[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best small, compact camera for traveling? Budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: x100t.png (708KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
x100t.png
708KB, 800x533px
What is the best small, compact camera for traveling? Budget is around ~$1,500. I want something that you actually want to take with you and shoot pictures with. My DSLR feels too big.

Is it pic related? I'm afraid I'll be limited by the fixed lens but I mainly plan on street photos with the rare scenery/landscape photo
>>
>>2748272
Original A7 / A7r with a 35mm? Or is that too big?

Fuji X Pro 1 or 2, or X100t if you wanted to go smaller. Fuji cameras feel great to take photos with, especially the X Pro, very tactile and familiar especially if you're accustom to older cameras.

Obligatory Ricoh GR (it really is a good camera though, replaces my DSLR most days)
>>
>>2748272

pentacon six.
>>
ahem

R I C O H G R
I
C
O
H
G
R
>>
>>2748293
ahem

GEAR THREAD
E
A
R

T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
File: 1453054234350.png (853KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453054234350.png
853KB, 1280x720px
>>2748272
E-M5 Mark II.
Pen F (Not released yet)
E-M5 original.
E-M10
E-M10 Mark II.
Panasonic GX8.
GX7.
LX100.

The Fuji X100 is fun to shoot with and use, but the f/2 lens is really an f/2.8 due to softness at f/2. The lens doesn't come off either. Since you shouldn't really use the lens at f/2, there is no advantage over going to an interchangeable Fuji X body and getting the 28mm f/2.8.
>>
>>2748295
ahem

GEAR THREAD
E
A
Ricoh GR

T
H
Ricoh GR
E
A
D
>>
>>2748272
Pentax QS-1
Accept no substitutes
>>
>>2748302
Ricoh GR gets dust.
>>
Thanks y'all, I'll have to check the thread tomorrow and your suggestions.

Are there any small cameras like X100T with zoom lens in the same size/budget? I am really in love with the film simulation, it looks so good that I almost consider getting a film camera just because it looks that good.
Any camera with film simulation really has my interests if they are digital.
>>
>>2748337
The Panasonic LX100 has zoom and is probably the most underrated compact out there because its lack of megapixels doesn't satisfy gear fags.

All of the LX cameras have been fantastic to use and the glass is always top notch for compact cameras.
>>
>>2748337
LX100.
Fucking amazing camera.
>>
>>2748342
>>2748337
Also an Olympus Pen body with the 14-42 electronic pancake zoom.
>>
>>2748337
You could always skip the middle man and just get a film compact. Ricoh GR1v/s would be my first port of call. Lovely little camera, make sure you get one with a functioning top LCD, because once the electronics kick the bucket there's no fixing them
>>
>>2748337
The Fuji X30? Guy I know uses one as a travel camera / compact and AFAIK he digs it.
>>
>>2748340
>>2748342
for the size, might as well get a gx7.
>>
>>2748272
your iPhone/Galaxy S whatever number they reached now, because let;s face it you don't want the hassle of editing on your laptop at your hotel when you want instant gratification of uploading to your hugbook for a gorillion likes
>>
>>2749039
nice meme friend
>>
Fuji X-E2 with 18-55 2.8-4 or 18-135 kit. Best travel kit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.