[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ I'm trying to decide on some hiking boots to buy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /out/ I'm trying to decide on some hiking boots to buy, I have some choices narrowed down to a few, was wondering if I can get your opinions on them or if you have some boots that you would recommend more to the ones I will be listing. Also note that I do not hike, but I will be getting into it shortly.

1. salomon quest 4d 2
2.vasque st. elis
3.asolo fugitive
>>
>>681781
>1. salomon quest 4d 2
>2.vasque st. elis
>3.asolo fugitive
Why?
>>
Ive had my vasque st. elis for about five years still hanging in there. Love them. Haven't owned the others
>>
>>681783
why what?
>>
>>681784
are those your main boots used?
>>
>>681781
I bought pic related about a year ago and I can't complain. This model is very similar to Asolo's fugitive. I'll say that they fit just as expected when others complained that asolos could be too narrow, and I have fairly wide feet. I bough 13s. I wear a 12 in Clarks boots, and a 14 in nike sneakers.

The boots themselves were a bit stiff at first. It took about 30+ miles in them to start liking them. If i had to do it over again, OP. I'd surely get gore-tex.The shoes I got didn't have a vibram sole but i assume it is damn similar. But I can't be sure that I shouldn't have gone with the vibram model soles.

sierratradingpost.com has good deals on asolos in varying sizes. i lucked out and got mine for about 90ish bucks and were originally two something.

good luck and let me know if you have any questions
>>
>>681781
Vasque's will be the last boots you buy in a LONG time. Great boot, did 4 days in Algonquin without break-in and my feet were great after.
>>
>>681781
Lacrosse makes good boots.
>>
>>681781
I currently have a pair of Scarpa and they are the best boot I have ever bought.
>>
>>681781
I have quest 4d 2s, and love them to death. Size runs true, stiff sole, and good ankle support.
>>
>>682120
Seconding Scarpas. Scarpa Kailash GTX is the best all-around use model, imo.

But really as long as you have durable construction, vibram soles because they last forever, a waterproof, breathable liner like Goretex, and a comfortable fit that works for you, then you are good to go.

Order a bunch of models from Amazon or Zappos and figure out what works for you, and return the rest with the free return shipping.
>>
This seems like the relevant thread, I'm a poorfag and I need a backpacking boot. What do? I really would like to keep it under $100 if possible.
>>
>>682128
This, love mine.

Asolo also make good boots, but I prefer the raw comfort of the Salomon 4d chassis.
Also, while not technically rated, the quest2 will take a b1 crampon quite happily.
>>
>>682267
something half price in a sale.
>>
>>682279
any brands/models to keep an eye out for?
>>
>>682280
anything in this thread, really/
My quest 2 's were 90gbp reduced from 150, so that is not much over your budget.

Also, 'gtx' models tend to tick all the boxes of tough, light and waterproof.
>>
I have some Scarpa hiking boots, I really like them.
>>
>>681781
What kind of hiking are you planning on getting into? Long distance, multi-day, overnight, day trips? Do you have a local store where you can try shoes and boots on? Everyone's feet are so very different, and all the boots I've seen mentioned are great boots, but nobody over the internet is going to be able to accurately recommend what the beat pair of boots for your feet will be.
>>
>>681781
I have the Fugitives. Not cheap, but they are durable as all fuck. Bought them for my first long-duration field season for geology in the Mojave. Were certainly well-enough ventilated, and absolutely held up fantastically. The waterproofing is great too, as I am now wearing them as winter boots back at school in Wisconsin. Would wholly recommend the boots, anon.
>>
>>681781
Why not lowas?
>>
File: sko.jpg (230KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
sko.jpg
230KB, 2048x1151px
Vasque st elias owner, they hold up pretty good. Had minor problems with gnawing against the shinbone, and some of the metal parts are not reinforced very well. Gnawing is only an issue after 30 km+.
>>
File: LowaTicam.jpg (511KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
LowaTicam.jpg
511KB, 600x480px
Lowa master race reporting in
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.