[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hammocking a Meme or are people who say it is dumber then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Is Hammocking a Meme or are people who say it is dumber then this Orangutan ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snl4U8HPdtQ
>>
Saged and reported for obvious shitposting and trolling
>>
Hammocks are uncomfortable as shit.

I'd much rather cut some wood and build a platform if animals worry me.
>>
>>681263
Not true, I haven't slept in one in a while but growing up it was my favorite part of vacation and I actually had a hammock strung in my BR in my teens.
Definitely getting one for /out when I'm on my own.
>>
>>681263

Laying on the ground with a pad is uncomfortable.

But when you are in a hammock you are suspended and surrounded by a cushion of down. It sort of feels like you are floating on a cloud of down.

Its not uncomfortable at all, its very relaxing for people who like to enjoy outside and still be lightweight.

People relax and chill out in hammocks all the time, and they wouldn't do that if it was uncomfortable.

Gathered end Hammocks are not as good as an Asymmetrically cut hammock. But if you are dumber then a money I will have to explain it to you like one.

In a gather end hammock you lay in it like a bananna.

But in an Asymmetrically cut hammock you have a footbox and you lay at a slight angle to the line of the hammock and it gives you a very flat lay.

If feels like you are in a full bed. Because you can lay so flat and you are surrounded by a cocoon of down.

I bet you never tried out how awesome a bottom quilt is.
>>
There's a reason no one uses them for backpacking. They literally fail every comparison to a tent. Price, comfort, ease of use
>>
File: hmph.gif (5KB, 251x180px) Image search: [Google]
hmph.gif
5KB, 251x180px
>>681395
jesus i can smell the bovine excrement on your breath from here. and is that hint of babydick in there too?
>>
>>681226
Some people swear by it, some don't. It being the best evar is, but its not shit. If you are uncomfortable with whatever your sleep system is currently its and alternative worth a night to try out. It might be a crutch though, because there are plenty of worthwhile places you won't be able to effectively hammock.
>>
>>681226
On motorcycle trips I carry a hammock and a tent. I prefer the hammock but only when the weather is nice. Also, some areas either don't let you hang hammocks or they just don't have any trees at all (like when I took a trip down the entire coast of TX from Louisana to Mexico and camped out on the beach in various areas).

When I'm backpacking I just carry the hammock because it takes up MUCH less room than a tent does.

Some people say hammocks are uncomfortable, some people love them. If you can sleep in one comfortably then I'd definitely suggest getting one (but make sure you get one with mosquito netting built in). They're smaller, lighter, and easier/quicker to set up than a tent is. Great for nice weather camping. When it's cold outside or really rainy then I prefer having a tent to keep both myself AND all my gear out of the elements.
>>
Both are fine. When I'm solotrekking I prefer a hammock, when I'm with friends I bring a shared 2-3 person tent. I like the hammock for ease of use, and I sleep much better in one, but different strokes for different people.
>>
>>681226

Yes it's a meme. No, that doesn't mean it isn't a nice way to camp. Look at the other memes on /out/. Moras: decent very cheap knife. Paracord: good enough for most uses, cheap, versatile. Granfors Bruks: an excellent (if stupidly expensive) axe.

Meme just means that people spend too much time talking about it. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea to begin with.

My hammock shit on me in a really bad storm... but that was my bad for getting the tarp wrong. In fair weather it's been cozy and fun. WAY more comfortable than a tent. Packs nicely too.

I've seen other people who know what they're doing tarp-wise and for them a storm is not a problem.
>>
>>684249
This
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.