[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that Canon guy that has more lenses than photos Halp... I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: despair.jpg (186KB, 899x598px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
186KB, 899x598px
>that Canon guy that has more lenses than photos
Halp... I've only been into photography in the past 3 years but have spent nearly $20,000 in a range of bodies, lenses and accessories but I barely take any photos.

I have been working a lot more (full time) so that's why I've been able to afford the gear but that means I don't have much time to go out on expeditions to shoot.

How do you guys handle life-work-photogging balance? I work 35 hours a week and I don't know how to do this...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D50
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
PhotographerAlexandre Buisse
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern886
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)19 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3008
Image Height2000
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2007:11:20 16:08:59
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length13.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width899
Image Height598
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
hahahahahhahahahhahahahhahah
>>
>>2752979
What's so funny?
>>
This is one of those occasions where shooting film would've actually been cheaper.
>>
>>2752978

welp. a gearfag.

do you carry a camera with you 24/7? if not, youre literally your own cancer.
>>
>>2753005
Well I do have a smartphone with an okay camera... Plus I can't really be carrying my Canon EOS 5DsR and my EF 50mm f/1.2L USM around to and from work without looking like a weirdo.
>>
>>2753009

well use then the smartphone, you cocksucker.
>>
Sell all gear and get leica plus lenses and carry with you always.
>>
How do you even justify owning the 5DSR when you work fulltime and not in photography?

Either get a bag that can take the camera and a lens every day or sell all your gear for something else. If you sell the gear, you should be able to go on a trip or go part time so you can take more photos.
>>
If I had that money for gear but less time to take photos, I'd get a Leica that I could carry with me at all times.

Right now I have the same time constraints, but I carry my Ricoh GR with me always.
>>
>>2753044
read the OP again
>>
35hrs per week is nothing.. other people work more, but still manage to have families and hobbies.

>my Canon EOS 5DsR and my EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
confirmed gearenthusiast
>>
Go and fuck off and take some photos you shill
>>
File: 1388008279051.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1388008279051.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>2753085
Read the OP again.
I still don't understand OP's hardcore gearfaggotry.

If OP works in a civilised country, they have access to paid time off of work. They should use this to travel and take photos or to take photos that they enjoy.
Nothing in that OP justifies owning a 5DSR. With the lack of photos in the thread and by their own admission that they don't take photos, a point and shoot would have suited them just as well or an aging digital body since OP also doesn't take the camera to work.

Only buy gear that you will use, If you don't use it then sell it on.
Buy film not megapickles
Buy experiences not gear
etc etc etc
>>
>>2753093
yeah not disagreeing with that but I read the OP as if he was working as a photographer
>>
Shit OP 35 hrs a week? I used to work 50-60+, had time to work out AND take snaperoos.

Sell your gear and buy a motorcycle or something. You're obviously trying to be something you're not. You're actually worried about looking autustic by carrying a camera around. Carrying a camera around makes you look 0% autistic.

Being selfconcious enough to be afraid of carrying around shit you spent 10s of thousands of dollars on makes you 110% autistic.

No one cares about you and your camera. There's a good chance they wont even care if you take their picture.
>>
>>2752978
>I work 35 hours a week
And? I work 40, then go to class for another 20, then spend another 10 on homework/studying. And I still go out and do cool shit on most evenings.

Protip: give up the TV and vidya. Your life will be a lot more fulfilling.
>>
>>2753132
>No one cares about you and your camera. There's a good chance they wont even care if you take their picture.
This. The few people who care generally aren't worth your time or even a shutter actuation.
Some people actually like their picture to be taken. Stop being scared of the social media normies.
>>
>>2753134
>Protip: give up the TV and vidya. Your life will be a lot more fulfilling.

So much this

Now, if I can give up the 4chins and memes...
>>
>>2752979
/thread
>>
>>2752978
A week is 168 hours, and you can't take any photos because you're working 35 of them? Really?

Make more plans, and less excuses. I work 50 hours a week Monday through Friday, and still shoot every weekend.

Stop blaming "life" for your "lack of opportunities" and start taking responsibility for your lack of drive.
>>
Sell all of your shit and buy a medium format digital camera.
>>
>>2753161
>tfw friend works 40 hours a week
>tfw 1hr of travel a day
>123 hours left in the week
>10hours for cooking/eating
>63 hours for sleeping at 9hrs a night
>2 hours for getting ready or washing/cleaning in the house
That's still 6 hours and 45 mins a day to do things and all this nigga does is complain that he works full time and has no time to do anything.
>>
>>2752978
OP don't worry. You are one of those guys that buy gym membership every month but never fucking go. They just like to know they could go if they wanted, but never really do. There are millions of people like you out there! Maybe one day you will be able to pass your amazing collection to your grandson or sth and he will actually like photography instead of gear hoarding and you will shed one manly tear watching him using your gear and you will be able to feel good about yourself again. Who knows!
>>
I'm a teacher that works 40 hour weeks, plus an extra 1-5 hours a day planning and grading depending on what's going on at the time.

And I still find time to take photos.
>>
>>2752978
can i have some of your lenses
>>
>>2752978
I work 20hrs per week and am a massive poorfag. Right now I couldn't even dream of spending ~$6670 a year on gear. I just get by with an Olympus XZ-2 that I got a year ago for $180 and a Rollei 35. I like what I'm doing even with my laughable gear so much, that were I to have a longer work week I'd find the time to go shoot.

Maybe photography really isn't a hobby you're actually into OP.
>>
>>2752978
Just stop buying lenses. It will not magically make your photos better. You have a disease.
>>
all these mad poorfags can't contain themselves
>>
>>2753226
100% shitpost
>>
>>2753226
I'm not even rusted by the gear. I have issues with
>I barely take any photos
and
>I work 35 hours a week
>>
>>2752978
If you can afford $20,000 in gearfaggory in the last 3 years, you can afford to work $10,000 less and spend $10,000 on holidays with your lenses.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go and live an exciting and sometimes dangerous life.

In early 2019 you must report back with a close up shot of an animal that could kill you, a hooker talking to her pimp, a city from above, an ancient ruin at sunrise and a police officer in riot gear.

Go. The clock is already ticking.
>>
>>2753345
Nigga, I'm 25. I don't think I'm going to die... yet.
>>
File: one marijuana.jpg (119KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
one marijuana.jpg
119KB, 750x500px
>>2753345
if dubs op will do this

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.5 (Windows)
PhotographerMarlon M Fontanez
Horizontal Resolution1000 dpi
Vertical Resolution1000 dpi
Image Created2016:01:25 20:33:39
Exposure Time1/40 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating6400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2753349
Take it from an older man, nobody ever thinks "I wish I did less interesting stuff in my 20s".
Pick one body and one lens and take them out tomorrow. Snap anything you can. Work on your technical skills, manual exposure, manual focus, manual white balance. Work on your composition. Go on nights out where interesting things might happen.

Live it.
Snap it.
Report back.

You can do it OP. The changes you'll have to make are no bigger than the average fad diet.
>>
>>2752978
>tfw student
>on scholarships
>no money for gear
>not a lot of time to shoot
>have my 50mm 1.8 that came with my camera
>spent 250 bucks (a lot to me) for my HD 55-300mm
>have no wide angle lens
>really want the HD 16-85mm WR, 12-24mm or 20-40mm limited but don't have the money for it
You can feed your love for photography vicariously through me anon. Will trade sweet, sweet knowledge for a wide angle lens.
>>
>>2753367
>also willing to meet your pénjorita in a public toilet for a wide angle lens.
>>
>>2753174
>be fag's grandson
>be 2016 +50
>using 50 year old canon sensor technology

fuck m8
>>
File: IMF-2.jpg (162KB, 460x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMF-2.jpg
162KB, 460x474px
>>2753345
Mission accepted.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Macintosh
Image Width594
Image Height395
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:08:08 13:58:34
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width460
Image Height474
>>
File: xin_4204032614398182281790.jpg (59KB, 236x345px) Image search: [Google]
xin_4204032614398182281790.jpg
59KB, 236x345px
>>2753418
>>
File: DSCF6752 copy.jpg (72KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6752 copy.jpg
72KB, 1000x664px
I have one camera with a fixed lens and work 40 hours per week and I take hundreds of photos per month. I spent £250 on my X100 and it's the best thing I ever did. The X100 makes all gearlust dissappear so you focus on the basics of composition and subjects.
Stop being a cock and go outside!

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix X100
Camera SoftwarePhotos 1.0.1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:13 19:52:34
Exposure Time1/38 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness-1.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length23.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height664
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: Panasonic_Lumix_DMC-TZ10.jpg (221KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Panasonic_Lumix_DMC-TZ10.jpg
221KB, 2816x2112px
3 of these one in the car one in the work bag one in the coat pocket.
Better res than Ansel it's never about the gear. God tier cams and lenses u better know what you are proposing to shoot. You sound lost M8.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-FX3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Horizontal Resolution476 dpi
Vertical Resolution476 dpi
Image Created2016:01:26 18:08:14
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length5.80 mm
Image Width2816
Image Height2112
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2753729
Why do you need 3 in your car?
>>
>>2752978
At least you can admit it. That's the first step towards recovery.
>>
>>2753866
>3 of these, one in the car, one in the work bag, one in the coat pocket.
Granted the anon that posted that has shit writing skills and can't into punctuation, but even I could tell what he meant.
>>
>>2753345
Sounds like a plan. I already have half of these ticked though
>>
Don't sweat it man. Many of the 'pros' will shamelessly admit to putting the camera down for months on end. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Book some holiday, have an adventure and rekindle your love
>>
>>2753086
Haha ya no shit. That's not even a full work week. OP should have lots of time in the evening (or morning) , plus a couple days during the week off to pursue a hobby. OP's not trying hard enough. OP bought gear so he could brag about it

>ya I'm into photography. I got like, 20 grand worth of gear at home
>>
OP you are more of a collector than a photographer if you can't seem to get out and shoot when you're only working 35 hours a week.
What are you doing with the other 133 hours a week?
>>
masterful troll thread.
>>
>>2752978
Fucking lol. I take it you did not have a plan at all for what you want photos for. Me I have one set already and so far I'm also kitted to my interests.

I worked out my rough range so currently I have a 18-200mm (versatile) and 10-22mm zoom lenses (normal range, but 10mm is a bit too close to my preferred range) and soon a 24mm pancake prime lens (20mm is my ideal range, but I can work with a slightly increased range).

Also have a 18-135mm, but that is what came with the body I brought and I brought a better lens to replace it as it's range is a tad too limited and the 18-200mm is of a better quality build too.

I'm still a beginner with similar amount of work hours so I keep to just one body which is a Canon 760D (also known as Rebel T6s in the US).

I got the 18-200mm and 10-22mm cheaper buying in good condition second hand from owners who changed to an entirely different lens range.

Brought the 760D body and 18-135mm brand new as it was a new release at the time and I brought the 24mm pancake brand new given second hand price was too short to that of a new one and when I did a bid on an auction someone out bidded me and paid £99 for the lens (costs for lens and postage inc VAT) so I brought a new 24mm lens (same model) for £127 (just for lens, delivery free) and it came with a free 52mm UV lens too.

Generally you should work out your range, what you want photos of and take a few measures such as buying second hand to keep costs down.

Better second hand experience I had was with 10-22mm lens which came with original hood and leather lens pouch (both canon accessories which have to be brought separately, neither were fake) and also had a UV filter.
>>
>>2752978
zomg 30 hrs? 20,000? I'm from a third world country and you should kill yourself.
>>
File: cover.png (47KB, 1206x680px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
47KB, 1206x680px
no but seriously could you buy me a lense please?

will prostitue my knowledge for cash
>>
File: 35mmOS.png (149KB, 1050x393px) Image search: [Google]
35mmOS.png
149KB, 1050x393px
OP here, I've taken my camera out everyday this week. I've clocked about 2,000 shutter clicks all up.

That said, I have bought another lens, a Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM. I prefer this to my EF 35mm f/1.4L USM II. It's so much smaller and lighter. Also that IS is handy.
>>
Hey OP, I used to be a gearfag that went through about 5 different cameras in a period of less than a year. However, in the past 12 months I've found that I'm no longer a gearfag. I think you should sell most your gear and spend more money on experiences like holidays. Gear won't make your photos better, experiences will.
>>
File: 3708.png (246KB, 391x327px) Image search: [Google]
3708.png
246KB, 391x327px
>>2757046
>>bought another lens
>>
>>2757046
I don't know what lenses you already have, but you really don't need very many. I was told by guy when I was first starting out to go out with one prime and stick with it.
I'm really glad I did. I stuck with a 50mm lens for two weeks, going out almost every day, and I was a better photographer by the end of it.

Since then I've found that 30mm is more my thing but that's not the point. Give yourself arbitrary limits
- Shoot all day fully zoomed in / out
- Shoot all day at f5.6
- Shoot all day in b&w
>>
>>2757046
post some pictures
>>
>>2752978
>35 hours week...
ok lets do easy math

7*24=168
168-35=133

So you have 133 hours perk week for yourself..now lets take some basics like moving into work just get 2 hours 1 hour to work and 1 back...14 hours 133-14=119

Now sleep...its normal to sleep around 6-8 hours so lets take 7 hours 7*7=49 so.. 119-49=70

Dont forget about shower, cooking...etc..lets give it 3 hours per day so 7*3=21... 70-21=49

You still have enough time to go out and shoot something...49 hours per week is enough..just dont be lazy
>>
>>2753009
>I can't really be carrying my Canon EOS 5DsR and my EF 50mm f/1.2L USM

Put it in a bag then.
>>
>>2757046
>bought another lens
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.