[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cool places to /out/ in Utah?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

File: Utah.jpg (483KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Utah.jpg
483KB, 1600x1200px
Cool places to /out/ in Utah?
>>
>>679432
Seen the movie 127 hours? It's got some pretty cool geological features, the caldera hot spring (the pool he jumps into) in particular is awesome, though unfortunately it's owned an operated like a theme park. Antelope canyon is fairly touristy, but still free to wander in and amazingly beautiful. Whole movie takes place in UT.
>>
>>679432

>arches
>bryce
>goodneck
>>
>>679432
Everywhere. I live near Zions Canyon so here's a short list of what I love.

Zion
Bryce
Mountains around hatch & panguitch
The Hurricane Cliffs
Sand hollow
Pine mountain
Gooseberry mesa
Smithsonian butte
Kanab and surrounding areas
Cedar city and Yankee flats
Kolob
Kodachrome point
Henry mountains
Beryl desert and beryl junction
Enterprise and surrounding mountains
Filmore and surrounding mountains
Clear lake
West desert
Utah/Nevada borderlands
Utah/Arizona borderlands
Virgin river drainage

Really though Utah has a million places to go. Everything I listed is only about 3% of what the state has to offer.

Pic related, my back yard.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>679498
Damn anon that's awesome! Any hunting around? I live in New York / Ireland and my out experience is only mediocre at best so far. Pic related a mountain top in Ireland
>>
>>679432
are you fucking kidding me? all of utah is a good place to /out/. Need some desert wilderness? Need high altitude lakes and forests? Need some amazing geological formations? Need salt flats and marshes? Just go somewhere!
>>
>>679909
I've lived here forever and only left the city twice : / apparently utahs amazing for outing had no idea.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x454px
>>679432
Anything farther west than Ohio is basically grassy plains with buffalo shitting all over the place, or deserts with cactus growing every 5 inches. I don't even know where the fuck Utah is. Some desert shithole probably. If you don't want to be found dead at the bottom of a sand dune, with scorpions crawling over your corpse, then go /out/ someplace on the eastern coast. So to answer your question, no, there are no cool places to go /out/ in Utah
>>
>>679973
>anywhere west of Ohio is shit
Ohio is shit. I was there for work and hated it.

>>679904
Tons of hunting. Want Deer? Henry Mountains produce some of the biggest mule deer ever. Want Coyote? State wide. Want pig? Sorry not in Utah yet. Want Moose and Elk? Good stable populations. Cougar? They're here. Rabbits? Everywhere. Snake? I get them in my back yard every spring. I shoot the aggressive ones that wont leave, skin them, grill em and stick them on hat bands. Fishing is top notch also.

>>679945
I'm betting you live in west valley. How could you not know?
>>
>>680050
Nope not that ghetto but didn't care much until I lurked here awhile.
>>
Never been to Utah, but I just booked a hotel in kanab. Going with my gf this spring break.
>>
>>680068
Congrats. Moab is great but too many tourists. Kanab is a nice city. I live an hour away. When you're there you should go north to mt Carmel junction then west to the northern entrance for Zion. You can go through Zions canyon then head south to Laverkin, go left to Hurricane, head up the cliffs to freedonia and go north to Kanab. I'm in Hurricane and I take people on that big circle when they want to see the area.
>>
>>679973
You are embarrassingly ignorant. Utah is about a thousand times more beautiful and wild than Ohio and you might know it if you'd ever been anywhere.
>>
File: 17.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>680145
Item A is <objective quantity> more <subjective quality> than Item B
>>
>>680159
oh is that your face when you post from the basement about places you've never been
>>
File: 1454534290764.png (19KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1454534290764.png
19KB, 493x402px
>>680177
>>
File: Extermination_of_bison_to_1889.png (436KB, 1127x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Extermination_of_bison_to_1889.png
436KB, 1127x1135px
>>679973
>buffalo shitting all over the place
not anymore
however there used to be buffalo in Ohio

>responding to trolls
I know I shouldn't, I just like bison
>>
>>680159
Because Utah is superior to Ohio in every way

>better land
>better government
>better jobs
>better industry
>better recreation
>better hunting
>no magazine cap
>no restrictions on firearms
>great gun laws
>everyone has a Utah CC permit
>highest per capita gun ownership
>best burger joint (crown burger)

Go cry into lake Eire.
>>
>>679498
I'm pretty jealous, I went on a tour of a bunch of those places a few years ago and was blown away by the geology. I love my state but damn I'd love to live around there.

Plus youre only a few hours out of Vegas if the mormons get you down
>>
>>679973
yeah, buddy you're totally right, no reason for you to head this way, its just so terrible. Stay over there because we're so jealous and stuff
>>
>>680228
>no alcohol

checkmate
>>
>>680265
What are you talking about? I have a bottle of bourbon sitting next to me.
>>
>>680284
anon thinking SLC and Mormonness applies to all of UT
>>
File: DSC_0207 - Copy.jpg (441KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0207 - Copy.jpg
441KB, 864x1296px
Glenn Canyon national recreation area is fantastic.. It starts out as flat desert, but eventually you find yourself in some beautiful canyons. I took this picture last year when my group reached Jacob Hamblin Natural Land Bridge. Beyond ththis point there's about 4 more sandstone arches within the next 10 miles alone.

Fantastic place with lots of wildlife.
>>
File: saltLake.jpg (44KB, 490x320px) Image search: [Google]
saltLake.jpg
44KB, 490x320px
>>680265
You are uninformed

I've been to 48 states, and I'd put Utah in the top 5 for going /out/
>>
File: Holy Hill.jpg (826KB, 2048x1289px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Hill.jpg
826KB, 2048x1289px
>>680366
What're the other 5? How is Wyoming?
>>
Canyonlands, specifically the Needles are 10/10. Go in the early spring.
>>
>>680625
Alaska, Montana, Colorado, California
Wyoming is good b/c there are not that many people there. It would certainly be in the top 10
>>
>>680183
kek'd out loud
>>
>>680069
Thanks for the info brother, i'm definitely going to do that loop. I'm so excited.

I really want to check out some of the slot canyons/caves, do you know of any that are somewhat accessible by paved road? My gf isn't much of a hiker and our car isn't the most dirt road worthy :(

Also this is the thread theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScvqKAOCvcM
>>
>>680696
I do know of one but its a secret sacred place that's over six miles through the desert from any roads. Aside from that I'm not too sure about caves. I'd just do a google search for southern Utah caves or northern Arizona caves.
>>
>>680665
Any places you can suggest in Wyoming? Is medicine bow national forest worth checking out?
>>
>>680665
What are you're favorite places in California? I live in LA and I've been all over the Redwood and Happy Camp areas, and also love the Trinity Alps and Angeles National Forest.
>>
File: Flaming Gorge 009.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Flaming Gorge 009.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>681005
MOTHERFUCKING FLAMING GORGE
>>
>>681005
I haven't been there, it's a bit far for me. Anything in the Wind River range is great, that's about the wildest country in the lower 48.
>>
>>680903
Damn you tease, why is the place sacred and how did you gain access to its location?
I'm very interested in Native American secrets, I know they are very insular with their higher knowledge.
That's both a good and bad thing, Native cultures are quickly dying out and a lot of their hidden knowledge will forever be lost.
>>
>>679432
>>681479
>>681480
>>681481
>>681482
>>681483
>>681485
>>681486
>>681487
here are some pics i just posted from sangre de christo mountain range in colorado, just a hop skip and a jump from utah if you're on the east/south east part

this place has it all and more. it's right next to the sand dunes and you can see so many different environments in a span of about five miles. unreal
>>
>>681502
Its a Paiute sight I stumbled upon. Not very deep caves but really cool. The problem is that they're on Paiute land and I was unaware I had been trespassing. I was politely told to not come back. I'm still petitioning for access but its been since June.
>>
>tfw in midwest

going to move to the northwest someday
>>
>>681509
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>681060
Eastern side of the Sierra, north of Lone Pine and south of Tioga
>>
File: IMG_1992.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1992.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Arches and Canyonlands are literally a fucking playground. So many things to climb and explore.

Southern Utah is one of the best places on Earth for /out/
>>
Seriously thinking about moving to Utah. Living in Metro-Atlanta, Georgia now and it's just way too crowded, traffic is bad, and too many blacks and crime. Have heard nothing but good things about Utah aside from the fact that some people don't like that LDS people don't let them into their inner circle. Any places that Utahfags would suggest checking out for work and possibly moving long term?
>>
File: green-river-canyon-winding.jpg (50KB, 360x247px) Image search: [Google]
green-river-canyon-winding.jpg
50KB, 360x247px
Desolation Canyon. About as remote a place as you'll ever find in the lower 48.
>>
>>680288
The true fundie Mormons think SLC is a den of sin and generally avoid it
>>
>>685289
It is a den a sin :^)
>>
I lived there for a couple years and went to a hotspring, outside of Springville I think south of provo. Was a 30 min hike in the snow to get there, but it was worth it.
>>
>>679432
Buckhorn Wash
>>
I have posted before about my two wives, but hold back for reasons.

Trust, UT is working for me!
God, Love, Famiky. You need more?

Stay /put/!
>>
>>686019
Cody?

Now are you one of us (Mormon) or are you just wanting two wives? Either way I still think you're missing the point.
>>
Wish Utah had more forests. Was thinking of moving to Idaho to get more dense forest.
>>
>>686149
What're you talking about? Between 5000 and 10000 feet are heavy aspen and pine forrests
>>
>>685235
SLC is great I've lived here my whole life and it's a large enough city that you can find almost any kind of work. Provo would be great too if you don't mind the Mormons they're nice people, but some just can't stand them idk why.
>>
>>686292
Cool, thanks. Yea I've been looking in that area. I think I might bounce around some cities and town around there and just settle down wherever feels most comfortable and where I find a decent job.
>>
>>680625
Holy shit that's in Wisconsin I've been there
Sadly Wisconsin probably isn't in anyone's top five
>>
>>686253
Is it?
>>
>>680265
liquor store dog
>>
>>686515
I mean, you could look at OP's pic for but one example, dumpass
>>
>>682114
This guy knows. My girlfriend's family is from Bishop. That whole valley between the White and Sierra Nevada mountains goes hard.
>>
>>679450
>Antelope canyon is fairly touristy

But AC is in Arizona
>>
>>686540
looks like desert to me
>>
>>686821
Are you blind or just retarded?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.