[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to eat cricket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: cricket.jpg (291KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
cricket.jpg
291KB, 900x513px
Guys, I want to try cricket. My friend eat once and he said they are delicious, they taste like shrimps. And they have a very good nutritional value.

Which type of crickets can I eat? Can I eat the green ones? And how do I found them in the woods? Thanks!
>>
100 grams of cricket contains: 121 calories, 12.9 grams of protein, 5.5 g. of fat, 5.1 g. of carbohydrates, 75.8 mg. calcium, 185.3 mg. of phosphorous, 9.5 mg. of iron, 0.36 mg. of thiamin, 1.09 mg. of riboflavin, and 3.10 mg. of niacin
>>
>>677132
Shrimp is gross
>>
My grandfather said I will not find them, they only appear in the winter? Is true? Where are a they are now?

I'm from South America, it's summer here.
>>
>>677137
>My grandfather said I will not find them, they only appear in the winter. Is true? Where are they now?

auto fix'd.
>>
>>677140
You are gross, you fucking shemale lover.
>>
>>677144 This was for you >>677136
>>
>>677144
What's wrong with trannies?

Best of both worlds m8
>>
Insects are basically crustaceans, so it makes sense that they would taste pretty similar.
>>
>>677132
OP, you can eat both crickets and grasshoppers (I know some people in the South call green grasshoppers crickets). You can collect crickets in a jar and seal it to kill them. You need to pull off their rear legs, which have spines that can catch and burrow through your small intestines. They should always be cooked, because they can contain tapeworms, like raw pork.

Crickets like cool dark places that have moisture. Grasshoppers can be found in, well the grass.

Here's a link to raise your own:

http://www.wikihow.com/Raise-Your-Own-Crickets
>>
>>677152
the brain
>>
>>677152
How do you prepare your trannies for cooking? Marinade?

I normally butcher them up and toss the parts on the grill with my BBQ sauce. But last summer we had a full pig roast style tranny cookout and it was delicious.
>>
>>677291
Anon spit roasted a tranny? Somehow this doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>677292
It was actually the deal with the pit and the hot coals on top.

Maybe this summer I will spit-roast one. I have been creeping Craigslist and Backpages looking for a good candidate.
>>
>>677132
Some grasshoppers are not edible, all grasshoppers contain parasites and must be cooked well.

Crickets are perfectly fine to eat, though who knows what they could have gotten into, cook first.

You can also farm cockroaches or crickets for protein, as well as mealworms. They're all relatively easy to farm in large quantities due to quick breeding, but cockroaches are the fastest for the most meat and least environmental impact for any livestock. B.Dubia is the easiest to eat, we cook our cockroaches in a little brown sugar.

You just put them in a bin with cardboard egg cartons, feed them a little dish of water with rocks in it, and a small amount of chicken feed and/or table scraps. You can buy another insect that eats their poop, which will keep the tank really clean, just google raising b.dubias for food. But don't eat the cleaner insects.
>>
>>677485
So... I have to ask... How do you prepare the roaches?

Are they big suckers? And how often do you eat them?
>>
>>677490

They're about the size of my thumb, I pull a bunch from the bin, freeze them to kill them, then pan fry them with some butter and brown sugar. Then I pull their wings off and eat them. They're a little crunchy but taste pretty good.

My husband was much less into it than me but he's really come around to insect farming.
>>
>>677493
Thats realy interesting actually, can you talk about it a bit more?
What got you into it? Do you enjoy it like a hobby? What do your friends / relatives say
>>
>>677132
Somebody i worked with told me a trick for crawfish you may want to try with crickets too. Ive noticed from having feeder crickets for other pets that the crickets are always pooping all over the place. So my coworker said how he prepares crawfish is to first put them all in brine water so they literally puke and shit everywhere and then can be removed from the water and rinsed off. Something about how with crustaceans you dont wana have that stuff inside the animal when you cook it since obviously you cant really clean a crawdad or cricket
>>
>>677661
Well, I read this artlice about how insect farming is more sustainable than traditional livestock, and requires smaller areas, and all the benefits, so I did some googling to find what bug was best. Dubias were a natural choice because they can't climb smooth surfaces to escape their bin, they have less shell than other roaches, and people said they don't smell as bad.

So I ordered 20 online, put them in a bin with some chicken feed and water crystals, stuck them in a closet in the warmest part of the house, and in a few months I had enough that we could easily harvest enough for a good meal. I did get one mold problem once, but I haven't had one since I put in the cleaner bugs.

Keeping the moisture and the heat perfect for the bugs but not for mold is the trickiest part, but once you get it, you get it.

I throw table scraps into the bin now, sometimes still a little chicken feed and some crushed eggshells [they attack each other if they don't get enough calcium].

My cat did get into the bin once and slaughter some of them, but overall it's been pretty good.

We have to freeze and eat them pretty often now because they breed SO fast, but if you deshell them and throw them in a stirfry or a stew it's really good, and as I said, they taste a lot like shrimp.

I would recommend b.dubia roaches over crickets, which are loud and can jump out of their enclosure.
>>
>>677132
Crickets taste like they smell - like shit. Not to mention the chitin is like cellophane. Go for grasshoppers or grubs instead.
Oh also don't fall for the dried insect meme. All bugs are gross dried. Find a fresh, safe source. You could look into cooking guides too but they're scarce.
>>
File: 1454054330632.jpg (60KB, 650x974px) Image search: [Google]
1454054330632.jpg
60KB, 650x974px
>>677291
>PepsiFag spit-roasted a trannie and gave them his own special marinade
>>
>>679668
Well. I've really been interested in insect farming for a while now and this just seals the deal. Thanks for the info!
>>
>>679668
>Blaptica dubia
If you live in the US, they are considered an invasive species
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-01-28/news/os-illegal-roaches-purchased-orlando-20110128_1_roaches-insects-invasive-species
Don't let them get away
>>
File: 1453769860312.png (307KB, 2000x5622px) Image search: [Google]
1453769860312.png
307KB, 2000x5622px
Ate a bunch of crickets and mealworms once. Fry them up in a skillet with some garlic and you're good to go. Just pick the fucking legs and antenna off the little shits cos if you don't that's gonna tickle your throat for a bit.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>677291
So was it you and two trannies or you a tranny and another man?
>>
>>680102
I do live in the US, but up North, so they shouldn't be able to breed here outside, but yeah, good point! Some might have gotten away when my cat got into the bin, but I haven't seen any!

>>679711
Do it, it's great! But definitely get the cleaner bugs or your tank will stink! Mine did before I got them. Now there's minimal stink and much less cleaning.
>>
>>680468
You know, I'm not even sure anymore. If was a strange time when the hormones were just starting to do their thing.

>>679710
Don't be too jelly
>>
>>681364
nigga you gay?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3479x1873px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3479x1873px
>>681396
It's complicated...

But IRL, no. Sorry guys, I'm not on the market.
>>
>>681399
dat rust
>>
File: 257.png (188KB, 601x520px) Image search: [Google]
257.png
188KB, 601x520px
>>681399
>>
>>681399
Was she eating a lime?
>>
Look up entomophogy in general, if you're interested. The best way would be to farm your own. Buy feeder crickets and keep them in a large plastic tub. Feed them corn meal. They can live off cardboard, but they'll taste like cardboard. Look up how to make a place for them to deposit their eggs. You'll need to remove these things and place them into a separate tub to hatch or the crickets will just eat the eggs. Keep rotating tubs so that you have batches of different ages. Before you kill them, feed them herbs like basil for added deliciousness. Freeze to kill. Dry roast to kill any parasites. You can the cook them in stir fry, or grind them into powder to add to baking, or whatever.

Good luck op.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (31KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
31KB, 485x303px
>>679706
Haven't tried them like this senpai
>>
>>677133
How many grams is one cricket typically?
They seem healthy as fuck.
Bout to start making cricket gains
>>
Crickets are a lean protein, which is typically touted as a good thing, but can't be used as a staple. Look up "rabbit starvation".
>>
>>677132
Bulk buy them and fry/bake them.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.