[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europe to Asia by Road

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (450KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450KB, 1600x1200px
Hey /p/ ..

We are travelling from London to Hong kong by road. We will have a total of 10 SUVs in total.
At the end of it we will make a video of the journey.
What equipments would you suggest we invest in ? Gopros ? DSLRs?

Thanks !!!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1200
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2742103
What's your budget and experiance?
>>
V E L V I A
E
L
V
I
A
>>
OP here ...

The gopros and some
Dslrs will be loaners , so we dont have to budget for that .

I have extensive experience shooting locals business commercials and corporate videos . But nothing like this before . So your help on what to expect would be appreciated.

Thinking of buying one drone as well.
>>
How many days would this journey be ?
>>
>>2742107
this, so much
>>
gopros and dslrs are fine.
maybe a drone set-up would be useful if you can afford it.
and get a 3-way axis gimbal for the gopro.

take a polaroid camera, or a mobile printer. Polaroids/instant prints are great for giving as gifts to people you meet, especially people in very remote underdeveloped places. For them, a physical photo of their family and themselves can be precious.
It's a great way to thank someone for their hospitality or help, without being patronising.
I used the instax sp-1 printer. It runs for an age on AA batteries and takes up barely any space.
>>
>>2742103

invest in some quaaludes my friend
>>
>tfw no friends to do awesome stuff with like that

I would suggest a shitload of sd cards, external HDD's for backup and battery's.
Perhaps something with nightvision? And a waterproof case for a DSLR / waterresistant DSLR. Don't just want to shoot with a gopro when it rains, near waterfalls, rivers, etc.
>>
OP Here:

Sorry guys not familiar with Velia. Checked it out sounds interesting.

gimbal, water proof DSLRs, nightvision and mobile printer are great suggestions.

Any more ? Thanks !!!!!

I will leave the quaaludes for Bill Cosby.
>>
Batteries. Maybe solar panels. You are going to use more power than you think.
>>
Off the topic of photography but look into GoalZero. Cheap small generators for chRging camera batteries. Veru useful
>>
>>2742370
This
>>
>>2742280
>maybe a drone set-up would be useful if you can afford it.
I'd be careful about using drones, more than half of your journey is going to be across Kazakhstan and China. And while national laws may say one thing, local law enforcers may see it as a good excuse to extract a large er ...ahem ... tax
>>
>>2744827

this desu senpai ne
>>
>>2742407
>Batteries. Maybe solar panels. You are going to use more power than you think.
>>2742452
>Off the topic of photography but look into GoalZero. Cheap small generators for chRging camera batteries. Veru useful

What you really need is a good inverter system, which will allow you to turn 12V DC from your car battery to a regular 110/220AC outlet where you can plug in household electronics.

But make sure your vehicles are running on Deep Cycle aka Marine/RV batteries. Regular batteries will not handle constant charge/discharge.

They can be had for relatively cheap. If you are 10 cars somebody in the expedition should have already sorted this shit out.

If you're making base camp for more than a day, you should get a generator.

With solar panels, you will still need the inverter system, plus the batteries
For 10 cars, you will need over a dozen batteries at the very least. One car will have to be a battery/pv panel mule. Its not worth it.

As for cameras, just get whatever the fuck you have experience using.
If you don't know what you want, you probably don't know how to use it either.
>>
>>2742407
>Batteries. Maybe solar panels. You are going to use more power than you think.
>>2742452
>Off the topic of photography but look into GoalZero. Cheap small generators for chRging camera batteries. Veru useful

What you really need is a good fusion rocket energy converter to a regular 110/220AC outlet.

The main advantage of fusion would be the very high specific impulse, and the main disadvantage the (likely) large mass of the reactor. However, a fusion rocket may produce less radiation than a fission rocket, reducing the mass needed for shielding. The surest way of building a fusion rocket with current technology is to use hydrogen bombs as proposed in Project Orion, but such a spacecraft would also be massive and the Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty prohibits the use of nuclear bombs. Therefore, the use of nuclear bombs to propel rockets on Earth is problematic, but possible in space in theory. An alternate approach would be electrical (e.g. ion) propulsion with electric power generation via fusion power instead of direct thrust.

As for cameras, just get whatever the fuck you have experience using.
If you don't know what you want, you probably don't know how to use it either.
>>
what you need to do is find a real photographer to bring with you. they'll know everything you need and take pictures much better than you.
>>
>>2745118
fuck off star wars nerd
>>
>>2742103
Tell gopro and Nikon about it and they might sponsor you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.