[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instant Printers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: shopping.jpg (9KB, 339x235px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
9KB, 339x235px
Hi /p/, I feel like this is the best place to ask this. I'm on a college budget, so I don't exactly have money for a dedicated camera, so my Galaxy s5 serves that purpose. I have a little disposable cash and I'd like to purchase a mobile instant printer. Do any of you have experience with the Fujifilm Instax, Polaroid Zip, or the Canon Selphie printers? The price of the printer itself doesnt concern me all that much, I'd just like to know what has the best picture quality and most cost effective paper cartridges. Any advice?
>>
>>2762312
They're very bad, but very convenient.
>>
>>2762317
Like I said, I'm taking pictures on a phone, so I can't expect the kind of quality a lot of you actual photographers get with woth your prints. I'd just like to know the best based off of the quality it can get, compared with its convenience. The Selphy for example has to be plugged in and weighs twice as much as the other two I mentioned, but if the quality is significantly better, I might consider it. I'm not limited to these three either, they just seem the best out of what I've found.
>>
>>2762327
just get them printed at a shop? you will get quality prints for 1/50th of the cost of a printer
>>
>>2762312
I think only the Instax will hold the IQ over the years, Polaroid might last only a couple of years.
>>
>>2762330
>OP asks for a portable printer
>anon tells to print at a shop
just /p/ things
>>
>>2762312
What you want is a Canon Selphy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Il3As1pms
Prints 4x6's. beautiful quality. don't bother with pola/instax printers.
>>
File: 20160207_021207.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160207_021207.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Pic related. Selphy Prints with my 910.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSPH-L720T
Camera SoftwareL720TVPUCOD2
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4128
Image Height2322
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:07 02:12:06
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness-0.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.20 mm
CommentMETADATA-START
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4128
Image Height2322
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDO13F0LAHA01
>>
File: 20160207_022040.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160207_022040.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Okay bad examples because of plastic photo inserts. If you're crying about lugging around the selphy. Instax costs 20 bucks for shit little credit card size. N2M the newer selphy cp1200 has battery you can charge. One ribbon on selphy prints 36 photos.
>>
File: Casanthros.png (601KB, 544x604px) Image search: [Google]
Casanthros.png
601KB, 544x604px
>>2762312
And that photo was taken with Galaxy S4. The print quality is beautiful. If only I had a dedicated digital camera. Anyways, hit up Amazon for Selphy, you will not be disapointed.
>>
Printing General?

I have some trouble with a lab where i go to print. The quality is pretty good when doing color prints, but, when printing B&W its kinda greenish. How to fix this? I need the grays grays, the blacks blacks, not greenish stuff.
>>
>>2763507

pls r-respond.
>>
>>2763507
make sure they're processing the film right, most places like walgreens etc don't process black and white film and if give your roll to them, they'll most likely process it as c41 and it'll basically ruin the roll
>>
>>2762312
God, these little things make me wish I had friends.

It'd be so cool to be at a party and just snap pictures of people and hand them out.

If only I'd gotten into photography back in college.
>>
>>2763507
They're printing it on color paper. The fuckboys who develop my color film did the same thing when I gave them a b&w roll. Go somewhere different, or ideally get access to a darkroom and do it yourself.
>>
Well, fuck. i didn't really NEED to spend $100-150 on a portable photo printer... but now...
>>
I have a Selphy CP910. The quality is okay, but not amazing - it's definitely worse & substantially more expensive than a shop or online printing service, even if it's just a self-service kiosk in a supermarket.
>>
>>2762365
Got anything to back that up?
>>
>>2764305
not him but instax is the only pocket printer that claims archival properties.
I own one and the prints are thick and tough and the image is covered in a bit of clear plastic that doesn't pick up fingerprints.
>>
>>2764205

no process here, i give them files with set sizes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.