[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Requesting help on choosing a camera please! My wife wants a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Requesting help on choosing a camera please! My wife wants a camera for Christmas and has tasked me with researching which one to get her (for under $500). Me being the lazy mofo that I am, decided to come here first and ask you guys! Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
>>
still lurking
>>
>>2979103
Just get her a Canon Rebel so you can stay being a lazy bastard
>>
>>2979112
>>2979103
Also use the gear thread
>>
>>2979103
Nikon D3300 or Sony A6000 if you want to buy new. If used gear is an option you have much more options.
>>
>>2979121
I could do used if in good condition.
>>
>>2979124
If you are going to buy used, ask about shutter count. Shutters fail after a while (usually around 100 000 actuations).

If you buy used you can get more lenses, or an old enthusiast / ancient pro body. Without knowing what kind of photography your wife is interested in i can't make a good recommendation.
>>
>>2979121

>>2979144 (You)
If she is a complete beginner, you shouldn't think too much. Just get her one of those two. She will not be disappointed (unless she wants a pocketable camera i guess).
>>
Yeah we're both complete beginners. Thanks I will look into those, and browse some used ones for kicks. Thanks guys
>>
>>2979149
The a6000 is the better choice for the beginner, the EVF gives a wysiwyg preview of the image you're about to take, taking the guesswork out. it's also massively more compact and will fit in her handbag.
>>
>>2979121
Seconding this but also suggesting the K-50, maybe more than the D3300 (which has a lot of features removed from upper range models -even software ones- and a very small buffer).

That said, I'm on the Sony.
>>
>>2979163
A6000 is smaller but it's not so much lighter at all. D3300 is cheaper, especially if he buys refurbished red version. For the price difference he could get an entry level telephoto lens. Also, lenses for D3300 are cheaper, used or new.

(i hope you will not recommend adaptation of ancient manual focus lenses to complete beginners)

If you have a tighter budget i think D3300 is a better choice. Both are good though.
>>
File: le slayer man XD.png (204KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
le slayer man XD.png
204KB, 500x657px
>>2979146
>>>2979144 (You)
>>2979144 (You)>>2979144 (You)
>>
>>2979103
Canon Rebels are basically the perfect cameras for beginners. Just get her one of those. I started on a T3i years ago, and still use it professionally every now and again. Get her that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.