[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people of today so ignorant of the past?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 26

File: 1450036924334.jpg (80KB, 862x582px) Image search: [Google]
1450036924334.jpg
80KB, 862x582px
Why are people of today so ignorant of the past?
>>
>>60014414
Milenials
>>
File: fc5.jpg (1MB, 1137x1649px) Image search: [Google]
fc5.jpg
1MB, 1137x1649px
I have no clue
>>
>>60014632
Who the fuck cites wikipedia?
>>
1700 Pre historic era
1800 --> Whitey pillaged and shiet
1900 --> Hitler and evil fascists
2000 --> Present day
>>
>>60014632
>implying any of that was anywhere near as bad as shit mudslimes were pulling
>citing Wikipedia. Nice try, faggot
>>
>>60014632
>Islam was a good boy he dindu nuffin
>Meanwhile the entire islamic world comes about through Jihad
>>
File: 5ea.jpg (28KB, 355x400px) Image search: [Google]
5ea.jpg
28KB, 355x400px
>>60014632
>Wikipedia
>>
>>60014632
/thread

>>60014729
your logical fallacy is "appeal to authority." stay mad, white jew.

>>60014835
Youre deflecting. "But but they did worse!" You're garbage.

>>60014956
>implying any Abrahamic, Jew religion is better than another

Get out.
>>
>>60015035
Yes they are better dickhead unless your some caliphate supporting jihadi. The Christian world reformed due to what happened while the Muslim world did not.
>>
>>60015035
>>
>>60015107
>Yes they are better dickhead
Nice ad hominem. A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. Christianity is Judaism for uneducated white people such as yourself. As for the "Christian reform" - once the Church lost its power and actual governments started ruling, THATS when Christians stopped burning witches alive. Because rational people stopped putting up with Christian terrorism. How old are you that you dont know basic history? Fuck off back to /mlp/ you poofing little fag.
>>
File: Jew jewing.png (592KB, 1173x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Jew jewing.png
592KB, 1173x1162px
>>60015159
well memed
>>
>>60015224
>gets mad at ad hominem
>proceeds to ad homing
Kek okay kid read a book on the history of the Mediterranean Sea or something.
>>
>>60015035

>Pagan
>>
>>60015035
>>60014835

So a petty thief shot a murdering rapist, and I'm supposed to feel bad for the rapist? Sounds like you just want to be enriched.

The lesser of two evils is sometimes the only option. At least whites can create functional societies not entirely based of oppression and fear.
>>
>>60015224
>Whitey did bad
>Muslims are the good guys
>Muslims dindu nuffin

Nice try Habeeb
>>
>>60015335
>kek

any more catchphrases from the Internet or would you like to actually give a respectable argument?

>>60015390
>The lesser of two evils is sometimes the only option
Only when intelligent people, such as yourself, are either so mentally ill or so lazy that they can't be motivated to make a change in the world. Trump, Obama, Sanders and all the rest were once nobodies just like you. Difference is, they did something. Also testosterone. Get some.

>>60015392
what is even Abrahamism? Theyre all Jew religions.
>>
>>60015440
Kek was horde for Lol if you played alliance, asshat.
>>
>>60014729
reddit
>>
File: kek.gif (753KB, 200x86px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
753KB, 200x86px
>>60015532
so no intelligent argument then. k.
>>
>>60015335
Faggot Christians like Justinian are the reason the West was retarded for 1000 years.

Take your Kike religion and shove it. We were all better off before Christianity ever crawled out of that shithole that is the Middle East.
>>
>>60015440
>theyre all jew religions

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8 out of 8
>>
>>60015107
Because the Christian world decided to get the religion out of government, something the Muslim world did not.
>>60015390
>not entirely based of oppression and fear
Really? Because fear of God was one way to keep people in check.
>>
>>60015546
>buh buh my history teacher said Christians were the bad guys!

Seriously read a book that has a different point of view. I'm not going to look up shit from my phone to argue with your stupid ass.
>>
>>60015598
see
>>60015598

>>60015641
Yeah. Because those devlish witches were seriously a threat. Their magic was just too powerful. Are you kidding me? What a god damn idiot you are

>http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/salem-witch-hunt-begins
>>
File: 1444522963299.png (68KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1444522963299.png
68KB, 225x225px
>>60015532

>Playing Alliance
>Not wanting to join the faction that would eventually have Garrosh making the Horde great again
>>
>>60015580
>the west was retarded for 1000 years because of Christianity
>things were perfect until the Christians came
Kekaroo!
>>
>>60015716
Martin Luther taught that the Sun revolved around the Earth, and he justified that belief using the Bible, even while Copernicus presented evidence that the opposite is true. Christianity prefers articles of faith over articles of actual fact. You're a moron. Thats why you dont understand this.
>>
>>60015224
>calls an insult an Ad hominem
i know it's bait but c'mon.
>>
File: 8db.png (54KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
8db.png
54KB, 919x737px
>>60015698
> "Hur dur I have no facts to back up my statement so im just gonna go in a complete circle"

Nice proxy you got there australia
>>
>>60015698
Rofl who cares about witches being burned literally similar executions happened all the time regardless of Christians. People were as violent at Africans during rawanda on a daily basis
>>
File: kek 2.gif (987KB, 500x170px) Image search: [Google]
kek 2.gif
987KB, 500x170px
>>60015782
>dick

ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

What is even the english language, anon?

>>60015787
Care to debate? Pick a topic or an article of belief and Ill destroy it. Or piss off back to the trap thread on /b/.

>>60015794
rofl who cares about Christians being burned alive in cages by ISIS similar executions. Christians die all the time!

See how backwards your thinking process is? That home-school education tho...
>>
The mongols were just a finnish crusade
>>
>>60015780
Yeah no I understand but Christians also are responsible for the recording of ancient texts and eventual internal reform. Romans were going around burning down libraries and killing famous inventors before Christians were a thing. Romans were owning people they considered barbarians but who were actually technologically fairly advanced. The idea of citizenship comes from the Greeks and Romans and anyone who did not have the rights of a citizen were considered lesser.
>>
File: 1442354329869.jpg (648KB, 800x941px) Image search: [Google]
1442354329869.jpg
648KB, 800x941px
>>60015715
>have Garrosh making the Horde great again
Oh no you aren't, not while we are around.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>60015909
>Care to debate? Pick a topic or an article of belief and Ill destroy it. Or piss off back to the trap thread on /b/.
>>
>>60015909
Well its just not a valid argument since the Christians splintered and reformed. Isis is like living 2000 years in the past hut with internet.
>>
File: 1444067354482.jpg (101KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444067354482.jpg
101KB, 480x480px
>>60014632
>"debunking" solely with kikepedia articles
you can't make this shit up
>>
>>60015966
>Romans destroyed libraries and books tho!
I dont think so. Educate yourself.

>https://ehistory.osu.edu/articles/burning-library-alexandria

Christianity has not benefited the world in any way. And before you give this or that example of why I'm wrong...ask yourself if those examples could have been produced by any other group than Christianity. In other words...was Christianity integral in any of the so-called "good deeds" that Christians have done in the world? Or could those same acts have been accomplished by anyone of any religion?

Exactly.
>>
>>60016071
Christians were burning people alive 500 years ago. I know that seems like a berry berry long time when you're 15 years old...but its not. And guess what? In 500 years...Islam is going to be like Christianity, and some dumb fuck on Alien Internet is going to defend Islam saying:

>Islam hasn't been violent in 500 years!
>Just accept Islam as peaceful!

No.
>>
>>60015610
>not entirely based of oppression and fear
>not entirely
There will always be a self interested few that only respond to threats. It is the nature of the narcissist to fear only individual punishment. For, to them, all that exists, all that is divine, is the self. The affects of their actions on society are irrelevant.
>>
>>60016134
Other cities have libraries fuck face, the Romans destroyed many ancient texts when they sacked cities on the regular. Look up Carthage, Jerusalem, Syracuse to name a few.

Lol must a been Alexandria tho rye? That's probably the only one you know of.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Syracuse_(214–212_BC)
>>
>>60016183
>Mudslimes have been beheading people for thousands of years

>Christians burned witches for a couple hundred

Yup them whiteys sure are evil
>>
>>60016134
>they were all athiests!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance

Kekaroo!
>>
>>60014414

Our history courses largely ignore history of other parts of the world so our generation today grows up literally thinking that western civilization is the only one that had conquest and is under the impression that it was a dominant world power for more than a few hundred years.
>>
>>60016183
Isis literally stands for islamic state in Iraq and syria. Never said they were particularly good or advanced. In fact I said they were living 2000 years in the past.
>>
>>60016258
Book burning is taught in the Bible. So I guess that makes your argument invalid or am I missing something? Are you beng hypocritical on purpose? You realize Christians, Jews and Muslims have a much longer history of burning books, right?

"A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas."

>http://biblehub.com/acts/19-19.htm

Go educate yourself in these topics before you type to me, boy.

>>60016259
hurr durr they did it longer so we iz ok!!!! ;)
go kill yourself you deflecting little queer.
>>
>>60015440
>Only when intelligent people, such as yourself, are either so mentally ill or so lazy that they can't be motivated to make a change in the world. Trump, Obama, Sanders and all the rest were once nobodies just like you. Difference is, they did something. Also testosterone. Get some.

What have you done with your life fucking NEET, you live on your mum's basement 100% sure of it.
>>
>>60016360
>belief: God is in the sky
>belief: there was a magical talking snake
>belief: man was made from dirt
>belief: woman was made from the rib of a man

Tell us all more about living in the past and having outdated beliefs...
>>
>>60015610
>Christian world decided to get the religion out of government,
That happened dying the Enlightenment, which was clearly a anti-religious or at least secular movement
>>
>>60016366
I never claimed that Christian hands were clean faggot. Im showing how mudslimes have been doing a lot worse shit a lot longer
>>
>>60016366
I just don't care about Christians being evil like you do. I'm talking about history and how you don't understand the entire picture.
>>
>>60015035

Well they are.

The period where Christianity emulated Islam wasn't that long lived. The good thing is, Christian nations grew up while Muslim nations are still stuck in the middle ages.
>>
>>60016301
>literally a bunch of 'Christian' intellectuals reminding everyone how great pagan Greek philosophy and arts was
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with him, senpai?
>>
>>60016366
>fifty thousand drachmas

Note that a drachma was about a day's wages. That means that the given value of the trash was about the same as 1 man's wages for 137 years. Or 10 men's wages for almost 14 years.

>>60016405
why are you asking me that and not yourself? If I tell you my accomplishments, you will say I am arrogant. If I do not tell you, you will say what? Go ask yourself that question right after you build my wall.

>>60016455
>>60016471

then you're biased. Islam is nothing more than a mixture of Judaism and Christianity. Throw in some Iranian Paganism and voila! Islam. The shit in the Quran is the same shit in the Bible. As for today's Christians...they dont NEED to behead people. They are in our Government. They make laws based in their beliefs rather than what is good for the people. You dont NEED to conquer a nation when you can just manipulate its laws to benefit your own class of people. Do you really need examples of this? So dont tell me Christians are better than Muslims - theyre just more devious and crafty.
>>
>>60014414
>>60014632
>"the crusades saved Europe"
>"the crusades destroyed Europe"
>everything is totally one thing or another
This place really is an autistic, adolescent shit hole.
>>
>>60016414
Well isis isn't comparable to modern Christians. They take a far more orthodox interpretation of their scriptures and their book doesn't have a new testament that espouses peace and love.
>>
>>60016134
>.was Christianity integral in any of the so-called "good deeds" that Christians have done in the world? Or could those same acts have been accomplished by anyone of any religion?

so why didn't the other religions or atheists do them?
>>
>>60016607
> So dont tell me Christians are better than Muslims - theyre just more devious and crafty.

Again you fucking autist. I never claimed one was better than the other, just that one side has done more than the other
>>
>>60016765
>They take a far more orthodox interpretation of their scriptures and their book doesn't have a new testament that espouses peace and love.

First, I'll repeat myself: Christians don't behead people because they don't have to. They infiltrate politics and makes reflect the Laws of their religion. That doesn't make them better than Muslims - its makes them more sneaky and dangerous.

As for peace and love, dont. Because I'll prove you wrong using the New Testament, and I think you already know that your claim is bogus so..dont waste my time.

>>60016806
>just that one side has done more than the other

Youre literally saying: "I dont care if Christians take over the world by injecting their religion into politics, as long as I dont have to see it!" You think ISIS is worse because you see their brutality. You dont see the brutality of Christianity.
>>
>>60016603
>monks recorded and translated all the works
Monastic life was obviously religious dude I don't know what to say to you people.
>>
>>60016607

>then you're biased. Islam is nothing more than a mixture of Judaism and Christianity. Throw in some Iranian Paganism and voila! Islam.

In terms of how it defines its god, sure, but that's not really all Islam is. Islam is a set of war doctrines and regulations for conquest and conversion.

It takes the fundamentals of religion and interprets them into a guidebook for conquest that works pretty damn well.

>The shit in the Quran is the same shit in the Bible.

The shit in the Qu'ran isn't all there is to Islam. Hadith is where most of the problematic parts of Islam come about and its unavoidable in studying Islam.

>As for today's Christians...they dont NEED to behead people. They are in our Government

So there are no Islamic governments is what you're saying? There isn't a large portion of the world where Islam doesn't prevail? You realize how stupid this sounds right?

>They make laws based in their beliefs rather than what is good for the people.

Except for that Western nations laws are defined by secularism and not by religion while in the Middle East its the other way around.

>You dont NEED to conquer a nation when you can just manipulate its laws to benefit your own class of people.

Sounds exactly like what Muslims are doing in Europe today by expecting special laws for themselves in the name of "cultural tolerance"

> So dont tell me Christians are better than Muslims - theyre just more devious and crafty.

Okay, then go live in a Muslim country and wear a cross. See what happens in places like Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile the worst that will happen here if you're Muslim is you'll get called a raghead.

Sure thing bud.
>>
>>60016895
>You dont see the brutality of Christianity.

Yeah man I totally Just watched another one of those beheading videos that those christian terrorist keep releasing
>>
>>60016914
>Islam is a set of war doctrines and regulations for conquest and conversion.

So is Christianity.

>Go forth and covert all Nations
>When you go into a city and they reject your message, leave them. For the wrath of the Lord shall befall them

>So there are no Islamic governments is what you're saying? There isn't a large portion of the world where Islam doesn't prevail? You realize how stupid this sounds right?

Who said there are no Islamic governments? Youre deflecting. Id rather you acknowledge the fact that Christians DO infiltrate politics in America to push their own evil agenda. Why cant you just say, "Yup. Thats true." I know Muslims do the same...so why dont you?
>Except for that Western nations laws are defined by secularism and not by religion while in the Middle East its the other way around.
Then explain why fags cant marry...I'll wait
>>
>>60016990
I said: You think ISIS is worse because you see their brutality. You dont see the brutality of Christianity.

You replied:

>Yeah man I totally Just watched another one of those beheading videos that those christian terrorist keep releasing

You just proved what I said and youre too retarded to realize it. Thank you.
>>
>>60016895
Christianity is more reformed and less extreme than islam generally and yes the new testament is not anywhere as violent as the old testament. Prove me wrong please.
>>
>>60017048
>Christianity is more reformed and less extreme than islam generally and yes the new testament is not anywhere as violent as the old testament.
> Prove me wrong please.

Your logical fallacy is "burden of proof." The burden of proof falls on your shoulders, because you made those claims. So, allow me ask: Prove yourself right please.
>>
>>60016990
He is brainwashed liberal who has somehow mentally flipped islam and Christianity it seems.
>>
>>60016895

>You dont see the brutality of Christianity

I wish we did. We should have every right to treat Muslims in our country how they treat Christians and atheists in theirs.

Islam has tried to conquer the world enough times its entirely justifiable to not want little jihadis in your country.

If not for the likes of Martel, Charlemagne, the Reconquista, or the Great Turkish War then we all may have had been living in an Islamic nation today. There's no reason whatsoever for westerners to trust Muslims when they've been trying to subjugate us for over a thousand years.
>>
>>60017046
Well first off bud We're talking about Europe during the time of the crusades, if you want to talk about Isis then make a different thread. Mudslimes now a days are shit compared to christians
>>
>>60016897
But the claim that he was making that Christians weren't advancing anything still isn't challenged by your wiki link. At best they preserved knowledge( which they had a hand in the decline of neo-Platonism via the murder of Hypatia and also the decline of the Library of Alexanderia)
>>
>>60017097
You offered to do it asshole. Peace and love of new testament will be proved wrong.
>>
>>60017120
I agree with 100% of your post.
However, it is an error to think that Christians are different from Muslims.

First, there was Judaism.
From Judaism came Christianity.
From Christianity and Judaism came Islam.

Islam is LITERALLY the ass baby of the Jews and the Christians. You cant like one and hate the other.

>>60017208
"Do not suppose I have come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34 (JESUS)

Stop wasting my time, pleb.
>>
>>60014632
>teutonic knights
AOE my brosef, teutonic knights OP as fug dude
>>
>>60017011

>So is Christianity.

Hmm, no.

Let's look at Christianity from its inception for a second. Christ didn't lead an army, or a nation, he spread gospel and converted through peaceable means.

>Who said there are no Islamic governments? Youre deflecting.

No, you are. By acting as if we have no entitlement to have a dominant culture of our own which rejects theirs, when its exactly what they do to us.

>Id rather you acknowledge the fact that Christians DO infiltrate politics in America to push their own evil agenda.

Probably not enough considering they allow you faggots to walk around with strap-ons in the street in the name of "tolerance"

If you'd rather an Islamic style government where we'll cut your queer head off for it we can be more like that, but Islam still needs to stay gone.

>Why cant you just say, "Yup. Thats true."

Why cant you just say, "Please cut my head off" because you love Islam so much.

>Then explain why fags cant marry...I'll wait

Fags can marry. Not only can they marry, but they don't get stoned to death for being fags. Explain to me how Christianity is just as bad as Islam if there's this stark contrast between the cultures.

I'll wait nigger...
>>
>>60017177
Well the knowledge wouldn't be here if no one took the time to preserve it. I don't feel like looking up a list of Christian inventors but you have to realize that atheism wasn't a thing in the rennisance. Even people who got killed for science were rationalizing it in the name of God. Part of what happened was people thought they knew more about God than the religious authority and bam Christianity splintered and along came scientific Christians
>>
>>60017222

>Islam is LITERALLY the ass baby of the Jews and the Christians. You cant like one and hate the other.

I'm atheist so I don't like religion.

However, Richard Dawkins puts it well when he said Christianity is docile and relatively unthreatening. Islam poses a dangerous force against our culture and very ideals.
>>
>>60017222
Yeah the sword he brought to bring down the Romans through violence... you're literally and idiot look at the beginnings of Christian religion and how they were persecuted by the Roman state for their belief. They never advocated violence during that time despite the apparent violence in the new testament.
>>
>>60017354
You ignore the quotes I gave you from the Bible which instructs Christians to conquer the world by converting "all nations." THAT is the exact same goal of Islam. Go fuck yourself.

>Fags can marry
Why is same-sex marriage banned in these 13 states if not because of Christians manipulating politics? Why was gay marriage banned previously?

>http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/13/us/states-same-sex-marriage-ban/

>>60017401
>Christianity is docile and relatively unthreatening.

When you think the serpent is peaceful, thats when you get its fangs. NEVER forget the lessons of the past.

>http://www.worldology.com/Christianity/rise_christianity.htm

^ How Christanity conquered Europe

>>60017428
>Yeah the sword he brought to bring down the Romans through violence
Wrong. And until you educate yourself in your own religion, you can piss off back to Facebook.

JESUS HIMSELF said and I quote:

>I have not come to bring world peace

How else can you interpret that? Oh I know...in anyway that doesn't make you admit Christianity is absolute shit.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/10-34.htm
>>
>>60017428
Christian martyr is a person who is killed for following Jesus. In early church years, this often occurred through stoning, crucifixion, burning at the stake or other forms of torture and capital punishment. The word "martyr" comes from the Greek word μάρτυς, mártys, which means "witness."
>>
>>60014414
>Why are people of today so ignorant of the past?

Thanks for taking out Byzantines in 1204 ;^)
>>
>>60014985
>>60014835
>>60014729
>>60016131
I didn't realize /pol/ had this many fucking redditors trying to fit in
>>
>>60017428
And in case you needed another verse, here's how Luke words it:

Luke 12:51
Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.
>>
>>60017367
Christian inventors didn't invent shit due to their faith. Newton or Leibniz didn't discover calculus and all the other stuff coz of their faith, one was a secret heretic and the other a deist.

The whole point I am trying to concise with that anon, that Christianity doesnt have a part to play in Europe's progress, it was at best along for the ride. The real engine behind the progress was western philosophy and it's 'Faustian' spirit
>>
>>60017475
Well I don't see any evidence of Christians conquering the world fiendo. There are also many different types of Christians so it's not very easy for them to work together. I can point out islamic people preaching to conquer the world tho and not just fringe crazy people.
>>
>>60017428
Oh...and heres another "peace and love" verse in the NT:

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!"

LUKE 12:49

>>60017579
Would you agree that whoever controls the money controls the world?
>>
>>60017484
Turks I liked Rome you meanies.
>>
>>60017548
first, the term applied to Apostles. Once Christians started to undergo persecution, the term came to be applied to those who suffered hardships for their faith. Finally, it was restricted to those who had been killed for their faith. The early Christian period before Constantine I was the "Age of martyrs". Early Christians venerated martyrs as powerful intercessors, and their utterances were treasured as inspired by the Holy Spirit."[1]

Look how violent they were
>>
>>60016134
How about banding Europe together to defeat the Ottomans?

Dumbass.
>>
>>60017475

>You ignore the quotes I gave you from the Bible which instructs Christians to conquer the world by converting "all nations.

Christians don't have a large following advocating for holy-war. You know this. Go fuck your sister, fucking retard.

>Why is same-sex marriage banned in these 13 states if not because of Christians manipulating politics?

Democracy is down to the values of majority, so hey, maybe things will change. If you think not being able to get married is oppression you should try getting gay married in Saudi Arabia and see what happens you stupid cunt.

>When you think the serpent is peaceful, thats when you get its fangs.

Which is why we need to keep Islam as far away from Western civilization as possible. We have to live with Christianity, it's a part of our history and culture. It's impossible to know western history without context in Christianity. It is of no threat to us, so there's not much reason to reject it so vehemently when it poses little threat.

Islam is the great threat which must be combated, and this is where my resources are allocated.

>^ How Christanity conquered Europe

I know my history better than you do, kid. No need to try and convince me of anything.

If it weren't for Christianity there'd have been no unifying force to stop the conquest of Islam. We would all be Muslim today.

So yes I am glad that everybody at least shared that much to keep that shit the fuck out. Any argument other than complete agreement is a testament that you wouldn't mind living in an Islamic government, in which case, get the FUCK out you piece of shit.
>>
>>60017575
Yeah I don't think it has to play a part either but it's not like Christianity has stopped scientific progress. All the Christians countries actually helped progress. It's more of a way of life than anything. Many people like being christian and Christians are not incredibly violent since the middle ages. Also Christians have morals that are the basis of many western countries, or at least they used to be.
>>
>>60017664
That quote is from Jesus, cunt. Jesus said that he did not come here to bring world peace, but to cause division or war. Fucking educate yourself.

>>60017670
>Ottomans
Christians fighting Muslims.
Jew fight Jews.

LOL

>>60017699
>Christians don't have a large following advocating for holy-war
BUT their messiah taught Holy War as I just showed. So, those who do NOT believe in this, are cherry-picking which teachings from Jesus they follow, arent they? And does that not mean...that in order for Christianity to be acceptable in an enlightened, modern society....Christians have to ignore entire tenets of their faith? In order for Christianity to make any sense...you have to NOT practice parts of Christians LOLOL

>Democracy is down to the values of majority, so hey, maybe things will change. If you think not being able to get married is oppression you should try getting gay married in Saudi Arabia and see what happens you stupid cunt.
Way to avoid answering my question. I asked why gay marriage was banned in america, and is still banned in many states, if not for Christians manipulating politics? Thats my question.
>>
>>60017575

So in your opinion, the suppression of knowledge throughout Islams history has nothing to do with religion either?

It's funny how Muslims on one hand pride themselves on the intellectual achievements of Persians who would have discovered them anyway, which Islam had no effect in creating, yet will pretend as if Christianity in governance did nothing at all to aid its own achievements and can't call those times a golden age.
>>
>>60017593
You actually ever read the new testament? I don't even remember any of these verses being in it. Most was like turn the other cheek and love your neighbor.
>>
>>60017809
Martin Luther, originator of Protestantism, taught that the Sun revolved around the Earth because thats what the BIble says..

So many great intellectuals in Christianity lol
>>
>>60017857
>I don't even remember any of these verses being in it.
Because you cherry-pick what you read and remember. Because youre corrupt. I gave the book+chapter for a reason. Educate yourself.
>>
>>60017788

>BUT their messiah taught Holy War as I just showed.

Doesn't even say to war them, you're being disingenuous and you know this.

>Thats my question.

And your point you're trying to prove is that Christianity is as bad as Islam. When evidence is provided that you're wrong and are BTFO then you backpedal like hell.

Also, if you don't take the Ottomans seriously well you would have if it weren't for Christianity being a unifying force for Europe to keep Ottomans from conquering them.
>>
Can we all just agree that Muslims suck NOW and should be crusaded against NOW?
>>
>>60017788
Jesus is only written about by other people and certain writings were excluded from the Catholic version of the bible which is the one I am familiar with because they were not "inspired by the Holy spirit" your quotes are probably from the one where Jesus is pushing kids off of roofs because they upset him and then resurrecting them just cuz.
>>
File: mischief.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
mischief.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>60017912
>I have not come to bring peace but a sword (war)
War requires warriors. Who would be the warriors for Christ I wonder? I mean, you realize that was the justification for the Crusades right? Idiot. Im not here to give history lessons.

Also...thats the second time you've avoided just answering my question :) I accept your defeat.
>>
>>60017860

Today in the Middle East over 20% of Muslims are illiterate and don't believe in evolution and are thoroughly convinced in equally trite and retarded theories such as that.

Today.

In 2016.

If Christianity were as bad as Islam, we'd be like the Middle East today. So that's something to consider when you cry about how Christianity is so oppressive and anti-intellectual.
>>
File: problem.jpg (166KB, 969x1024px) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
166KB, 969x1024px
>>60017976
>i dont like the quotes you gave so they must not be from jesus really!!!!!1

I accept your defeat.

>>60017996
We were like the Middle East today. Before people took the power away from the Church, it was the "DARK AGES." Theres a reason why the time during Christianity's rule is referred to as the "DARK AGES." But im not here to give 16 yr olds history lessons. If you can't contribute to the thread fuck off.
>>
>>60017891
Lol im corrupt and your the one who probably supports human experimentation unit 731 style "for science." You have no fiber as a human being.
>>
>>60017775
I agree that Christianity mellowed down after the fall of Rome, but I am just so tired of /pol/fags championing Christianity as the best thing that ever happened to Europe when the only real thing seperating it from other culture is its western philosophy and Socratic search for the truth

>>60017809
Oh don't get me wrong, Islam is better than Christianity in fucking shit up. But christfags can't claim to have the moral high ground in this aspect since Christianity didn't do jack shit, good or bad. If anything Christianity became what is today coz it is was the most pagan of the Abrahamic faiths
>>
File: christjan jews.png (9KB, 239x292px) Image search: [Google]
christjan jews.png
9KB, 239x292px
>>60018048
>hurrrr I bet you support human experimentation...even tho that was never brought up once and Im just pulling it out of thin air because I have nothing and your theological beating has made me embarassed

k
>>
>>60015035
>implying any Abrahamic, Jew religion is better than another
underrated!
>>
>>60017985

>I have not come to bring peace but a sword (war)

You're taking a quote far out of context.

The sword is metaphoric and you're bastardizing it with no knowledge whatsoever what it means. If he had meant the sword literally, it would be contradictory to statements he had already made prior.

He even goes on to explain how the sword is metaphoric for relationships. Nice job looking stupid and incompetent, hope this has been educational.

I accept your total submission you stupid cunt.
>>
>>60018046
Holy lel, you probably don't know about all the different versions and translations of bibles there are do you? The problem with athiests if they never educate themselves about the religions they hate.
>>
>>60015999
>Thinks he can defeat the horde
>plays a midget manlet
>not even trips can save this zozzle
>>
File: fedora swag.webm (696KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
fedora swag.webm
696KB, 480x270px
>>60018108
muh nigga

>>60018110
>The sword is metaphoric
According to whom? Because the Holy Roman Catholic Church didn't think it was symbolic when they used it to justify the Crusades.
>>
>>60018046

Middle East is STILL in the Dark Ages.

Tell me, Jamal, how is it that the Middle East was the top world power for a thousand years, only to be exceeded by Western Christian civilization in the course of a few hundred?

They had completely different policies in how they treat intellectuals in their society.
>>
>>60018092
The Japanese are similar to your point of view which is why I compared you to them.
>>
>>60018181
>Middle East is STILL in the Dark Ages.
The Middle Easy is ruled by an Abrahamic religion.
The West is not - we are not entirely ruled by an Abrahamic religion (Christianity), however, it will come to that if you consider our laws are already being dictated according to the teachings of the Bible. If you disagree...please explain why gay marriage was and is still banned in many states if not for Christians manipulating our laws. And...go!

>>60018195
>The Japanese
Filthy weaboo
>>
>>60018168

>According to whom?

According to Jesus, who even goes on to explain how the sword is to be interpreted. You know, the parts you willfully omitted.

I love how niggers always act like the Crusades are something Christians should be ashamed of, despite the fact that Muslims had been fucking with them forever.
>>
>>60018168
According to modern church doctrine you mongoloid. No catholic priest would preach today that we gotta take the sword to the non believers.
>>
>>60018283
>According to Jesus, who even goes on to explain how the sword is to be interpreted.
>You know, the parts you willfully omitted.

Heres the entirety of the verse. Please show us all where Jesus says anything about symbolic :) Thanks.

>>60018294
Of course they wouldnt because the Church no longer has power. It wasnt long ago, when the Church WAS in power, that priests did teach this. Fuck...POPES taught it you uneducated twat. How can you be so ill-informed on this topic and yet have so many opinions?

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…
>>
>>60018250

>The West is not - we are not entirely ruled by an Abrahamic religion (Christianity)

Because the Papacy and the church are not evil like Muslims collectively are.

If Christianity is inherently as bad as Islam, the governments never would have allowed secularism and we would still be very much like the Middle East due to these policies. You can't deny this, because you know I'm right. You dance around it, but we continually stay pinpointed on this factual truth.

>please explain why gay marriage was and is still banned in many states if not for Christians manipulating our laws.

I'm atheist and I don't believe in gay marriage.
>>
>>60018373
VERSE (my bad)

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW

>>60018383
>I'm atheist and I don't believe in gay marriage.

That doesnt answer what I asked. You ask questions, I answer them without deflecting. If you cant do the same, piss off. Im an adult man and have no interest in immature nonsense. Have the balls to at least answer something directly.
>>
File: dead kike on a stick.jpg (73KB, 450x960px) Image search: [Google]
dead kike on a stick.jpg
73KB, 450x960px
>>60014632
>>
>>60018373

>34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…

So is he saying the sword is to kill your father?

Or is the sword a division between family that might be caused due to love of God?

Hmmm. This is a tough one anon, I'm sure there are some intelligent people out there who might be able to read context clearly.
>>
>>60018373
Matthew 7:12English Standard Version (ESV)

The Golden Rule
12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
>>
>>60014632

The difference in these images is merely that the first explains the context for calling the first Crusade to arms and the second is the botched, moronic military campaign that it was. It was peasants trying to kill Muslims and in the process did exactly what the Muslims had been doing to them for 500 years. The muslims seized Jerusalem only 15 years after the founding of Islam. It remains as it always as: a geopolitical model for statehood under the guise of a sham religion whose main forms of proliferation are violence and suppression. Source: read the Qur'an and Ibn Ishaq's canonical biography of Muhammad. This should be required reading for any libfag who doesn't think Islam at least has the potential for inciting violent extremism.
>>
>>60014414
haha america didnt even exist before 1800s so stop pretending youre a part of anything but your babi country
>>
>>60018447

>That doesnt answer what I asked.

It does though. You don't have to be religious to not agree with homosexuality. It's not as if we cut their hands off for it.

>Have the balls to at least answer something directly.

Have the balls to admit that I've been right all throughout this discussion. You've entirely dropped any contention that Christianity is as bad as Islam, considering you've been so hilariously and entirely annihilated on that front.

So at least have the spine to admit that you were wrong in asserting it is.
>>
>>60018479
you cant use one verse to disprove another.
if you do that, it merely debunks the bible, because youre quite literally disproving what it teaches with what it teaches.

Nice try tho.

>>60018531
I didnt ask if you agree or disagree with homosexuality. I asked, and this is the last time I'll ask:

why was gay marriage legally banned in America, and still is in several state, if not solely because Christian manipulate America politics to fit their own religious agenda? What is the other explanation for this?

Answer that simply and directly or piss off bro. Im too old for kiddie pool shit.
>>
>>60018373
We can all agree Christians have been violent but you're all like "they're just the same as muslims" and you're just plain wrong. Answer me honestly: ever read the catholic new testament? It's a book and you can cherry pick lines too but I've got a more complete understanding than you do, dickcheese.
>>
I can't stand relativists for this exact reason.

>The crusades were the best thing ever!
>The crusades were the worst thing ever!

I bet it is nice to live in a fantasy world where 100% of what you think is 100% correct and everything else is wrong.
>>
>>60018582
Probably took everything you ever read literally. No grasp of English language leads to this.
>>
>>60014729
>>60014835
>>60014985

Autistic crusader role-players unironically defend this.

>shows basic historic facts, literally 5th grade.
>"Wikipedia! It's fake! Muh Pure and Holy Crusader"

Crusader weren't that much better than Muslims.
>>
>>60018592
YOU DONT HAVE TO CONQUER A COUNTRY WITH VIOLENCE IF YOU INFITLRATE THEIR BODIES OF POLITICS. IF CHRISTIANS ARE MAKING LAWS BASED IN THEIR RELIGION...LIKE NOT ALLOWING FAGS TO MARRY...THEN THEY HAVE MORE CONTROL OVER THE COUNTRY THAN THEY WOULD IF THEY TRIED TO CONQUER IT WITH VIOLENCE.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS IM JUST TOO LAZY TO RE-TYPE THAT SHIT.

GOD DAMN YOU'RE RETARDED IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS YET. BUT IM OVER HERE LIKE LOL
>>
>>60018582

>why was gay marriage legally banned in America, and still is in several state, if not solely because Christian manipulate America politics to fit their own religious agenda? What is the other explanation for this?

Again, since you're so clearly retarded, you don't have to be religious to not agree with homosexuality. You have no proof that Christianity was the reason behind gay marriage being banned, but even if it were; is this somehow parallel to throwing gays off roofs in the middle east?

You are so short of arguments you might as well just kill yourself. You're backed into a corner with nowhere left to go. You might want to find some other desperate straw to clutch before the sanctuary of your own ignorance collapses out from underneath you.

Debating you has been like boxing a small child. 2ez
>>
>>60018644

CAPS LOCKS IS CRUSE CONTROL FOR COOL
>>
File: evolution of beta.jpg (1MB, 4954x2447px) Image search: [Google]
evolution of beta.jpg
1MB, 4954x2447px
>>60018669
ID filtered. Thats three times you dodged my question. Into the garbage you go.

>>60018685
pic unrelated
>>
>>60015035
No you gtfo go back to your tumblr/Reddit hug box and leave us the fuck alone. We get bombarded with this SJW bullshit everyday, you coming here and spouting off more of that bullshit isn't going to turn any one around to fight for your cause. Your trash and on the day of the rope your body will be burned with the rest of the faggots, kikes, mudslimes, and niggers.
>>
File: 1428247525191.jpg (528KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1428247525191.jpg
528KB, 1920x1080px
>>60015224
Woah there. I almost cut myself on that edge.
>>
>Americans talking about the crusades

Highly embarassing
>>
>>60018638

>Crusader weren't that much better than Muslims.

Most people who lash out against their oppressors do tend to turn out just like them. It's a dangerous quagmire.

I don't want to absolve the entirety of that guilt but its easily understood why that tends to happen.
>>
>>60018644
I like living in this christian country. It's great so you can get out to athiestland if you don't like it. God Bless American. Don't go over to syria they would execute you there.
>>
>>60017542
>Muh reddit
>>
>>60018712
>waaah your facts are undeniable! better tell you to go to tumblr and call you an SJW!

The mentality of /pol/, ladies and gents

>>60018723
see above, Schlomo

>>60018759
>I like living in this christian country
You just justified everything I've been saying the past hour. Thanks!
>>
>>60014414
the jew run public school system teaches white guilt instead of history
>>
>>60018708

>lose a debate so hard you have to filter IDs to avoid being told
>>
>>60018708

Stay mad and stupid, nigger.
>>
>>60018817
feel free to debate.
i hear theres a trap thread on /b/ youre missing tho..
>>
>>60016607
>then you're biased. Islam is nothing more than a mixture of Judaism and Christianity. Throw in some Iranian Paganism and voila! Islam. The shit in the Quran is the same shit in the Bible. As for today's Christians...they dont NEED to behead people. They are in our Government. They make laws based in their beliefs rather than what is good for the people. You dont NEED to conquer a nation when you can just manipulate its laws to benefit your own class of people. Do you really need examples of this? So dont tell me Christians are better than Muslims - theyre just more devious and crafty.

This! In the good times before Christianity established it self as a political state here, burning all hofs, making trælls out of people both by church and the new christian-roman court we still have to day....

In the old court systems, if a new law was to be introduced ALL had to agree. And it was meant as a mean to resolve conflicts between parts, not to just jew money out trælls that did not adhere to the laws, now formed by the church and state. IE a king could not just make a law, it had be approved by all people on the annual thing.

The lullest is when people today is saying that shitslam is not just a religion, but a political system. look in the mirror christians, and read yer history. Get the state the hell out of my country.
>>
>>60018744

I apologize for the ignorance of our unruly blacks, dad. But lets be real, we both should have done what the arabs did and cut their dicks off before they came over here so these people would be non-issue today.
>>
>>60018781
You've demonstrated a lack of understanding of the entire history of Christianity, the Western World, and that you are quite possibly from that athiest board on reddit.
>>
>>60018708

This pic, while good in it's intentions, is too simplistic.
>>
File: carl.jpg (254KB, 800x419px) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
254KB, 800x419px
>>60018846
Hell yeah Norway! Return of the Old Gods!

I don't care what anyone believes in, permitted their beliefs do not dictate what I am legally allowed and not allowed to do.

I like you Norway
>>
>>60018846

>The lullest is when people today is saying that shitslam is not just a religion, but a political system. look in the mirror christians, and read yer history. Get the state the hell out of my country.

Christianity isn't a political system today though.

In fact it has existed longer than Islam, and been a political system for a shorter time than Islam.
>>
>>60018912
>I don't care what anyone believes in, permitted their beliefs do not dictate what I am legally allowed and not allowed to do.

Do we have a term for this concept besides secularism?
>>
File: 1450934874960.jpg (57KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450934874960.jpg
57KB, 478x720px
Alright. I'm off. Heres the archive if you need these arguments to blow future Christians the fuck out.

>https://archive.is/Xhsqv
>>
>>60018953
FREEDOM.

'murica!

Have a good night, turkbro
>>
>>60018993

I'm pretty sure you didn't blow anything but your own father tonight, kid. You even groveled and submitted your inferiority by backing out from an argument you couldn't win.

Stay told.
>>
>>60019027
night burgerbro.
>>
>>60018846
Like there was a significant cultural difference between Christians and your ancient peoples...
>>
>>60019049

If you can't see how throwing gay's off roofs and denying gay marriage are the same thing then maybe you have some growing up to do
(What Islam apologists really believe)
>>
>>60018993
If your so manly and fearless go join the army then faggot.
>>
>>60018993
You did absolutely nothing and are seriously delusional if you think a Christian political system exists in the US similar to Islamic systems in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Good job.
>>
>>60018993
Kek peace all you have expressed is that you're a Christian hating athiest who wants to equate modern Christianity to modern Islam. Then you were proven wrong and went to bed.
>>
>>60019162
>http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35219127
It would be if your crazy evangelicals were a larger percentage of your population.

Don't assume for a second that the religious ones wouldn't overstep their boundaries if they had the majority backing them.
>>
>>60019329
Link has nothing to do with it sorry mates.
>>
the british royal family rules the world because they use people willing to fight for them, why would anyone fight for people other than themselves? if i'm to protect my country i'll do it on my own soil. seriously if the whole world came together and took out the royal cucks and redistributed the wealth we usher in a golden age. we teach the darker skinned people to farm for us and we'll make technology, segregate but also help one another, sounds like an easily achievable balance of humankind.
>>
>>60017475
Do you have nothing better to do then to bait lowly polacks?
>>
Here's another thing edgy Reddit atheists can do:

Name countries that have implemented Sharia law or parts of it.

Then name any countries that have implemented direct Christian religious law.
>>
>>60019329
Turkey isn't a model of religious or cultural freedom.
>>
>>60019432
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Clearly talking about US.
>>
>>60018638

>first part is talking about the first crusade
>second account talks about a bunch of other shit

Please say you realize this
>>
>>60019329

If you twist it around a little then yeah, they're the same.

If all Christians were illiterate third-world savages who will stone you to death for owning a telescope then yeah the West would be a destitute shit-hole just like the cradle of Islam.

I don't see what these fairy-tale fiction fantasies have to do with reality though.

You could also say if all Christians were a hybrid of organic life and technology that they are literally as bad as the Borg.
>>
>>60019466
Well your argument is moot the evangelical Christians don't control the US and live acording to the laws of the land. If the majority here were any one religion of it would be reflected in our politics but the country made laws to separate church and state
>>
>>60019558

Well I'd think the religious were a majority even when our laws were made. I don't think it's about majority rule in religion so much as majority agreement on objective morality, so.thing Muslim's are intellectually incapable of conceiving.
>>
>>60018912
>I don't care what anyone believes in, permitted their beliefs do not dictate what I am legally allowed and not allowed to do

Exactly! People don't get how fucking enslaved we are by this in most countries. You are by far better of than us though(many fled to vestheim as you are aware of)
The foul stench of Christian fundamentalism and it's intolerance, punishments are still the rot of the state. The politicians & bigcorps are the new nobility, and the once free people are all trælls (slaves*)
>>
>>60018119
top bur faggot
>>
>>60018993
>>60018993
The reason us atheists enjoy such a shit reputation is because of people like you who just hold a grudge over being forced to go to Sunday Mass.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>60014414
People on /pol/ only care about the pass to bolster their self fellating "muh heritage" crap, not like they actually have any appreciation, just need ammo to feel like less of a subhuman by latching onto things they never accomplished.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.