090
The ambulance is basically a $1000 cab ride in burgerland. Unless you're dying don't take it.
>>
>>60994751
>taxis are so 2012.
>less government is better
>uber denied service?
>somebody do something!
>we need more government!
Fucking decide already.
>>
>>61010391
>he literally pays that dumb bill

they don't do shit if you don't
>>
>>60997836
If it were a Taxi company they'd probably be miffed at the driver for losing them business using a company car,
Uber and Lyft are people using their personal vehicles in a taxi service. The woman giving birth could have ruined the interior of this dude's car, the same car he uses every single day of his life. Imagine my surprise reading about this just now.
>>
>>61010115
Awesome. I'm considering joining, but I might not have enough time to do so. What days in the spring do you find attract the most customers? Valentine's day?
>>
>>60994751
Free interaction between people. Merchants have the right to refuse service.
>>
>>60995090
>call an ambulance
>america
heh I hope you enjoy getting a bill for 4 times your yearly salary.
>>
>>61002599
I deduct points if you won't shut the fuck up when I clearly just want to sit in peace
>>
>>61010948
Valentine's day is good. Spring break was pretty much the same.

>but I might not have enough time to do so

I mean, if you just doing it for extra money, then not having much time for it is fine. It's not like they'll boot you off or anything. You can sign up and not drive until you are ready.
>>
>>60994751
You would bitch about being billed for cleaning up your biological waste. Just like that lady in labor. Water breaks, there is blood and feces during child birth.
Fuck your shit these people are working class and uber wouldn't cover their cleaning costs.
>>
>>61011006
>oh shit i forgot there's flags on /pol/
>>
>>61009669
why stay away from the airport? so you don't have to deal with luggage?
>>
>>61011184

I wonder, do you specifically tell them that you have autism and that you don't want to talk, or do you expect them to be psychics and know you're autistic?
>>
>>61003886
>That's an emergency and should be treated as such
kek no its not. you can give birth anywhere, dont be a fucking bitch
>>
>>61006351

worth it

>maybe I should smoke more weed and see if my memory gets any better
>>
>>61011363
The default state is not pushing your conversation on somebody. Don't speak unless spoken to, like any service person.
>>
>>61010391
Liar. Bls transport cost 350 and als transport cost 650.
Also you don't even need to pay that shit.
>>
>>61012122

Actually, in reality, the default state is to be social. Thank you for confirming your autism though.
>>
>>60994751
UBER is a friend to friend service. It's not illegal to not help people.

Fuck you.
>>
>>61011679
>>61011679
There are plenty of complications that could arise you dumb fucking canuck.
>>
> disabled passengers sued the company and its competitor, Lyft, for denying services to passengers with wheelchairs and service dogs

Wow, unless your car is equipped for wheel chair passengers I can imagine this is a pain in the ass. Except the service dogs, no idea what the drivers deal with service dogs is, those things are alright.
>>
>>61012546
Actually, in reality, the default state is to behave as a normal serviceperson. Thank you for confirming your autism though.
>>
File: 1451525822841.jpg (8KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1451525822841.jpg
8KB, 250x244px
>>61007673
>better quality healthcare than the US

You're either b8ing or you don't have a single fucking clue what you're talking about desu senpai

>>61007747
b8
>>
>>60994751
just fucking nuke us all, give the earth to the wildlife that can live through it and let life try again from the start.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.