[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sydney/Adelaide Trip soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1280x853px
So I'm headed to Syd/Ade in a couple of days. I need a little help with a thing or two.

1. Cheap camera stores on the way from (or in either of the cities) Sydney to Adelaide.
I'll probably buy an extra lens. Rather do it in Aus than where I live (NZ), because we're a fucking costly country and I can claim GST in Aus. I will also be crossing Blue Mountains, just in case any camera/electronic stores around.

2. Any tips on shooting at Blue Mountains?
I have a 40mm on digital and 50 on film, both 35mm. Maybe a 24/28 if I buy another.

On the side note, anyone gonna be on the cruise from Sydney to Auckland, P&O Cruise?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:01:15 16:29:31
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length40.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1280
Image Height853
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
you driving across the nullabor?
>>
>>2751988
No clue yet, why?
>>
>>2751992
just make sure your prepared thats a pretty hardcore trip this time of year you can go days without seeing anyone else you break down your fucked.
>>
>>2751997
^^This. Don't underestimate how much empty fucking nothingness you will encounter. If it were me I would fly between the two major cities, you'd be giving yourself 4-6 extra days shooting instead of driving all day every day for 4-6 days. But if you're after the experience then do it

Camera stores: don't buy locally. It's expensive as fuck. Order from overseas, either somewhere like B&H or Japanese/US eBay sellers.

Lenses: Wide angle is king for landscape. 28, 35 and 50 are my picks. Shoot in the golden hour as the lighting accentuates the blue hue of the mountains
>>
actually my bad adelaide is a lot closer to victoria then i thought it was but then i live in WA so everything seems far to me.
so don't be too worried about the Nullarbor your hardly going to touch it. the highlight of the trip id say is the Great Ocean Road its pretty gorgeous also you can do the twelve apostles.
>>
>>2751997
>>2752023
sweet as dude, read below

>>2752009
How about Canberra then instead? How's the drive from Sydney to Can?
Again, I can get GST refund on camera shit so that's nice .-. I have a 40 already, will be probably the only thing I shoot with on this trip
>>
>>2752043
na don't go to fucking canberra you will regret it the place is shit.
if you want something interesting you can do sydney to cairns.
>>
>>2752043
Sydney to Canberra is achievable, not too far really. Just a warning: Canberra is fucking boring. The only reason for it existing is parliament, there's really not a whole lot there to do. Interesting architecture maybe

I'd go to Melbourne, great city. Cultural and fun. Probably your best option. Brisbane is a big town, don't even fucking think about Townsville or Darwin, Cairns is too far away and not much to do holiday wise apart from extreme sports
>>
>>2752044
>>2752045
Nah but Canberra is the only place I haven't been to; Melb Brisbane, and Sydney like 4 times already. Plus, I spend 3 days in Sydney anyway. If it's achievable via drive I may aswell visit Canberra then.
>>
>>2752058
There's literally nothing there, don't say we didn't warn you
>>
cruise the great ocean road.
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 112x100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 112x100px
>>2752059
Okay okay, but still, may as well check out the capital of the neighbours aye

>>2752064
Will try

Thanks fellas

CommentScreenshot
Image Width112
Image Height100
>>
OP could you post pictures with the 40mm in my thread? Pepe OP pic
>>
>>2752757
Suuuure gimme a sec
>>
>>2751986
Check out Georges in Sydney
http://www.georges.com.au/

They're prices are some of the lowest I've found in Australia and the staff are super helpful and groovy
>>
>>2752764
Thanks heaps mate, defs will check it out
>>
>>2752764
Try Paxtons too

Just for shits and giggles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZhhg0zZDQ
>>
>>2752776
Hahah I've seen that video before, the irony is I went to Paxton's a few months ago and they did not have prices on anything. I remember asking if I could have a look at an A7s and the man looked visibly annoyed when I handed it back with no intention of buying it. I think the staff are mostly old men...

I'm not sure how they're prices compare to other places in Sydney, OP should also have a look at Ted's Cameras on Pitt St
>>
>>2752059
Fuck I'm regretting Canberra man, we did nothing, nothing to take photos of either.
>>
>>2752764
I think DirtCheapCameras is cheaper than Georges isn't it? It changed location though so I have no idea where it is now. In the CBD somewhere I suppose
>>
>>2754318
Canberra really only has a couple of things - there are some interesting buildings if you like that sort of thing, like the Museum, the Gallery, the Portrait Gallery, the High Court, Parliament, Black Mountain Tower, the Library; you could photograph them. And also it only takes a few minutes really to get out into rural area so you can photograph that if you're into it (although being from NZ you're probably used to not having to go far to get out of the city).

Other than that, you probably won't find much to photograph. You can go to all of those places if you find them interesting though. The portrait gallery is my personal favourite, but I wouldn't make the 7 hour round trip driving from Sydney just to see it.
>>
File: pano1.jpg (3MB, 9066x2000px) Image search: [Google]
pano1.jpg
3MB, 9066x2000px
>>2754689
I'm already in Canberra right now, leaving for BM in a couple of hours. We just hit up the galleries and all as you mentioned :) thanks man

> pic
the only photo I've been able to take so far.. I really wanted to do some astro but man it was cloudy as fuck

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Macintosh)
Photographeromi
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:01:28 11:33:58
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length40.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2754679
sorry, posted too early, I'll look up that place too. ta mate
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.