[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

35mm f/1.8G vs 50mm f/1.8G

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: nikon-35mm-18g-size.jpg (91KB, 1000x449px) Image search: [Google]
nikon-35mm-18g-size.jpg
91KB, 1000x449px
Hello /p/,

I stopped taking pictures with my G3 about 3 months ago to buy my first DSLR. Now, after abusing of my 18-55mm kit lens, I find myself forced to take a step forward and buy my first prime lens.

I own a D3200 (with a crop sensor (DX)), and I have to decide between the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G DX or the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G DX-FX

Help me pls!
>>
>>2757580
They are very different lenses with very different purposes. Likely, if you actually have needs, one will suit those needs better than the other, and without you telling us about your style, we can't even begin to tell you the things you should realistically already know on your own.

Also,
>the gear thread
>>
>>2757585
Hmmm I'm really keen on taking portraits mainly and street photography. And bokeh. Lots of bokeh.

I'm just scared that the crop factor applied to the 50mm may make it become a tele.
>>
>>2757590
>crop factor applied to the 50mm may make it become a tele.

It does. It would be nice for portraits though. While not fixed rules, many prefer slight tele for portraits and wider than 50mm equivalent for street photography.

The 35mm would be the more versatile of the two, but I personally love a little tele and the 50mm would still be usable if you ever want to go for fool frame.
>>
>>2757590
>may make it become a tele.
You know exactly what will happen to it, because it's not some luck of the draw mystery. your crop sensor will make a 50mm lens act like a 75mm lens.

If you want to be taking portraits, you should be looking for a telephoto lens.

If you want to be shooting street, you may want something that works out to be around 40mm (35mm - 50mm) but there's no reason you wouldn't be able to use your kit lens for that.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.