[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think about prison? I'm giving a persuasive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

File: moremoneyonpunishment.jpg (19KB, 445x322px) Image search: [Google]
moremoneyonpunishment.jpg
19KB, 445x322px
What does /pol/ think about prison?
I'm giving a persuasive speech in a few weeks and I'm going to do it on the failure of the punishment system known as prison and that rehabilitating criminals is a far better alternative to the cycle of prison.

Opinions?
>>
Its a shame we don't sterilize our worst criminals.
>>
>>38083117
I think GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>38083117
you cant rehabilitate scum anon. the only reasonable answer to the criminal question is televised blood sport
>>
>>38083117
You're right, but prison isn't designed to do any good, it's designed to make money. In that sense, the prison system is a great success.
>>
>>38083117
When you do somethi bad you deserved to be punished.

Rehabilitation is not punishment.

If someone shoots my family, or steals my car, or mugs my mother, the last thing I want is for them to simply be "rehabilitated" like they have a drinking problem.

I want the book thrown at them and I want them locked up on bread and water so that they can think about the stupid life choices they decided to make. Justice is served.
>>
Higher education money is spent on whites and azns and prison money is spent on niggers
These are not comparable.
>>
>>38083344
Yeah Jamal committing rape, murder and robbery is such a money maker, how dare society keep these gentile giants off the streets.
>>
>>38083397
Not only this, but as population grows and grows, so does the criminal population. As shitty cultures that revolve around bad things grows, so does the criminal population.

As the criminal population grows, the corrections needs to grow in order to handle the threat.
>>
How to fix prison:

If prisoners want to work, let them, and pay them federal minimum wage. They get ten percent of the money to spend on stuff in prison, and all of the rest when they're released.

Any prison that has prisoners on the waiting list for work has to pay a fine until they find something for them to do. And there should be no way to fine prisoners, no matter what they do.
>>
>>38083394
>muh feels
>>
>>38083394
So you're wasting my tax dollars because MUH FEELINGS? Prison should be about reducing crime efficiently; if rehabilitation does that better/quicker/cheaper than punishment, then we should be rehabilitating. Likewise if the opposite is true. Letting the victim decide the punishment is what gets you shit like cutting the hands off of thieves.
>>
>>38083397
It's comparable for the poor white kids trying to go to school but being forced to spend $1200 a year on textbooks and another $10000 every year for school.

Those are just tuition and books.
Not even counting food, rent, transportation, etc.
We need to stop funding prisons full of drug addicts, get them help, and help them become productive members of society.

How exactly is punishing someone who is punishing themselves logical?
"Let's throw John Smith, the drug addict, into prison with more gangs and more drugs, let's release him a convicted felon so he has an almost 0 chance of finding suitable employment .

How does this make sense to anyone?
>>
>>38083394
Until he gets out, hardened from the prison environment, unable to re-integrate with society, unable to get any kind of job, probably still has the undiagnosed and untreated mental health issues he always had, and just ends up being a criminal again. Rinse and repeat.

>Justice is served.
Sounds more like revenge to me. Makes ya feel good, but isn't a rational response.
>>
>>38083550
I know excon felons who have jobs, fuck off nigger.
>>
>>38083635

Then you would be willing to tell prospective employers that you spent time in prison?
>>
>>38083550
I agree with you on drug charges, however violent offenders need to be punished. Drug users can be rehabilitated, violent criminals often cannot.
>>
>>38083635
I know white males with masters degrees and felony drug convictions working at Staples.
>>
>>38083712
But that would be lying, I haven't.
>>
>>38083117
As someone who did 5 years in a US prison I will say this:(forging prescriptions for drugs b4 you ask)

There ARE people who belong in there... they are nasty, nasty people who can't in2society... EVER.
There is no rehabilitating them.

There is something I noticed with them though... they (95% of the time) were in there for VIOLENT or PROPERTY crimes. (Assault, Rape {the real kind}, Robbery.

I believe THOSE people (I use the word "people" very loosely as a large majority of those crimes are committed by blacks) deserve to be in prison. They are who prison was originally designed for.

There are a lot of normal, otherwise totally cool people in prison... as a matter of fact, they make up the majority.

Sadly though, a lot of them get pretty fucked up after being in there for a ew years because it is really stressful living with hundreds of violent niggers in close proximity while taking orders every day from powertripping mall-cop rejects.

Only violent, interpersonal/property crimes should require prison.
>>
>>38083117
>What does /pol/ think about prison?
Too soft.

>I'm giving a persuasive speech in a few weeks and I'm going to do it on the failure of the punishment system known as prison and that rehabilitating criminals is a far better alternative to the cycle of prison.
Rehabilitation is spitting on the grave of a murder victim.

Criminals should be forced to work 14 hours a day to pay for their prison costs. Should have the shittiest food that will still keep them alive, should drink from the common toilet, and misbehaviour should be punished with torture during the non work hours.
>>
>>38083768
>take non violent offenders
>group them in with niggers who murder, rape, extort, and sell drugs
>act surprised when they come out tat'd up criminals and get sent back to prison
>proceed to spend tax money on them to drug deal in prison and force kids into $50k of debt before they're 22

fucking murica
>>
>>38083117
If we cannot return the monkeys to their natural habitat, putting them in zoos is the next best thing.
>>
>>38083821
OP here, guess I should have clarified.

When I say "criminals", I mean the non-violent ones.
Especially drug addicts.
>>
>>38083856
>>force kids into $50k of debt before they're 22
Name one person forced to do this.
>>
>>38083738

I mean that, since you think it doesn't make a difference to whether you're hired or not, why not say it?
>>
>>38083897
>using a drug sends you to prison in the united states
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

*tips deliveryman*
>>
>>38083821

So your idea is that once a person commits any crime, society then devotes resources to their lifetime of torture?
>>
>>38083955
Because it's fucking lying on an application you dumb big lipped coon.
>>
>>38083768
prison was made for proflagates like you.
>>
File: degree-employment-chart.gif (25KB, 720x369px) Image search: [Google]
degree-employment-chart.gif
25KB, 720x369px
>>38083937
>>
>>38083956
Yep, the only country that locks up drug users
/sarcasm
>>
>>38083996
No.

They would create those resources themselves. Prison would be a net positive on the state budget.

And depending on the crime, eventually the criminal would be released and maybe even keep a part of the money he made working, enough to start a new life over.
>>
>>38084058
You didn't answer my question, name a single person forced to do it.
>>
>>38084059
Considering we lock up AZ fags for a minimum of 4 months for weed, which is also a felony there, it's kind of retarded.

I don't give a shit about how Europoors do it, we should be focusing on how we can improve it in America
>>
>>38083469

so basic my incentive people to go to prison to get a job well the rest of society has to actually work for a job?

what could go wrong here!

captcha: enforce llonalq
>>
>>38083117

I think people should actually WORK in prison. Prison's should have their own farms, bring back chain gangs. They consider it "cruel and unusual" though, so now we spend way more on correction than we ever had to.
>>
>>38084093
Did you graduate with at least a bachelor's degree, anon?

What is your highest level of education and where are you currently working?
>>
>>38083117

the prison already tries rehabilitation. YOU CAN GET A COLLEGE EDUCAITON FOR FREE IN PRISON! FOR REAL! RAPE OR MURDER SOMEONE, AND YOU GET A FUCKING DEGREE FOR IT!

But you can't tame wild animals, and some people will not ever be civilize. It's that simple.
>>
>>38084137
>offering college educations to people who will be locked up for the rest of their life, or get paroled at 60

How many places do you know that will hire a convicted rapist/murderer who obtained a college degree in a penitentiary?
>>
>>38084129
Stop dodging the question, name a fucking person forced into debt for education.
>>
>>38084059
Well, at least for weed, only African shitholes seem to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country
>>
>>38084186
If you're honestly attempting to trivialize my use of words just because you can't offer any rebuttals, it just proves you're a retard.
>>
File: GG.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
I hate to say it but maybe we do need mo of dem programs to help keep convicts from continuing to be criminals.

Of course for the kiddie diddlers and other scum fucks >>38083311 is the only viable option. George Carlin was a wise man.
>>
>>38084249
I'm not trivializing you use of words, I'm asking you to back them up with evidence you shitposting retard.
>>
>>38084186
Considering when I was in high school and even middle school, I was constantly told by my teachers that I won't make it unless I go to college.

Once I made it to college, I was told that 50% of people drop out of college and still end up making it.

I don't want to be that guy, but it seems to be some huge conspiracy to get kids to commit to a college education they can't afford just to keep filling the pockets of textbook companies, colleges & universities, and the government and corporations handing out loans.
>>
File: 5593899.jpg (39KB, 427x256px) Image search: [Google]
5593899.jpg
39KB, 427x256px
>>38083117

Copfag here, I arrested a nearly legally retarded nigger that had stolen a car to impress his friends. He went to prison and got out, and I recently had to rearrest his ass. When he went to prison he lied about why he was there, lied about being rich and making it in the coke game, he lied about the car he drove, lied about all his bitches, just kept lying and lying, hoping to fake it until he made it, and when we got out he felt obligated to back all his lies up with action, so he beat up his grandma's home health aid for whatever reason because she disrespected him. And as we dragged him off he was yelling about how he'd kill everyone and whatnot and how he knew kung fu.

Stupid people are more susceptible to falling into this lifestyle. The city really has no place for them, all the jobs are taken by people more qualified and smarter than them. They're left out, so they fall into the only lifestyle that offers a chance at having the nice things everyone else has. They go to prison and lie their ass off to impress their new friends, and feel like the only way they can achieve greatness is by out-niggering their peers.
>>
>>38083397
>Implying that millions aren't spent giving scholarships to basketball playing niggers that can barely read and still wont be able to after they graduate.
>>
>>38084335
Oh I'm sorry if you misunderstood my questions were you forced into college?
>>
File: Gh9G1G3.jpg (78KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
Gh9G1G3.jpg
78KB, 680x453px
>>38084379
>implying im that other guy
>>
>>38084340
>The city really has no place for them, all the jobs are taken by people more qualified and smarter than them. They're left out, so they fall into the only lifestyle that offers a chance at having the nice things everyone else has

you do realize that that description applies to cops just the same, right?
>>
>>38084109
Yea that could be a problem Maybe make it half the min wage to prevent people from using prison as the new housing projects.
>>
>>38084407
Then why did you reply to my question about being forced into debt if your weren't.
>>
>>38084340
>nearly legally retarded
>can steal a car
ayy i think you're full of shit
>>
>>38083550
>We need to stop funding prisons full of drug addicts, get them help, and help them become productive members of society.

How do you propose we help someone that does not want to help themselves? You can talk and empathize all you want, but some people simply aren't receptive. If they do listen, as soon as they leave the prison and move back home they're surrounded by the same people, the same environment, the same emotions are triggered and slowly but surely they become the same person they were before.

So now we're not just rehabilitating them, but paying to move them somewhere else and move them along in their new life. Who would want to take the chance on hiring them? Eventually people would realize hiring convicted felons is not worth the risk. You would have to force people to hire them or pay out the ass to have them employed somewhere.
>>
>>38084437
Not him but to be fair, I walk up to the store all the time near my house and almost every time someone leaves their car running with the keys in it but then again there's almost no niggers in my neighborhood.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 800x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 800x774px
>>38084435
Because I was offering my insight into the issue of being "forced"

Stop being such a faggot.
>>
>>38084437
>of

Stole the keys from his friend while he was sleeping, helped him look for his keys for 30 minutes the next morning, and then drove off in front of him anyway when his friend confronted him about it.
>>
>>38084531
>nearly legally retarded
>can drive
I think that's too much of a stretch.
>>
>>38084577
My mother works in a mentally disabled adult group home, they're still capable figuring out an automobile.
>>
>>38084501
Then it won't work?
No rehab program is 100% effective, but it's definitely a better alternative to the farce we have in place now.

Not every drug addict wants to keep using drugs either.
The ones who have been addicted to opiates/opioids and stimulants for years don't even use to get high, they use to ward off withdrawal sickness.
Spending money on drugs to ward off sickness vs spending $10k a month on a rehab facility for 3 months is a lot easier to do.
>>
>>38084414

Absolutely. Most of the cops I know are actually half-way intelligent and could do something else, but none of us would ever design the next space shuttle or discover the unifying force of nature.
>>
>>38084627
Guess I'm the retardest then.

And I had my IQ tested at 154 when I was 13.
>>
>>38084670
really?
i took a free online iq test when i was 9 and i got 194
>>
it hurts to see how some prison cells are more comfortable than my ludicrously expensive 1 room apartment that i have to live in. rehabilitation is all well and good but you still need to make life in prison less comfortable, how else is there gonna be enough incentive to stay out of prison?
>>
>>38083117
Tehabilitation is better than punishment the same way that no one hurting is better than someone hurting.
You'll find very few who disagree, but everyone will still laugh at you because you pretend that implementation is the trivial part of the problem.
>>
>>38084693
Prison isn't as comfortable as people make it out to be.
Sure, you have the metal beds and rimless toilets, but you also have to deal with the fact that they are hundreds of 6'4 300lb niggers with 9 inch dicks attempting to penetrate your asshole and other inmates attempting to extort you into buying things.
Of course, you escape these things by joining a gang. A gang that is blood in, blood out.

It's a lose-lose.
>>
>>38084630

It's a form of self-harm. Some people think "fuck it, I'm fucked anyway" and will continue redefining what rock bottom is in an attempt to reach it. Some figure out they want to live at some point, some don't. It's a lot more complicated than saying they do it to ward of withdrawal sickness.
>>
>>38083599
Implying he wasn't already hardened enough to commit violent crime or a malicious crime against an innocent.
>>
>>38083117

Reliable rehabilitation doesn't exist. You might as well say that the real solution to crime is pixie dust and unicorn rides.
>>
>>38083117
>What does /pol/ think about prison?
A necessary evil to hold those who have proven themselves dangerous to society.

In the US: A building to cram in everyone the government doesn't like, or can't feed otherwise.
Alternative building with the same use: Psych ward.
>>
>>38084858
>implying it isn't
Pixie dust being code for bullets
And unicorn rides being code for electric chair rides
>>
>>38084858
>Reliable rehabilitation doesn't exist.
It must be 100% effective in all cases to be worth it, right?
>>
>>38084761
i have the northern european prisons in mind, because they have already implemented the concept of rehabilitation instead of punishment. rape isnt common and the cells are completely furbished rooms with nice beds, tv and so on. obviously i didnt mean to compare my living situation with high security prisons in the USA.
>>
>>38083117

Serious post here rather than edginess:

I believe in redemption and think that the focus of the correctional system should be:
> 1. Protection of the public
> 2. Rehabilitation of the offender
> 3. Deterrence
> 4. Punishment (if this should be included at all it comes last).

It should be a carrot/stick system.

Upon conviction a prisoner profile should be made on 4 areas:
> Education
> Work
> Behaviour
> Reparations/Restorative justice

They should then be given a min/max sentence. So say a conviction for armed robbery should be 5/10 years (figure just made up for the sake of example).

The prisoner has 5 years they could cut off their sentence if they meet agreed goals in those 4 areas (the five years would generally be split between each goal 25% but would have to be tailored to the prisoner, there's little reason to give an educational goal to a professor who has been convicted of a crime).

Initially a prisoner would be able to cut 50% off their sentence. If they repeat offend the percentage of time they can cut from convictions decreases.

The less one engages with the system to cut their time down the harsher the probation conditions. Anyone who serves the full sentence because they didn't engage should be tagged for at least a year following release.
>>
I think we should go back to banishment.
A form of it any ways.
I'd say crimes with punishment of more than 7 years, warrant a one year of "survival" training and education followed by expulsion from society to a foreign lanĸ.
>>
>>38084761

There's bible gangs that hang together and consist of people simply trying to do their time and better themselves. Joining one isn't as cool as joining a criminal gang though, and you can't tell your homies about it when you get out.
>>
>>38085009
What foreign land would possibly want the criminals of another nation, and what constitution would permit arbitrarily revoking citizenship?
>>
>>38085067

Drop them off in Hawaii. Good luck.
>>
>>38085105
You are now aware there are already people living there.
Like, 1.4 million of them.
>>
>>38084437
You obviously haven't met any legally retarded niggers. They aren't potato retards. More like bix nood retards as in easily confused can barely read constant chimp outs over little shit etc.
>>
>>38084437
Retarded means sub-70 IQ.
You can still very well steal cars with an IQ of 65.
>>
>>38085146

I was thinking of a remote island. Maybe this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouvet_Island
>>
>>38085016
Except God can't protect your virgin asshole from Tyrone.
God can't even protect the assholes of little boys from Priests.
>>
>>38085271
Almost all of that is ice. How are they supposed to survive there?
>>
>>38085305
Why don't we just send them to Australia?
>>
>>38085345
There's people already living there as well, but i"m sure they're so tolerant and accepting they won't mind. And if they do, ohwell, their government by and large took their guns.
>>
>>38084630
I say just give them all the dope they need. They tried heroin maintenance in a few euro countries and it lowered the crime rate significantly. There are plenty of junkies that can become productive if they don't have to worry about getting their next fix constantly. Stim freaks on the other hand i'm more wary of but I suppose that can work too so long as they aren't completely insane and get some sleep every now and then
>>
>>38085305

How indeed?

>>38085288

God can't protect your asshole, but the 6'3" 300 lb nigger that "found Jesus" will. There's a lot more of them than you think. The problem the hood rat negroes and spics run into is they join a criminal prison gang and if you'll end up serving more than 5 years or so they'll ask you to do shit that will usually end up getting you more time or is simply degrading. The answer is to not join a criminal gang while in prison, but these faggots WANT to live that lifestyle.
>>
>>38084973
Yea I would probably get rid of the tv. The last thing you need is prisoners freed from all boredom by the electronic Jew. Keep them stimulated with productive shit and maybe they wont be quite as retarded when they get out.
>>
>>38085422
Part of the problem here is that the prison wards can't guarantee your protection in US prisons. They're too overcrowded and understaffed. You have to join some organization just for self-defense, or you'll eventually be done for.
>>
>>38085465
No, the TV is a good idea. It keeps them occupied while you don't have anything else to do for them. You can't work them 14+ h/day, you know.
>>
>>38085476
This.

If you think the government can protect you from any form of criminal activity that isn't a bunch of disorganized street niggers, you're delusional.
>>
>>38085525
>n
Yea but it also makes them complacent. Give them educational books or something else that isn't as mind numbing. Fuck make the Aryans read Mein Kamp if it gets them some fucking motivation.
>>
>>38085476

You can just as easily join the Bible gang, but it's not cool. Fuck, people think that prison is some rabid shithole and it usually is, but there are ways to "survive" and not everybody is trying to rape your asshole in there. Hollywood and television have skewed the perspective about how prison really is.

They just clump together with people they identify with, other hood rat niggers, and listen to stories about how they fought the police and how they shot that punk bunch talking shit and how much dope they slang. They idolize and worship that behavior.
>>
>>38085650
In 2010, Human Rights Watch estimated that at least 140,000 inmates had been raped while incarcerated.[1] A United States Department of Justice report, Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, states that "In 2011-12, an estimated 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12 months."

The numbers are obviously quite higher than that, but it's still pretty prevalent.
Obviously some people won't admit to being raped by a man in prison and I'm pretty sure most of the people who get raped are passed around to others.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.