[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photo Class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160130_105959.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160130_105959.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
So I am in a B&W film class and our assignment requires us to depict texture. Only thing is it is winter time in Michigan, so not much organic subject matter to work with. Any help/ideas/influence would be greatly appreciated.
>>
The texture of snow.
>>
I guess, but taking a close up of snow is kinda boring IMO. I was shooting snow and ice yesterday, started breaking the ice to show sharp and smooth and it looked okay, but I'll need some more for certain.
>>
File: 2016-01-30_05-20-22.jpg (874KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_05-20-22.jpg
874KB, 1600x1067px
took this 2 years ago.. something like this might fit the requirements
>>
>go to a frozen lake
>crack lake
>take picture
>>
OP her, I already did/tried that
>>
*here
>>
>>2756413
nice lines, Vosh....digging that photo
>>
Snow is obvious. But having shot at least five rolls of luxurious black and white in snowy conditions, I know there's many kinds of snow besides that which you find outside your window (fallen snow in a drift). There's puffs of snow falling off a tree, or rooftop. There's snow that's been run over by a truck at speed, leaving its tread-print on the packed snow. The kind that rests on an evergreen tree, close up depicting the needles and their snow-cap.

Wood is generally possible to shoot the year through. Tree bark usually works. Large rocks are also available, sometimes they'll be caked in frost which is extremely cool.

Really to depict texture, you'd just have to shoot things that aren't smooth (because that could be regarded an absence of texture), and to expose correctly (snow is EC +1). Get your midtones down and you should be fine.

Don't forget to feel things (for texture) through your viewfinder as you go around snapping: be sure to have the frame's edges in your sight at all times and pre-visualize.

>>2756413
Posting a picture in a non-picture thread? /p/, you've changed, and I like it
>>
Should I be trying to get close up or further away?
>>
Also, is the rubric saying the 5 pictures need to have the same texture? Sorry for so many questions, I'm just a noob.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.