[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus explicitly told us right in the Bible that divorce isn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

Jesus explicitly told us right in the Bible that divorce isn't acceptable (Matthew 19:4-9).

Why is divorce legal and socially accepted in modern western society?
>>
>>36541766
The obvious answer would be society is less critical and less religious.

Biblically there are still grounds for a 'divorce'. Or what would be considered in the Church an annulment.
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 264x191px
>>36541766
because stupid anglicans went and had their stupid reformation
>>
File: 1411963849749.png (355KB, 661x721px) Image search: [Google]
1411963849749.png
355KB, 661x721px
>>
because dumb feminists think it is bad if a man beats his wife

because they think the bodily wellbeing of a woman is more important than her spiritual wellbeing

because feminists hate the word of god

remember though that the final hour is near and judgement shall soon be passed upon earth and especially upon feminists
>>
>>36541766
what if your wife gets fat?
>>
>>36541766
unless the partner was sexual immoral
>>
>>36541766
Maybe because there are husbands who beat there wifes and treat them like overall shit.

You christfags are mental.
>>
File: 3410470035_c5a3673ebc_o.jpg (81KB, 670x515px) Image search: [Google]
3410470035_c5a3673ebc_o.jpg
81KB, 670x515px
>>36541766
Christians are notorious for being highly selective and preferential when obeying Biblical law. They tend to want to enforce those laws that either don't affect them or affect someone they don't like, and to ignore those edicts that might interfere with their own fun.
Actual Biblical Christians are very few and far between. %99.9999999999 of them are just churchmen: members of a club who are in it for the social benefits.
>>
File: 1382160923511.jpg (36KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1382160923511.jpg
36KB, 247x247px
It's also said that doing labor on the sabbath is punishable with death.
>>
>>36543141
Not a valid reason.
See
>>36542485

Do you think women are better off burning in hell?
>>
>>36543299
Old 3000 year old culture is not the same as today. Do you think the message of how to live your life in a literal sense applies to the modern day?

It's just a guide to more esoteric things in life, coupled with a historical record.
>>
>>36543411
Matthew 12:1-14 ESV

>At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, “Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath.” He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence, which it was not lawful for him to eat nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the Law how on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath and are guiltless? I tell you, something greater than the temple is here. And if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.” He went on from there and entered their synagogue. And a man was there with a withered hand. And they asked him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”—so that they might accuse him. He said to them, “Which one of you who has a sheep, if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not take hold of it and lift it out? Of how much more value is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And the man stretched it out, and it was restored, healthy like the other. But the Pharisees went out and conspired against him, how to destroy him.
>>
>>36541766

In Islamic civilizations, there is rarely a separation between religion and state laws, whereas in Christian civilization (especially within the past few hundred years) there has been a wall between religion and secular laws. Regardless of whether divorce is legal in a society or not, it is still wrong from the Christian perspective.
>>
>>36543549

So you're obviously on the side of woman beaters.

You stupid nigger.
>>
>>36543299
>bible

No, that's the Torah. Good try though.
>>
File: model george.jpg (424KB, 862x2184px) Image search: [Google]
model george.jpg
424KB, 862x2184px
>>36543299
>Leviticus
>>
>>36543767
I'm on the side of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
We live in a secular society. I know that might blow your little mind; but, deal with it.
>>
>>36543867

People like you are the reason people go on shooting sprees.
>>
File: Jesus%20vs.%20Jeezus.jpg (365KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus%20vs.%20Jeezus.jpg
365KB, 1000x1409px
>>36543794
>Leviticus
The old joke is that American Christian fundies view the Bible as being Leviticus, Revelation and that's about it. it's funny because it's somewhat true. So let's review the ways that these wackadoodle church-ladies defy the very same book of laws they want brought down like a hammer on those they don't like.
Oh, and while Leviticus does demand death for "sodomites", it also demands death for adulterers/adulteresses and disobedient sons, among some others. We don't hear the fire-and-brimstone preachers bellowing about THAT edict, do we?
The Bible is like Psychology in that what the Right thinks is its greatest weapon, is in-fact a tremendous weapon against the fanatics themselves. "Homosexuality/liberalism is a mental disorder." Go and run the behavior of the religious/social conservative through a standard psyche profile. Clinically speaking, they're batshit crazy.
>>
File: 1398141223753.jpg (33KB, 252x395px) Image search: [Google]
1398141223753.jpg
33KB, 252x395px
>>36543867
>I'm on the side of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Are you sure? it's a long row to hoe...
>>
>>36543924

Yeah, Christfags are regressive and it upsets young men when they see a stagnant world of feminist, scummy kikes, christfags and more.
>>
>>36543924
People like you are the reason peoplego on shopping sprees.
>>
>>36543767
>wanting to save women from.eternal hellfire means you hate women
wow anon you are literally retarded
>>
>>36544281
I agree with that stuff and his stuff on divorce etc. What's the problem?
>>
File: Christians_vs_Protestants.jpg (2MB, 1845x2331px) Image search: [Google]
Christians_vs_Protestants.jpg
2MB, 1845x2331px
>>36541766
Because Protestants.
>>
>>36541766
Christianity also values the household, condemns adultery and philanderers. Guess what feminism values? Drift from religious values and enjoy hiv and alimony payments and childsupport for kids that arent yours
>>
>>36541766
Actually what we are seeing is kind of biblical just look at 1 Corinthians 7

>10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
>>
All Sin is equal.
>>
>>36545268
Shouldn't you be praying to an idol of a woman 53 times and putting more shekels into the pockets of an old man who thinks he can take the place of Jesus on earth.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.