[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rangefinder Calibration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6174scaled.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6174scaled.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
Help me /p/
I keep posting in the rangefinder thread but its pretty much dead.
Basically I'm a poorfag and brought a FED 3 in very good condition.
The only thing out is the vertical alignment.
From reading around the internet I still cannot figure out how to do this, I have no problem with the horizontal alignment though.

TL;DR I am noob help me calibrate my FED 3

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS Kiss X4
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
PhotographerJake Revell
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:03 18:10:16
Exposure Time1 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2761018
how bad is it?
I have a zorki where the vertical is off just very slightly and it's still perfectly usable. To calibrate the vertical on a zorki you need to take the top plates off and then adjust screws inside the camera.

Search flickr to figure out how to do this, i'm not sure.

if you don't have to do it, don't.
>>
>>2761056
Its only the vertical and its not too bad so I can focus still, but its not easy.
From what I've read you need to take off a bezel off but I'm not sure if it's the front circle window or the viewfinder bezel.
Also I have no clue what to do after I take off the correct bezel.
>>
>>2761056
>if you don't have to do it, don't.
probably the best idea, but I've heard its easy to do.
>>
>>2761018
Looking at the front there is a circular viewfinder and a square framing viewfinder. Light enters these holes and is passed through small prismatic bits of glass at angles. These are adjustable and when correct give you the right look between h and v on the focus.
Unfortunately you need to take the top off the camera and for this you need tools. Then you need and infinity tube - camera techs have these - so that infinity can be set on the prismatic glasses. If infinity is correct then all other measurements will be correct. So it's a pro repair.
Other than that stick at f8 and most of what you shoot will be in focus anyway. Cheers
>>
>>2761018
http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page422.htm ?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.