[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Websites for buying film in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: hp5.jpg (24KB, 498x300px) Image search: [Google]
hp5.jpg
24KB, 498x300px
Hey there /p/. I've shot few rolls of film now and enjoyed it tremendously. I've decided to buy a somewhat big supply of film so I don't have to buy few rolls at a time from the local shop.

Prices however in Finland are somewhat expensive. For example one roll of HP5 costs 7,20€ and ten rolls of HP5 is 62€. I found this one German shop (fotoimpex) selling HP5 for under 5€. Their shipping was a little expensive but on the other hand big order might justify the cost.

Are there any other options (Germany, Estonia?) or should I just bite the bullet and buy my film from a Finnish store?
>>
Amazon and ebay for any kinds I can't find on Amazon
>>
>>2744270
>Finland
>expensive

You live in one of the richest countries in the world yet you still complain of the prices? Being poor in a rich country ain't so bad compared to being poor in a third world country.
I live in a 3rd world country but I work my ass off so I can afford all the luxuries I have. Stop complaining. #firstworldproblems
>>
>>2744275
Well German Amazon is selling HP5 for over 8€ per roll which is really bananas. And ten rolls of the same stuff in UK Amazon is around 62€ (the same price as in Finland). So I don't think Amazon is the way to go.
>>
fotoimpex is honestly the best for anything film related. They have everything you can't find anywhere else, shipping is a bit much at 7€ though, but I tend to go to their store in berlin every once in a while.
>>
>>2744280
I probably shouldn't even bother replying to this. I have every right to compare prices even if I live in a rich country. And given my status (student) I really don't have too much money to spend so trying to save few bucks here and there is reasonable. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>2744286
Thanks! The prices seem reasonable (using HP5 as a reference point). On the website they say that the shipping is free from 89€ on. Do you know if that's for only German orders or inside EU?
>>
macodirect.de , I cannot recommend it enough
>>
>>2744280
>one of the richest countries in the world
>Finland

lol
>>
>>2744293
Seems to be Germany, I have an order of 100 EUR+ and I still get charged 10 Euro for shipping to the UK.
>>
>>2744318
Yeah, I noticed it as well. However that's not even too bad considering shipping inside Finland is easily 7€. I consider making an order from them.
>>
>>2744293
Only Germany, I just ordered a couple rolls of film and a bunch of development stuff from there and got charged for postage. But my experience is that Macodirect is great.

Kannattaa koittaa järkätä kimppatilaus jos on filmille kuvaavia kavereita, niin postituksen hinta jakautuu eikä enää oo niin korkea.

And as for HP5, I would seriously consider bulk rolling. I almost bought a roll of (a couple years expired, but freezer stored) HP5 about a month ago for €40. You get about 20 rolls out of that, so the price would've been about €2 per roll.
>>
File: 5440402569_93784edc20.jpg (119KB, 474x396px) Image search: [Google]
5440402569_93784edc20.jpg
119KB, 474x396px
>>2744270
Pic related.
>>
>>2744728

highlights are ass.
>>
I suggest macodirect.de. I've had two orders with them, they ship with DHL and the last leg of it comes straight to your doorstep. Assuming the courier isn't more interested in bringing you the paper slip instead. Whatever.

Maco's prices are mad great. For example HC-110 in a one-liter bottle is something like 25€, that's 1000ml at 9.4ml/roll for dilution B -> a hundred rolls, or 25 cents a piece. And that's a proper phenidone/hydroquinone/pixiedust developer, not Rodinal or D-76. This is because the 1-liter bottle is actually the hardcore syrup, not the diluted Euro HC-110 that Kodak used to sell in Europe years ago! The price difference on that stuff well makes up for the 15€ shipping cost (and you'd pay like 10€ in Finland already anyway, the 2% VAT difference almost makes up for that on its own).

Their prices on HP5+ and Delta 3200 aren't too bad either. I'd suggest also getting some of that Retro 80s, maybe some wildcard films while you're paying for shipping, and a fucking funnel -- can't believe I'd been pouring fixer back into a storage jar without one for two years.

Sadly coloured filters and Ilford's Rapid Fixer are exactly the same price at Maco as they are locally. Oh well.
>>
Mainitut saksasaitit o de facto mesta josta kaikki ja sen kaverit tilaa. Jos haluaa säästellä ni foman filmejä fomafotosta. Mä tilaan filmit ja paperit sieltä. Hyvää kamaa ja tuntuvasti halvempaa jolla pääsee alkuun kuvaillessa.
>>
>>2744804

EBIN x-DDD
>>
>>2744734
>not using filters on b&w
>>
>>2744283
>>2744294
these + fotofachversand
>>
>>2744804
Foman filmit vastaan Hp5? Tuli tosiaan HC-110 -puteli viikko sitten Macolta ja hotsittaisi päästä räpsimään. Pitää tosin eka ostaa spiraalit Patersoniin että pääsee edes kehittämään.

Mistä muuten kandee ostaa pulloja (ja millasia) missä säilyttää fixiä? Etolasta?
>>
https://www.calumetphoto.de/customer-service/versand

Even the slide film is cheap (at least in the Netherlands, I linked you the german one). Have fun!
>>
(I'm only dropping the moonspeak because of not saging this shit. Ylilautaki meni perseelleen sitten, byääh.)

>>2744946
Fomapan 400 has lots of grain. Significantly more than HP5+, it's readily visible even with a fixed-focus flatbed scanner, even in Microphen or HC-110. It also doesn't push very well (the EI1600 recipe in HC-110 on MDC is... ambitious, but rubbish), and they say it's overrated at 400 (true speed like 250 or something) so Foma recommends speed-increasing developers like Microphen in their datasheets.

But it is cheap. Maco sells bulk reels for 42€ a pop, so 2.62€/roll by conservative estimate of 16 rolls -- well under ten cents per frame, with dev. The grain is also very fitting for Soviet lenses. In terms of what they are and do, IMO the main small-brand competition to HP5+ and Tri-X is RPX 400. Foma is more like a Lucky or Shanghai low-end film, but made in Ole Yurp so not quite as low-end as the ching-chong stuff.

Also, you'll want a measuring syringe for the HC-110. It's an absolute bear to measure with anything else because it adheres to the sides of vials etc, meaning that the lines will read 9.4ml but there's actually 13ml in there. So a positive-pressure tool is definitely called for. Probably it's also wise to decant the 1l bottle into smaller airtight "laboratory grade" glass bottles, if you've got any -- I don't, so I'm expecting some funny times once the baby medicine syringe no longer goes far enough.

Kaiser's storage bottles are PE plastic, about 2-2½mm thick, which should therefore hold a working-strength ammonium thiosulphate fixer in without dissolving. Note that fixer will make a blue stain on the plastic in about a year; that's normal, but makes it difficult to tell the level of the liquid. Don't buy storage bottles at photography suppliers; those are always at rip-off prices (12€ for an accordion bottle? 2,50€ each for bulk-load cartridges? ffs). Prefer a larger storage bottle than your dev tank.
>>
>>2744946
"Kumpi on parempi" mitävittua :D eti ittelles sopiva combo ja kuvaa sillä. Mä olen oikein tyytyväinen siihen ja kuvaam sen miä kuvaan ilman itkuja. Jos sä katot sun vedoksias ja harmistelet raetta ni kyl sul varmaan joku muukin on viturallaan kun filmin valinta.
>>
>>2745035
Cool, that's actually a really good answer! I would be pushing to 1600 some, but I don't mind the grain too much as long as it's not hideous. Looks pretty alright at 800 at least. I actually shoot a lot with a FSU rangefinder & Jupiter 8 right now, along with an XA & Mju II.

I have some syringes already, but they're pretty small. I might have to grab a bigger one, you can get them from the pharmacy easily. I was thinking about exactly those kinds of bottles, but I have no idea where to find them.

>>2745167
En meinaa kumpi parempi, lähinnä mitä eroa (ja ylemmässä vastauksessa se aika hyvin selvisikin). Oon kuvannut monta rullaa Hp5:sta ja tykkään siitä, mut koska Foman 30m rulla on n. puolet halvempi kuin Hp5 niin kiinnostaa. En oo siis kuvannut Fomaa ollenkaan aiemmin.
>>
>>2745265
On the other hand, Rollei RPX400 is just a couple euros more expensive at Maco.

>>2744804
Paljon Fomafotosta maksaa postit?
>>
Postit vaihtelee koon mukaan, teet vaan tilin ja laittelet ostoskoriin kamaa ni näet postarit. Aika kovat ne musta suhteessa on mut tulee nopeasti ja syy on kait Norjan postin :D

Kannattaa vaikka apugissa käydä lueskelemassa noista foman tuotteista, yllättävän paljon niitä kehutaan maailmalla. Toi rakeisuus-kommentti tuntuu vähän oudolta mun korvaan mut mä en kyl itte sen kummempaa vertailevaa tiedettä ole tehnyt. Jos rahaa kaavais puussa niin mä ampuisin vaan ilfordia hasselilla mut koska ei ni fomaa Kievillä :D
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.