[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pack/Sack General 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: SpecOpsBrandEODkit.png (631KB, 670x660px) Image search: [Google]
SpecOpsBrandEODkit.png
631KB, 670x660px
So I'm thinking of buying a new outdoor pack from either Direct Action, Maxpedition, or SpecOps Brand. It got me wondering what brands/products you all use for your packs/sacks and what you avoid.

Image related; SpecOps Brand bundle ( that they call their E.O.D. kit for who knows why? ) that currently is what I'm most likely to purchase. Lifetime warranty on the bag, the bundle will cost a little under $300.00.
>>
>what you avoid

Normal people around packs like in your pic. Are you an edgemaster?
>>
>>682463

For most people those packs aren't actually all that good. They work pretty well if you're hauling tools around for work, but I wouldn't suggest them for hiking/camping most of the time.
>>
>>682465
Not at all. I just walk everywhere ( driving is too expensive for me and the local public transport really isn't worth the cost ) and want something that will hold up when I hike home from the grocery store, etc. The light sheath ( for flashlights ) is nice too considering how often I walk at night. I'll prob use the knife sheath for something else unless I'm actually going into the wilderness to camp or something else though.
>>
>>682484
Well, I do walk pretty much everywhere; including to/from the grocery store, etc. so I do tend to haul things a good bit. Why not share your pack/sack for EDC and/or hiking/camping? I did make this thread with the intention of it being a general Pack/Sack thread.
>>
>>682492
There's already a pack general.
>>
>>682496
Not that I saw. I did see some threads regarding packs for specific use but failed to find a general Pack/Sack thread. I suppose I may have just missed it and if that is the case I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.
>>
>>682496
>general
Need more privates
>>
>>682492

I've got one of the larger SOC packs, but I work as a UXO guy and it's more useful in that role.

I wouldn't suggest using some of these for groceries etc. since the compartments can make it kind of a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes if you're using them all at once. It's usable, but I have a more 'generic' kinda bag for that sort of thing.
>>
>>682488

Also, you'll look like a fucking autistic manchild most of the time walking around with one of them. It's part of why I (and everyone else) I work with rarely use them outside of work.
>>
>>682511
Then you didn't look hard enough. There's a pack general and it has over 100 posts.
>>
>>682529
I've been over the catalog three different times and I've not found it. I have seen no other thread titled "Pack general" or anything similarly titled. Point me in the right direction if it is really there; but I'm not seeing it in spite of really looking for it.
>>
I use a Swazi Stag bag, basically a modern pikau.

Zips out to a huge meat sack.
>>
>>682463
>and what you avoid.
1. Everything with molle on it.
2. Namefags
3. People who are to stupid to find the respective general
>>
>>682532

>>>665637
>>
>>682534
Neat; have any pictures?
>>682538
Thank you; I'm still not finding it in the catalog but I'm happy that you were right about the thread existing. I'm looking forward to seeing what others are doing/thinking.
>>
File: huge-backpack.jpg (43KB, 385x497px) Image search: [Google]
huge-backpack.jpg
43KB, 385x497px
YOU WANT THE BIGGEST BADDEST LARGEST MOLLE BACKPACK PERIOD.

DONT WORRY ABOUT FILLING IT WITH SURVIVAL GEAR JUST STUFF IT WITH TISSUE AND WALK AROUND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

JUST GET THE BIGGEST FUCKING BACKPACK YOU CAN FIND.

MAKE SURE IT HAS MOLLE ALL OVER IT AND CAN HOLD 20 GALLONS OF WATER

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ROOM FOR YOU KNIVES!
>>
>>682568
No, I'm not after the biggest; I just want something I can use for multiple tasks be they work related or for personal use.
>>
>>682572
JUST MAKE SURE ITS FUCKING COVERED IN MOLLE AND HOOK AND LOOP

IF YOU DON'T GET IT IN COYOTE YOUREAFAGGOT
>>
File: 916408.jpg (146KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
916408.jpg
146KB, 880x660px
>>682463

gen 2 ilbe 50$
>>
>>682568
kek
>>
Unless your military. I wouldn't wear/use this. I'm not one to care how people view me but having close friends and family in the marines. Wearing shit like that draws a certain amount of attention.
>>
>>682674
>Wearing shit like that draws a certain amount of attention.

What kind of attention? Just curious, not arguing.
>>
>>682674
fuck that, why can't I wear/use whatever I want? Freedom means being free bi@tches
>>
>>682641
>gen 2 ilbe
Those are like $250 lol
>>
>>682463
Personally I love my Flextrek 37trill. Augmenteon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlLNEzgXu0E
>>
>>682463
I just use a cheap super Mario backpack I bought at a thrift store. I never use it unless I am camping at for 3 days to 7 days. Just use a fanny pack I got at Walmart for shorter hikes/camping. Lightweight is were it's at. That bag looks heavy.
>>
>>682674

Most people in the military don't give a shit about what bag you have. Those things do stick out like a sore thumb though.
>>
>>682688
For me at least, if I see someone wherein something like this I assume they are military. Basically. I don't appreciate people who haven't served wearing something that identifies with military lifestyle. But that's just me. I don't think it's wrong and if it serves your purpose by all means use it.
>>
I own several Maxpedition bags.
They're expensive but you can't
Beat the quality.

>they have several colors so you won't look like a edgy tacticoolfag
>>
>>682801

is foliage/khaki OK?

<.<

>.>
>>
>>682825
Maxpedition falcon 2 and some other bags come in red, blue,yellow, orange, etc...
If your in an urban area, no tan or black
>>
File: B0429_ArcFX_Gloves_lifestyle.jpg (248KB, 1024x919px) Image search: [Google]
B0429_ArcFX_Gloves_lifestyle.jpg
248KB, 1024x919px
>>682829

red and yellow could be neat. could maybe pretend I am iron man and have some blue hand thingies?
>>
>>682793
Fuck that mentality.

Surplus is cheap, and in most cases better then the expensive consumer alternatives.

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>682793
No one is stealing anyone's Valor by carrying a backpack. Just think of a backpack as a hikers purse.
>>
>>682674
I can understand those feelings but as long as I'm not impersonating military or police officials I don't see why I can't use it. The bag can be tailored to fit my evolving needs, is high quality ( with a lifetime warranty ) and I personally just like the looks of it.
>>682737
It was designed to be a three-day bag for military use/private contractors and people in similar professions. With that said I do want something that can hold a lot which is why I thought this bag may be a good choice to me as opposed to their EDC model. This bag is going to be used for a lot more than groceries though; I'll be using it for camping, possibly future work, etc.
>>
File: Socratic_Thinking-1.jpg (497KB, 1092x1488px) Image search: [Google]
Socratic_Thinking-1.jpg
497KB, 1092x1488px
I wonder if I posted about it for a couple of years: could I make /out/ like military packs and hate civilian ones?

>lol, you don't like coyote?
>fuckin' princess needs everyone to see the gaudy colors of his pack so they know how much he spent.
>i just prefer molle to the useless daisy chains and junk hanging off of fashion packs: i can actually attach useful things.
>of course you don't like molly: you don't like girls at all, gayboy.

etc.
>>
>>682928
Bear Gryllis
Good equipment (mostly) that gets a bum rap because of shit posting.

The masses like to follow, baaaaaa say the sheeple.

So the answer is YES, you could.
>>
File: mollegasm.jpg (120KB, 577x800px) Image search: [Google]
mollegasm.jpg
120KB, 577x800px
>every 50+L military styled pack extends to the rear rather than up
>still attach things onto the backs of it
>>
>>682463
You seem pretty autistic to me mate.
There are plenty of other bags out there that will probably do the job better than milspec/surp gear will. Milsurp is cheap and good for camping, but this isn't milsurp. This is you looking for some tacticool option and trying to justify it by saying how useful and modular it is. If it's too expensive to drive but a 300 dollar bag is a good price, then I'd hate to know what the fuck you're driving.

To be honest dude, no, you shouldn't worry about what other people think, but you will anyway, which is probably why you want a bag with a bunch of compartments you'll never use in military spec colour from a military spec brand covered in MOLLE you'll never use. The thing is you won't look operator, you'll look like a fuckwit and end up wishing you bought a bag that was comfy and more suited to your needs, in a colour that doesn't stick out like dogs' balls.

I mean fuck what's next, wearing a gunners rig because you can put your muesli bars in the ammo pouches and wearing a shemagh incase it gets windy? Don't be a fucken retard mate. I know this is a comfy board but shit, you gotta draw the line somewhere.
>>
>>683046
/thread
>>
General opinion on Marmot?

Looking to purchase a new backpack for daily use, class (laptop), walking etc. I'm a country boy in the UK so i'm preferably after something that can withstand some rain and mud since I walk my pupper using the same pack.

Currently using a Berghaus Munro but the lack of a laptop pocket and organization is killing me slowly.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks chaps
>>
I've got a Fast Pack EDC from TripleAught that I really like. It was crazy pricey, even with the active discount, but it works really well
>>
>>682463
the only pack i need is that one that holds an 800 round ammo belt
>>
File: 61m9RmSAaDL._SL1000_.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61m9RmSAaDL._SL1000_.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
OP I got pic related during the holiday season, thought about what I wanted for a long time and this fit the criteria.

>Wasn't crye tier expensive
>Wasn't molle fucking everywhere, just one section
>Microfiber pocket for my glasses
>large main compartment, works extremely well as a range bag and even better as a day hike bag (not for EDC because I'm not a fucking mall ninja)
>Slap a state patch, plain color on it for looks
>Bandana woven through molle beside opinel no. 6
>Replaced paracord pulls with suade/leather, looks more relaxed
>Its condor, kinda eh quality wise but I plan on modding it anyway, the cordura will hold up much better than your standard REI daybag

No regrets, love this bag. If you want a good EDC bag get a REI vintage series or a Jansport classic. Topo Designs makes nice bags too.
>>
>>683046

This.

For 300 dollars you could get a way better hiking pack than how the shit in your pic will serve you. Bigger too. There is no reason to spend 300 on that man....
>>
>>683540
Exactly, shit for 300 I'd get two bags. You could even get a top of the line ultralight bag for that much with money to spare.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.