[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SFB for Hiking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-16-43.png (541KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-16-43.png
541KB, 1080x1920px
Has anyone here ever used the Nike SFBs for hiking long trips? How do they fare in wet environments? Are they quality or regular Nike shit tier boots? Are they /out/ approved?
Pic related
>>
>>675541
They're honestly stupid. If you want boots get boots with real soles. If you want athletic shoes, wear running shoes
>>
File: MRL-W88623-0721101.jpg (189KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MRL-W88623-0721101.jpg
189KB, 1200x1200px
get actual hiking boots
not fashion boots
NIKE SFB are not allowed to be used by soldiers because they fuck up feet
>>
Met a lot of guys that swear by them for rucking but I don't really like them. No real ankle support. Just tall running shoes.

They're really cheap right now, but I think they just came out with a new generation that's better quality.
>>
>>675541
>Nike
Kill yourself, Hi-Tec Altitudes are the only way to go.
>>
>>675570
Except sfb's are allowed to be used by soldiers. The newer ones at least
>>
>>675707

And Merrel Moabs are worn by SEALs .

What's your point anyways?

>>675541

You're a massive faggot.

Go outside more and post less. Arabs hike with motherfucking flip flops.

You can hike perfectly with sneakers.

If you want faggot tacticool looks take whatever fag boots you like the best, but >>675570 got it spot on.
>>
Should i get waterproof polar boots for spring or not cuz im worrying about my feets getting too sweaty.
>>
>>675707
I want army infantry for 6 years, 4 of which I used these exact boots including an Iraq tour

Best boots ever senpai
>>
>>675757
I think it's worth getting a little sweaty. I'd rather have damp feet than drenched feet. Bring some gold bond and sprinkle it in your shoes at the end of the day. This coupled with removing the insole for the night is usually adequate enough to dry off your boots before morning. Granted you don't sweat a lot.
>>
>>675541

If you're going to get ultra light combat boots. At least get something 1/2 decent.

http://www.danner.com/catalog/product/view/id/474/s/tachyon-8-sage-green/category/3/

own a pair of these nice and light.
>>
>>676121
>This boot was engineered to be our lightest most flexible boot ever
What exactly is the point of these? Just fashion "boots"?

If it doesn't deep cleats, a tough rigid sole, and ankle support....then it's not a boot and you never needed a boot.

Just buy some running shoes and be even more comfortable.
>>
>>675541
I always thought they were great for swimming and timed ruck-runs when competing. But I'd never take them to the field. They'd probably be fine, but why risk it, mine broke down pretty fast.

That being said if you have the right socks and shoe gue then fuck it. I had a great pair of hiking boots and the soles fell off on the top of kilimanjaro and I just ducktaped them back on.

But no, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who's still taking serious advice from internet forums
>>
File: 201002552b76fb3eaa5_285x255.jpg (11KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
201002552b76fb3eaa5_285x255.jpg
11KB, 255x255px
>>
Get yourself some Hi-tec Altitudes faggot
>>
>>675744
You've obviously never hiked for extended distances in harsh weather & terrain, desu, I don't even think you've ever properly hiked in your entire life if you're trying to argue that one can hike perfectly well with sneakers for long distances
>>
>>679488
Most hiking boots sold nowadays aren't significantly different than sneakers. The SFBs certainly aren't. No boot that you can walk comfortably in is going to be providing a ton of ankle support, and if that little bit is making a difference, maybe you need to watch your step instead of hoping your boots will save your joints.
>>
>>679529
Actually it's the rigidity of the soles that is more important than ankle support for carrying heavy loads (backpack) across soft and uneven terrain (ie not concrete sidewalk). But hiking boots do provide ankle support. Just because your ankle is still mobile doesn't mean it's not being supported. If you've tried to hike with a heavy pack in running shoes vs hiking boots in very rough terrain, you would know the difference.
>>
>>679488

t. fag
>>
>>679537
What makes you think I haven't? Let your ankles strengthen up a little bit and watch your step. If you take a bad step with >50 lbs on your back, wearing boots won't save you.
>>
>>675570
Those look intricate as fuck and prone to falling apart after 2-3 months, I don't know why everyone on this board continuously shills for them
>>
I have a pair of Oboz and they're fantastic
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.