[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studio, Portrait, Essential Information and Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 22

File: lights jas.jpg (2MB, 3000x4242px) Image search: [Google]
lights jas.jpg
2MB, 3000x4242px
infographics youtubes things to help. Lighting, directing advice etc

post here. I've not got any this is a request I hope that doesn't drive you mad.
>>
portraits aren't photography in the same way that caricatures are not painting

you're just the ultra-shit gigapleb embarrassment to the field
>>
File: Night.jpg (5MB, 3909x3344px) Image search: [Google]
Night.jpg
5MB, 3909x3344px
>>2750534
I miss the days when /p/ was a place free of pretentious fags like you.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:11:18 11:59:50
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3909
Image Height3344
>>
>>2750534
I have no idea what you're talking about

have you broken? I said in the op that i hoped i wouldn't drive anyone mad but...?
>>
>>2750540
ESLfag please go
>>
>>2750541
whats ESL?
>>
>>2750544
english as a second language
>>
>>2750546
ah ok. its my first :D
>>
http://www.diyphotography.net/lighting-modifiers-cheat-sheet-card/

What different softboxes look like.

Page explains the card and lists the products used.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:05:10 11:22:03
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2500
Image Height2400
>>
http://www.diyphotography.net/portrait-lighting-cheat-sheet-card/

What a flash looks like from different angles.
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/05/08/free-portrait-lighting-cheat-sheet/

Text was rather small and uncomfortable to read so I scaled this version up, you can get the original from the above link.

Camera SoftwareReshade Image Enlarger 3.0
Image Created2012:05:08 12:33:54
CommentThis image has been resized with Reshade. To find out more visit reshade.com
Image Width800
Image Height5578
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/04/19/free-family-portrait-photography-cheat-sheet/

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Image Created2012:04:19 16:59:48
Image Width610
Image Height7102
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/05/02/54-portrait-ideas-free-downloadable-posing-guide/
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/05/29/40-more-portrait-ideas-part-2-of-our-free-downloadable-posing-guide/

Some more portrait poses.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Image Created2012:05:29 15:24:37
Image Width610
Image Height4995
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/03/30/free-portrait-photography-cropping-guide/

Green is good, red is bad.
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2016/01/18/flash-photography-tips-techniques/

There's more easily digested information on the page such as white bounce cards and replicating studio lighting with two flashes which I believe OP will be interested in.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Macintosh
Image Created2012:10:30 12:59:43
Image Width1000
Image Height1105
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/08/17/how-to-pose-headshots-and-hands-free-portrait-posing-guide/

Image Created2015:07:07 15:58:22
Image Width1000
Image Height1467
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/07/13/how-to-pose-full-length-males-free-posing-guide/

Image Created2015:07:07 12:35:27
Image Width1000
Image Height1462
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/06/29/how-to-pose-full-length-female-portraits-free-posing-guide/

Image Created2015:06:25 09:18:26
Image Width1000
Image Height1382
>>
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2015/06/14/free-wedding-poses-cheat-sheet-9-classic-pictures-of-the-bride-and-groom/

Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:06:12 16:09:43
Image Width2550
Image Height3537
>>
>>2750592
>>2750593
>>2750594
>>2750596

That posing. So much triggered.

It's like that annoying hand-on-hip-look-over-the-shoulder pose that every basic bitch on facebook does. Those hands near the face ones are particularly annoying. It's just hideously tacky and cheap. It's the kind of posing that you see coming out of those horrendous 'pro studios' that shoot those scam teen model portfolios.
>>
>>2750632
It's ok, man, chill. You never know if some day someone will hire you and will ask you to take that type of photos. The world is not black & white, mah friend.
>>
>>2750632
At least you contributed something to improve on it. Thanks.
>>
>>2750636

That's like telling an experienced chef to study how to make a cheese sandwich in case someone orders a basic sandwich.

If you can pose and light models properly you don't need to study that cheesey shit. I don't need to study how to make a model pull a duck face.
>>
>>2750639

There's lots of good books on Amazon and videos on youtube. It's really basic stuff.

Best way though, IMO, is to look at portfolios from successful photographers. If you're into fashion photography then look through magazines. You'll very quickly spot patterns and what does/doesn't work and what's in/out of fashion if you just look.
>>
>>2750632
in the future if you could avoid useless reaction images and skip straight to useful content such as >>2750644

that would be great
>>
>>2750642
It seems that you never had an employer, right?
>>
>>2750645

Ditto

Maybe avoid posting shit content and skip straight to only giving advice if you actually know something about the topic.
>>
>>2750662
You still haven't contributed anything. Maybe you'd like to post some of your work, to show examples? Saying "Go read a book" isn't useful. Maybe a PDF of some posing guides that DO meet your standards, or some images you saved from the internet that represent good posing to you.
>>
>>2750670
>Maybe you'd like to post some of your work

Classic
>>
>>2750674
>not showing your work while still looking down on others for being wrong or untalented
Classic
>>
/p/: the board where everyone's a pro, but no one wants to prove it
>>
>>2750632
Protip: your attitude is pure shit. You won't find success unless you change that. Primadonnas are a dime a dozen in this age. People will be able to find someone who can do what you do, do it better, probably cheaper, and is actually even a pleasure to work with.
>>
File: tumblr_lyjmheJNXt1r1uuioo1_500.jpg (15KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyjmheJNXt1r1uuioo1_500.jpg
15KB, 460x276px
>>2750708

'protip' LOL.

I'm already reasonably successful. Nothing outrageous but I've have images on the front page of national newspapers and I've sold some work. I don't do photography for a living as I prefer to make my money elsewhere and use that to give me the freedom to photograph what and when I want.

You clearly can't take a joke or criticism. You're not going to have much fun at /p/ being so uptight. This clearly isn't a place for serious discussion. Have some fun you miserable cunt!
>>
File: okay.gif (915KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
okay.gif
915KB, 245x285px
>>2750714
>I'm already reasonably successful. Nothing outrageous but I've have images on the front page of national newspapers and I've sold some work.
>>
>>2750714
>You clearly aren't interested in blindly agreeing with criticism given by a completely anonymous person with literally no credentials other than "poster on 4chan with no work to show"
FTFY
>>
Hiya op here
Thanks for the stuff. Technical stuff is always useful
I don't mind people posting crappy weird posing because who cares lol
>>
File: Tom-Hanks-Saying-Really.gif (1MB, 341x331px) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Hanks-Saying-Really.gif
1MB, 341x331px
>>2750716

Do you honestly not think that 1) some people actually sell work or submit news images to places like Alamy, Getty, Corbis, etc? and 2) that some of those people don't fuck around on /p/ for shits and giggles?

It's not hard. Any monkey with a camera can take an image good enough to pass QC for news, the only hard part is being somewhere at the right time and/or having a good eye for an image that'll be in demand.
>>
>>2750714
The fun thing here is that you think that you can successfully compartmentalize being a piece of shit in one aspect of life. You can't. It shows in every aspect of your life. You'll either learn this the hard way, not learn it and become bitter, or learn it too late for the lessons to make a difference. So yeah, "LOL" all you want.
>>
>>2750732

Wow. Holy fuck you're going doing end up a walking bag of stomach ulcers at this rate.

Take a seat in the corner, do your breathing exercises, and realize this is /p/.
>>
>>2750722
Without proof? Nah, I don't believe you.
>>
>>2750739

How will I ever sleep at night?!

It's not even a ridiculous claim. I'm surprised you think that even needs proof. Loads of people submit images to libraries. I'm sure there are a few who visit /p/ that do.

If you don't and you're capable of turning out a technically OK image you should think about. Might as well try to make some money. I'm surprised people don't.
>>
>>2750741
You don't seem to care that people don't believe you, which is fine.

What you don't seem to understand though is that people also don't give your opinions or comments any weight or authority, because why the fuck would they.

Don't prove who you are, that's fine, we don't care at all, but when someone implies that your word isn't worth the time it takes to read it, you have to accept it.
>>
>>2750734
>and realize this is /p/.
>implying that's an excuse for people to be shitstains
You're a bad person. That you have to hide behind anonymity to "have fun" shows just how bad of a person you are. Fix it or have a terrible life.
>>
File: 1313628122329.jpg (41KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1313628122329.jpg
41KB, 500x499px
>>2750743

>What you don't seem to understand though is that people also don't give your opinions or comments any weight or authority, because why the fuck would they.

>Implying anyone comes to /p/ thinking their opinions carry weight or authority

Holy fucking aspergers. This is DPreview gearfag. I don't think anyone comes to this place because it's built on solid evidence-based photographic advice.

You posted some shitty pointless advice. Someone said it was some shitty pointless advice. No need to have a psychotic breakdown over it like some sort of triggered tumblrina.
>>
>>2750745

Is this tumblr? M'uh triggers.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-22 12.31.57.png (218KB, 949x472px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-22 12.31.57.png
218KB, 949x472px
>>2750529
Glad that this otherwise great thread got turned to shit by a fucking faggot who would rather argue than contribute literally anything. Nice. Very /p/.

Anyways, back on topic - Check out Strobox.com. Tons of different styles of photos, along with their lighting diagrams and descriptions of how they're created.
>>
File: Psychiatrist.jpg (39KB, 617x416px) Image search: [Google]
Psychiatrist.jpg
39KB, 617x416px
>>2750756

Do you think you could describe how your feelings when you read the post, anon? Did you feel devalued as an individual? Take your time. Use your words. This is your safe space, Anon.
>>
>>2750749
>>2750757
When you inevitably commit suicide as you remember this thread while reminiscing over the wasted potential and heaping pile of regret and failure that your life has been, can you post on here?
>>
>>2750590
>>2750592
>>2750593
>>2750594
>>2750596

thread derail is all your fault because you are a newfag that posted those piece of shit lame charts.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 253x199px
>>2750831

Wow. You need therapy dude. If there's one person who really does need therapy it's not the dude that just happened to make a comment on how shit your pose guides were.
>>
>>2750850
>It's your fault that I shit on your threads, because you don't post photos that please me perfectly

>It's isi's fault I shit in her threads, because she won't do exactly what I tell her by changing her style, or stopping posting.

So your ban ran out eh? Cool.
>>
>>2750856

I've heard people mention that name but I have zero clue who that is. I've head that name and Sugar. No clue who they are.

Seriously dude, you're talking to people who aren't even there, calling them by different names, and you have a persecution complex. Are you schizophrenic?
>>
>>2750745
hello reddit
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.