[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Cine film Anyone uses Cinestill, or Vision 2/3? Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: cine.jpg (260KB, 686x380px) Image search: [Google]
cine.jpg
260KB, 686x380px
ITT: Cine film

Anyone uses Cinestill, or Vision 2/3?

Anyone washes their own Vision film for shots? Before or after? ...Ive used some pre washed V3 (water+baking soda), looked like shit. Then shot V3 washed post-shot, and it looked decent when scanned, but still too yellow greenish, too lomoish.

Any other method besides water+baking soda wash for the remjet?

Pic is from somewhere else. Cinestill 800 i think.
>>
>>2759453
from http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/135-cinema-film-fpp-kodak-vision-250d-1-roll

>1. When pouring your chemistry back into your containers, please use a coffee filter in your funnel to capture any "rem jet" waste. This will keep your chemistry clean for re-use!

>2. After your Blix, rinse your film in a half bucket of hot water (80 - 102 degrees F) with a few table spoons of Baking Soda. With your thumb, gently rub the non-emulsion side of your film as you remove it from your film reel. Careful not to scratch the emulsion of your film. Final rinse under running water before submerging your film into the two-minute Stabilizer. You will see the black rem jet in your water as you rinse.

that or just shoot cinestill, not that much more expensive. or just be a normal person and shoot ektar or portra, they use vision 3 technology so don't vary much apart from color balance/speed
>>
>>2759456
>or just be a normal person and shoot ektar or portra

i dont wanna be normal. i have a brand new 400ft metal canister full of V2 200T waiting to be shot.
>>
>>2759453
I use Cinestill 50D. It's currently my favorite general-purpose color neg film, but the slow speed is a bitch when I'm not outside. I wish they spooled 250D into canisters too, I would buy that in a heartbeat. 800T has horrible, ugly grain that I can't get into.

I would never even consider removing the rem-jet layer myself.

OP, have you ever shot any Vision 2383? It's really slow but it doesn't have a remjet layer. Seems like it would be interesting.
>>
>>2759749
>Vision 2383

nope. never heard of it before.

>https://shotonwhat.com/film-print-stock/kodak-vision-color-23833383

theres a bunch of well known memes filmed with it.

will shoot a test roll i have (200T) as fast as i can and will dump here whatever the results are.
>>
>>2759487
bulk loading color film isn't a great idea, the emulsion gets easily scratched when you're spooling it into the cartridge
>>
>>2759756
>https://shotonwhat.com/film-print-stock/kodak-vision-color-23833383

None of these were filmed with 2383. 2383 is an exhibition stock for theaters, or it was until they all went digital. I remember seeing some films projected with it and they looked really great.
>>
File: trash_small.jpg (397KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
trash_small.jpg
397KB, 1000x667px
I've only shot one roll but, well, it was garbage.
washed after, I don't see how you'd do it before when you have to rub it until it's clean
>>
>>2760310
There are places you can send cine film for real ECN-II processing, like Seattle Filmworks. You'll probably have more favorable results doing it that way, but it's more expensive than cross-processing with C-41. I also hope you're shooting it with an 85C filter to undo the Tungsten blue shift.
>>
File: CANUTO.jpg (745KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CANUTO.jpg
745KB, 797x1200px
>will dump here whatever the results are

OP here. fucked up while charging the roll, so when i was taking it out, it was like i only rewinded 10 cms of film. fuck. the guy that washes the rolls said it came out blank. then he said "but there are 3 frames, superimposed".

so long story short: here is the result, 3 shots with lots of shit going on because of unintended multiple exposures. i like them.

1/3

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:08 00:26:30
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width797
Image Height1200
>>
File: LUIS.jpg (340KB, 1200x809px) Image search: [Google]
LUIS.jpg
340KB, 1200x809px
2/3

this one is my fave.

Image Created2016:02:08 00:25:39
Image Width1200
Image Height809
>>
File: TOMATES.jpg (726KB, 1200x806px) Image search: [Google]
TOMATES.jpg
726KB, 1200x806px
3/3

a heap of tasty looking tomatoes. and a bunch of assorted shit.

*veredict: this 200T works pretty alright. there is some shitty stuff in the shadows, maybe from pulling, maybe because it was scanned with a piece of shit from the stone age (some minolta thing that resembles a macintosh). i dig the colors a fuck ton and already looking to shoot night sceneries with it -with a properly loaded camera ofc-.

Image Created2016:02:08 00:27:52
Image Width1200
Image Height806
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.