[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not. Send the shit to [email protected] Rules: 1.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 50

File: p2015.jpg (71KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
p2015.jpg
71KB, 1600x1600px
Why not.

Send the shit to [email protected]

Rules:

1. Send the photo by January 15, 2016.
2. If you want a name in the book, send it as the subject of the email. (If you decide to change your name later, tough shit.)
3. Photos have to be at least 1800px on the longest side.
4. Well that's pretty much it.

Submit if you want, no one's making you. also no curation.
>>
>>2725932
yessss. Thank you sir. Love you for doing this again.
>>
>>2725935
Except for Alex. He can send as many as he wants.
>>
File: fatbitch.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fatbitch.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>2725938
Sorry, gonna update it.

ONLY 2 PHOTOS.

I'm gonna keep the same layout and stuff from the previous 2 books I did.
But instead of being able to get more than 2 photos, because of invisible categories, now you can only send 2 photos period.

2 photos only, if you want to send just 1 photo, that's okay.

But the MAX IS 2 PHOTOS.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width600
Image Height600
>>
>>2725941
If you send more than 2 photos, I'll pick whichever I like best.

But yeah, 2 PHOTOS MAX AND ONLY.
>>
>>2725941
So you're doing a book, do you want original files for the sake of quality or is there a max image size you want to work with.
>>
File: 1450259789951.png (258KB, 1280x866px) Image search: [Google]
1450259789951.png
258KB, 1280x866px
submitted
>>
>>2725943
This is why I'm stating that the max is only 2 photos.

Read Rule #3.

2 PHOTOS MAX
MINIMUM 1800PX LONGEST SIDE

So 2 photos MAX that are AT LEAST 1800px.
>>
sent
>>
File: 1417157007700.jpg (49KB, 306x387px) Image search: [Google]
1417157007700.jpg
49KB, 306x387px
>>2725932
>also no curation.

fine work, bb.

expect a submission from me soon.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:11:28 07:42:40
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width306
Image Height387
>>
Just a heads up to everyone.

If you send two photos, 1 horizontal and 1 vertical, only one of them is going to be in the book because it's impossible to get both in the same page.

choose wisely okay? <3

>>
File: 1420952174833.jpg (17KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1420952174833.jpg
17KB, 500x334px
>>2725932
I'll help curate if you decide to.

[email protected]
>>
Dumb question but anyway to get it in print when it comes out?
>>
>>2725975

In the past you would just order a book from blurb. No reason to suspect this will change.
>>
>>2725977
cool, thanks.
>>
why u wont curated?
>>
>>2725998
because people are whiny faggots and got mad because their shitty bw "street" photography wasn't included
>>
>>2726000
Even when, in almost every case, it was included. They hardly removed anything from the book. The main goal was to pare down from 6 submissions to 2 entries.
>>
>>2726000
and? i am not good, but want to look some good stuff, not random stuff.
>>
aight now i've got to decide whether i've ever taken a photo good enough for a book

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 700D
Camera SoftwareRawTherapee
Image Width5200
Image Height3468
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:10:10 17:05:08
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2725942
that'll work
>>
When do the entries close?
>>
>>2726082
literally the first rule m8
>>
>>2726082
>1. Send the photo by January 15, 2016.

nigger please
>>
>>2725932
>also no curation.
wow, nvm then
>>
>>2726087
Shut up faggot
>>
>>2725932
>(If you decide to change your name later, tough shit.)
And what if you spell it wrong like the worthless 3rd world autist you are?
Happened last year.

Thanks for dropping by and pretending to be part of the community, though. We sure need more inflated tripfag egos here.
>>
>>2726107
>Happened last year.
Oh boo-fucking-hoo

>Thanks for dropping by and pretending to be part of the community, though. We sure need more inflated tripfag egos here.
If it wasn't for these "ego inflated tripfags" we wouldn't even have a book in the first place, you fucking moron.

How about instead of doing nothing but whining, you actually offer to help? Oh wait, you're just one of those self entitled cunts who expects everything to be handed to him without out doing any work yourself.
>>
Sent in a snapshit, pls no bully.
>>
Sent some shit
>>
>>2725932
you got mail, hun
>>
sent ;)
>>
>>2726110
Help with what? There's no curating this year.
And we already had a book thread before Iggy showed up to beg for attention.
>>
I know there is no curative but are you going to allow absolutely anything in? I don't want to buy a book that's full of blurry snapshits of some anon's dog
>>
>>2725960
Suggestion: (The same suggestions I make every time we do this:)
*Square* format book.
Submit 2 photos - get facing pages.
Submit 1 photo - get one page.. with someone else's on the facing page.
Photographers name/trip/whatever goes in the largest remaining white space - vertically if applicable - to maximise the image and minimise the text.

Also: fuck Blurb. Can we at least try the half-decent printers this time? Blurb's small book quality was shithouse back when BJDrew did that one.
>>
thank you Iggy - gonna submit two today...
>>
>>2726160
This
>>
>>2726160
Fuck square format but okay on everything else.
>>
>>2725932
I haven't used my trip since the book last year, but I wrote the end of the book (the little text blurb about /p/) and I'd be willing to write an intro/outro again if you want

Lord knows my writing is better than my photos
>>
Are there gonna be any topics, themes, categories etc.?
>>
File: 9e5.jpg (50KB, 499x550px) Image search: [Google]
9e5.jpg
50KB, 499x550px
Just submitted one. This year I'll actually buy a copy :)
>>
curated curated
>>
>>2725932
Ooh, maybe I'll even consider taking part again. Thanks, Iggypoo for doing it again (guess the last one didn't give you enough profits for dat Leica M9).
>>
is this something that you should put your actual name on? sounds sus considering the populous of 4chan
>>
>>2726160
>Submit 2 photos - get facing pages.

Nobody that is going to submit is worthy of 2 pages.

>Also: fuck Blurb. Can we at least try the half-decent printers this time?

I've recently started using epubli, it's better quality for the price & they don't take the piss with postage (Blurb's blanket £6.99 postage for a single small book is a joke).
>>
>>2726275
>Nobody that is going to submit is worthy of 2 pages.
EVERYONE is worth 2 pages. Let's make this book big.
>>
>>2725932
>dec 21
For fuck's sake, I need to get my camera out of my closet.
>>
Sent for ya m8
>>
>>2726274
It's your choice, but /p/ is usually very friendly with things like that. People post personal accounts, personal websites, etc. It shouldn't come back to bite you. Many of us are friends on facebook, Insta, twitter, tumblr, etc. Not a lot of serious real world trolling going on in the years that I've been here. That being said, many people just tag their photos with their trip, so that the board can recognize who they are.

>>2726276
The bigger the book, the more it costs.
>>
>>2726107
>And what if you spell it wrong like the worthless 3rd world autist you are?
What are you doing namefagging on a Japanese weblog for suicide enthusiasts?
It's your own damned fault.
I doubt even a fucking peruvian is going to spell Anonymous wrong.
>>
>>2726160
>Submit 2 photos - get facing pages.
Last years book was extremely expensive due to how many people submitted, imagine if everyone got 2 pages to themselves, it would have doubled in cost.

So no, everyone gets one page. If you want a big picture, submit just 1 photo.

>>2726214
Got your email.

>>2726229
Invisible categories like I've always done.

>>2726270
Why do you think I'm doing this again? :^)

>>2726275
How good is epubli? I'm considering changing places if it's cheaper/better quality.

But I like blurb because it's fuck easy to make a book, and I don't feel like dealing with other softwares and putting in numbers from another place to make it work and etc.

If epubli is easy, or someone is willing to help, then sure, I'll change.

I would love to do Artisan State, but ain't nobody got money for that.

>>2726276
Okay mr. rich pants.

(not actually okay)

>>2726107
You still butthurt about that? Sorry for triggering your PTSD m8.
>>
Also, if you seriously cannot decide between 1 photo or 2 photos, post em' here in this thread and get people's opinion.

It's much better than leaving it all up to me, then not being happy with my decision.

Just my two cents.
>>
File: IMGP0071-1-2.jpg (596KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0071-1-2.jpg
596KB, 1000x665px
is this a decent enough image? also does it look overly processed? i'm new to lightroom and still figuring everything out

Horizontal Resolution223 dpi
Vertical Resolution223 dpi
>>
File: IMGP0618-1.jpg (165KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0618-1.jpg
165KB, 1000x665px
>>2726385
also considering this

>>
File: IMGP0071-1-5.jpg (565KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0071-1-5.jpg
565KB, 1000x665px
>>2726385
this one might be a little better

>>
>>2726385

we can't answer that for you, buddy. there is a BEST OF 2015 thread already. post some stuff there, see what feedback (if any) you get.
>>
>>2726385
if this sort of shit is going to be in the book, I'm not even going to bother sending something
>>
>>2726422

Oh, I didn't see iggy posting already. Disregard.
>>
>>2726385
>>2726393
This retardation is exactly why everyone wants a curated book. It's the sort of garbage you wouldn't even bother expanding if you scrolled past it. Does anyone think this should be on the facing page to an alex shot?
>im new to lightroom and still figuring everything out
=
lurk moar try again next year
>>
>>2726482
>>2726423

Yeah seriously. I've already submitted but I think I'm going to regret it if any old garbage is allowed in... Even if that means mine get cut.
>>
>>2726482
>Does anyone think this should be on the facing page to an alex shot?

Do you possess the self-delusion to think that one of yours should be? Because ultimately this boils down to one of those masturbatory "my taste is better than u're taste" arguments, and no one ever wins those.
>>
>>2726503
not everything is subjetive my friend.
>>
>>2726168
>fuck square pages

>I mindlessly shoot in landscape all the time and don't care that square pages are appropriate for a book containing portrait, and landscape orientation, and various aspect ratios.
>Translated by Bing!
>>
>>2726503
> an alex shot?
YAWN.
Can you go choke on penis somewhere else?
>>
>>2726511
Careful around the edges everyone.
>>
>>2726275
>worthy
Then they aren't worthy of one either.
That sort of attitude isn't conducive to even making a book in the first place, and is totally invalid as an argument against 2 images and pages.
But iggy is just going to put two tiny images together on a page anyway.. which is a totally shit approach. So Really what he means is "only submit one image"

>epubi
Sounded good until...
>Does epubli deliver internationally?
>Yes, we currently ship to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA, and Wales.

...So not really all that international at all...given that many of the current /p/ contributors are Australian.. or otherwise not in those countries.
But
98 color 20x20 pages + 2 B&W pages = £30.99
+£7.95 shipping for international orders.
isn't terrible.
...Just moot becasue they don't ship here.
>>
>>2726520
>tfw no Germany on the list

Well fuck me.
>>
>>2726524
actually they have a .de domain, so it's possible that office even mails to some different countries.
Pity they aren;t intelligent enough to redirect or even mention the .de site on the .uk site.. doesn't really instiill confidence.
>>
>>2726525
oh. they do..
top right of both sites... eng and de flags that redirect to each site
subtle
>>
>>2726524
oh... but if the book has an ISBN then it's available via amazon etc.. and i'm sure that would allow distribution pretty much everywhere. Just for significantly higher cost (ISBN + distributor specific freight costs)
>What are the possible sales and distributions channels for a book published at epubli?
>For £14.95, you will be able to sell your book at the epubli bookshop, as well as on Amazon and physical bookstores (incl. ISBN).
>What are the possible sales channels for an eBook published at epubli?
>If you publish an eBook, it will be available on the epubli eBookshop and the following distribution channels:
> Amazon Kindle Store
> Apple iBookstore
> Collins Booksellers
> Fnac
> Google Play Store
> Indigo
> Kobo Book Store
> Livraria Cultura
> Mondadori
> Whitcoulls
> WHSmith
>
>Please note: Due to each of the above distribution channels having their own criteria in their respective platforms, we cannot guarantee that your eBook will be incorporated in all of the above distribution channels.
>>
>>2726274
Not everybody is v or b it's pretty docile here
>>
>>2726368
You have to curate
>>
>>2726001
I'd like to know where this fallacy comes from, I saw no nature shots in the last book. I can't be the only one who submitted them,
>>
>>2726520
The problem isn't being "worthy" or anything like that.

Last two books were curated, and I'm guessing a lot of people decided to not submit. So If that's the case, more people should be submitting to this one because it's "open".

Now following that theory, last years book cost Softcover US $45.14 for the softcover version with the premium paper.
If I were to give everyone 2 pages, 1 picture on each page, then the cost of that book would have went to US $74.19 for the softcover.

The majority of people that actually buys books, buys the cheapest option available, and I'm 100% sure that only a few people would opt to buy a $75 dollar softcover book.

But what about small square? It's small, which means it's cheaper, give people two pages! Okay, let's take a look at the numbers.
If I had made last years book in small square format, it would have cost US $38.49 which is pretty good, about $7 dollars cheaper than the standard landscape.
Now doubling the number, and subtracting the intro/index/outro which doesn't need to be duplicated, it still would have cost US $60.99 for the softcover version.

It's still too expensive, and I try my best to make these books accessible to everyone in here. If this year's book isn't successful and not a lot of people submit, I might think of a two pager.
But otherwise, it's going to stay in 1 page manner and in standard landscape to make the images a bit bigger to offset it a bit.
>>
Can I email a shared onedrive link?
>>
>>2726591
I'm only gonna download the photos when the deadline has reached, so it's probably you just attach it to the email.
>>
File: wtf.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
3MB, 359x202px
you got a link to a previous book? wanna see what im working with here.
>>
>>2726582

>The problem isn't being "worthy" or anything like that.

>Last two books were curated, and I'm guessing a lot of people decided to not submit. So If that's the case, more people should be submitting to this one because it's "open".

>lots of shit photos is better than not as many good photos :^)

you have to curate ffs.
>>
>>2726654
this.

Have to curated. is pointless otherwise. Is like a massive random book of google images. not paying shit
>>
>>2726582
M8, last years book was good.
Ask yourself, would you pay money to own a print of >>2726385 ?
Seriously, nobody gives a shit about muh cummunity spirit.
We're on /p/ because we hate the dick-riding circle-jerking like4like nature of "online photography communities".
>and how is making the cut for the book going to stroke anyone's ego if there is no "cut"?
>>
File: A0004365-y1080px.jpg (297KB, 1631x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A0004365-y1080px.jpg
297KB, 1631x1080px
>>2726582
>The problem isn't being "worthy" or anything like that.
I understand your rationale, I was addressing negative Sakura's attitude.

>other things you said:
People who are too cheap for a ~$100 book will be the majority who want the PDF.
I only bought the BJDrew compiled small book becasue I was uncertain of the print quality. And it turned out I was correct to assume it would be a bit crap. Numerous images on one page also contributed to making it even crapper.
Especially as a small book.

I realise the worst thing anyone can say is "If I was in charge..."
But....just in case it's helpful.

Suggestion:
Accept up to 2 images from each person.
All images get a whole page in a square format, so it's visually egalitarian for any orientation or aspect ratio of images.
Submit 2 = guaranteed facing pages.
Single image submissions come all together at front of book.. or back .. whatever.
Decide size of smallest available book at end of image submissions.
Aim for 20x20cm or bigger, and <~$100US on the basis that the small book will be crap and cheapasses wont buy any book anyway, but will PDF-beg instead.
If the number of submissions fits A bigish ~100UD$ book then make available for print.
If there is a lot more submissions than what fills a roughly <$100 book then either print two volumes, three volumes, or reconsider sizing down a bit. But the first 15cm small book was a bit shitty, so avoid downsizing.

TL;DR: get the images, then decide, aim for big with no small version but PDF instead.
... basically what you are probably already doing :)

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Camera Softwaredarktable 1.4
PhotographerAndrew Wade Eglington oh-hi.info
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Created2015:12:22 17:34:16
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating80
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1631
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>2726716
>We're on /p/ because we hate the dick-riding circle-jerking like4like nature of "online photography communities".
Nah, I still like Flickr because it's nice to know thousands of people look at my stuff, and receive some friendly comments from both strangers and people you've "known" for ages. However I'm not a delusional fucking retard, I know my shit is nothing special and that's why I come to /p/ to get some realistic feedback, and look at the feedback of others.

The harshness and honesty of /p/ has helped me improve a lot, but it's always nice to balance that out with some ass kissing from Flickr.
>>
>>2726718
Literally 1 or 2 people would buy a $100 book. I would wager at least a dozen would buy a $50 book.
>>
>>2726772
>50$ + shipping for a book full of /p/ snapshits
nah
>>
>>2725932
Policy on nudes ?

and if 2 images are submitted is it advisable its two portaits or a portrait and a landscape ect
>>
>>2726810
saw a nude in the last book so should be fine
>>
>>2726365
>How good is epubli? I'm considering changing places if it's cheaper/better quality.

I've only tried their full colour 170 g/m2 matt option so far, but I'd put it on par or slightly above whatever the last /p/ book was. That plus being marginally cheaper & having more size/shape/binding options (including really cheap saddle stitching for thinner books) is what attracted me.

But as >>2726520 pointed out it seems they don't do proper international delivery (which I didn't know, sorry), so it's not really an option for us here.

>>2726646
>lots of shit photos is better than not as many good photos :^)

I'd rather have the good photos along with the shit photos (which the non curated approach would achieve) than have all the drama & extra work of trying to remove the shit ones in exchange for maybe giving the good ones more space or marginally reducing the price.

>>2726716
>Ask yourself, would you pay money to own a print of >>2726385 ?

Not on its own, no. But its inclusion in a book with 50 other prints wouldn't stop me from buying the book.

>>2726718
>I understand your rationale, I was addressing negative Sakura's attitude.

Sorry if that came across as brash. My point was more what Iggy has since explained more eloquently; giving everybody two pages adds a substantial amount to the price & the whole point of making a book is so that people can end up with something physical, so meeting a price that maximises how many people will actually buy it should be a priority.

>People who are too cheap for a ~$100 book will be the majority who want the PDF.

I think >>2726772 is more realistic. I imagine no more than 2 or 3 people would buy a $100 book, but a book at a similar price as last year's might get bought by maybe as many 1/8th of the people that submit. Can the authors of the previous books see how many copies were bought? It would be interesting to know.
>>
>>2726274
Don't give these people your name, no.
>>2726542
It only takes one of them.

Curious to see how this works out. I wasn't around last time you did one without curating but I have the impression the place had more "pros" back then.
>>
>>2726835
Go look at the instagram/flickr threads. People post their names here all the time
>>
File: C00001763-y1080px.jpg (226KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C00001763-y1080px.jpg
226KB, 810x1080px
>>2726824
>>2726772
>$100 book
No, a less-than ~$100 book.
If a 20cm book ends up at $75 its probably going to contain 100+ images
whereas a 30cm book with 30 pages and ~60 images might end up at near $100
etc
etc

Stop thinking in absolutes.
I'm just suggesting we aim as big as possible, and $100 as a ballpark.

Seriously though, cunts who won't pay <$100 for a decently sized book of full-page images... but are prepared to pay $50 for a tiny shit reproduction with several images to a page are the reason our books are so often half-assed. Nobody just goes full-tyrant and does what should be done for it to be good, and instead waste time trying to placate poorfags who wont end up buying one anyway, and if they do they end up with somehting shitty that fails to display the photos in a manner appropriate to a coffee-table style book's main function. LARGE, CLEAR, DISPLAY.

Image related: The more visually interesting books tend to be the largest.

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX Q7
Camera Softwaredarktable 1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)39 mm
Image Created2015:12:22 23:54:18
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating500
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length8.50 mm
Image Width810
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
>>2726874
How about the people who actually plan/want to buy the book post how much they are realistically willing to pay, rather than just two people arguing over it.

>inb4 $100 guy just samefags a ton of times
>>
>>2726874
>Nobody just goes full-tyrant and does what should be done for it to be good

>I am right and what I want is best

You're starting to sound like isi.
>>
>>2726874
It doesn't matter if a big $100 book will be better than a small $50 book, because nobody but you will buy the big $100 book. The book is being made for /p/, not for you.
>>
>>2726817
i assumed it would be no bother.

will the book be published as a pdf or a image collection somewhere ?
>>
>>2726888
If it's the same as previous years, there will be a PDF version of the book on Blurb that one kind person will buy & then share with everybody.
>>
>>2726824
>than have all the drama & extra work of trying to remove the shit ones in exchange for maybe giving the good ones more space or marginally reducing the price.

jesus dude there are plenty of us who would be more than willing to help. And I'm not talking about culling the 'subjective' ones I'm talking about culling the snapshits that obviously should be in the recycle bin.
>>
>>2726874

I'll just make a small book, a large book, and a two pager book.
>>
>>2726892
>I'm talking about culling the snapshits that obviously should be in the recycle bin.
Except even that is subjective.
>>
>>2726893
Based iggy, pleasing all us ungrateful bastards.
>>
>>2726893
thx bby :*
>>
File: 1450708432236.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450708432236.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
what if you think your photo is good but u really shit tho

what are the requirements
>>
>>2726900
If you think it's good, submit it. If it doesn't get in, take that as constructive feedback.
>>
what the fuck is this shit? what kind of photos should i post
>>
File: _catenated-column-y300px.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
_catenated-column-y300px.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>2726881
indeed.
I'd pay ~100$ for a decent sized ~30cm book
>>2726882
inb4 i am isi
also: hnng
>>2726883
>bitter wailing sound
.....nah
>>2726893
>3 weeks later
whatev's
a smart book printer would make it trivial to make one book and export multiple sizes.. but afaik most don't.
In any case, the expression "Work smarter..." comes to mind.
You took an awfully long time to do the last one iirc...and the last time I looked at the typical layout app from these sites it was like pulling my own teeth.
Sounds like a minature nightmare to me.

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX Q7
Camera SoftwarePENTAX Q7 Ver 1.00
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)39 mm
Image Created2015:12:21 12:32:35
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length8.50 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
>>2726935
If the /p/ book is going to be too slow, small, cheap, low quality, full of bad photos, and horribly laid out for you, just fuck off and make yourself your own book with only your photos in it.
>>
For a bunch of photos from /p/ I'd buy as a community memento, rather than anything with artistic merit? I'd pay $25 USD plus shipping.
>>
>>2726892
I totally get your sentiment, but it's never been that obvious. The past two years there has been curation, and while 95% of the photos are obvious, there's always heated discussion on more than a handful. One man's garbage is another man's experimental masterpiece. What then? There's always going to be too much grey area.
>>
>>2726894

Objectively shit photos are never subjective friendo
>>
>>2727213
>>2726940
>>2726937
bitter wailing futility intensifies
>>
Iggy, do you know how many people bought the last two books? does blurb tell you that?
>>
>>2727248
/p/ 2013= 29 sales (9 were the large books)
/p/ 2014= 13 sales
>>
>>2727250

Damn, I figured they'd be higher.
>>
>>2727258
we spend all our money on gear and we get the .pdf files online so yeah. We /p/oor.
>>
>>2727250
Do you recall what the prices on the various sizes were?
>>
>>2727280
They should still be available on Blurb, just look for them & adjust slightly for inflation.
>>
>>2727215

Put your trip back on you lazy cunt. You are going to curate this shit instead of having a book half full of garbage
>>
>>2727280

/p/ 2013 Small - Softcover - US $39.14
/p/ 2013 Small - Hardcover - US $50.61
/p/ 2013 Large - Hardcover - US $90.99
/p/ 2014 Small - Softcover - US $45.14
/p/ 2014 Small - Hardcover - US $56.61
>>
>>2727352
>p/ 2013 Large - Hardcover - US $90.99
jew
>>
>>2727366

>implying that isn't a good investment for a photobook that will be worth millions in a few decades
>>
File: Yacht-Charters-Worlwide10.jpg (83KB, 880x420px) Image search: [Google]
Yacht-Charters-Worlwide10.jpg
83KB, 880x420px
>>2727366
>>
>>2727352

Also can we get page counts for each book below plx?

>/p/ 2013 = 20 sales
>/p/ 2013 Small - Softcover - US $39.14
>/p/ 2013 Small - Hardcover - US $50.61
>/p/ 2013 = 9 sales
>/p/ 2013 Large - Hardcover - US $90.99
>
>/p/ 2014 = 13 sales
>/p/ 2014 Small - Softcover - US $45.14
>/p/ 2014 Small - Hardcover - US $56.61

Every way I look at those numbers indicate that each new small book progressively loses favour with buyers, and consequently either discourages small book sales, or discourages all book sales.

large 2015 book ftw
>>
>>2727453
The book only sold 13 copies total last year? I know there aren't that many people on /p/ but I would think at least most of the people published in the book would buy a copy. That's sort of depressing, at least I have mine though.
>>
File: nipponpepe.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
nipponpepe.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>tfw shot no worthy photos in 2015

oh well, /p/ is dying anyway.

at least I found a nice job.
>>
>>2727406
how do u take dis photo
>>
>>2727453
There isn't enough information there to indicate anything about your beloved large book. Do you honestly think that the lack of a large book in 2014 unambiguously explains the lower sales compares to 2013?
>>
>>2727509
With a camera
>>
File: DSC_0158-3.jpg (3MB, 1662x2500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0158-3.jpg
3MB, 1662x2500px
is this good enough to get accepted

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Color Filter Array Pattern804
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image Created2015:10:28 16:43:27
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/5.3
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length40.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2727517
probably not
>>
File: 1450506671799.png (686KB, 759x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1450506671799.png
686KB, 759x1200px
>>2727453
Where did you get those sales numbers?
>>
File: 1450872872149b.jpg (390KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450872872149b.jpg
390KB, 665x1000px
>>2727517
No, peoples backs aren't interesting. But here, look how better it looks if you took 30 seconds to tone it a little and RESIZE YOUR NOISY CRAP god damn it.

Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Color Filter Array Pattern842
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:12:23 13:41:49
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/5.3
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length40.00 mm
Image Width665
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2727517
>>2727529
I saw worse in the book we had last year.
"People's backs" it may be but unlike most of the shit in that category this has a story within it.
I'd absolutely say this is good enough for a /p/ book, minding that that's not much of a compliment.
>>
File: Untitled.png (53KB, 1159x633px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
53KB, 1159x633px
>>2727510
Don't think so, no one asked for a large copy afaik or I would have done one.

People even complained that the book was too expensive, but I mean, nothing I could do about it.

>>2727528
Pic related.

>>2727509
I paid a mexican to take it on top of a jetski.
>>
>>2727617
>I paid a mexican to take it on top of a jetski.
I thought you took it from your second, larger boat.
>>
>>2727510
It's conceivable that people who bought the small book in 2013 realised it was crap and didn't to do it again in 2014.
I did this.
Mind you the whole curation thing was more of a reason.

Also: fuck off with being a cunt about book sizes just for the sake of disagreeing with me.
A big book is visually better.
Assuming it can be made for a reasonable price; it is a better option.
>>
>>2727622
second boat is few months from now.

>>2727625
I already said I'll do variable sizes just for the sake of it.
>>
File: DSC02496.jpg (173KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02496.jpg
173KB, 667x1000px
>>2726385
>>2727517
Pretty good photos as such... but are they the kind to you that you'll wallpaper or look at multiple times in print?

Pic related too. Also probably not interesting enough.

>>
>>2727637
now you guys have to be taking the piss.
>>
File: 49720403.jpg (61KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
49720403.jpg
61KB, 500x313px
>>2727640
>>
>>2727617
>>2727625
>It's conceivable that people who bought the small book in 2013 realised it was crap and didn't to do it again in 2014.
I did this.
>Nobody asked for a large book in 2014

>Assuming it can be made for a reasonable price; it is a better option.
>People complained about the price of even the small book.

>Also: fuck off with being a cunt about book sizes just for the sake of disagreeing with me.

You're the cunt here. You've done nothing in this thread but shit over the previous books and you're only 'constructive' input has been 'make a bigger and more expensive book' that literally nobody but you seems to want.

But whatever, Iggy said he's going to make a larger book for you special snowflake, so kindly shut the fuck up now and stop trying to force your opinions on everybody else who doesn't share them.
>>
>>2725932

mail sent!
>>
File: DSC02485.jpg (292KB, 636x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02485.jpg
292KB, 636x1000px
>>2727640
No, I'm honest. The photos are decent. Maybe even something to include in a portfolio.

But I'm not sure you'd want to pick up a printed book repeatedly to see these shots in particular.

Just my opinion tho, if you want to submit, go ahead. Figures you might be among the better submissions anyways.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 (Windows)
PhotographerM.Schmid
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)45 mm
Image Created2015:09:25 03:57:53
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness7.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length30.00 mm
CommentGPS coordinates approximate
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
I bought the large hardcover version of the 2013 book.
Probably won't this year, though.

>>2725967
Cock.li is compromised. Just a heads up.
>>
File: PhotobookSamples-2.jpg (1MB, 2700x3000px) Image search: [Google]
PhotobookSamples-2.jpg
1MB, 2700x3000px
>>2727626
>I'll do variable sizes just for the sake of it.
I know.
We are still arguing for the sake of it too. It wouldn't be a proper book thread if we didn't.
>>2727662
>bigger and more expensive that literally nobody but you seems to want.
Your mother.

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Width2700
Image Height3000
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2013:03:25 19:08:41
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating80
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2727878
>Your mother.
If we're going to argue for the sake of it, at least put some effort in.
>>
>>2727637
>cosplayers
>interesting.
yeah. nah

also: fix the damn exposure you tool
>>
>>2727879
ok..
You're mother.
>>
>>2727889
Actually made me smile, well played stubborn tripfag.
>>
File: 1450822212904.jpg (47KB, 386x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450822212904.jpg
47KB, 386x600px
>>2727878
>>I'll do variable sizes just for the sake of it.
>I know.
>We are still arguing for the sake of it too. It wouldn't be a proper book thread if we didn't.
>>
File: 1405060794747.gif (1MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1405060794747.gif
1MB, 400x226px
>>2727916
>>2727898
Playmates detected.

>bumpan teh throd to death
>>
>>2726718
i understand the choice of having no curation to improve engagement and sales but the shit in that photo is just pathetic
>>
Bumping so it doesn't get too far down on the page.

>every year the deadline comes and goes, the book gets published, and then somebody complains that they never saw anything
>>
>>2727878
>mfw my page is in that shot
>mfw i'm not too ashamed of what i submitted that year
>>
>>2728122
Which snapshit is yours faggot?
>>
File: tumblr_mh521qbuq51rn99yco1_1280.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh521qbuq51rn99yco1_1280.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
im okay with boo

who sending entries? smash that like fa m
>>
You should see something later today
>>
For what its worth, I'll buy a big one.

Considering ordering the last 2 years too, because fuck you all.
>>
>>2728169
You da real mvp.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1Ds Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Image Width4992
Image Height3328
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2013:06:26 14:53:36
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/9.1
Focal Length24.00 mm
Image Width4800
Image Height3200
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: stupidfuckinducksihateducks.jpg (2MB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
stupidfuckinducksihateducks.jpg
2MB, 1600x2000px
I'd like to get in this. I just want one though. Which of these four would you guys think best?

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution200 dpi
Vertical Resolution200 dpi
Image Created2015:12:24 11:25:11
Image Width1600
Image Height2000
>>
>>2728203
Portraits, because I've seen the other two a billion times already. Can't say I care for crazy eyes though
>>
What is the outfit on the kid all about?
>>
>>2728217
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caporales
>>
>>2728169
I got the big hardback last year, and I'll be getting it again.
>>
>>2728203
>wasting patrician sheet film on fancy dress beauty shots of beaners
>still better than your nothing tourist shots of nyc
Holy hell dude, I hope 2016 is looking up for you...
>>
>>2728203

top and bottom left
>>
>>2728203
Top left.
>>
File: 1335399530278.jpg (4KB, 113x102px) Image search: [Google]
1335399530278.jpg
4KB, 113x102px
>>2726532
This looks good to me.
>>
>>2726824

Dude, wy won't you make a public curation and rhen make two versions of a book: without curation and with it? It may even occupy less time if you separate curated and non-curated images.
>>
>>2728754
>make 2 books
>it'll take less time

Just listen to yourself.
>>
>>2728336
>what is 645, Alec?
>>
>>2728756

So, of two possible interperetations of my post you chose the one which sounds absurdly and not the other which is equally common.
>>
>>2728914
>645
hmm.
What camera leaves that frame border?
>>
>>2728124
The really shitty one. You know the one I mean: the one that REALLY makes you mad that it was included in the book.
>>
>>2729262
You mean to tell me that all of those images are yours?
>>
>>2726893
Thanks heaps for all this, Iggy!
>>
>>2729262
you took the picture of the owl didn't you.
>>
>>2729322
Every. Single. One.
>>
nice telenovela, faggots.
>>
File: DSC_0318-2.jpg (2MB, 1500x989px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0318-2.jpg
2MB, 1500x989px
>>2729562
Is this good ?

Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Color Filter Array Pattern804
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Horizontal Resolution92 dpi
Vertical Resolution92 dpi
Image Created2015:11:26 14:00:48
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2729612
no
>>
>>2729612
yes
>>
>>2729612
maybe
>>
>>2729612
can you repeat the question
>>
photobook up
>>
>>2730748
Link?
>>
>>2730748
>Send the photo by January 15, 2016
>photobook up
Huh?
>>
>>2730866
>>2730889
For fuck's sake. I know that the old days of 4chan are long since dead, but you've still gotta remember to lurk moar before spreading your retardism all over this board.

The phrase "[blank] up," merely means that a certain [blank]-themed thread was sinking to the back pages, and the anon was merely bumping it 'up' to the front page.
>>
>>2731076
>before spreading your retardism all over this board.
It's literally two comments in the same thread... shut the fuck up.

>and the anon was merely bumping it 'up' to the front page
There's a word for that, it's called "bump".

Don't get all pissy because some people might not know what a phrase means, I've lurked this board long enough and never once seen "[blank] up" used to bump a thread until now.
>>
>>2731080

at least troll with photo related content, not some "look i pretend to be retarded hurr".
>>
>>2731080
>I've lurked this board long enough and never once seen "[blank] up" used to bump a thread until now.
One week doesn't count as "long enough."
>>
>>2731076
You gotta understand that photobook up sounds like the photobook is up, most people just say bump now if they're bumping
>>
File: fagsreadfilenames.jpg (391KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
fagsreadfilenames.jpg
391KB, 1000x662px
Since there is no curation...
>>
What usually happens with the cover? >>2726874 is generic as fuck but I don't know how this was in other years?
>>
>>2731076

I've been on 4chan since about 2004-2005 and not once have I EVER seen "[something] up" used in the context of a bump.

The use in this thread can only be taken as someone saying the photobook is up/online.

Stop being a retarded cunt
>>
>>2731302
It didn't look much different back then. Black cover and some text.
>>
>>2731302

Ya, I agree. Let's come together and try and formulate a better idea for the cover. I understand that we are sending pictures from all walks of life and of different subjects and of varying degrees of quality -- but we should still have something better than "/p/ photography 3.0".

I also understand that we're all a bunch of fucks and that coming together to try and reach a consensus on a "proper" title and cover image is going to be ridiculous -- but I say we try regardless.

We could do the classic [whatever title we agree on] in large bold letters and place numerous images inside the letters. It would be easy in photoshop. Make the photographs the background layer, and just overlay the title as layer 1 but have the letters completely transparent and the rest of layer 1 white or black to block out the other photos.
>>
>>2731509
If we can't agree if/how to judge the shots that go in the book, how the fuck do you think we're going to agree on images to go on the cover?
>>
File: Farmers market.png (176KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
Farmers market.png
176KB, 600x324px
>>2731547

The images that are on the cover would be small and tough to fully make out because they would be cropped since the transparent title would be overlayed atop of them.

It would look similar to pic related. The only difference is that there would be numerous photos instead of just one large one. But they would not be made to fit inside the letters -- rather, the letters would be placed over top, blocking certain aspects of the pictures that they are above.

Nawwwww mean?
>>
>>2731509
I hate that idea. I like the minimalist cover on 2.0, just do a little better with the text layout.
>>
>>2731588
trash
>>2731598
yes. keep the title, just change the font and positioning. nice and simple
>>
>>2731302
We could always invade /gd/ with this and see if they come up with anything?
>>
>>2731302
photoshop a pic of ansel adams weeping
>>
Halfway through the thread - I have a few questions

1 - what exactly is this? I gather pics will made into a book. What is the cost, how is bought, does it get published and sold?

2 - could I put my name and my instagram?

3 - Can I see last year's book? Will there be themes etc?
>>
>>2727751
>Cock.li is compromised. Just a heads up.

Its still good for nonimportant, spam, troll accounts.

No one really used it for work right?
>>
>>2732043
>what exactly is this?
It's a book m8.

>What is the cost
If you read the thread, you would know the cost is based on how many pages there is, etc.

>how is bought
Blurb.

>does it get published and sold?
No. I make it and it sits pretty on my hard drive.

>could I put my name and my instagram?
You can put your name, not instagram.

>Can I see last year's book?
Sure.

1st book - http://www.blurb.com/b/3100411-a-photography-collection-from-the-internet-s-wild
/p/ 2.0 Small - http://www.blurb.com/b/4145243-p-photo-book-2-0-small
/p/ 2.0 Large - http://www.blurb.com/b/4145886-p-photo-book-2-0-large
/p/ 2013 Small - http://www.blurb.com/b/5134098-p-2013-small
/p/ 2013 Large - http://www.blurb.com/b/5132777-p-2013-large
/p/ 2014 - http://www.blurb.com/b/6074398-p-2014

>Will there be themes etc?
No.
>>
>>2732043
Fuck off
>>
>>2731598

Yeah the minimal design is fine but the layout/execution was horrible
>>
Book up.
>>
>>2732529
Faggot up
>>
>>2732593
This is a no-homophobia blue board. Adjust your manners accordingly.
>>
>>2732676
No use in resorting to name calling. We're just trying to have fun here.
>>
>>2732679
>>2732681
We're all gay here. This is fucking /p/ for Christ's sake. Now, y'all two niggers stop flirting and just fucking give each other a blow job, k?
>>
Book up, so that we hopefully don't get as many "B-B-B-B-BUT I NEVER SAW THE THREAD" posts when it's released.
>>
>>2732679
fag
>>
Sent
>>
Wouldn't it be a good idea to also release it as a free .pdf as well.
I'm sure that won't stop people from buying it, but it would also allow more of us to see the contents.
>>
>>2733644
I think the argument against this is that blurb doesn't allow it.
>>
>>2733644

There's always a free pdf.
>>
>>2733644
Did you join this summer?
>>
>>2733634
>>2733591

fucking retarded cunt
>>
>>2734228
Yup, I'm only posting with a trip cause it's book related.
>>
File: 1451149963674.gif (452KB, 508x270px) Image search: [Google]
1451149963674.gif
452KB, 508x270px
>>2725932
I have some scans of film that are smaller than 1800px which one of 'em I'd like to submit. The photo is 1024x1536. Also ISO400 grain. Is that unacceptable?
>>
>>2734467
Send it and we'll see.
>>
>>2734467
You don't have scans, you have potato vision.
Get any modern digital camera, and take a photo of your film taped to a window as close as you can get, and you'll have better 'scans' than that, you fucking mongoloid.
>and yes, it is unacceptable
>>
Woah woah woah woah woah.

This shit's about to fall off then back end of the board.

Book up.
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>2736869
>Book up.

You're so fucking retarded cunt. Do you wear nappies so you don't shit on your parents carpet?
>>
4 days.
>>
>>2727352
What was the page number of this books?
>>
anyone has the pdf for 2015/2014 books?
>>
>>2742169
It's in the link in the sticky.
>>
im not sending any of my photos to this shit ass book.
>>
File: 1429479894667.png (24KB, 365x259px) Image search: [Google]
1429479894667.png
24KB, 365x259px
>>2742171
>>
Book up.

Also, Iggy, can you please extend the deadline even a week? I just sent out some film from December and I don't think that shit's gonna be back in time.
>>
>>2726874
It could use a way better font yuck.

Might submit. Hmm.
>>
>>2742235
>Book up
Shut the fuck up already you stupid cunt

What makes you think you're such a precious little snowflake who deserves a fucking week extension, while the rest of us had no problem submitting on time?
>>
It's a low quality scan, but how about this?
>>
File: 08000002.jpg (798KB, 1040x1024px) Image search: [Google]
08000002.jpg
798KB, 1040x1024px
>>2742697
Mistake.

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-31
Camera SoftwareQSS-31 G002
Image Width1040
Image Height1024
>>
>>2742235

Fuck off, use pictures you took in the other 11 months of the year.
>>
Not going to contribute this year as the submissions tend to be weak and noobish as fuck. I wanna see great images, not snapshits.
2012 and 2013 had the best /p/ books.
>>
File: Capture.png (36KB, 285x268px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36KB, 285x268px
Keep submissions coming, only 3 more days.
>>
>>2742698
niggah what are you doing
>>
>>2742920
so is this going through without ANY kind of curation?
>>
>>2742920
jesus christ.
>>
>>2742965
>no curation edition

Welp.
>>
>>2742965
>>2743002
>>2743232
>>2743270
I was OP in the other book thread, I'm really sorry guys, I didn't expect it to turn out like this.
If it makes you feel any better I won't be submitting either.
I guess isi and the spate of godawful newtrips we're dealing with at the moment will get their time in the sun in this 'muh representative of the whole cummunity' vanity project.
>who's prepared to bet Capturd society won't remove his watermark from his submissions
>>
>>2743297

its very easy. you dont want your photography in a sea of newfag terrible photos, dont submit. do your own prints with fellow photogs irl. or solo. whatever, this 2016 /p/ book is shit from the start, from the very OP, who is a photoless faggot.
>>
>>2743300
Hard to imagine that /p/ is going downhill with posters like you around.
>>
>>2743327

lmao cry more
>>
>>2743327
>/p/ is going downhill because posters like you want quality pictures and people to act like they give half a shit about photography.

Not even the guy you are responding to, but you have to be pretty delusional to think a photobook of anonymous snapshits is worth anything.
>>
>>2743346
How many of this year's submissions have you seen so far?
I'll remind you, the first two years that were widely considered to be the best, were uncurated as well.
>>
>>2743355
>widely considered
You wanna try editing on Wikipedia sometime m8.
>>
>>2743355

two years ago we had rubber, pantsuit, nouveau, carlos, miki, prime alphon, not shit NG, not depressed trapsocks, alex burke, mike larremore, shuttermaki, aang, just to name a few.

what do we have now? cc? captured society? craylton? LOL
>>
>>2743359

>curated book
>zero photos
>one page that just says "u fukn suck fgts"
>$59.95
>>
>>2742632
>Shut the fuck up already you stupid cunt
Book up.
>>
>>2743361
at least that's art
>>
File: 1446785637352676.png (526KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
1446785637352676.png
526KB, 600x526px
>>2743390
>>
>>2743583
Book up.
>>
>>2743583
Book up.
>>
File: 144765248394857.png (62KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
144765248394857.png
62KB, 300x200px
>>2743630
>>2743956
>>
>>2743956
>>2743630

I bet you're still breastfeeding. I wonder if you've been toilet trained yet
>>
>>2744046
Book up.
>>
>>2744192
>>2744046
>>2743996
>>2743956
>>2743630
>>2743583
>>2743390
Imagine if you guys put this much energy into taking photos
>>
File: 1421514482889.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1421514482889.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
Why are people so upset about the phrase "book up"
>>
>>2744193
Ditto friend
>>
>>2744193
>implying anybody on /p/ puts any time into photos

I hate to break it to you, but you're shitposting on /p/ just as much as "book up" guy. There's literally zero difference between the two of you.
>>
File: soooooooo.jpg (63KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
soooooooo.jpg
63KB, 500x281px
78 emails so far....

24 hours left, send the good stuff now please.

Image Width500
Image Height281
>>
>>2744736

brb starting multiple email accounts to get more submissions and finding multiple cats to take snapshits of

also finding expired film for my edgy lomography shots of street lights

also cocks
>>
>>2744736
>send the good stuff now please.

manchild "in charge" mocking the submits, very classy.
>>
>>2744736
Sorry buddy, but people who make photos worth caring about don't want them buried in a print/pdf RPT.
Please start a new thread called /p/ Book 2015 v2.0: Electric Boogaloo - "I'm sorry I tried to force a no-curation edition" Edition.
>>
>>2744741

I submitted decent shit to try to raise the average. Just not going to submit my best if there are no standards.

Of course, you still may not care about my photos, but hey.
>>
>>2744736
> inb4 capsoc has 20 pages
>>
File: IMG_3874.jpg (1MB, 1165x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3874.jpg
1MB, 1165x1000px
>>2744736
Is this good enough for the book?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareDigital Photo Professional
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2013:07:21 13:12:48
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Focal Length60.00 mm
Image Width1165
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2744742
>this isn't even my final form.
>>
>>2744744
Well, it's no curation...
>>
>>2744746

It's never my final form as long as I have a more expensive camera to buy.

Coming up next, Phase One XF 100MP.
>>
>>2744736
Aww i thought mine was ok ;_;
>>
>>2744744
I'd suppose so, I mean, it tells a deep story of how depressed the world is, no one seems happy there. The kid is sad as she doesn't get to play with the balloons, the mother is lost in her own thoughts. The guy is tensed about his job and income. Everyone is just walking past him. The nigger in the back is looking at something, that something is hidden from us, telling us that it doesn't matter what he's thinking of or looking at, but he is philosophising something "out of the box" if you catch my drift.

great photo tbqhf
>>
p.s. the book will be up tomorrow.
>>
>>2744752
>being this full of shit
>>
>>2744757
> actually taking it seriously
cmon anon you're better than that.
>>
>>2744760
>I think that says a lot about what's happening with the board.

which is?
>>
>>2744759
>i was only pretending

your lame attempt at humor has no chance to be mistaken as irony. and im not sure if youre better than that.
>>
>>2744765
:)
>>
Hey as long as I get it in tomorrow on the 15th im okay?
>>
>>2744769
>taking this long.

You almost got cut last year too.
>>
>>2744744
>>2744749
>w-where r all the sebmissions guys, we want this b-book to represent the c-c-community...

You made your bed, now lie in it you lazy mexican.
>>
>>2744764

oh but anon, your autistic cognitive processes need inquiry, dont assume your delusions are shared around by telepathy.

what community are you talking of? the irc circlejerk? this "book" project has no representativity, is already bombing in fact, and im happy for that.
>>
File: A0030154-y600px.jpg (111KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
A0030154-y600px.jpg
111KB, 400x600px
>>2744752
This is why people trying to interpret photos makes me cringe so much. :)

That's Wayne. He's a cool mofo whos 'other job' is an industrial property body corporate manager, he prefers balloons because it's fun and he rakes in more money with far less bullshit than his 'other job'. I don't think he is ever stressed, much less about his income. he makes good money and loves it.
The 'nigger' - who is probably arabic or indian - is watching other people go by, just like every other person sitting down. Eating, drinking, or just hanging and looking at other humans. Relaxing.
The girl wants one of everything and is re-assessing if she chose the right one, and what she might do to convince her mum to buy more.
The woman is watching Wayne skillfully twisting balloons and maybe wondering if she chose to pay him the 'right amount' - because he operates in that space as a busker (see the clearly displayed permit at bottom?), and buskers cannot set prices, only rough guides for how much to pay.
There is actually nothing really depressing in this scene.
...Rampant commercialism aside.

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)300 mm
Image Width400
Image Height600
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2014:01:05 14:20:16
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
ISO Speed Rating500
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2744780

so you were serious? good lord, why would you say that "people gives less a shit about photography"? are you that retarded? people gives a lot of shit about photo, real photo, not halfassed book projects held by losers who cant make a single good picture in two years straight.
>>
>>2744786

Depressing as fuck. His mouth says happy, but his eyes say "shoot me; it is the only escape from this rainbow-colored prison I have constructed around myself, and I lack the courage to pull the trigger." I could see this picture on the cover of a Kafka work.
>>
>>2744786
I honestly dont care. Good interpretation though I guess.

I shouldn't need to put /s after sarcasm, but redditfags seem to need it a lot. Not you in particular dw.
>>
So, aside from our names, are we able to place a caption?

What about instagram/twitter and whatnot?
>>
>>2744797
>What about instagram/twitter and whatnot?
>p book will be literally a printed Instagram thread

EL OH EL
>>
>>2744797
>What about instagram/twitter and whatnot?

Absofuckinglutely no.
>>
>>2744794
You sure he's reddit mate? I'd be careful what you say under a trip it isn't fast forgotten. Just some advise.
>>
>>2744799
>>2744800

That's totally understandable, but what about a short caption to the photo? Or a title to the photo?
>>
>>2744811
okay I'm glad you'll remember then :)
>>
File: A0020119-james-y600px.jpg (48KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
A0020119-james-y600px.jpg
48KB, 400x600px
>>2744794
>Good interpretation though
I wasn't interpreting. Interpreting is for artwankers.
I was stating reality.

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)450 mm
Image Width400
Image Height600
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2013:10:07 13:55:09
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramCreative
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length300.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2744835
i bet you're aussie aye
>>
>>2744818
NO
>>
Can I still submit?
Time zones and stuch
>>
>>2744982
Iggy's Brazilian. It's still morning there.
>>
>>2744198

Because book up can ONLY refer to the photo book being published.

Trying to use that term for a thread bump is beyond autismal
>>
>>2745282
>Because book up can ONLY refer to the photo book being published.

whenever the book gets published, itll be the OP who gets to say it, followed by a link to it.

are you aware of how amazingly retarded you are?
>>
>>2744998
>Iggy's Brazilian. It's still 1982 there.
fixt
>>
>>2745338
they must have a lot of films there.
>>
>>2745338
top lel
>>
fuck I forgot to submit will you forgive me iggu
>>
>>2745573
it doesn't matter /p/ is kill
>>
what's the latest?
>>
>>2746210
Well maybe Iggy recognized he can't be handing out a book of shit that nobody's gonna buy because he still wants that bigger yacht.
Maybe he started curating all out of a sudden and it will be a /p/ 2015 magazine .
Maybe he will get the new boat that way,because more people are going to buy a cheaper magazine of good photos than a expensive book full of shit sprinkled with some strawberries.
>>
No more photos pls.

>>2746260
Plenty of news to come, I've got goals for this year.
>>
>>2746310
Well it would be an idea, i just hope mine makes the cut
>>
>>2746310
ffs iggy please curate this. you're contributing to the cucking of this board. there will be greats, and not-so-greats, and if we dont recognize that this board will go even more downhill than it already has.
>>
>>2746657
Die in a fire.
>>
When is it coming?
>>
>>2746657

not-so-great i'm fine with it.

i'm just worried that about 50% of it will be from retards with brand new dslr sending their totaly unorginal blank shit.

unoriginal blank shit is the cancer.
>>
>>2747901
in b4 4526 pictures of yachts
>>
File: Yacht.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
Yacht.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
>>2748210
I'm super drunk and can't help myself.
>Plz forgiveness
>>
where's the book iggy
>>
>>2748556
*magazine
>>
Where's the magazine iggy
>>
/p/ 2015 A year of advanced faggotry
>>
>>2748810
good title, sir
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.