[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blindly accepting transgenderism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: fuckyou.png (216KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.png
216KB, 600x338px
Welp, I got kicked out of my last friend circle. Within three weeks - with the help of a 'psychologist' - my best friend of ten years discovered "he was actually a woman." I questioned the validity of this and got immediately disowned. "YOU'RE IGNORING SCIENCE!"

I'm not saying that some legit transgender people exist, but what does /pol/ think about everyone having to forcibly conform/accept transgenderism as a culture? Everyone knows a sex change is biologically impossible, so why does everyone have to be 'sensitive' and change their pronoun usage to avoid getting fired for harassment?

I hope my friend will be the best damn defensive lineman the local all-woman's football team has ever seen.

What are your opinions? Am I just a huge bigot asshole?
>>
You're not a bigot bro, but you have to remember to hide your power level.

I've made alot of people mad by blurting out my edgy opinions, when hindsight makes me kinda regret doing so. It hardly ever changes things and just brings a victim complex to those who you offend.

To me, the best approach is to be silent, listen to their thought process, their arguing points and study the subject. Then when you have a good understanding of the subject, find all the major flaws. Understand both sides of the argument, and then, while still being a friend, place small pieces of doubt. Ask damning questions and control the conversation. Being overtly abrasive just pushes people away.
>>
>>41586839

I was trying :(

I asked for some time away from all of this so I could think, but I was aggressively pressed on it over and over again. I was told how I was unable "to support [them] on just one thing" and how I "abandoned [them] as soon as they told me" - after three weeks of this shit I got pushed too far and told them what I really thought.

Once that was said I was immediately cut off.

I mean, I am not whining about it (anymore), but letting you know how it all went down.

This person was extremely narcissistic and inflexible with opinions any ways, so their response to opposing viewpoints has always been to shut completely down.

...but thanks for the reply. I will take this into account the next time I am forced to be in the company of a transgender person.
>>
File: 1418075630552.png (4KB, 368x376px) Image search: [Google]
1418075630552.png
4KB, 368x376px
>hide your power level
Yes, goy. Just pretend to be a degenerate and degenerates will like you.
>>
Currently the transitioning is pretty much the only thing that is likely to have them not kill themselves. It is the only treatment that seems to work. And even then, your friend is very likely to off herself soon. You also don't need to remind her that she'll never be truly a woman: no one knows it better than herself.

Still, this is just her treatment. You don't have to fuck her and you don't even have to be friends, but would it hurt you so much to just be nice and polite?

Whether it is a mental illness or something more physical as people like to imply is irrelevant. This is currently the BEST treatment we have available. There are really no other options: transition or die.
>>
>>41587966
Shut the fuck up, tranny.
>>
>>41587966

*rubs forehead* Man I have known this person for ten years. They decided - literally within three weeks - that they were a woman. The reason given was "my psychologist told me this would make my depression and anxiety go away"

I had suggested traditional treatments for anxiety and depression for years. I mean, if this works for them, then fantastic. I am pretty sure they are delusional as they think they "can pass as a woman already" because dudes jerking to him have told him that. He is built like a tank, ~300 lbs and the bone structure of a linebacker.

I *was being polite* and trying to process the information. It wasn't until I was texted about it every three hours, every day, for three weeks until I told them the truth.

I'm not arguing with you though - if this will make my ex-friend happy, then I am 100% supportive of it. However, after knowing my friend and the things they said when they were black-out drunk, I am about 90% sure they have massive childhood development issues instead.
>>
>>41587966
>her

Hes better off killing himself
>>
>>41588133
>I'm 100% supportive of letting the mentally ill do whatever they want
Will you let me stab you in the chest 15 times? You are a hypocrite if you don't.
>>
depends really, i mean if they're your friend just do what they want you to even if you're like "ok whatever m8".
A buddy of mine had a name change and I respected it and called him by his new name, one just kept calling him by his old one and he told him nicely to not do that, eventually they weren't friends anymore. Kinda similar thing, just kinda avoid this shit, there's no point in keeping the confrontation going, either avoid bringing it up or just stop talking to them.

As far as a "psychologist" goes, my sister's 2/4 year old kids are pos crybabies, I try to give them simple time out and she says not to do it because it psychologically scars them. It's bullshit, if anything tell them to get 2nd opinion cuz fuck these niggas seem to not contradict you to get more money out of you or something.
Sometimes there's no helping people, just try to do what you can before it's too late.
>>
>>41588133
Well, the psychologist disagreed. Maybe he was wrong, maybe he was right.

Just so you know, the way the world works, it's very normal for LGBT people to repress themselves so deeply that they can even trick themselves for most of their lives. After figuring it out and looking back they'll see all the tiny signs, but there will still be a lot of overcompensating before they get to that point.

If you don't think your friend can pass, this is even worse, though. This whole discussion is unimportant as she'll soon be dead.
>>
>>41588269
>This whole discussion is unimportant as he'll soon be dead.
Thank God for that.
>>
>>41588204

Well I am trying to sugar coat this thread to not sound like a bigot. I've never been supporting of the transgender industry. I know how it preys on the mentally ill and spits out suicidal people with disfigured bodies.

However - one girl I knew who had a problem producing estrogen, and who become violently ill from estrogen injections, actually got a lot better when they transitioned to a "man"

I'm just not keen on the forced cultural acceptance being jammed down my throat by the trans-community in general.

>>41588215

Well I mean, this is all after the fast. The person in my OP dropped me within 10 minutes of me telling them my P O V on the situation. Like blocked on all IM, email, etc... So obviously I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Just dealing with the fallout from the situation, as that was literally my ONE circle of friends.
>>
>>41588353

**after the fact
>>
How can feminists accept trans-genders?
It is sexist to say that there are differences between men and women other than their sex.
>>
>>41588353
>trying to not sound like a bigot
>on /pol/
I sincerely hope every tranny, fag and queer on the face on the planet hangs from a tree or burns in a ditch.

You're a faggot and you need to get out.
>>
>>41588269

Yeah they already attempted suicide waaaay before this shit happened. They were admitted to an institution, etc, etc....

On a side note, why is it "LGBT" and not "LGB" and "T" ?

Why does gender identification blob into sexual identification?
>>
File: Plastic-bottles.jpg (198KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic-bottles.jpg
198KB, 1440x960px
OP, it's your fault, because you didn't prevent him from drinking from plastic bottles. Now he's filled with estrogen and mentally retarded.
>>
File: lolwut.gif (400KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.gif
400KB, 400x300px
>>41588410

Haha, well this is my first time on /pol/ man. I have to fancifully dance around things like this IRL because people are all LOVE and TOLERANCE and UNDERSTANDING. I will stop sugarcoating if it makes /pol/ this butthurt. My city is host to a lot of trans people, and have a TV show about it, etc etc, so I have to tread lightly
>>
>>41588353
ayy lmao, well depending on your ideals then it's up to you. i knew some dude with similar stats to you that became a "girl" and all that shit, i didn't know him like a close friend but i was like whatever when i would see him at some places, never brought up gender since no sense in confronting these loony niggas. There's no point, you already lost, unless you want to be their friend just make some contact eventually but they're fucked or "relieved" based on whatever your point of view is man.
>>
>>41588487
No, you don't need to tread lightly, you don't need to "hide your power level", you don't need to try to be nice.

You need to start calling these people out on their bullshit.
>>
>>41586385

It was likely for the best.

Now you can find new friends who aren't mental patients.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 366x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 366x484px
>>41586385
You'll find new, less brainwashed friends. I've been doing slot of research on this subject lately by talking to a lot of pre/post OP trannies,

The bottom line is they have a mental disorder. They THINK surgery/hormones is an acceptable treatment based on "it's the best treatment available right now".

The fact is these people just need to accept they are whatever gender they were born as or they will never be happy. I used to look down on them. Now I pity them. Sex change operations are just an extreme for of denial that does more harm than good.
>>
>>41586385
I weep for transexual people because I think it's disgusting that we are treating a serious mental illness by indulging these people in their delusions.

I know pol probably won't disagree with me, but it makes my head hurt thinking there are people out there who are being advised to hack off their dick because they feel they are a woman trapped in a man's body. How cann you, in good conscience, encourage someone to horribly mutilate themselves as treatment for a disorder?
>>
>Everyone knows a sex change is biologically impossible

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2190741/
>Report of Fertility in a Woman with a Predominantly 46,XY Karyotype in a Family with Multiple Disorders of Sexual Development

>http://umnews.ur.umn.edu/news/features/2011/UR_CONTENT_346326.html
>Researchers have found that certain genes are needed not only to make, but to keep organisms male or female.

>http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2814%2960542-0/fulltext
>Vaginal organs, engineered from the patient's own cells and implanted, showed normal structural and functional variables with a follow-up of up to 8 years. These technologies could be useful in patients requiring vaginal reconstruction.

>http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282%2814%2900177-0/abstract
>The results demonstrate the feasibility of live-donor UTx with a low-dose immunosuppressive protocol.

>http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142961212013312
>Engineered multilayer ovarian tissue that secretes sex steroids and peptide hormones in response to gonadotropins

>http://www.fasebj.org/content/27/6/2175
>Thus, oocyte-derived R-spondin2 is a paracrine factor essential for primary follicle development, and R-spondin agonists could provide a new treatment regimen for infertile women with low responses to the traditional gonadotropin therapy.

At some point in the future, it's all going to come together.
>>
File: 1421992748557.png (2MB, 1272x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1421992748557.png
2MB, 1272x1124px
>>41586385
ONE OF US
>>
>>41588829
>At some point in the future, it's all going to fall apart
FTFY
>>
I think its just a sexual fetish.
They want to be fucked like a girl.

Its the natural social progression for "bottom" homosexuals.
>>
>>41588829

True. Also in some point in the future, furries will be able to get fur-surgeries and become actual furries.

The future is truly doomed.
>>
>>41586385
Proof that gender is not socially constituted and that the sjw doctor hid the evidence

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
>>
OP here; thanks for everyone validating my opinions, as people irl are fucking delusional and were making me question my ideals
>>
>>41589030

Of your story is true then I'm sorry, but glad you've joined us... ONE OF US
>>
Watch Kimber James Goes Deep on YouTube by kassemg

She/it is almost crying the way he treats her lmao
>>
>>41586385
The only truly transgender people are intersex, i.e., have physical characteristics of male and female, caused by chromosomal abnormality or hormone insensitivity. Anyone else who says they're transgender (the majority) has a delusional psychological disorder believing they are trapped in the wrong body and/or are perverts. There is simply no basis; you either have a male brain or a female brain.
>>
Honestly, if this was a legitimate issue your friend should have been prepared to deal with his friends questioning this change. If he's too shallow to accept that it takes a while for people to accept this he didn't really sound like a friend worth having.
>>
>>41590823

Yep! They are very shallow. I was pretty naive before, and become very dependent on my friends in regards to my emotions and self-worth. This whole situation has actually helped me grow a lot, and start to actually see flaws in people instead of blindly going along with things.
>>
>>41588423

It doesn't, they're just were similarly shat on for a long time and homosexuals essentially already had a beach head from which transexuals could campaign. I suppose it's the literal definition of a slippery slope.
>>
>>41586385
If I went around claiming to be Henry V, people would put me in a padded room, transgender ought to be handled likewise.
>>
>>41587966
Statistically post-op increases suicide rate even more.
There's no reason a doc should ever perform surgery as there's literally no medical benefit for chopping your junk off.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-11-13-17h19m04s160.png (73KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-11-13-17h19m04s160.png
73KB, 490x360px
You're not a bigot. people are just too sensitive these days. Tumblr and sjws are ruining people by making everyone acceptant of their degeneracy.
>>
>The joke is that one person ran to their hugbox, and the other ran to his.
>>
File: 1383779857606.png (211KB, 356x600px) Image search: [Google]
1383779857606.png
211KB, 356x600px
>>41594722
And that's ok.
>>
File: 1422475981249.png (144KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422475981249.png
144KB, 500x326px
>>41586385

That sucks. Personally, I'd hate it if someone I knew for a long time came to me and said they were gonna mutilate themselves and take a bunch of hormones because their shrink told them to do it. I'm sure I wouldn't associate with them anymore, of my own volition, of course. How they would judge my reaction would probably lead them into not willingly associating with me.

The fact of the matter is - you're a born a man or a woman. You know this. I know this. Most sane people understand you're one or the other. But then, there are people who are just off, you know? You meet crazies in the street, and they talk to themselves or they do drugs or something that you're not particularly interested in that makes you prefer to keep your distance. They just express it sexually instead. I'm too vanilla for most of this shit, and a lot of it revolts me. I was definitely revolted when somebody posted a gif of a timelapse of an MtF surgery. That... is horrifying. Frankly, anyone who would do that to themselves has a problem. I'd put it in the same vein as people who mutilate. Probably explains the suicidal thing, too...

If you can save your friend from making a very devastating mistake, do so, but seeing as how he disavows ever knowing you at this point, I'd shrug it off and keep moving forward. Nah, you're not an asshole. You expressed concern for somebody you knew for a very long time, but they're far gone into fantasy land, probably led there by their shrink.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.