[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I spend a thousand bucks on silver now, or will the price

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: NZ-C-S-CLT-10-01-eC-900x900.jpg (108KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
NZ-C-S-CLT-10-01-eC-900x900.jpg
108KB, 900x900px
Should I spend a thousand bucks on silver now, or will the price go down. Maybe buy an ar-15 instead.

/pol/ investment thread
>>
>>34594145
Buy the gun.
>>
>>34594145
AR's are always good investments. During the weapons ban shit last year a buddy of mine traded his for a really nice motorcycle.
>>
>>34594145
After the Sandy Hook scare everyone bought up the AR guns.
I haven't checked but there should be an oversaturation and robust used market for AR's at this time.
Even if there isn't I built mine during the scare for like $700 and its' a pretty nice gun. It's pretty basic but not bad
>del-ton midlength upper
>rock river arms lower
>mil-spec can't remember the brand bolt group and carrier
>All flat dark earth magpul furniture and rear flip up rear sight
>cheap ass bushnell red dot that holds zero and has a nice bright dot.
shopped around for a few months buying 1 part a time. Gun is as accurate as any I've shot so it's at least as accurate as I am which might not be saying much. I shoot within the MOA of the sight anyway.
>>
>>34595174

There is a local place selling them for $1100

Still seems high to me. I'm wondering where this robust used market is? I mean, where do I look. Do I go to a gun show?
>>
>>34594145
guns never go down in value. People buy gold and silver and I laugh because guns always go up in value and you can actually use them for fun/killing people.
>>
>>34594145
lol OP I am in the same situation

Gun or metals
>>
>>34595467

>never

in an investment thread? Really?
>>
>>34594145
Never invest in materials or stocks when their price is high. It is to risky of an investment. If you want to invest set up a scottrade account. Find a company at it's low point. research its history to see if the price might rise after you invest. Hope for the best. Invest in multiple companies to reduce risk. But there will always be risk. So by the gun if you don't want to take a risk.
>>
>>34595548
This
>>
How much is your budget?

Get an 80% lower and build yourself a "deserialized" AR, fgt
>>
>>34595548
>>34595611
All of this
>>
>>34595401
Vendor booths at gun shows are crap.
What you do is get there before the show opens.
Have a wad of cash and buy one from someone in line who is waiting to go in to sell.
You don't even have to pay the entry fee that way.
There is also gun broker and yes most gun stores have a used section.
Personally I bought a stripped lower from a gun store and then everything else as parts online.
Ask yourself why you want an AR though. I never shoot mine, it just sits in the safe.
You can't shoot them at most indoor ranges and ammo is like 50 cents a bullet, at least for the m855 which is what I generally shoot.

I also couldn't tell you what a good price is because it ranges wildly based on the AR. There are so many options and variations and brands. You can get a decent starter one $699 if you really try but you would also most likely end up with crappy gun at that price, a barrel that will rust, a tilted front site and a non mil-spec bolt group.

My advice is decide if you really want one. Then shop for the features you like. A free floated barrel is also a big plus but not necessary and ads a lot of cost to the gun. Here's what I look for:
>mil-spec bolt group
>mid-length gas system and barrel.
>barrel material (chromoly, stainless or chrome lined, know and understand the difference)
>How well the upper and lower fit together
>Is the barrel free floated
Everything else is just bells and whistles and easily changed out over time at home as you wish.
>>
>>34595401

Look online gunbroker for example. Find a shooting forum online look for people doing group buys on "blemished" ar lowers, you can get a pretty decent lower for around 60 usd.
>>
>>34594145
Silver is a buy as long as it remains under 20$ (and all else in other markets remain the same, or increase in value).

It's a buyer's market right now. You can get 1oz rounds from providence metals for 29c over spot, right now. 1.5% premium. 13$ shipping on a 1000$ order? So what, now it's 2.5% Premium is still absurdly good.

I am assuming you have income. Take 50% of what you have now, and go buy some silver. Hold the remaining 50%, and stuff another 500$ on top. Keep that around, adding 10% of whatever money you put toward savings into that pot. If silver gets below 18, buy some more, but closer toward 1000$. Repeat, and so on, increasing your total invested at each step. Don't worry about putting ALL of your savings into silver. That would be fucking retarded. 10%? Yeah, do that. Put another 10% toward weapons. 10% non-perishable food/water storage/reclaimation/purification. In most cases you will need to spend in lump sums. Just put your savings in pots. When you cross a threshold, research the markets (ideally, pay attention to the markets while you're saving), and buy when the relevant markets are "low".

Also worth considering 10% into a pot toward energy. That doesn't mean gas, electric bills. I'm talking about savings and investment. Save so you can eventually spend on something that will PRODUCE energy for you. As is the case with the others, while you are saving, research markets/technology. Figure out what you're saving FOR. Can't do shit until you have the money anyway, might as well use the time to figure out what good it can eventually do for you.
>>
>>34596000
Should also note, since I am going into detail, that 10% toward "silver" should really just be precious metals, but instead of buying gold, buy silver when the ratios are wide. Trade silver for gold when the ratios are tight. Keep at least 10 silver for every 1 ounce of gold, but you are likely to have wider spreads, which is OK.
>>
>>34594145
Silver is not an investment. It is a hedge.

Plan accordingly.
>>
Get an SKS
>>
>>34594145
There are loads of quality brands etc. but get a Colt if you're looking to invest. Colts will retain their value best and will sell at a premium to the least informed.
>>
>>34596968

this. Think of it more as insurance/savings account.
>>
Damnit /pol/. I just bought 10 more silver eagles because of this thread.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.