[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATV/ vs Side x Side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

My uncle is selling his Ranger and a utility-style ATV. I like both machines. I've been thinking of getting my own off road toy. My brothers ride dirt bikes, but I've never had my own off road vehicle to go out with them. Any green sticker vehicle would be fine, really. I'm not a good rider, especially high revvy 2 strokes. I just like to cruise.

Plus side to the Side x Side
>fit the waifu
>fit more beer/ gear
>safer?

Plus sides to the ATV
>easier to get on/off
>cheaper
>faster?
>>
>>679070
Personally, I'd rather have the ATV. It's smaller and can go places that a SxS will have trouble getting into and it is easier to load and haul.

I don't see the point of a SxS at all, just buy an older, used 4x4 Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger instead. They're cheaper and much more functional than a SxS.
>>
>>679076
Funny you bring up a Tacoma. My uncle and cousins had to help out some guys in a Tacoma, lifted on 33"s, and 4x4. Stuck in shallow rut. Their friend in a Jeep didn't have a recovery strap or anything. But we did, and pulled the truck out no problem. Side x Sides go where trucks and Jeeps cannot. ATV's do have lower center of gravity, but I've never been on super gnarly trails on one though.
>>
Man I've drove many SxS Rangers. They're just awesome. My family has several. Dad, brother, 3 uncles, 3 cousins, grandma... all of them have their own. Mostly Rangers, a few John Deeres. One Kawasaki.

I grew up learning on ATVs, then rode a dirt bike for about 10 years. I think the SxS is as much fun as anything.

If you're riding tight technical trails, then a bike or ATV is a lot better.

If you're using the vehicle for bumming around on wider trails, it's awesome. You can have a cooler, and a ton of camping gear, and have a passenger with you.
>>
>>679080
Eh, I look as a SxS as more of a utility vehicle for hauling shit around and doing work on the farm/ranch and in that capacity, a small 4x4 truck will do everything a SxS can do and more.

I see ATV's more as an offroad toy in my mind. I dunno, I've driven both SxS's and ATV's and the ATV's were always more fun/comfortable to me when shit got rough.
>>
>>679070
Northern mn dweller here, the factory where they make them is north of my place. The rangers are fun and well built but the get stuck so fucking due to their weight. I would go with a wheeler for going off road.
>>
>>679089
For one, a small truck/jeep is going to be way slower than a modern SxS. Building a comparable truck would cost you more (although UTVs are getting hella expensive now) plus vehicle registration, more fuel, larger trailer, larger tow vehicle, etc. They are smaller so there are significantly more trails you can take them on depending on where you live. A trail jeep would be near useless for me.

There is a reason they are as popular as they are. Basically the perfect vehicle for a weekend warrior.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.