[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Boomer hate thread
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 429
Thread images: 40
"Only 100 applications? *sigh* It's like you're not even TRYING to find a job."
>>
I like when my father said

"Go door to door and look like you want a job and you'll get hired."
>>
>>33642695
>wrote 2, followed up on 1

>>33642813
Did that, got a job.

Cyclejerk end when?
>>
File: 1367606718549.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1367606718549.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>mfw going into shops and asking about jobs
>every single time they tell me to apply online
So much for a firm handshake and looking the manager square in the eye. Fucking boomers
>>
>>33642906
Try taking a bath and wearing clean clothes, take all the fish hooks and rings out of your face, cover up your tattoos, stand up straight and speak clearly, people dont want to hire sloppy smelly nets who look like they will no,est the customer's wchildren.
>>
>"Hurr in my day I only use to get 20 dollars a week to live on and I yet managed a car loan, kid + house, kids these days are overpaid!"
>"Durr in other nations, young people don't get holidays or sick days - work harder!"

Fuck I hate boomers, not one of them can into inflation or purchasing power, and not one of them would work like their fucking counterparts in the eastern nations (ever notice that these scum never take note of the fact that old people work until they die in places like Hong Kong and China?)
>>
Millennial raised by Gen X here.

Honestly, now a days, its all about who you know, taking some of the gritty jobs, and then building up a reputation, and a bit of luck.

Have you tried to find a good temp agency?

>>33642906
>>
>>33643010

>Try taking a bath and wearing clean clothes, take all the fish hooks and rings out of your face, cover up your tattoos, stand up straight and speak clearly, people dont want to hire sloppy smelly nets who look like they will no,est the customer's wchildren.

BIDF plz, go to bed, its past your shitposting time
>>
>>33643129
>now a days, its all about who you know, taking some of the gritty jobs, and then building up a reputation, and a bit of luck.

it has been this way precisely forever.
>>
"Son, I know I never gave you much growing up, and I'm proud of what you've managed to make out of yourself in this economy. I won't be around much longer, so I'm gonna start investing in the business you started with the savings I have left over from before the crash."
>>
>>33642906
>>This application should take no more than 1 hour to answer these 500 questions
>>Please attach your resume to work as a part time book seller.

It's seriously easier to apply for concealed carry permits than a job.
>>
>>33642906
You gotta put your application in first, Then talk to the manager
>>
>>33643175

Yeah, but faggots seems to forget this.

Its never too late to start networking.
>>
>>33643136

wasn't my post but what was said is correct.

in charge of hiring for my department. ask me how far into the interview process you make it with facial piercings and visible tats. answer: you don't even get the first call when I look up your facebook.

for growing up with social media you kids sure are clueless of how to manage it.
>>
Tell me if you've heard this one before:
>Just because you paid to be educated for a job, doesn't meant you deserve a job
>I paid taxes therefore I deserve a pension
Also, bonus round!
>pay taxes -> get pension
>create enormous debt -> nothing to do with me
>>
>>33643265

>in charge of hiring for my department. ask me how far into the interview process you make it with facial piercings and visible tats. answer: you don't even get the first call when I look up your facebook.

>for growing up with social media you kids sure are clueless of how to manage it.

And in the meantime considering how bad boomers trash kids for being entitled for wanting access to these things, not one of you had any problem flocking to facebook to spy on people.

Boomers = Creepy generation
>>
Honestly the economy is sort of improving, I was able to land a job easier than I expected when I finally got around to printing out my Resume.
But yeah baby boomers are holding us back.
>>
File: MP (11).png (105 KB, 400x318) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MP (11).png
105 KB, 400x318
Being 30 years old I am always schizophrenic on who I hate more... Millennials or Baby Boomers. On a micro scale (meaning my day to day interactions) I would have to say Millenials by far, but that is mainly due to their youth and the fact they think they know everything which is far from the case, the pompous attitude and the fact the cops have to break up ridiculous brawls they create downtown every weekend. Some of that can be chalked up to youth and some of it can be chalked up to the fact that I have never seen a more anti-social group of people in my life. Their people skills are extremely poor.

All of that being said... they haven't had enough time to make things better or worse. Baby Boomers without a doubt have fucked up this country past any sort of recognizable state. So overall they are definitely worse compared to Millenials but I wouldn't be surprised if the Millenials surpassed them or maybe they will surprise the shit out of me and be awesome.

I don't know where I fit in at all. I definitely do not identify as a Baby Boomer nor am I even close enough to the age cutoff and I definitely don't with Millennials.
>>
>>33642880

Never, I have a job and I still post in these threads.
>>
File: 1395325544340.jpg (55 KB, 669x562) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395325544340.jpg
55 KB, 669x562
>College student
>Living with parents cause we're poor
>Have been looking for a job for months now
>No replies
>Boomer dad has been increasing pressure
>Snaps, tells me he'll use his connections to find me a job
>Entry level job at McDonald's
>Family friend has worked there since high school
>Worked her way up, became a manager, then owner of a few franchises.
>Happy I finally got some work
>Mom calls her, tells her to not give me a job, since she wants me to focus on college

How the hell am I supposed to focus on school when I can't even pay for it?

Considering dying for Israel just for the benefits.
>>
File: Y-U-MAKE-NO-SENSE.jpg (36 KB, 489x359) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Y-U-MAKE-NO-SENSE.jpg
36 KB, 489x359
My "favorite" moment is when my dad decided to cut off my internet, as punishment for not applying to enough jobs.
>>
>>33643129
>good
>temp agency

Pick one.

Temp should be a last resort for anyone, short of going straight to welfare.

No benefits, no coverage, no anything. You are the closest thing to what could be called a wage slave.
>>
>>33643324

I get full points on that one - my personal favorite was a 50 year old business person who was ok with apprentices here in Aus being forced to take 21k loans just to be able to fund their own apprenticeship while he pocketed so many fucking benefits that he would have been able to retire on the public purse. (and yes he got his schooling paid for by his parents)
>>
> the world doesn't owe you anything
> I am owed a pension
>>
>>33643507
My friend was in the army for 7 years (two year tour followed by a 5 year extension). He spent 4 years in Kentucky and 3 years in Korea.

Good luck sir!
>>
>>33643507
>focus on college

Take the job anon.
>>
>>33642695
I sent out over 100 resumes and just landed my dream job. I now make 100k+ a year. Stay pleb fag.

>>33642813
Maybe not door to door, but initiative, enthusiasm and confidence are the three top things employers look for.
>>
>>33643486
No one, not even teenagers, actually think they know everything. That's just something parents say when they don't know how to explain their position (even when they are right).
>>
>>33643469

>Honestly the economy is sort of improving,

And if you keep repeating that lie, maybe it will come true and you can ride to your job on a flying pig.
>>
>>33643633
>Maybe not door to door, but initiative, enthusiasm and confidence are the three top things employers look for.

No, those would be experience, credentials, and if you're white or not.
>>
>>33643653

Not true at all. Some Teenagers and people in their early 20's really do think they know better and even if you present a good argument on why they are wrong they simply will have none of it.

That goes with youth and isn't unique to any generation.
>>
>>33643507
I can tell your story is full of shit because you'd never make the needed 1 million dollars in assets needed to open a mcd working on mcdonalds slave wages.
>>
>>33643486
>30 years old

you practically are a millennial yourself

I'm 26 and I don't "identify" with the group either but that's what we are, apparently.

I bust my ass every day at a shitty job because it's all I could get. NEET mode cannot last forever while retaining dignity and being able to say you've never needed to use a form of welfare in your life.
>>
>>33643712

>What is a business loan
>What is plenty of McDonald's franchises around the Midwest that middle class people run
>What is you are retarded

Every single restaurant in my small town is a franchise besides the BK. This is good and bad in that the menu can have some really unique good stuff but it can also lack some of the basics of the corporate restaurants.
>>
>>33643686
I have no experience and the bare minimum credentials to be hired, so how did I get a job?

Oh that's right, I grabbed myself by the sack and phoned the general manager directly and sold myself to him. Now, 2 weeks later, I'm hired. Guess you're just making excuses.
>>
>“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
>>
I live in a small town and it is pretty much impossible to get a job. It comes down to either knowing someone, or timing. Whenever anyone is hiring, they get like 200 in a day, and they don't have the time to bother sorting through it. Only way is to happen to hand it in when the manager is there, and has a minute to talk to you.
>>
>>33643778

>you practically are a millennial yourself

It's pretty fuzzy on what year is cut off and more often than not I am Gen X or sometime a Millennial. I reject being considered a Millennial because the time I grew up in is so much different compared to the Teenagers now. There is no common link or identification.
>>
>>33643712

In the boomers generation you could. They were paid a living wage back then and people could afford to save and not simply survive.

But even then there is usually some other investors or inheritance involved. It would take many years on a managers low salary to buy into a franchise.
>>
You can thank the government bureocracy for this. If worker laws were laxer, there would be more jobs.
>>
>>33643789
>so how did I get a job

You didn't, you're lying to people on the internet.
>>
>>33643789
what did you have on your resume? The only stuff i have is either not relevant or outdated.
>>
>>33643833
You gotta make it happen. You don't want it enough. If you wanted it enough, you'd be willing to do almost anything to get it. There are 25 guys out there willing to do more than you to get it, and yet you cry about not being able to get it. Silly little children ITT.
>>
>looking for job for a couple weeks get called lazy by my late 50s parents who I never asked for help or anything- eventually get job

>father gets laid off from cushy job he got through family 30 years ago

Asks me for money for health insurance because NO ONE HIRES MEN IN THEIR 60s


Where's your fucking savings asshole? Your house cost 60 grand. Fucking bomers.
>>
>>33643633
>Maybe not door to door, but initiative, enthusiasm and confidence are the three top things employers look for.

No, they look for unpaid interns.
>>
make your own jobs you stuipid ass shitheads
>>
>>33643712
She ended up with an A.A., and her parents had a college fund for her, she just used that, plus a bank loan.

McDonald's is a very profitable franchise, you pretty much can't be rejected a loan for one; provided you know your shit.
>>
File: baby-boomers.jpg (77 KB, 500x334) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
baby-boomers.jpg
77 KB, 500x334
Any one here encountered "work experience"?

>work a full time job for just the cost of travel (which they work out at a cost that doesn't take into account wear on vehicle or actual petrol costs or usage)
>employers can literally have someone work for them for nothing
>>
lol I was a NEET until I was 24, and then I sent like 10 resumes lying about my skills

I said I knew C++, Java and C# and got hired on the spot. All I had to do was passing a silly FizzBuzz test.
>>
>>33643935
That's only viable if you have money to start with
>>
>>33643780
>>Banks giving a 1 million dollar loan to someone on mcdonalds payroll
>>Implying someone working at mcdonalds is middle classs
>>hurr durr derp durrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>blaming boomers and not their shitty parents
>>
>>33643888
Hey grandpa, when did you figure out how to use the internet?
>>
>>33642695
>mfw never had a summerjob
I dont intend on working until i finish my degree in engineering. lel fucking boomers
>>
I have some distant family members who are boomer generation, rich, inherited a small business from their parents, invested in it, made lots of money, they didn't need a mortgage to buy two houses, one of which they rent out, they are well connected and play golf all day after retiring. Their grandchildren waltz into jobs, usually starting at management positions, and they never seem to have a care in the world. My grandparents on my mother's side were boomers, they had all their kids in the 60s, did well with owning/running a manufacturing business, but my grandfather dropped dead with cancer right after getting out massive loans from the banks ready to reinvest in his business. It all collapsed, and I have no-one with connections to just pull me jobs out of thin air. I have a job, albeit a shitty one. I don't resent my cousins for their boomer support. My parents were my age in the 80s, they got fucked by Thatcher, just as I'm getting fucked now. I do resent baby boomers for having it easier than every other generation.
>>
>>33643915
They pissed it away on eating out and being spendy, trendy boomer idiots. Most of their generation is distilled cancer, so potent and obnoxious that anyone apart of an out group can't stand their bullshit even if they try.
>>
>>33643010
But I've seen people with facial piercings and shit work at fast-food joints.
>>
>>33643780
>>What is a business loan

30 years ago maybe.

You cannot get a buisness loan to buy a franchise now. Most places require 25% to 40% of the franchise cost as cash on hand, and this cannot come from other lenders.

In McDonald case you need about a minimum of $500,000 before they will even speak to you about a franchise. The other $800,000 or so can come from a business loan.
>>
>>33644088
They had it easier because government was smaller and less intrusive in the economy.

Your resentment will lead you to vote left wing and fuck up things even worse.
>>
>>33643712
You only need 300k
http://franchises.about.com/od/mostpopularfranchises/a/mcdonaldscosts.htm
>>
>>33644038

>Million dollars to start a McDonald's

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Although granted it is easier to start a DQ franchise.
>>
>>33643935
Where do I get my capital? Let's say I want to get into a computer repair business. Where I live I need permits to do that, I've heard of instances in my city of people getting baited by the cops into coming over and fixing their computers. They get a nice fat fine and some of them, if they've been caught before, get to spend time in jail. Give me the few thousand for a start-up so I can travel around town on the unreliable bus transit system to repair people's computers :^).
>>
>mom always calls younger brother lazy and complains that he never does anything
>says she's a strong independent woman who raised us by herself after our dad divorced her
>he gets a shitload of money from grandparents for graduation
>she starts asking him for help and money

fucking feminist boomers
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 417x407) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 417x407
>>33642906

I'm an assistant manager and people come in all the time during the summer (which is the slowest time of the year for us) asking for work. I tell them to come back during the holidays. I don't even tell them to apply online because we aren't hiring.

>tfw I was looking for a job and when people said apply online I heard "we aren't hiring"
>>
>>33644130

Wrong. You are looking at it from a city or suburb aspect. There are plenty of small towns away from cities where middle class people start up franchises all the time. The revenue stream isn't even close to the same and the cost of start up is way more accessible.

See what I mean about Millenials talking out of their assholes?
>>
>>33644161
>>33644038
All it takes is $5k to open up a Chick-fil-a

http://franchises.about.com/b/2009/05/22/how-much-does-a-chick-fil-a-franchise-cost.htm
>>
>>33642813
My father said the same thing.
>>
>no skills
>minimum effort
>why don't I have a job?
kek
>>
>>33644038
By "run" he means "own", not "are employed by".
>>
>mom had two cushy jobs in last year
>both given to her by family connections
>entire family who helped her keep asking me how my job search is going
>tell them no one is getting back to me
>"I'm sure you'll find a job eventually."
>mother keeps given me shit for not putting enough effort in despite her giving no effort at all
>>
Just open up a Dumb McDonalds.
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1056x1080
>>33642695

Lol it ez 2 get a job

Jus ask 2 c da manager n shake his hand n tell him ur a hard werker, ull get da job on da spot :^)

>this is what boomers actually believe what happens
>>
>>33644246
>job pays minimum wage
>expects maximum effort
>>
>>33644138
I will vote for whatever party is in my best interest for the time/for the next five years. I am a mercenary at heart. With most of the popular parties being essentially the same, there doesn't seem much point in voting at all. Labour and Conservatives are the same, Liberals are weaklings, I dislike Ukip, and any of the genuinely Left Wing are useless, tiny parties with no support and outdated views.
>>
Boomers don't know shit but it IS easy to get a job. You just need to have actual skills like programming.
>>
>>33644327
This made me laugh harder than expected.
I love Nathan for You.
>>
>>33644000

What job did you get?

22 y/o neet here, would appreciate advice.
>>
Look boys, the age of "I don't even need a skill to get a job" is over. Useless humans are being replaced by automatization. Join the STEM train or die off like luddites.
>>
> mfw its just connections

Always get to know the local market lads, they always need a off-the-books lackey.

Steps:
A) Stop being a fat smelly twat
B) Work and get off your 3DS
>>
I also dislike getting typical baby boomer career advice (variations of 'get on your bike') from my grandmother who was a stay at home housewife. She has never worked a day in her life. At least my other grandmother who is old as shit and grew up in the Great Depression is more sympathetic to the economy being terrible for people that don't want low hour contracts/minimum wage drudgery.
>>
>>33644409
sysadmin

I don't even need the skills they asked for. They just do it to filter retards.
>>
>>33644409
Not him but start contributing to projects on github
>>
>>33644329
It does happen. It happened to me. People in positions of authority respect when someone goes out of their way, because as all sentiments here show, it doesn't happen very often.

Fuckin faggot kids nowadays cry all day and night about how hard done by they are and they don't even put in the bare minimum effort.

You think you know how the world works, but you don't. Listen to your parents, they're right about almost everything you disagree with them on.
>>
>>33642695
>Your Parents just want you out of the house so they can smoke weed, fug each other and get drunk.

Keep this in mind every time they give you advice.
>>
>apply to kmart online
>4 hour lesson thing before even getting accepted

No.

No.

I'm thinking about just making a TON of non-grape, cheap fuit wines and selling them for twenty dollars a bottle after they age a year
>>
>>33644346
This is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Vnp9AUuIs
>>
>>33643465

Eh, he's probably a millenial or gen-X'er that's power tripping over having to read through resumes for entry level positions (I.e. delegated bitch work). I've seen quite a bit of this on /pol/, but maybe it's all the same faggot. He probably considers himself to be management, lol.
>>
>>33644412
I would, but no money for school. The VA fucked me on my GI bill last time I used it, never sent me a check, and then months later sent me a letter saying I owed THEM money. Thanks VA.
>>
File: char_33698.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
char_33698.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>mfw people don't realise that the problem is that, back then, 50% less of the population worked
>>
>>33644540
>implying you need anything other than internet
Credentials don't matter in the STEM deparment. 50% of workers don't have them.
>>
>>33644540

How old are you? I went to school really late (25) and since I was poor and obviously considered independent I never paid a dime for school.
>>
>>33642695
Honestly it's pretty true. Sure it *shouldn't* be this way but go handing out 100+ resumes/applications if you're not looking for a very specific job is pretty fine. If you're a computer programmer then yeah it should be more specific and only maybe a handful.

If you're looking for minimum wage go hand out 200 resumes and tell me no one called you back. Can't be lazy, bros. As much as it sucks
>>
>in elementary school
>first C on a report card
>try to downplay it to boomer mom like it's not a big deal
>"Anon, C students are the ones who end up flipping burgers"
>>
>>33644472
>applying to jobs isn't bare minimum effort
>submitting resumes isn't bare minimum effort
>you have to go to the back and suck the manager's cock and toss his salad or you haven't given bare minimum effort
>>
I actually like managing my networking more, though, instead of getting by with family connections. It makes me feel proud and independent. I like to think that in the longer term I will be able to work in my desired field. As time goes on, though, it looks more and more that my desired field would be an actual field. I loved farming, and I really have a strong desire to start my own small farming business, hopefully get government/EU subsidiaries, and otherwise be my own man. That'd be grand.
>>
>>33644590
How? I want to go for my master electrician certification.
>>33644593
I'm 26
>>
>>33644596

>tfw I would love to hand out 100's of my Resumes but there is only a handful of businesses in my small town worth even applying for.

I check the websites of the 6 main places in my town every single day and go on the main job website. I am thinking I am most likely going to have to move.
>>
>>33643554
>went to work for a temp agency
>jobs pay minimum wage
>agency takes a 20% off the top
>go to factory
>stand in line with 50 other temp workers
>full time employees of factory pick which ones they want
>everyone else, including me, goes home
Never again.
>>
>>33642695
what else are they going to tell you?
they know that their advice is shit and that the odds are against you but sitting doing nothing wont help. 1% chance of success is better than 0%.
>>
>>33644459

Shit that's cool as fuck. I'd do it in a heartbeat but my dadcut my net off a while ago.
>>
>19 years old looking for job
>mother has an "entry level" 15 dollar an hour job
>does orders, does operating, customer service, covers for receptionsists when they're gone, warranty work etc etc
>works at least 60 hours a week
>her job is mad she isn't working more.

>brother working a cnc machine
>works six days a week twelve hours a day
>work wants to put him on 7

Jobs scare me
>>
File: 1404280800053.gif (1005 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404280800053.gif
1005 KB, 500x281
In charge of hiring at my job
>MFW gauged ears
>MFW pierced faces
>MFW sleeve tattoos that look like burn scars
>MFW anytime i hire a woman under 50
>MFW all you have to do is hand out prizes and windex the glass at the end of the night and people can't even do that
>MFW hiring people my age who literally can not do the bare minimum
>MFW every time i hire a nigger the change box comes up short
>MFW every time i hire a female i get nonstop calls from angry customers about how she was rude
>MFW I hired a 24 year old woman ahd she actually fucking started crying when i told her to shape the fuck up
>MFW i hire fat people and they're all lazy as fuck
>MFW i hire old people and they want to take 10 days off a month
>>
>>33644626
>be perfect A student
>local community college is so packed I can't get enough classes to be a full-time student
>hold myself in high esteem because I wasn't a C student
"WHAT, YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD TO WORK AT MCDONALD'S BOY?"
>>
>>33644596
100 is nothing. A CompSci grad (friend of a friend) applied for 300 jobs and is still unemployed.
>>
>>33644690
How are you posting?
>>
>>33643522
Don't post that fucking meme on pol you dirty kike
>>
File: MP (1).jpg (81 KB, 631x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MP (1).jpg
81 KB, 631x590
>>33644708

>mfw faggoty HR people

The cancer of the corporate world.
>>
>>33644690
Anon is the Internet, he posts from his soul.
>>
>>33644672
Yeah probably. If you live in a half-decent place 200 resumes(you'd probably 80% find a job at 50 resumes) would basically guarantee you a job if you look ok
>>
I thought I was the only one who totally hates my parents generation.

They really fucked up the world and now we have to fix. Or not fix it.

I'm betting on the latter.
>>
>>33644764
>CompSci grad
>still unemployed
Link to GitHub account?
inb4 it's just another useless grad that just went to classes but didn't even bother learning the real perks
>>
>>33644764
My mother is a receptionist and office assistant and she has applied to 250. She doesn't even apply to some because most are starting at 12 dollars an hour.
>>
>>33644790
i'm not HR. i'm the manager of a small shitty arcade.
>>
>>33644472

>It works at the Burger king it must work for real jobs

>Listen to your parents, they're right about almost everything you disagree with them on.

No they're wrong. Laws were passed in the 70's that prevent testing by employeer on the grounds of muh discrimination. Since then it's gotten progressively tougher to get a decent job. This is why you now need a degree and experience to get a job at anywhere but fucking Taco Bell.
>>
>>33644764
Not really sure because compsci is in my pretty high demand. Did he make his resume look good and adjust it to each place he applied for?

There's something very wrong if you finished compsci and applied to 100+ places and can't find a job.
>>
>>33644209

>Wrong. You are looking at it from a city or suburb aspect.

Go to McDonald's website or any other franchise page. They do not factor in real estate costs for startup.

The $500,000 cash on hand needed for a mcdonalds is the minimum requirement regardless of where it is located. It is corporate policy.
>>
>>33644649
I applied for over 100 jobs before I got one. And if I hadn't called the GM directly, I probably wouldn't have got it.

>mfw he told me he liked my initiative and thought I had a good head on my shoulders
>mfw now I make 100k+ a year
>mfw you're just an entitled cunt who will eventually realize I'm right, how soon is up to you
>>
>>33644705
this coupled with low pay and depression rates the workplace is frightening
>id rather be a useless NEET and live in my anime bliss
>>
>>33644689
If I applied for 100 jobs, I should expect to succeed at 1 of them if there is a 1% chance, and I have not.
>>
>>33644827
>My mother has literally no skills, [sob story]
Boy, it sure feels great to be so employable
>>
>>33644472
>You think you know how the world works, but you don't. Listen to your parents, they're right about almost everything you disagree with them on.

But my parents told me to go to uni to find my passion.
>>
>>33644764

Am I right to presume he hasn't tried moving to high demand areas? It does seem the autistic lack common sense.
>>
>>33644854
>And if I hadn't called the GM directly, I probably wouldn't have got it.
I hope you realize this is beyond "bare minimum effort". Of course you don't, because you're a stupid motherfucking wageslave goy.
>>
>>33642695

It is simple, the only people that care to bitch about moan about something as retarded as age get everything they deserve.

I suspect you types are not being hired because you are mouth breathing idiots.

No tricks are going to help you.
>>
>>33644803

True. I will mostly likely have to move to a city of at least 100k. This 50k shit isn't cutting it... but I really like it here and all my family is here.

It's only been about a month since I started actively searching for work so I am not in full depression mode. It is self defeating to be negative about it. I am at the point where I am extending my search to decent paying areas outside of my "expertise".
>>
>>33644769
>>33644796

On my phone at a library.

God bless the library.
>>
Have you tried being the son of a CEO? It worked for me.
>>
>>33644834
I actually looked at a local linecook job in the paper for a local chain restaurant...

>entry level linecook wanted. AT least two years in field required. Those with culinary degree favored

Fuck.
>>
>>33644834
>all dis theorizing and no foot work = speculation

Your parents and their peers run the fuckin ship, junior. Are you too stupid to realize that?
>>
>>33644705
Welcome to America.
>>
In my first job I managed to get two friends jobs where I worked.

Second job I got from just applying, but manager to get a friend a job there also.

Third job a friend told me about, and I worked that job with said friend.

Fourth job I was told about by a friend who worked there.

Fifth job I got through a friend taking me to a job fair. Both of us got jobs at the place.

Sixth job I got directly through a friend.

I've never been fired, I've always just gone from job to slightly better job while still in employment. I wouldn't have gotten into half of those jobs without knowing people, and I've gotten people jobs on multiple occasions.

I'd say a LOT of people are in similar situations. It's about who you know, and who can put in a good word for.
>>
>>33644834
>No they're wrong. Laws were passed in the 70's that prevent testing by employeer on the grounds of muh discrimination
Can you provide a source? Do these logic tests that online apps have you take not count as you're not "employed" but merely an applicant?
>>
>>33643486
dude, i dont know if you had a sheltered life or if you've just forgotten, but we were just as bad at that age, maybe even worse.

The older generations hated our music and clothes, and we wasted time drinking too much, chasing girls, getting in fistfights over stupid shit, and generally being little shitheads. The difference is there was still an economy and some hope when we settled down. Things in the country were looking up in the early 2000s.

The millenials, on the other hand, know their fucked. Of course there's some self destructive nihilism there.
>>
>>33643324
>>Just because you paid to be educated for a job, doesn't meant you deserve a job
>>I paid taxes therefore I deserve a pension


LOL your brain is really broken if you think those even equate to the same thing.
>>
>>33644881
Well shit son, someone has to do it.

My aunt has her fucking CPA, which is insane enough as it is, and her job at a corporation only pays her forty thousand a year.
>>
My 33rd birthday comes up in a few months.I pay $275 a month in rent. (Yes, it's me again!) I work on the Internet. I usually don't wear clothes for days on end except when I'm going out.

I'm finally living the fucking dream.

(By the way, kids, sending out random applications gets you PRECISELY JACK SHIT- I worked a LOT of jobs before this one, and they were all shit because I got picked up by temp agencies and call centers and other dogshit)

>>33644830
>>>/vr/
>>
> tfw applied for a holiday job you had in 2012-2013.

I pray to god i get it. Working was the best feeling ever. I'e been looking for work since my contract ended and feel like shit the whole time.
>>
>>33644930
>God bless the library.
Fucking statist turdburglar.
>>
>>33644983
"I work on the internet"
So you're a camgirl or what
>>
>>33644811
>Link to GitHub account?

What's with the github bullshit are you a retard?
"Lel if you coded anything worthwhile, surely it's an open source github project".

Not everyone is an opensource cunt. I wrote plenty of code, it's just closed source, because I like getting actually paid for my work. Everytime a prospective employer says github repositories are what really interests them, I know I'm talking to a moron who is just jumping on the lastest IT HR train.
>>
>>33644850

You didn't look very close. It varies by location. Startup fees on some of them are as low at 175k TOTAL.
>>
I love how every autistic fuck claims they fill out 100 job applications without any luck when in reality they sit on the computer all day every day.
>>
>>33644887
>mfw you think a phone call is hard
>what an entitled little faggot
>our society is doomed when your generation is in charge
>>
File: 1358705644368.png (30 KB, 610x260) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358705644368.png
30 KB, 610x260
>>33644708
>Get out of highschool
>NEET the fuck out for 3 years
>Finally get a job
>Hear I get a raise every 6 months
>Cool
>First month in they want me to be a manager
>.50 raise in the third month
>Everyone I work with compares themselves to me
>I work hard like anon
>Lol I can do that like anon, too!

God damn it feels good to be white.
>>
>>33644983
I sent out random applications and they called me back EIGHT MONTHS later. What the hell were they doing?
>>
>>33644961

>sheltered life

You didn't even bother reading my post at all. I even said a lot of it is chalked up to youth. The one and main difference is that Millenials lack people skills a lot more compared to when I was their age.
>>
>>33644961
>Things in the country were looking up in the early 2000s.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

I applied to a lot of shitty jobs RIGHT AFTER FUCKING 9/11. (Fun fact: 9/11 changed almost nothing. People's reactions to it changed practically everything.)
>>
I'm tired of the shit pay. If I get treated like shit at work, I expect at least a good wage.

I'm really debating whether to rough it down in texas and work oil.
>>
>ITT: White Males
You're bottom of the barrel now. I almost pity you.
>>
File: muhfreedoms.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
muhfreedoms.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>yfw all your education was for nothing
>yfw business owners get to hire you for free, ditch you whenever they want and hire another sucker at the drop of a hat
>yfw they laugh all the way to the bank and you never earn a cent
How does it feel to be the most fucked generation of all time, /pol/? How does it feel to know the world is laughing at your misery?
>>
My mother and grandmother used to give me the stereotypical boomer advice.

I took her advice eagerly, and with enthusiasm. Every place I sent an app to I would come in at least twice, ask to speak to the manager. Shake his hand, look him in the eye. I was clean shaven and well dressed, and used all the magic phrases. Offered to work for a week for free just to show them I was willing.

I am still unemployed, but, at least she's shut the fuck up.
>>
>>33645023
>still skirting around the fact that bare minimum effort is submitting an application or resume, anything past that isn't BARE MINIMUM FUCKING EFFORT
I hope you get into a fatal crash sometime soon you blithering faggot.
>>
>>33645007

Worse, I edit shitastic articles written by retards who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Since I get paid by the edit, however, I don't have to do anything I don't want to. (A critical perk.)
>>
What's the air force or navy like? I'm thinking of fighting for Israel since they're always hiring.
>>
>>33644916
Do what you gotta do bro. Adjust to the situation instead of bitching about it.
>>
>>33642695

>boomer parents

lol sucks to be you lot my parents were based gen x

Also if you treat finding a job like a job - as in put in 40 solid hours a week actively looking - you will find a job. You can't just sit at home putting in applications like a moron you have to walk around and introduce yourself to people.
>>
File: 1348417696414.jpg (62 KB, 340x310) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1348417696414.jpg
62 KB, 340x310
>>33645105
>>
>>33645115
Lel. Sounds like it would get old fast, but money is money. Working from home is fucking great.
>>
>>33644865
sorry anon thats the way averages turn out
but its literally a numbers game
apply to 1000 jobs and if your success rate is still 0% then an hero
>>
>>33645105
>Work a week for free
>"Lol this little faggot really thinks I'm legally allowed to let him do that, probably a retard. I'll let him down easy and just not call him so I don't hurt his little retard feelings."
>>
>>33645105
>My mother and grandmother
father?
>>
>>33642906

>easier to get a gun permit then getting a job

BRB gonna try this out, record it and put it on youtube and profit from it.
>>
File: 1394378873960.png (187 KB, 499x499) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394378873960.png
187 KB, 499x499
>be 27
>no college
>no loans
>never worked fast food
>sysadmin
>all of my users are boomers
>make more than they do
>>
File: ivan.jpg (77 KB, 524x557) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ivan.jpg
77 KB, 524x557
>sitting in line for interviews
>me and older (about 40s) dude
>see a young girl walk up with her cleavage on show and a short skirt
>our faces
>>
File: volunteerretards.jpg (61 KB, 655x357) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
volunteerretards.jpg
61 KB, 655x357
>>33645182
>being an unpaid "intern" or volunteer is illegal
You've never seen these fucking goys around the holiday season, have you?
>>
Oldfag here.

I remember as student I would ask the boomer teacher a question, and they would always say "You don't know that?" Instead of answering the question.

Any students nowadays have to put up with that shit? A baby boomer with a teaching job trying to hide information from you instead of doing their fucking job and teaching.

Curious to see if this generation of fucktards teaching do the same thing.
>>
>>33645166
>Sounds like it would get old fast

You don't even know. You don't even want to know.

But it beats sitting in a fucking tard-office being treated like shit by one and all.
>>
>put in at least 40 applications during the spring
>finally get a job interview last week
>go in standing tall and proud, shake the managers hand, tells me to have a seat while he goes gets his papers
>he comes out with another employee
>he tells me she'll be interviewing me
>that's fine
>then he says he'll also be interviewing me
>what the fuck
>both of them are shooting off questions at me
>I'm trying to give them the best possible answer before the other person asks me a question
>speaking so much and so fast that my mouth literally freezes and can't speak for a good minute
>they said they'd call me back in two weeks
>don't even know how to take it
>hate myself repeatedly
>this was a week ago

Holy shit, first time that's ever happened to me, I don't even know what caused it.
>>
>Why don't you try volunteering? It looks good on a resume

>People literally expect you to work for free to get a "better" slavemaster
>>
>>33645242
>not hiring her for what she's really applying for

Eunuch detected
>>
>>33645182
In the UK we can do that as long as you call it "work experience."

They make you do it if you're on Job Seekers for too long.
>>
>>33644947
the who you know jobs are the easy even a monkey can do jobs
there however are jobs that do require the relevant qualifications and no amount of connections will get you through the door if you cant do it
>>
>>33645255
Can you give us a website, a referral, anything?
>>
>>33645197
Father's homeless in fucking Seattle or something last I heard
>>
>>33644412
>STEM
You realize most, most meaning over 50% of stem graduates from the us are unemployed right? You just don't need that many engineers
>>
>>33645268

Ah, the good old-fashioned stress interview. Somebody, probably a troll, decided to tell HR smacktards that the best way to find somebody to hire was to verbally mob him just like that.

You should have just walked out.
>>
>>33645101
White female here, I'm not doing any better.
>inb4
>>
>>33645105
This is complete bullshit. You never did this. You made up a story that sounded good on the internet. Either that or you're a total fucking autist in person.
>>
>>33645248

LOL I would not want to share any info with your sorry asses either.

Perhaps if you little faggots did not suck so hard?
>>
>>33645339
Ey bb u wnt sum fuK :^)?
>>
Man this thread makes me happy my parents weren't assholes about my job search

>Last semester of college, only have to take one class that isn't online
>Work for a small start up company owned by a friend for minimum wage off the books (which was not taxed so it wound up being a little more)
>Work same job for a year after graduating college, 65 hour weeks because I wanted as much money as I could get
>Get started on my career eventually, parents tell me how proud they are and all that crap
>Never got bitched at for only working for $8 an hour despite having college degree

It sounds like people aren't mad at boomers as much as they're mad at dumb people who dont understand what a shitty economy is

Inb4 DATS ALL BOOMERS THO

Its basically anyone with a job including millennials who were in the same position previously
>>
>>33645282
>implying he's doing the hiring
He and the 40 year old knew they were fucked, and not literally like the interviewer was about to be.
>>
>>33645268
>being pleb enough not to prepare for behavioral interviews
>>
>>33645339
why not care for a husband instead of shitting up the job market for the rest of us
>>
I have my sysadmin job because I became friends with friends I made who happened to work in the fashion industry who go to the same social clubs I do. With only a BS in compsci and a few certs, I beat out MS's and others with years of experience.

It isn't any different than it was 50 years and will be in the next 50 years. In all but the most precision jobs, familiarity > merits, every single time. It's who you know. Always will be until robots become our employers.
>>
>>33645293
>posting information on /pol/ about how to join my job
>shitting where I eat
>>
>>33645248
I didn't experience any of that.

But I do worry about the next generation. There are tons of grads going into teaching because they can't find work anywhere else.

I might be wrong about this but I've always maintained that the best teachers are the ones with some life experience.
>>
>>33645010

Worst part about working in this industry is the type of faggot that you have to work with. They're the kind of people that watch TED talks and think they're changing the future.
>>
>>33645348
>LOL I would not want to share any info with your sorry asses either.
Sounds like you'd make a good boomer teacher :^).

Did you decide to try this new hip "shitposting" thing out Grandpa?
>>
>>33644936
Yeah, and I bet they pay $9 an hour.
>>
>>33645248
Fine Art graduate here. (I know it's a shit degree, don't bother)
But my tutor was telling me how she is friends with someone who resides with some really famous artist in America.
I was like "So...are you going to introduce me or something?" (not out of place. We were having a tutorial and talking about opportunities etc etc)
Nope. Didn't want to give away her secrets. Full well knowing that being an artist is hard as fuck.
Tutors/teachers are the worst people to turn to. They won't to hoard all the knowledge for themselves
>>
>>33645365
>niggas ITT think 60 hours is a long work week
>mfw I realize now I am a god-tier employee partially because my tolerance for pain is 3x higher than the average
>>
>>33644000
I did that at my university's hosted career fair.
Guy said I was at least able to do it correctly, surprisingly most people get it wrong.
Still don't get any notification... guess I didn't "want" it enough.
Anyways, besides my salt, gratz.
>>
File: bawby.jpg (18 KB, 401x365) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bawby.jpg
18 KB, 401x365
>All this angst


Stop crying like a bunch of faggots. No wonder you faggots have a hard time finding jobs, you cry and cry like little faggots just because you don't get what you want
>>
>>33645268
That's okay, it's just a test to see how you react under stress, it's pretty common really. They don't expect you to answer every question correctly or in details, they just wanna see if you are likely to lose face. Now if you say you froze completely ...
>>
As a x generation member I see it as much harder to get a job, when I was a kid there were a lot more independent companies and a lot of the owners felt it was their duty to hire kids and teach them how to be professional, plus there weren't mexicans or NAFTA so there were always entry level construction and manufacturing jobs you could get.
>>
>>33645380
Because we dual income now. Everyone is expected to work. It's not women's fault.
>>
>>33645365
>Inb4 DATS ALL BOOMERS THO

It is the only think retards can come up with since they have such a poor understanding of reality.
>>
>>33645388
>posting information on /pol/ about how to join my job
Yet you were JUST doing that, what the fuck man? All I'm asking is the name of the company if it actually exists, I'm not asking for your phone number and the right to use Anon E. Moose as a reference. A referral to an email of the company if it only does dealings online, a fucking url, anything. That's all I'm asking here.
>>
I'm 22 and have been working since I was 14. I've had ~10 jobs since then.

Step it up faggots
>>
>>33645482
>women demand work placement
>"it's not our fault we have to work"
>>
>>33645524
That was decades ago, young women today had nothing to do with it. That's like blacks still being mad about slavery.
>>
>>33645104
if i dont get a job in 6 months im going to sign up to die for israel
then it will be your tax dollars funding my holiday
>>
File: offer.jpg (158 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
offer.jpg
158 KB, 1366x768
This is what you get when you go after what you want, willing to sacrifice anything to get it.

>stay pleb faggots
>>
>>33645482
>It's not women's fault.
It is and it isn't. It's the fault of feminist retards that thought shoehorning themselves into any comfy, cozy, well-paying job in the 60's and 70's and beyond was a good idea. Look how that backfired! Women are more miserable than ever.
>>
File: 1406111205301.jpg (1 KB, 195x195) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406111205301.jpg
1 KB, 195x195
>>33645482
>It's not women's fault.
"It's not women's fault we demanded to work and then were expected to work."

What were you expecting? A working wage without doing the work?
>>
>>33645309
>you just don't need that many engineers

kek

it's the science and math people that are unemployed. Engies are fine for the time being, probably will become oversaturated in the future though
>>
File: 1340325973069.jpg (36 KB, 290x441) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1340325973069.jpg
36 KB, 290x441
>>33645513

It doesn't exist. You've been baited bro.
>>
>>33645248
Omg, I forgot about that!!'
>>
>>33645523
>I've worked with my family and bounced around to a bunch of different jobs before coming back to my family that I was angsty at for a few years and was sick of working under my dad/uncle/older brother
Wow

Such impress

Very wow
>>
>>33645472
Nothing wrong with venting on the internet, that's what it's here for
>>
>>33644708
Hire me please. I'm anything but lazy, incompetent, or degenerate. I have no piercings, tattoos, and I'm actually pretty handsome (according to female friends.)
>>
>>33645588
>>33645590
I meant job seeking women today. We can agree that women in the past are responsible, but there's no sense in blaming guiltless women today.
>>
>>33645411

In the simple 4chan child's mind anyone that does not circle jerk their age obsession is a boomer.
>>
>>33645619
Goddammit cool face.

*shakes fist*
*unsheathes katana*
*cuts you into ribbons*

Heh, too easy.
>>
>>33645344
Nope. I've done this at every place within 5 miles of where I live, and several further out than that, including places very far away that I could reach with public transportation, as I do not have a car.

I applied online. I wrote up a resume including my work experience and my experience volunteering, and sent that in, and then, within a day or two of submitting it (most often the same day) I would go in and ask to speak to the manager. Oftentimes I would get told he/she was out, or busy. (I would come back later in that case) When he wasn't, I introduced myself, told him I'd love to work on his team, shook his hand, and looked him straight in the eye. If he didn't immediately shoot me down with "Sorry we're not hiring" I would sell myself as hard as I could, saying I'm a hard worker, I value punctuality, and I would love a chance to prove myself, etc. All the boomer catchphrases.

I have no major personality disorders. I look normal, speak normally, etc. I have no trouble conversing with people anywhere.

It just turns out that in an economy where college degrees are worth less than high school diplomas were 40 years ago, with unemployment rates that highest they've been since the great depression, and diversity quotas and shit, that it's actually just nearly impossible to find a job without nepotism.
>>
>>33645472

but but I am young so everything should be handed to me on a platter.
>>
>>33643465
> not making your facebook private so potential employers can't look at it
>>
>>33645392

This is my only logical career path. Currently 21 and unemployed with a degree in computer science. Since i'm a dude and my country has something like 10:1 female:male teacher ratio i figure i've got a pretty good chance, all i have to do is take a 1 year (accelerated) course to get approved for teaching, with 6 months of those being in school work placement.

I don't want to do it firstly because i agree with you and think i would be a terrible teacher, secondly because i fucking hate children.

But the longer i have my degree without working the more useless it becomes. It's my only option at this point for a long term career that isn't soulless retail supervisor, which is effectively the same job as a highschool teacher, babysitting 14-17 year olds who completely fucking suck.
>>
>>33645677
Until you woman walk out of the offices en masse this shit will continue. It's up to women to make the change peacefully. The value of our labor (I mean all people now) has diminished because there's more motherfuckers that want the jobs than there are jobs obviously, and how many fucking minorities/women are creating businesses? 2manyleeches4society
>>
>>33644555

not to mention being white put you above many other applicants instantly, being middle class or higher put you above others as well.

ahh the good old days...
>>
>>33645752
That looks even worse, like you're hiding something.
>>
>>33644951

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griggs_v._Duke_Power_Co.

In effect companies can't do things like IQ tests, because if they do they're "discriminating" against lower IQ races.
>>
>>33645387

> job because of friends

Why is nepotism even legal? Fuck this world.
>>
>>33645710
That;s bullshit because I found a job. It took me 100 resumes and calls, but I found one.

You need to sound enthusiastic without sounding too desperate.
>>
>>33645677
>implying young women need to "seek"
If your boss is a woman, you've already got it because of the sisterhood. If it's a man you've got it because you're young and beautiful and his wife is old and busted.
>>
>>33645692
Yep, it's a boomer.

>>33645752
>having a facebook
AYY LMAO
>>
>>33645710

If we are talking about retail or any non office job I would not hire you without a car.
>>
File: 1392579426251.gif (366 KB, 140x160) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392579426251.gif
366 KB, 140x160
>>33645031
Same arcadefag here
>Work at subway
>Only YT there
>Niggers errywhere, and indian owner
>Keep hearing stories of how veeba is a tyrant, a bitch how she's horrible
>Is actually pretty nice so long as you do your fucking job
>MFW i'm her favorite employee because i don't skip weekends because i get thrown in jail for chimping out on the weekend, I do all my work and even pick up prepwork slack
>MFW Working for indians isn't bad when niggers are there to set the bar lower than whale shit
Only left that job because i became manager at the arcade. it was a bretty good job. Niggers hated veeba so much they treated me like an ally. Not that made me relax. What with black ya'know...
>>
File: 1406520920202.png (737 KB, 518x1442) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406520920202.png
737 KB, 518x1442
Why not join the clergy? They're practically begging for young people. I told my pastor I was interested in it and he's bending the fuck over backwards to make it happen for me.
>>
>>33645762
I agree, bro. I'd quit if I could. I don't like this any more than you do.

>>33645791
Okay.
>>
>>33645781
FUCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33645443
> implying you're not a sucker

40 hour week master race here.

> mfw I work for an american company with an office in this country
> mfw employees of the same Company in the same position as me work 60+ hours (fixed pay so they work 20+ free hours) and have 15 vacation days when I work 40 hour.

On my contract says 40 hours for X money.

> hurr durr you gotta impress your employer

Fuck my employer, they ain't getting more of my time, I spend one half of every day's awake time on this shit. And it's not a bad job, but fuck them. I ain't owning shares.
>>
>>33645813
>Yep, it's a boomer.

Being in your 30s means you are a boomer on 4chan.

And these little kids wonder why they cannot get jobs.

They are hardly functional retards.
>>
>>33643129
Millenial trying to provide advice.. thats rich..

fuck off millenial.
>>
>>33645710
This.

Thread is fucking full of BIDF. Take your meds and have an afternoon nap. Die in your sleep too plz.
>>
>>33645791
>the sisterhood
max kek, women hate hiring other women
>>
>>33645031
Let me guess, you're 6'2"+?
>>
>>33644708
I have no piercing or tattoos, I am a young man, I am a normal weight, and I have experience washing windows. I did it every day for my first job (that my uncle gave me) for two straight summers and never missed a day. Those windows were spotless.

When can I start?

>>33645784
So 100 exactly. That's the magic number. once you send in exactly 100, you are guaranteed a job, yeah? Cuz I'm probably only like 5 or 6 away. Do duplicates count? If not, what if there aren't 100 businesses within transportation distance for me? Do I apply for some that I have no hope of being able to get myself to just to get closer to 100?

And that doesn't vary from region to region? It's the same in California as it is in Kansas?

>>33645840
Pretty sure you need a degree for that.
>>
>>33645443

When did I imply any of that? I just said I worked 65 (not 60) hours a week. Please point to where I was bitching about or saying that it was long.
>>
I'm 19 and the only job I've ever had was being a host at IHOP and then I quit after 2 weeks. Aren't you proud?
>>
>>33645870
My company can have me whenever they want, considering they pay double time for anything >40hrs/wk. I have a base rate for 40 hrs too, and it's decent, but mfw my OT rate is almost $80/hr
>>
>>33645782

LOL booo hoo such teen angst.

Get over yourself you little faggot.
>>
>>33645897
>I'm not a boomer, but you kids sure are dumb
lol
>>
>>33645927

So take out some loans. Four years of seminary isn't that expensive.

It also depends on what denomination you go to. I go to a United Methodist church and they have a training program you can opt into instead of seminary. Takes longer but it's free and you can work and raise a family while you do it.
>>
>>33645927
>When can I start?
when the guy i got working for me quits.
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6902vWku404
>>
>>33645791
This.
They also get promoted more then the ones prompted take care of the new females. Truth.
Men actually promote equally. Men don't just promote men, because they are fair, or are afried of HR lawsuits
>>
>>33645897
>anon is supposed to know another anon's age because magic
>calls other people retards
:^)

You're a boomer or boomer apologist, cry more fuccboi.
>>
>>33645387

How's it feel knowing that you are nothing without your friends? In a perfect world where merit mattered more than Rolodexes, you would be unemployed.
>>
>>33645816
I've never been asked if I had a car or transportation, so I doubt that is what was preventing me.

And even if it was... what the fuck do I do about that? Cars cost money, which you need a job for.
>>
>>33645984
Bullshit.
>>
Selling drugs.

Viable alternative from a cost/benefit point of view?
>>
>>33645921

Hmm you really think height has something to do with it?

I mean I have the same story he does and I am 6' 3".

I always assumed it was simply because I applied myself while others did not.

You are claiming his success is due to his height and nothing more?
>>
>>33646007

Yeah I've worked a lot of jobs in my day and the only time I was asked about a car was when I was obviously a teenager.
>>
>>33645984
And women aren't afraid of lawsuits...?
>>
>>33646002

Not that guy, but considering youre nothing WITH your friends, I bet he feels pretty good :^)
>>
>>33646029
If you don't take risk or moral accountability into account selling drugs is probably a pretty good option
>>
>>33645955

WTF is this attitude, only people above 60+ years of age can see what ignorant little faggots you are?
>>
>>33642695
>This is hard
>That is unfair

Fuck right on off.
>>
>>33646029

Unless you're selling coke or meth or heroin you're making minimum wage. You'd make more money car hopping. You know what car hopping is?
>>
>>33645946
>Americans can't shut up about how they live in a meritocracy of sorts
"IF YOU WORK HARD AND KNOW YOUR STUFF, YOU CAN MAKE IT HERE, GOD BLESS THE USA!"

>people bring up the reality that while there is truth to the meritocracy claim, there's also a bogged down hiring system due to rampant nepotism, the good guy doesn't always win, but rather, the guy that knows the good guy wins because he gets dat homie hookup

Fucking merchants.
>>
>>33643507
i would murder my family if they sabotaged my job and aspiration lol
>>
>Tfw 21, and set for life. My gilded dick will penetrate your unemployed asshole like none other.
>>
Just a question for you 'mericans, how hard is it to get a job as a garbage collector or others that most people wouldn't do? Are they also hard to get hired to?
>>
>>33646056
Why would they be?

>>33646097
Networking is a part of working hard and knowing your stuff.

It's an ugly, morally questionable part, but it's a part nonetheless, and social skills are important for nearly any profession anyway.
>>
>>33646063
OK. Well, I might consider it then.

>>33646094
No, that phrase is new to me.
>>
>>33646018

Not bullshit in my experience, men have always been more fair about promotion than women.
>>
Seriously considering camming or doing fetish videos. Do people still buy those? Honest question.
>>
>>33646002

LOL so mad.
>>
>>33646029

I grow and deal weed and pills. It makes me sick to the stomach but without it i'd probably be homeless and starving so its a necessary evil.
>>
>>33644000
I looked up this FizzBuzz thing and don't really get it. Couldn't you just do a test to see if the number was divisible by 15 for FizzBuzz?
>>
File: 1396126235568.png (872 KB, 624x658) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396126235568.png
872 KB, 624x658
>be army
>live in barracks
>living is comfy
>don't make much in garrison, but it is stable
>deploy and make good untaxed money
>terrified to go out into the real world because of shit I see and hear about ITT
>>
>>33646206
You should probably take risk into account though. You might live lavish for a year until someone just shoots you in the face because they needed their fix and didnt have money.

Or you might live like a peasant for 2 months until that happens.

>>33646237
Are you a cute girl?
>>
>>33646097

Boo hoo reality and human behavior does not effect me in a positive way.

I am a special snowflake that should have zero hardships and should have everything handed to me.
>>
File: 1405815302816.jpg (38 KB, 256x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405815302816.jpg
38 KB, 256x320
>>33644796
> toppers of lels
Holy shit that was funny.
>>
>>33646046
It is actually pretty common in Los angeles. I have been turned down for jobs before because "no, you have to have a car". Even thou I am never late at my current job. It is like a tick box hr crosses off
>>
>>33646206

Find a nice neighborhood. Dress inconspicuously. Walk down one side of the road checking for unlocked cars. When you find one, look for valuable things. Take them. Rinse and repeat. If a dog barks, a car alarm goes off, someone challenges you, book it down a pre-planned escape route, drop your backpack in a hidden location, and call it done for the night.

I find it morally objectionable but I know people who make 300 a night doing that.
>>
>>33646265
If you're a veteran, and you were smart and used your gub'mint money to get a good degree, you're at the top of the shitpile, anon. Enjoy your free ride to the lower middle class. Try to avoid debt.
>>
>>33646296
I think so, yeah.
>>
>>33646044
>You are claiming his success is due to his height and nothing more?
Prepare to get pilled red.


Some jobs do require or at least favor tall people, including some manual labor jobs, law enforcement, most professional sports, flight attendants, and fashion modeling. US Military pilots have to be 64 to 77 inches (160 to 200 cm) tall with a sitting height of 34 to 40 inches (86 to 102 cm).[10] These exceptions noted, in the great majority of cases a person’s height would not seem to have an effect on how well they are able to perform their job. Nevertheless, studies have shown that short people are paid less than taller people, with disparities similar in magnitude to the race and gender gaps.[11]

Surveys have uncovered that less than 3% of CEOs were below 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) in height. Ninety percent of CEOs are of above average height.[12]


http://www.jonathanrauch.com/jrauch_articles/height_discrimination_short_guys_finish_last/

This bears repeating:

>Surveys have uncovered that less than 3% of CEOs were below 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) in height. Ninety percent of CEOs are of above average height
>>
>>33646314

People without cars will and do show up late.
If you have shift workers this creates a problem.
>>
>>33645123
Actually the military is undergoing major force reductions
>>
>>33646237
It's easier than other job but it'll take a while before you can make decent money, you want to have that as a sideline, have a bit more but don't rely on it to bring you a good income.
>>
>>33643204
Moderately time consuming job application procedures are just a handy way to weed out lazy applicants.
>>
>>33646314

Are you a teenager? Do you look young? Why don't you just lie?
>>
>>33646304
You know how I know you're a faggot?
>>
>>33644796
> toppest of lels
Holy shit that was funny.
Also fuck captcha it took me like 10 tries to post this
>>
File: rin sketch.png (437 KB, 835x1777) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rin sketch.png
437 KB, 835x1777
>>33646237
yes. fucking bbw-chan is 75% advertizing now. /preg/ is almost 100% ads for fucking pay videos.
>TFW trying to find a non-sjw fat gf
fat fetish is suffering.
>>
>>33646296
So basically it comes down to what kind of drug I sell and how to read my clientel?
>>
>>33646350
You could try it. You've really got nothing to lose if you don't put your real name anywhere.

If it turns out pervs love you you could even start your own website and sell used panties or something for like $200 a pop.

I remember seeing one average looking woman who sold shit-caked panties, and cupcakes made with shit in them on her website.
>>
File: bam.gif (436 KB, 320x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bam.gif
436 KB, 320x180
>>33646265
>work min wage
>join navy
>Get kicked out because diagnosed with ADHD in 90's and they checked my records after i had a cold
>>
>>33646405

Because anyone not circle jerking your pathetic teen angst position is a faggot according to you.
>>
poor manlets get fucked over twice, kek
>>
>>33643522
>My "favorite" moment is when my dad decided to cut off my internet, as punishment for not applying to enough jobs.

Seems reasonable, its his internet.
>>
>>33646416
And how lucky you get. There's also the non-0 chance of getting arrested, but tbh that can only really further your drug dealing career by giving you access to more clients once you get out.

Thanks, private prison system.
>>
>>33645248
What the fuck are they rolling? That's definitely not weed...
Looks like grinded parsley
>>
>>33646412

>have pregnancy fetish

>marry traditional Christian woman who wants a big family

Life is good.
>>
>>33646056
Hahhahhahhahhaahahahhahh bahhahbb. Hahhahahhahahatozbon
Don't you know courts think women can't be sexist? Only men can, just like blacks can't be racist. Hahhahahhahahatozbon oh man.
also, not saying they promote lazy women, but if there are out of 20 people two men and one women good enough to move up, be sure they will pick the women
>>
>>33646339
Hm. Can work for a short-time income I suppose.
>>
>>33643507
Tell her a guy with a college degree but zero work experience isn't worth a whole lot.
>>
>>33646455
What records?
>>
>>33642695
You wouldn't need 100 applications if you Republicans didn't globalize and outsource every fucking job to China-India.
>>
>>33645912

Only when dick is involved. I've banged 3 of my 8 HR 'superiors' across multiple jobs. When there aren't guys on the team, women are generally pretty chill. The moment you put even a normal looking dude into the mix its like pouring a gallon of blood into a pirhana tank.
>>
>>33646465
How about the way you type, you insufferable little bitch? Ever think about toning it down on the defense mechanism when people call out nepotism as bullshit? Makes you look like a booty-bothered little nigger that knows he doesn't deserve his job. Just remember, if you stab the wrong people in the back and lose it all, you'll be just like the normal gent that doesn't have 50 references and 10 different family members to give them a job.
>>
>>33646526
education records

why they checked that, i have no idea. All i know is one minute i'm going to sick bay, the next to the shrink, then i'm told to pack my bags and i lingure in seps for a month.
>>
>>33646367
People WITH cars show up late. So fuck your shit middleclass prejudge.
>>33646402
Nope, 32. When I was a teenager I had a car. I'm also white and dress like I go to church
>>
>>33643992
Yeah I did 9 months work experience, just getting unemployment benefit plus €50 a week for food, travel, workwear etc. I did get a job at the end of it though, so I can't complain.
>>
>>33646623
Fuck. I had ADHD too, and just didn't say shit about it.

Oh well, here's hoping I don't get sick I guess.
>>
>NEET
>apply at Costco
>stack boxes
>$11.50 starting
>$21.50 after a few years
>become manager telling people where to stack boxes
>$30
Idiocracy was a documentary
>>
>>33646635

So why not just lie? I've had to lie a few times in the past to get a job.
>>
>>33646441
I think I'd rather do used socks.
>>
>>33646607

Boo hoo
>>
>>33646646
you SHOULD be fine.

Just remember to never touch your face, and about 10% of the shit they yell at you for the first couple weeks is ACTUALLY within your control let alone your fault.
>>
>>33646678
You can stop crying now, no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>33646635
>People WITH cars show up late. So fuck your shit middleclass prejudge.

Sure but when that happens it is for legit reasons or they flat out suck and should be fired.


People without cars are constantly late due to shit out of their control.

Take your class driven mentality and die in a fire.
>>
>>33644000
Weren't you totally unable to do the job though?
>>
>>33643872
Why is it that people are so hell-bent on decreasing the standard or living?
>>
>>33646730

Not him but i worked for 8 months, 4-5 shifts a week and was not late once using public transportation, or Taxis if the buses didn't work.

Flat out denying work because a person doesn't have a car is a stupid generalization.
>>
File: 1384637197775.png (300 KB, 454x395) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1384637197775.png
300 KB, 454x395
>apply for a job
>get interview
>"Sorry you are overqualified"
Why set up an interview to begin with?
>>
>>33646367
>Not having a car when you're over the age of 21
you can buy a beater on craigslist for 400 dollars. You have no excuse.
>but I
you have no excuse. There is no excuse for an american to not own a car when they're over the age of 21. it costs less than the newest xbox.
>>
>>33646665
How tough is it to get a job at Costco compared to other stores? I hear its a pretty amazing place to work.
>>
>>33646730
>People without cars are constantly late due to shit out of their control.
Like what?

If it takes me 60 minutes to walk to work, and I leave 90 minutes before my shift starts so I have time to do shit like change into my uniform or whatever, what could possibly delay me that's outside of my control?
>>
>>33646830
>you can buy a beater on craigslist for 400 dollars. You have no excuse.
I don't have $400
>>
>>33646831
You literally just have to go in and look the manager square in the hand and shake his eye with your resume

(seriously)

it's old-school as fuck, Idiocracy was right
>>
>>33646777

Nope just modifying my selections based off the reality that I actually had to deal with all the fucking time.

After we stopped hiring people without cars we stopped having problems with people showing up hours late to their shifts.


I am sorry reality does not mesh well with the fantasy world you live in.
>>
Why has no one posted the boomer meme image macros? That is the only reason I am refreshing this thread
>>
>>33646044
No, the point is he was e-statting so hard, it's a surprise he didn't include his
>6'3" master race
>9 inch penis
>>
>>33646891
Maybe try /r/boomers you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>33644705
>>works at least 60 hours a week

Silly Americans. Maybe if you cut down on working hours you could less unemployment.
>>
>>33646879

I literally just got a car given to me by a Christian charity. Go to church. Network. That shit pays off. Plus you'll get into heaven.
>>
>>33646889

> Real life.
> Fantasy world.

Whatever man.
>>
>>33646441
>I remember seeing one average looking woman who sold shit-caked panties, and cupcakes made with shit in them on her website.

What the FUCK is wrong with those people... seriously how the hell is that arousing in any way?
>>
>>33643952
>Parents had a college fund

There had to be something
>>
>>33646880
Too bad I've been a NEET for the last year since I graduated college and don't have anything to put on my resume.
>>
>>33646843

Bus broken down.
Heavy traffic
Missing the bus.

And other reasons that I am unfamiliar with.
I don't know why it was such a problem but it was.
>>
>>33646935
I try not to think about it
>>
>>33646811
They weren't sure you were white until they saw you in person.

They were looking for someone non-white.
>>
>>33645031
>$.50 raise in the third month
So... McDonald's?
>>
>>33646955
Who gives a fuck about the bus, unless there's 50 of them broken down and literally blocking my egress from my house, they cannot stop me walking to work
>>
>>33646879
Yes you do. Save up for a month. Sell blood.

If insurance is an issue, motorcycles are cheap to insure, and even cheaper to fuel. For 1000 miles, it costs me 45 dollars to fuel my 600CC. it's faster than a brand new basemodel corvette too and it cost me 1200 dollars.
>>
Try for security jobs- here they are always short on sane people.
>>
>>33646980
Funny because I'm a shitskin
>>
>>33646952

Just lie man. Especially when it comes to shitty jobs like that. Or at the very least say you did charity / volunteer work.

Lying on a resume for a career is a bad idea, but at places where you're literally stacking boxes, they wont give a fuck so long as you make it look like youve worked at a place for 1+ years.

It makes you look dependable.
>>
>>33646352

>64 to 77 inches tall
>between 5'4 and 6'5

Like 95% of the population falls into that window
>>
>>33647002
.50/hr is still over a thousand a year for a full time job
>>
I need to get a job. Just moved to a new state. I plan on creating a fake resume to hand to employers (because my current one is shit; got fired for smoking weed in a grocery store, got fired for arguing with a coworker; and other job I got fired due to false rape accusations so I cant use any of these places as references)
Do employers actually call your previous ones? I just really need a fucking job. I'm a pretty good worker but weird social skills and kinda ugly too. I'm worried about putting in some random hotel as a past employer then having a manager call and get told "uhhhh... that guy never worked here"
>>
>>33645281
>>Why don't you try volunteering? It looks good on a resume
>>People literally expect you to work for free to get a "better" slavemaster

You think self-employed people don't lose money at the start before they make money?
>>
>>33647167
If you have any friends, just ask them to help you out and be a fake reference.
>>
>>33647025
>Save up for a month.
I don't have a job.

>Sell blood.
So like $40 a week. 10 Weeks later I have a shitty vehicle I cannot insure.

>If insurance is an issue, motorcycles are cheap to insure, and even cheaper to fuel.
I just looked. There's not one for sale for $400 on my local CL. Maybe there's one in the newspapers, but I doubt it.

So that's more time I have to sell blood, and more time I have to spend unemployed, and even if they're cheaper to insure, I still can't afford it
>>
>>33646955
Cars get caught in traffic too.
You always take a early bus I case one breaks down. And of course if you live somewhere with shit bus service, don't use a bus. Walk or bike. Why was your comapny hiring a bunch of entitled Mexicans that didn't know how to get to work on the bus on time?
>>33646830
Um, it is more like $700 if you want something that runs. Plus CA insurance plus gas is 4.20g here. Plus a beater is going to have repairs and shit.
BESIDES THE POINT IS I USE THE BUS NOW AND AM NEVER LATE, WHY CAN'T I GET A BETTER JOB AND NEVER BE LATE?
>>
>>33647209
I just moved to a new state and don't know anyone. Don't even have any friends in my old state either. But I was thinking of doing that and having my parents pose as a previous manager.
>>
>>33647167

Firstly, cut out the arguing and weed smoking while at work you fucking idiot.

Secondly, sometimes they do call your references, its pretty rare honestly for shitty retail work, but it happens. I personally just make places up, probably quite easy if you're moving interstate.

Just give them the number of a friend and tell them if X calls to pretend to run a business, they don't have to make up a whole story, just tell them the name of the business you said they own / work for and have them recommend you.
>>
>>33647167
This so hard. I am you. You are me. Bumping for this mother fucker right here. This.

THIS.
this.
>>
>>33647189
>>33645281
Literally an entire page of my resume is volunteer work. I do it because it makes me feel good.

Still unemployed.
>>
>>33645762
Why should women give up jobs they're better at doing?
>>
>>33647236

Probably your best bet.
>>
>>33647230
>Why was your comapny hiring a bunch of entitled Mexicans that didn't know how to get to work on the bus on time?

Good question, that is why we stopped.
>>
>>33645781
It just means you have to tailor your aptitude test to the job you're expecting them to perform, rather than use a standardised IQ test. I still don't like the verdict, but its not as bad as I thought initially.
>>
>>33647167
You sound unempyable. What a fucking loser.
>>
>>33647236
Not even any online friends that could help you out? I recently moved and I know store that recently went under at my town, so getting one of my online friends to help me BS so I don't have a three year unemployment gap.
>>
>>33645071

Actually, it changed one industry drastically. You used to be able to get a job as a longshoreman by going to the dispatch hall, writing your name on a sheet and waiting patiently until work came your way... When that happened, you were registered on the spot and given a plate, which meant you were officially an employee of the PMA/BCMEA. Thanks to 9/11, they shifted to mass hirings every few years. Now the government of Canada mandated that only applications could be given to union members, further closing the circle.

Thanks to 9/11 and government enforced nepotism, it is more difficult than ever to get a well paying, honest, job. Because muh security.

The job pays six figures when you put your time in and all you needed to do was be patient and hang out at the dispatch hall.
>>
>>33647249

Very very very very few jobs cunts are "better" at doing.
>>
>>33645791
>If your boss is a woman, you've already got it because of the sisterhood.

Lol.
Where's that /pol/ article with the all-female media office when I need it?
>>
>>33647238
That shit happened when I was young and immature. I've grown up quite a bit since then. I cringe thinking back on the time I smoked weed inside a store... god I was such a fucking idiot. And the coworker fight was because a fucking shithead manlet was starting shit with me and wanted to fight, so I fucking shoved his batter-covered hand in a fryer haha. But yeah I think I'm just gonna use my parents as some fake-employers.
>>
>>33645939
>I just said I worked 65 (not 60) hours a week

Jesus, why?
>>
>>33647249
Gossiping about co-workers and mucking up an establishment with office politics constitutes as being "better" at a job? List 5 jobs that women are objectively better at doing, and don't be a retard and list things that are gender specific like "mother".
>>
>>33647102
That's pilots dude, the point is that if you're a manlet (under 6'), good luck ever being a CEO or anyone of improtance.
>>
>>33647336
I've grown up since then, I was like 17-18 at that stage in my life.
>>33647338
Nah for some reason I don't make friends online. Not sure why honestly. I guess it's because of my anti-social behavior.
>>
>>33647230
Um you can afford 700

Um you can learn to clean the carb and sell it for a profit

UM there's an FAQ on damn near every UJM on google

UM you can UM google UM ujm UM so you UM know what it UM means

UM you're your own UM problem

UM take some personal UM responsability

UM UM UM UM UM you don't have to type out UM because this is text and not UM speech and i don't need to hear onomatopoeias of you trying to formulate an excuse for your laziness. UM.
>>
>>33647457
>Um you can afford 700
Um, No I can't. I don't have a job.
>>
>>33647508
then sell blood. Sell your videogames. sell your shit.
>>
>>33647353
>Very very very very few jobs cunts are "better" at doing.

Then why are they being hired over men?
And don't give me the quota bollocks, we don't even have that in Ireland and still have many female dominated professions.
>>
>>33647457
>>33647508
>>33647543
>um
WHY IS THIS A THING?

SO PROBLEMATIC

GO BACK TO TUMBLR
>>
>>33647543
Don't have video games, or any shit really besides clothing, and were I to sell blood it would take literal months to be able to afford a car that, as I have stated above, I cannot afford to insure.

I need a job before I get a car.
>>
>>33647322
The real bad thing is you are charged with racisim even if racisim isn't the intent. It causes a lot of weird laywering and rulings. A little off topic thou
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91 KB, 323x323) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91 KB, 323x323
>>33647566
>Then why are women hired over men?
Had me going for a while. 4/10
>>
What is /tv/'s stance on these temp to hire positions? I literally just got off a call with a guy who is looking for an entry level programmer at some hedge fund and they said that they want someone to fill a temporary position for a few months which would turn full time after they see that I am capable of doing the job. I almost certainly won't get the job because I've been a NEET for over a year now and the gap is going to look terrible on my resume but I still want to know what these temp to hire positions are like
>>
>>33647566
>Then why are they being hired over men?
They are? For what? Child care? Teaching? Nursing? Social work?

How the fuck do you expect to have a conversation if you're going to be an ambiguous little cunt? Be specific you idiot, stop wasting our time. Come back with facts, not muh feels.

Is Ireland the new Sweden?
>>
>>33647649
Fill in the NEET shit with volunteer work.
>>
>>33645158
I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, the closest city-base is more than a reasonable drive away. I would need a job that pays good enough to cover the travel costs and everything is minimum wage.
>>
>>33647631
>Where do i sell blood
google it retard.
>it would take months before i could afford a car
then starve to death. Where does your food come from?
>>
>>33647649
>/tv/'s stance on...
Who gives a shit pedophile.
>>
>>33647418
>List 5 jobs that women are objectively better at doing, and don't be a retard and list things that are gender specific like "mother".
Accountants, nurses, teachers, secretaries, financial managers.
>>
>>33645158
>being proud of being underaged
lol
>>
>>33647701
I did not ask where to sell blood. I know that information is available to me, it's just not an option to solve my unemployment right now, as it does not pay enough here to be able to afford to buy, and then insure, even the shittiest car.

>then starve to death. Where does your food come from?
I live with my grandmother.
>>
>>33647670
You can see which sectors have an over 50% female workforce.
http://womensenews.org/story/economyeconomic-policy-labor/120526/wage-gap-womens-median-wages-compared-mens-in-the-same
>>
>>33647053
What if I've worked at multiple places for ~1 year each but I have a huge employment gap?
>>
>>33647752
But women are shit at all of those things
>>
>>33647803
>What if I've worked at multiple places for ~1 year each but I have a huge employment gap?

My last recruitment agent told me to make up a story about travelling around Europe. Something that makes you look like you weren't sitting on your arse, anyway. But nothing that requires much proof.
>>
>>33647752
>Accountants
>financial managers
>teachers
>nurses
AHAHAHAHAHA


http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2012-08-13/male-teachers-education-reform/57039176/1

http://ricochet.com/archives/why-do-students-prefer-male-teachers/

http://www.nursetogether.com/male-nurses-are-better-than-female-nurses

Being a secretary is bitch work, most men are never given the chance to be one, and accountants and financial managers deal with math. Are you going to fucking tell me your average woman is better than your average man at math?
>>
>>33645584
Whoever thought that format was a good idea needs to die.
>>
File: butthurt.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
butthurt.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>33647790
>Acquiring currency to purchase a vehicle with which i can commute to work with is not an option
you are a nigger. You are literally a nigger. you don't want to work, you don't want to sacrifice for your own benefit, you don't want to better yourself, you are a nigger. Rot.
>>
>>33647450
>google this because I'm sure it's simple trolling
>find this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination#In_business

>tfw
>>
>>33647802

You cunts are aware that men do not get paid the same as other men right?
>>
>>33647822
>But women are shit at all of those things

Then it comes back to the question, why are they being hired over men?
>>
>>33647900
>accountants and financial managers deal with math. Are you going to fucking tell me your average woman is better than your average man at math?

There's a lot more to those jobs than math, believe it or not. You've got to have a good relationship with your clients and whoever you're reporting too.
>>
>>33647802
>a sector has over 50% of a center gender workforce
>this must mean the dominant gender is better
AYY LMAO
>>
File: 1406436975806.jpg (13 KB, 278x278) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406436975806.jpg
13 KB, 278x278
>>33648013
And all men are autistic spergs incapable of holding a conversation, amirite :^)? Your job as an accountant or financial manager isn't primarily to blow smoke up the ass of whoever you're working for. Fuck me sideways you cunts are clueless.
>>
>>33647962

Women hire women.

Film at 11
>>
>>33647852
>My last recruitment agent told me to make up a story about travelling around Europe. Something that makes you look like you weren't sitting on your arse, anyway. But nothing that requires much proof.
Wouldn't that just constitute digging myself into a hole? I mean, if someone asks about it later and I don't know shit about Europe, what happens then? Lol
>>
>>33648091
>And all men are autistic spergs incapable of holding a conversation, amirite :^)?

No, just most of the ones on /pol/ apparently, myself excluded.

All I'm saying is they get hired more and get paid more on average, and since I'm an accounting trainee myself I've discovered there really is a lot more interpersonal stuff and less maths than I thought, much to my disappointment.
>>
>>33648013

Women just go away, you are not converting anyone in fact you are only making me hate cunts even more.
>>
>>33648013
Haha.
Women still pulling the work as a social outing line. I don't care if my accountant is half autistic as long as he gets the math and paper work right. Maybe if women didn't spend so much time chatting and buying cake for the 3pm party break they could do more work.
>>
>>33647938
I do want to work. I have applied to dozens of places, and walked there in the early morning (I always look up their opening hours online and be there then) to introduce myself to the manager.

The thing about cars is they need insurance and fuel. Which I cannot afford. And the cheap ones you are recommending will need repairs. I would need to sell blood (assuming that is an option, as there is only one small hospital within a 10 mile radius of where I live) literally twice a week for over three months to afford to even buy a shitty car, let alone insure one.

I do want to work. But I am incapable of spending large amounts of money that I do not have, in order to get a vehicle that I do not need, that I would then need to finance with more money that, again, I do not have.

How much blood have you sold, anon? Just curious.
>>
>>33647954
That's really your argument? That's all you've got? Because a field is saturated with a certain gender, that certain gender MUST be better?

*slow clap*

Stunning stupidity, just stunning. Nevermind the articles linked that most patients prefer male nurses, or that students perform better under and yearn for a male educator (especially male pupils) because they aren't preconditioned bitter feminist cunts. I'm just loling so hard that you think women are being *hired* over men in education and nursing, not that men tend to stay the fuck away from those fields because of stigmas.
>>
>>33648164
Yeah I'm not sure I'd take that route either. But making up something you can kinda bluff your way through might be good. I doubt you'll get an extensive interrogation about it, just a few questions.
>>
>>33648178
>No, just most of the ones on /pol/ apparently, myself excluded.
Top lel, you're not a female ostensibly, how convenient :^). You're just a humungous suck-up that's provided no information to back your claim that women are *BETTER* at the 5 listed careers.

>All I'm saying is they get hired more and get paid more on average
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

First women were better, now they just get hired more. Which is it?
>>
>>33648184
>Women just go away, you are not converting anyone in fact you are only making me hate cunts even more.

I'm sorry if I'm hurting your brain with uncomfortable thoughts.
>>
>>33646263

>the point

You missed it...
>>
>>33648306
>First women were better, now they just get hired more. Which is it?

Why else would they get hired more?
>>
>>33648340
>unsubstantiated claims and goalpost moving
Man, I bet you're making rattle with anger. Every job should be a huge social get together, end math, programming, and other patriarchal technical tools of oppression and let's all live in feminist touchy-feely harmony :^))))))))))

When I'm in need of a nurse, I just hope to fuck she can chat me up and down the street ten ways till Sunday. Do I care if she administered the right dosage or did other things required of a caregiver? Fuck no, her #1 priority should be talking a good game and keeping me entertained.
>>
>>33644000

Do you mean you lied about your certs?

I am not a programmer, but I can write a fizzbuzz in c.

Doesn't mean I would be able to do a programmer's job.
>>
>>33648437
>Why else would they get hired more?
Why else would illegal immigrants get hired more for field work? They're better gringo, stay mad ayy lmao!
>>
>>33648437
>being this naive.
>>
>>33648512
>not answering the question
>>
>>33648437
Things that don't exist:

>nepotism
>the sisterhood
>grrrrrrl powrrrrrrrr!!!!
>certain lines of work being gender dominant (more male sysadmins, significantly less male nurses)

DURR Y DO WORLD WORK?
>>
>>33648560
Articles were provided and explanations were given. They weren't to your liking apparently, but you won't give a rebuttal. Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>33648464
>Man, I bet you're making rattle with anger.
I'm not even sure what you mean.

>Every job should be a huge social get together, end math, programming, and other patriarchal technical tools of oppression and let's all live in feminist touchy-feely harmony :^))))))))))
I'm sorry you've lost the argument and have resorted to hyperbole.
>>
>>33648562
>>nepotism
With most business being managed by men on average, this would lead to more male employees, not less.
>>the sisterhood
>>grrrrrrl powrrrrrrrr!!!!
Probably true to some extent, but that means that women managed to get a foothold in these industries to begin with somehow.
>>certain lines of work being gender dominant (more male sysadmins, significantly less male nurses)
Agreed, there's social pressure to gravitate towards jobs more traditional to your gender.
>>
>>33648560
This is in line with similar statements Browder made regarding Heroes of the Storm. Yet in discussing this workplace gender imbalance, he notes "It's not because we don't want more women developers, it's just what the industry is," but then follows this up by arguing that when it comes to hiring women game designers, "I just don't get the applications."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/5741992/tomodachi-life-heroes-of-the-storm-blizzard-nintendo

MEN ARE PROPORTIONALLY BETTER THAN WOMEN AT TEH VIDYA GAEM MAKING TO THEIR RATIOS IN GAME DEVELOPMENT


IF MEN MAKE UP 90% OF GAME DEVS, CLEARLY THEY MUST BE 90% BETTER OR SOME SHIT

IT'S NOT THAT CERTAIN FIELDS ATTRACT CERTAIN PEOPLE (READ: GENDERS)
>>
>>33648680
Not even that guy, but face it, you lost femtard. We posted the reasons. You injored them . Now respond to something besides my spelling mistake.


I find it laughable that you think ANY job, male or women is filled by the best person for it and not other things
>>
>>33643265
Bro, you're an idiot.

Actual manager here, HR is useless and filters out possibly good candidates.

That's why we outsource candidate searching to an agency who work on commission instead of some retarded power trip.

Get a real job, fag.
>>
>>33648680
>I'm sorry you've lost the argument and have resorted to hyperbole.
Oh, the argument where you provide no counter information to what's been provided ITT? You cite fields with a greater presence of females over males, and you draw the conclusion that women are better than men at those fields. That's so stupid on so many levels, but for brevity, I'll provide you with a 6th grade concept:

CORRELATION=/=CAUSATION

>>33648778
>With most business being managed by men on average, this would lead to more male employees, not less.
>HR isn't filled to the brim with cunts
Oy fucking vey you're pulling my leg, stop it Chaim, this tickles.
>>
>>33648778
98% of people work for big companies. The people that do the hiring are not running the company.
>>
>>33648807
Would you not agree that if he hired only women, the quality of the programming staff would drop dramatically, if he could fill the positions at all?

Likewise, I think the accountancy profession would suffer from expelling all female workers, as originally suggested here.
>>33645762
>Until you woman walk out of the offices en masse this shit will continue. It's up to women to make the change peacefully. The value of our labor (I mean all people now) has diminished because there's more motherfuckers that want the jobs than there are jobs obviously
>>
>>33644000
Did you lie about college education? Or did you just say you could program?
>>
>>33649026
>Would you not agree that if he hired only women, the quality of the programming staff would drop dramatically, if he could fill the positions at all?
It's possible, and I'm certain a lot more of it would have to do with how uncharted women game devs are by and large. I'm sure there are some old battle axes that are badass at what they do, but most of the cunts you'd find would be XD GRRLLL GAMURRRRRRR "the cake is a lie xD" 20 somethings that are sorely lacking in experience.


>Likewise, I think the accountancy profession would suffer from expelling all female workers, as originally suggested here.
You can't tell us why though. Women are chatty, they know how to be social butterflies, we get it.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/role-accountant-play-business-operations-411.html

>Financial Data Management

>The accounting structure of a company is an essential component to business operations. One of the primary roles of an accountant usually involves the collection and maintenance of financial data, as it relates to a company or firm. The accountant ensures that financial records are maintained in compliance with lawful and accepted procedures and policies on the corporate level. The financial information for any organization should be kept in a pristine system because it is a key component used in operating and managing any business. Managing the financial data of an organization can also include more sophisticated duties, such as developing, implementing and maintaining financial data bases, as well as establishing and monitoring control procedures.

This sounds like the sort of stuff that can be done over a warm beverage, coffee cake, and co-worker gossiping.
>>
>>33648908
Quit spouting this fucking meme like it means anything.

Correlation = correlation. It means the two variables are dependent on each other or related in some meaningful way. It doesn't mean you just get to toss whatever he said out the window. Causation doesn't matter.
Thread replies: 429
Thread images: 40
Thread DB ID: 8543



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.