[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I become a better photographer if I'm a shut-in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1448399263083.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1448399263083.png
3KB, 184x172px
How can I become a better photographer if I'm a shut-in loser who only goes out when absolutely needed?
>>
>>2744371
don't do that.
>>
>>2744371
If you want to take more interesting photos, become a more interesting person. Stop saying no, and start saying yes. Stop seeking out negativity and excuses, and start looking for reasons to be happy, and supportive.
>>
Look for the bio of Pierre Verger and you'll learn that it is possible. Of course, you'll have to stop being a shut in loser at some point, tho.
>>
>>2744371
Take artistic dick pics on black and white film.
otherwise you'll have to suck it up and go outside.
>>
>>2744371
Put on your big pants and take a shower.

Then get the fuck out
>>
>>2745550

I would say that any pants putting should come after the shower.
>>
build little scenes indoors :3
>>
you are scared of social interaction?
it's fine, just shoot landscape or something.
most photographic disciplines don't require you to talk to people.
>>
>>2744371
you should try some creepy voyeur shit
but not too creepy we don't want you going to jail
>>
File: natural_wonders_wallpaper_30.jpg (335KB, 1246x996px) Image search: [Google]
natural_wonders_wallpaper_30.jpg
335KB, 1246x996px
It depends on what you want to get better at... not all photography involves being outside.

For example,

Macro photography. I don't do it anymore but I got into using a microscope objectives for macro/micro photography. You can get amazing imaging for not much money as a lot of it is DIY. It's hard work (focus stacking, lighting, dealing with vibrations, etc) but very rewarding.

There's also stuff like still-life or dioramas. Do a google search for 'Gregory Crewdson - Natural Wonders' for an example of some cool dioramas. Probably not something that's going to interest everyone but it's a great example to dispel the myth that photography equals the cliched genres of landscape, street, portrait, etc...
>>
>>2744381
I'm afraid of shooting random people on the street.
I'm looking like a loser with a camera taking photos of random stuff outside.
>>
>>2745682
Why are you afraid? Chances are good that even when they notice you, it won't make much of an impact on them. They might go to lunch the next day and say "Someone took a photo of me on the street yesterday" but after that, it fades away. You feel like this big awkward mess because you can feel all your fears and struggles, and it feels like some momentous challenge to overcome. It's a big struggle in your life, so obviously everyone knows, and is judging you, but from their point of view, you're just another stranger, on just another street, that they interact with for 10 seconds and then never see again.

If you were walking down the street to the corner shop, thinking about making dinner tonight, and wondering if that girl is ever going to text you back, and also I wonder how *local sports team* is doing, and suddenly a guy walking the other way snaps a photo of you, looks at the back of his screen, smiles appreciatively, and then gives you a grateful *nod* before continuing on his way, is it really going to make a huge impression on you? Is it going to change your life, or freak you the fuck out? No.
>>
Well which one do you want to be more, a shut-in loser or a better photographer? You can pick one.

To me it's a no-brainer. I really believe nothing great has ever been done inside the comfort zone.

I actually have anxiety issues myself and shoot street. I find it has actually noticeably helped.
>>
>>2745591
don't we?
>>
>>2745686
As a modern woman in the 21st century I find the scenario you posted offensive and problematic. You basically talk about metaphorical eye and image rape, then go on to imply that this isn't a serious issue.

And they say rape culture doesn't exist, just ugh.
>>
>>2746011
I really hope someone says this to me so I can laugh at them
>>
>>2744371
What are you, me?
>>
File: 1448057805487.jpg (60KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1448057805487.jpg
60KB, 706x706px
>>2746001
>>
I'm in the same boat. I'm afraid to drive alone anywhere that takes more than an hour to get to. So I rarely ever get a chance to go anywhere interesting to take pictures. I wish I had friends.
>>
>>2746011

...not sure if genuinely retarded...
>>
>>2745640
I've wanted to do this for a while. How do I get started? Is there a common, cheap kind of microscope one can find used? What sort of adapters are necessary?
>>
Just get up and go somewhere, for the sake of photos. You don't have to be out and about all the time and happen to have your camera, be out and about because you have your camera. Just wander
>>
>>2746011
>As a modern woman in the 21st century I find the scenario you posted offensive and problematic. You basically talk about metaphorical eye and image rape, then go on to imply that this isn't a serious issue.

This is the problem that get's to me. Which is why I'm afraid to get out sometimes especially to take photos. What if some woman calls the cops and I got myself arrested. They can easily say I'm a sexual offender and I can't afford a lawyer.
>>
>>2746671
Take photos of other people first for deniability.

Some anon mentioned this happening once and a cop talked to him and it was fine.
>>
>>2744371
>I'm a shut-in loser

Photography is a hobby for losers anyway. If you are a winner you'd rather be playing sports, going to the gym or dating girls instead of creeping up and taking photos of them on the street.
>>
>>2747635
This desu.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.