[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long term outdoor survival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: washington-state-forest.jpg (379KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
washington-state-forest.jpg
379KB, 1280x853px
Hey /out

Im a complete outdoor newfag. so much, that ive never even been camping, ever.

im looking for help in either directing me or just tips on longterm outdoor survival. When i say longterm, i mean by that possibly year or more long. Is it even possible given how the world has changed? im also looking for it to be without any human contact during that time, or minimal, and abscence of modernity.
The area that i have fantasized about would be somewhere along the lines of washington, those sorts of forests. But then again, im basing this solely on the looks of those places. What area would be best to survive in?

How do i even start, and am i retarded for even imagining such a dream?

halp
>>
>>676669
Why don't you buy a cheap tent and spend a few weekends out in nature and see if you even like it? If you've never been out camping you might take the conveniences of modern life for granted.

Pro-tip: Bring toilet paper.
>>
>>676676
i have that planned soon. But for now im wondering if pursuing it makes any sense.

Ive never been camping but i have spent a few months in a hermitage in india. But i lived off of food donations and didnt have to do much aside keeping the fire alive. I definetly liked it, but it was still to much human contact for me.
>>
>>676669
Why do we get this thread pretty much every day.

Like the other guy says, stop aiming so big, just go out camping for a bit if you're serious.
>>
>>676676
>Pro-tip: Bring toilet paper
ignore this,
actual PRO-Tip" bring wet wipes/baby wipes
>>
>>676681
idk if this is dumb but the way i did it in the hermitage was waterbottle and hand. makes everything cleaner than paper, isnt this better ?
>>
>>676682
possibly, depends on your fur factor. I have a hairy ass, if I can soak in water or shower, great, if not baby wipes are next up.
I've never tried water/hand. May give it a go.
>>
>>676682
did you use the designated shitting street?
>>
>>676680
Because the peoe who lack the critical thinking skills to work through this idea on their own also lack the critical thinking skills to realize this has probably been posted before and to check the catalog.

Seriously Mods, hermit/homeless/runaway sticky when?
>>
>>674915
>>
>>676681
>wet wipes
Most contain plastic fiber, so they will not break down
Unless you pack them out, you are littering

Are people really that fussy that they need baby wipes for their delicate little bungholes?
Who is smelling your ass in backcountry anyways?
>>
File: 834631.jpg (12KB, 235x440px) Image search: [Google]
834631.jpg
12KB, 235x440px
>>676718
I just wear smartwool silvers (or shorts if it's very hot). they wick all the fecie peices away from your butt and then you just wash them in running water every week or so
>>
>>676669
Go car camping. do it for 2-3 days each month. then for 1-2 weeks the next year. After that, go hiking and camping starting with 2-3 days then 1-2 weeks. Do that for a year.

After that you will have enough experience and equipment to do what you really want to do or you may abandon the entire idea and keep doing what you've been doing.

Remember one major thing. The extreme want to get away from everyone and everything is an indication of high stress and or mental instability. I suggest getting some therapy from a professional to help you make the proper decision and to help you cope with other things in your life. This doesn't mean to not do what you want to do. It just means you should know where you stand in your life before you do it.
>>
>>676718
>>676721
Bring a wash cloth. Wash your ass with it. Wash the wash cloth. Repeat. Make herbal teas (without sugar) and wash your self with those to prevent rashes and bad odors. The latter can indicate skin problems about to occur. Just google up some local herbs that are good for antibacterial/antimicrobial/anti-fungal activity.
>>
I recomend you go into the woods for a few days with only a knife and an axe and after you see how hungry and exhausted you will be after those few days you decide what you do next.
>>
>hey /asp/ how do I go about becoming UFC heavyweight champion?
>/k/ I'd like to join the navy SEALS where do I sign up
>r9k I want to be the most successful pickup artist ever what are some lines
>biz how do I make a million dollars without getting a great job and investing

Every other thread on this board is now knife autism or NEETs experiencing mild, passing disaffection with society and asking if they should fade stoically, romantically, heroically into the wilderness. Fuck.
>>
>>676681
I second this, and there are ones that should biodegrade
>>
>>676724
Bring two washcloths. One white for washing your face and body, and one brown for wiping/washing your ass.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.