[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Undecided between medium format cameras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: _dsc2353.jpg (68KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
_dsc2353.jpg
68KB, 650x650px
I wish to get into film (and medium format) and I'm undecided between a cheap holga , and a used TLR like a Montanus Del Monta or a Yashica Yashicaflex S.
Any advice?
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>2757133
Buy a Rolleicord with a Schneider lens - budget
Rolleiflex with a Tessar or a Planar - higher end
Any 6x6 folder from ebay vintage camera section with a half decent name and lens such as Zeiss Ikon Voigtlander. Forget Holga - they suck.
>>
Alternatively, consider what exactly you want to do with MF film, what workflow, expectations, goals, subjects, results you want to work with/have photos of/achieve and realise you've listed absurdly differing tools to work with 120 film - a horrid quality point and shoot guesstimate absolutely no control over image acqusition toy, and two absolutely arbitrary flavours of waist-level finder-using TLRs which give you control over image parameters but force you to adapt to a unique method of image framing that has both pros and cons that are hopefully obvious and not necessary to list, given any amount of thought.

This random retard's opinion? Never go holga, get any available brand of TLR with a good, fast lens and a wide aperture and shutter speed range and eschew favouring a brand name over actual photographic flexibility. They're as cheap as a holga on ebay and are actual good cameras.
>>
>>2757144
Very well, point taken.
>>
>>2757133

good thing OP. i hope you do this and deliver fucking pictures.

you should erase the word holga from your mind. i got a half year ago a nice rolleiflex mx-evs from ebay, tessar lens. for like $180. besides the scratched taking lens (which doesnt mean shit really), it worked perfectly. still does. aim to that, or some mamiya tlr like the c220, so you can change lenses, that youll find for pretty cheap on ebay or keh.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.