[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the end?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

Last night I was literally shaking with anxiety on my couch before bed. I've followed current events long before I ever came to /pol/, and I've always been aware that humanity in its current state can't exist forever, but it really seems like we're at the end of the line these days. Ebola? ISIS? I'm an americlap living, working, and going to school in a densely populated city, and at this point, I'm living damn near every day in fear. Do any other anons feel the same? Is this actually the end, or has it always been like this?
>>
/pol/ is always wrong
>>
>>35690756
You take that back you dirty nigger.
>>
>>35690756
Regardless of /pol/ being wrong or right, things like Ebola seem like they have the potential to totally fuck us.
>>
yep we're all gonna die
>>
some guy with serious credentials says the economy will crash sometime in march next year citing the actual misery index. not sure why he would just say that for no good reason.
>>
>>35690848
I doubt ebola will even reach any 1st world country.
>>
>>35690725
>always been like this?
>>
>>35691122
Even if it doesn't go fully airborne, the long incubation period makes me think it'll only take one person infected in an airport to kick off something major.
>>
>>35690725
The only time to worry is when /pol/ won't celebrate an happening. The day /pol/ will stop celebrate an happening is the day a significant portion of the board will be directly affected by an happening. This day it will be the good time to worry. Until then there's absolutely nothing to fear.
>>
File: 1388622702436.jpg (356KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388622702436.jpg
356KB, 800x600px
>>35691219
Don't tease my imagination.
>>
>>35691261
But....what about the happenings that happen suddenly?!
>>
>>35691270
Man...I don't even think I need to at this point.

Fuck. Give me nuclear annihilation, economic crash...just not pestilence. I don't want to go out that way.
>>
>ISIS is a threat
>Ebola is a threat

Cmon man. ISIS is just your government trying to persuade your population for another middle east vacation
>>
>>35691718
I don't think that is that outlandish of an idea, but I also think a bombing/attack of some sort in a major metropolitan area is also not that far out of the question.
>>
>>35691396
If it happens suddenly then /pol doesn't have time to celebrate.
>>
>>35690725
Yes! Good fucking goy, fear is justified.
>>
>>35691718
Keep thinking Terrorism is a legitimate threat so your government can keep taking away your rights
>>
>>35691899
OP here. I don't think "THE JEWS" are just an ebin meme, but at least tell me why I shouldn't be afraid.

ISIS? Sure, I don't think the notion that they are a puppet is that crazy. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they carried out 'attacks' of some sort in America.

Ebola? How is this a Jewish conspiracy? To sell vaccines? Okay, I'll give you that pharmaceuticals are Jewish as fuck. But I'd take the literal Jewish pill if it meant I didn't shit out my guts.
>>
>>35691988
I don't think that we should live in fear of terrorists, or let them function as a justification for the further stripping of our rights, but are you seriously suggesting that we aren't net MORE at risk of being attacked since the inception of ISIS?
>>
>>35690725

This is how it's always been throughout the entirety of our history. The Fall of the Roman Empire, the Dark Ages, bubonic plague, the great famine, Napoleonic wars, World War I, World War II, Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis.

The only relative calm came after the collapse of the Soviet Union in modern times. You were born into a pretty peaceful and gentle time. Things are heating back up however, welcome to life lol.
>>
>>35692201
You're right. As a child of the 90s I've only known a plush American lifestyle with no real hardship or strife. Our teachers taught us we should be living in a nice multicultural utopia by now!!!!!
>>
File: Kitchen Knife.jpg (188KB, 640x806px) Image search: [Google]
Kitchen Knife.jpg
188KB, 640x806px
>>35692290

Haha, that's not the way of things. Sure the world has become more comfortable, but it hasn't become more gentle. You're just on the good end of the stick. Don't worry about dying, we all die lol. Why live your life in fear?
>>
>>35690725
>Last night I was literally shaking with anxiety on my couch before bed.

Someone who is mentally ill posts on /pol/, is anyone surprised?
>>
>>35692429
I don't know, man. I ask myself the same thing. Why worry about things I can't control? I guess it's because I'm young, successful, and I have plans for the future. I should just be thankful for everything I've done and experienced at this point. Thanks anon.
>>
>>35692055
Never fear, people are easier to control when they are scared. Big daddy government will take care of the monsters.
>>
>>35692534
The older I get and the more I learn about the world, the less likely it seems that there is anyone in control.

That being said, I don't deny your statement.
>>
>>35692492
I'm a hypochondriac and germophobe. I don't think that counts as mental illness but I'll give it to you either way.
>>
>>35690725
>has it always been like this?

yeah pretty much has don't worry so much about it anon.
>>
>>35692611

>the older I get and the more I learn about the world, the less likely it seems anyone is in control.

Spot on, it's exactly how I feel. Sometimes I think it would be more comforting if the illerminaty were in control hahaha
>>
File: 1391488363293s.jpg (13KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1391488363293s.jpg
13KB, 250x242px
>>35690725
Sometimes you gotta step back from /pol/ and just look around yourself to ground the anxiety.

It sounds like you're paranoid and anxious, so this isn't a good site for you.

>Ebola? ISIS?

These are drops in the bucket, I bet you couldn't find me a single year dating far back as records go where stuff like this, and more, wasn't happening.

This is just how the world operates, we just have easy access to all the info on current habbenings
>>
>>35692741
You're right, friend. This site isn't good for me, but I've always been like this. If there's some shit going on, I need to know about it. Never been the ignorant type.

However, you're also right about the 'drops in the bucket' sentiment. No use worrying about how it'll all go down, I suppose.
>>
File: 1410501293860.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1410501293860.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>35690725
just don't fucking go crazy because you can't handle it, too many people throughout history have lost it completely because they are unable to handle the reality.
be scared if you must, but draw on the fear to fight. death, is your bitch.
do not run from it, fight it and if you don't beat death well at least you faced it like a man
>>
>>35693033
This is some real shit. Read this OP
>>
File: Vietnampropaganda.png (130KB, 1024x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Vietnampropaganda.png
130KB, 1024x1711px
>>35692941

You want a really good site to see all the current happenings? I've learned far more from it than I ever have from /pol/. I highly recommend it.

www.cfr.org

>inb4 shill
>>
>>35690725
OP youre overexaggerrating, things have actually died down some.

With nationalist parties gaining token footholds a lot of the pent up frustration has been let off in the west, not towards government in general, but at least radical sentiments. A small flare up like the Ukraine isnt really a big deal, this is just Russia doing what its done, in the same place for like 500 years now. A year ago you should have been scared, with China being super antagonistic and Russias level of potential dedication to the Ukraine was uncertain and nationalist parties were being marginalized. Things have calmed now now though OP, for a little while. Syria has progressed into the standard "work with someone we really dont like to kill turrerists", ISIS is relatively vanilla, they just make for good shock tv. I dont think anything SERIOUS will go down now till Obama leaves office, people know that hes incompetent, but they also know now that hell use military force with impunity as long as he has the say so of even a small part of the American public.
>>
>>35693033
Hey thanks anon. You're right. I've got some dreams I'm working on right now, and I should continue to pursue them until I'm dead.
>>
>>35690725
Seriously, get of the internet and stop reading the news for a month.
>>
>>35693173
I agree with most of your analysis, but the thing I'm personally most afraid of is Ebola. Seems like a real threat to the first world.
>>
File: 1408933370671.jpg (57KB, 268x240px) Image search: [Google]
1408933370671.jpg
57KB, 268x240px
>>35693033
fuck man why couldn't we live in an anime world?

I don't even watch anime
>>
>>35693257
I'm a lot like OP and I'd never be able to do that. Can't live in willful ignorance once I've seen some of the truth
>>
>>35693273

I'm pretty sure Ebola can only be contracted through direct contact with infected blood. It's pretty low on my habbeding list.
>>
File: 1406523759277.png (174KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1406523759277.png
174KB, 300x450px
>>35690725
Anyone can feel anxious about the future, even people who seem to have a lot of money etc

Right now, there is little you can do to help, but remember how you felt that night so that when you do get into a position to do the right thing you won't hesitate.

In the meantime, you probably need a break from information overload. Go do something else for a fortnight. You'll feel a lot better when you return.
>>
>>35693273
This is actually the opposite. Hemorrhagic fever in general is certainly nasty, but lets be honest, its too deadly and too niche to even close to succeed in the west. It may have long incubation periods but once it sets in it sets in quickly, meaning that in paces with sedentary populations (i.e. the west) it becomes easy to trace infection. People here know and trust medicine, they wouldnt be avoiding quarantine, running from clinics and hopping borders like in Africa. We know to avoid dead and diseased people and animals, to sterilize our water. Additionally it has to be transferred by fluids. Which makes it very hard to catch.

TMYK
>>
>>35693236
Hey you're welcome, I'm trans. Every day I wake up wanting to die because wrong body blah blah blah.
But I get up every single day, because fuck it.
I give myself the middle finger and get on with my day, if the world ends I'm still going to be getting on with my day.
It's not over until I die from old age or I wasn't smart enough to avoid it.

>>35693389
you're wrong anon, any bodily fluid.
any aerosolized bodily fluid too.
>>
>>35693522

Ah I see, thanks for setting it straight. I'm still not worried about it though.
>>
>>35693384
Your mind is mixed up in world affairs and things which you have no part of. When on is sitting everyday on forums like /pol/ and browsing news your mind is everywhere in the world except for the place where it really matters which is your private life. And you can't control or impact the world events so that can lead to feelings of helplessness and so on. Its not healthy for the mind. I promise you, break the news, /pol/,information addiction for just a few weeks and your outlook will be totally different. The world will keep rolling on just like it always have, there will still be people claiming the end is nigh but its not.
>>
>>35693453
Yeah, I suppose we are pretty well equipped to handle Ebola in the first world. However, an airborne mutation would really fuck shit up.
>>
>>35693684
OP here again. You're right, anon. Thanks for taking the time to post that.
>>
What a surprisingly civil thread
>>
>>35693770
not so much as you think. Remember what I said about hemorrhagic fever being real nasty? Thats actually another advantage. Since its so deadly, it makes hard for the infected person to go about infecting for that long, and people will avoid you ON sight. Its like the plague, you cant hide boils and you cant hide the blood and the ejections from your body from ebola. Things like influenza are dangerous BECAUSE theyre so subtle, not as vicious.

The end goal of most diseases is simply to spread. Killing the host isnt good for this, which is why we mainly die from diseases that arent adapted to us. The common cold is an example of a virus that HAS adapted to us, and you see its methods? Things like bird flue and th elike kill because they arent adapted to humans.
>>
>>35693918
This is true. Thanks for posting, this has actually helped my anxiety somewhat. No point in waiting around online and watching for a more dangerous mutation.
>>
>>35693837
Yeah for real, it does wonders for your head.

But make no mistake, the world is fucked up and you should be prepared, as /pol/should have taught. But you dont prepare by reading about news on the internet. You wanna prepare? Take a lifeguards coast and swim, swimmers get jacked. Start hiking. Buy a rifle, go hunting, or target/sport shoot. Go to school or take part time classes in whatever. Do Krav Maga, HEMA or boxing. Thats how you prepare my friend.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/apr/12/news-is-bad-rolf-dobelli

News is toxic to your body. It constantly triggers the limbic system. Panicky stories spur the release of cascades of glucocorticoid (cortisol). This deregulates your immune system and inhibits the release of growth hormones. In other words, your body finds itself in a state of chronic stress. High glucocorticoid levels cause impaired digestion, lack of growth (cell, hair, bone), nervousness and susceptibility to infections. The other potential side-effects include fear, aggression, tunnel-vision and desensitisation.

News works like a drug. As stories develop, we want to know how they continue. With hundreds of arbitrary storylines in our heads, this craving is increasingly compelling and hard to ignore. Scientists used to think that the dense connections formed among the 100 billion neurons inside our skulls were largely fixed by the time we reached adulthood. Today we know that this is not the case. Nerve cells routinely break old connections and form new ones. The more news we consume, the more we exercise the neural circuits devoted to skimming and multitasking while ignoring those used for reading deeply and thinking with profound focus. Most news consumers – even if they used to be avid book readers – have lost the ability to absorb lengthy articles or books. After four, five pages they get tired, their concentration vanishes, they become restless. It's not because they got older or their schedules became more onerous. It's because the physical structure of their brains has changed.
>>
>>35694078
Easily the most convincing post in the thread. Great information, this is seriously relevant to my life. Thank you anon.
>>
>>35694078
>tl;dr lynch everyone at fox and msnbc
>>
>>35694078
And then you couple the fact that news in them selfs have negative impact on you with emotional contagion http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0090315

Emotional contagion is transfer of emotional states between people, it even happens over the internet.

So, someone reads a news story thats unsettling and makes them nervous, they go to pol and create a thread about it. And the effects of that anxiety and nervousness just gets amplified by all the "ITS HAPPENING!!" DOOM!!" and so you have a cesspool of anxiety, anger, worry and general negativity. Thats what pol is. A bunch of freaked out news junkies sitting around and shaking and screaming about how the next news event is the end of the world. And then there is all the ideological bullshit.

Holy fuck when i think about it why do i browse this place so frequently?
Anyways check this out as well http://www.brainpickings.org/2012/01/19/the-information-diet-clay-johnson/

>>35693837
>>35694163
No problem mate
>>
>>35693903
What are the shills gonna do? Try to reassure OP?

No shekels in that.

Oh and OP... Teach yourself to see the funny side in all this. Ever since I did that personally my life has become happier and more vibrant.

Like fuck... in my entire life... I have never laughed harder than I do when I see this modern liberal sjw shit through society.

Like feminists wearing tampons as earrings. Fuck you can't make this shit up.

Also, I know many will yell "degenerate!" but smoking may be worth a dabble here and there.
>>
>>35694078
This applies to when I used to watch Alex Jewnes in 2011-2012, while being pretty much constantly stoned, constantly toying with the idea of the world completely ending in Dec 2012.

I used to be an idiot.
>>
>>35690725
>I'm an americlap
stopped reading

don't worry its normal for you people to show anxiety
>>
>>35692658

I've always had a particularly specific phobia of Ebola.
>>
>>35690725
Sometimes it's just easier to live in blue pilled fantasy land. The world is a fucked up place.
>>
>>35690725

We are reaching the crescendo on the last song on this album.

The next album will be written soon, same musicians, different producers.
>>
>>35690795

I laughed so hard at this comment for some reason.
>>
File: ebola chan.png (117KB, 1863x760px) Image search: [Google]
ebola chan.png
117KB, 1863x760px
>>35691122

Not if we can help it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.