[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slingshot Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

Slingshots, Slingbows, and other good shit
>>
File: 1454027032708.jpg (21KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1454027032708.jpg
21KB, 500x337px
>>
Nigga you aren't Bart Simpson.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>676244
>>>/k/

Pellet guns anybody? I went hunting in the forest preserve in Chicago with them once. Also my backyard. Pretty /out/...
>>
File: MAR_2173.jpg (124KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
MAR_2173.jpg
124KB, 800x533px
Made from a Petzl descender.
>>
>>676289
I have an old yugoslavian break-barrel a friend gave to me I lightly restored. Needs a new spring but itns pretty fun.
>>
Currently plinking around with a trumark wrist rocket, with the black heavy bands. Packs quite a punch with 3/8 inch ammo.

I bought a band of theraband gold though. Once I make a decent handle/frame I'll cut 4 strips out of that and make something very strong. Always love this guy's vids btw anyone interested in slingshot stuff should check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVZlxkKqlvVqzRJXhAGq42Q
>>
>>676309
Very nice, sir. Well scavenged!
>>
>>676324
Not mine but I plan to make one. Slingshots are illegal here.
>>
>>676330
I know that feel
>>
>>676330
>>676338
You guys must be from England. /pol/ warned me about people like you.
>>
>>676330
Where do you live, England?
>>
>>676348
Melbourne, Australia.

>>676341
I think bongers may have greater access than we do. There are a couple of reputable slingshot companies there.
>>
File: 20160128_234132_HDR[1].jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160128_234132_HDR[1].jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
My slingshot I made. Hard to be accurate but still lots of fun to be had with it, especially when you manage to hit something, CRAAACK.
>>
>>676341
Denmark
The Danish word for sling shot is "slangebosse" which can be humorously mistranslated to snake-gay. I like that our law protects us against half man half snake homosexuals
>>
>>676348
They're illegal in Massachusetts
>>
>>676289
>dat 1077
I had one of the first ones they made. Beautiful little rifle. I used to hunt rabbits with it out to about 35-40 yards (south Texas shrub brush, so not much visibility anyway). Then the seals gave out because I was young and didn't know how to take care of them.

Also, I'm now kinda stuck south of Chicago (Urbana-Champaign) and was wondering about the pellet rifle laws. Can you just own one with no problems? Can you take it with you innawoods in forest preserves or national parks? I was under the (probably incorrect) impression that you needed an Firearms ID or whatever to own one.
>>
>>676426
Woah, no shit? I lived in MA for a few years and had slingshots and never knew this.

Talk about a nanny state.
>>
>>676244
Man I loved my slingshot, but my bag with all my gear got stolen a couple of months ago. Use to hunt small game with it when /out/ and it felt boss as fuck.
>>
>>676443
Yep, they were illegal when I got my 1st one in Maine, had to be late 70's
Somewhere in the middle they weren't illegal but are again now.
Just picked up a new one in Maine.

Also, technically, due to a typo in MGL they aren't illegal but slungshots are. It's illegal to sell or manufacture, but technically not possess.
>>
>>676330
You in New Jersey?
>>
>>676464
You can buy them at cabela's in maine
>>
>>676677
yep, that's where I got it. I'm sure Kittery Trading Post as well but didn't have time to stop there.
>>
File: 20151012_110139.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151012_110139.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>676244
posted a couple of times here before but...

I never leave the house without one
>>
>>676711
What kind of catapult is that?
>>
>>676441
In IL, you need the FOID card if the caliber is larger than .177 AND it shoots faster than 700FPS.

That bigger Gamo, the guy at Dick's didn't know what he was talking about and wouldn't sell it to me because of the law. It is 1000fps with lead pellets, but is only .177. So I went back there and explained the law and he sold it to me.

The laws on actually shooting them vary by city though. So I have no idea.
>>
>>676367
Nigga that's a sling.
Sling shot uses tension and retraction (like elastic bands).

>>676413
I like that too and I've never been near Denmark.

>>676244
Can anybody tell me what the cheapest non-shit simple slingshot is? Non-zinc, I think. I used to have one, still have the bands for it even, but one arm broke off, and I hear that's a problem with the shit ones.
>>
>>676653
No, but would bans like that matter in the USA?

Like, say you're in a no-switchblade state. Do the stores operating in switchblade states just send them out to you anyway?
>>
I used to have a hunting slingshot. That thing was super powerful and a little scary to use. If you hit a tree with it while aiming for a squirrel those metal balls could come ricocheting back at you.
>>
>>677682
No, you shouldn't be able to get them shipped to you BUT you can travel there and purchase the item and return home with it.
>>
>>677754
>No, you shouldn't be able to get them shipped to you BUT you can travel there and purchase the item and return home with it.

Yep. If you can't buy it at home, go where you can. For example, my son lives in Colorado...

Or have it shipped to a friend in a legal state and have him mail it to you.
>>
>>676244
this is interesting.
says its a modified Hawaiian sling.
gonna have to build one today.
>>
>>677784
Been thinking about how to rig up my scout to shoot arrows. Decided a few split rings might work but I have to give this a go before I do.
Might try a wicker biscuit and maybe a loop that is easier to pull back on. Looks pretty solid.
>>
>>677784
I'm gonna give this a shot. I take it that it can only fire arrows, though?
>>
>>677784
That reminds me of these pea shooter things we used to make as kids.

We would take those little tubes M&M minis came in, cut off the end, and put a balloon on one end. Drop a little pebble or whatever in the balloon, grab it, pull back, and let it rip.

I guess you could use any PVC pipe around 6" long and 1"-2" diameter. And any thicker balloon, or fingers from latex gloves. I was always more accurate with those than a regular sling shot. Took out my garage window with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 728x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 728x484px
>>678137
Kinda what we would do, but with a ~6" plastic tube instead of a medicine bottle
>>
>>678137
>>678139
How to hunt squirrels with a condom.

This will be the title of my /out/ book.
>>
>>678206
Try and make one man, they are a blast. If you got some real thick rubbers or a couple of them together, I bet you could get some real velocity on whatever you are using as ammo.
>>
>>678206
Kek, I'd pay for that book.
>>
>>678212
>>678213
I'll get started on both of these.
>>
>>676244
My dad used to have crazy skills with those things.

>>676289
I love mine, 10 years old Gamo 440, stills work like a charm, can kill rabbits at 20-30m.
>>
>>677784
Oh hey. I've seen those in an emergency survival guide. You carve a spear with a hook right behind the point, and use it at ranges of a couple of feet to catch fish.
>>
>>677682
Does any state actually ban _owning_ switchblades? My state just bans carrying them.
>>
>>678784
>>677682
Try ordering one online and see if there are restrictions for any states. If there are, it had to be a retarded state like NY, NJ, or CA.

I thought most states, it was legal to buy them, even carry them but they can't be concealed. Which is strange kinda. It can be clipped on your belt, but not in your pocket. Same with butterflies. I've got a little switchblade I keep in my car.

Dumb laws anyway considering it is legal to conceal carry a folder that is assisted when you open it. And that's way faster than a butterfly. I think the laws are just trying to protect stupid people from hurting themselves.
>>
>>678784
>>678893
I don't know. I'm not American. I just used that as an example because I was under the impression a lot of your states ban them.
>>
>>678930
They still sell them everywhere I have lived (which is only 2 different states) and it is perfectly legal to own and use them. You just aren't supposed to carry them concealed. Butterfly knives, switchblades, and folders and fixed blades over a certain length (probably something like 4"-6"). I think knives with 2 edges are the same. So if they are on your belt and visible, it is fine. In your pocket or hiding in your waistband, not cool.

At least that's what I have always heard. I'm not a lawyer.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.